Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Navin was MY GARBAGE MAN!! His parents owned a garbage company. He was always very pleasant... he had a very intense, scary-looking grey dog that would always be in the passenger side of his truck and the window was always down, so I hesitated to get close too the truck when I saw him. Everyone thought for sure that he disposed of his parents at the Westport dump, but instead, he wrapped their bodies under a tarp at a vacant home in Easton and eventually someone found them several months later. Sometimes the victims are in plain site. Valiente seemed to be the naive girlfriend that got sucked in with the promises of money.

Oh, my! That had to be so awful!

All the recent chatter here about No Case Norm and MT got me thinking about whether there just might be a similar case in the Pattis past. Ask and ye shall receive!

Valiante gets 8 years for helping Navin kill his parents

The Valiante case was a local case that got a good bit of press coverage and has some parallels maybe to the JD case too. Valiante didn't testify against Navin and she was represented by No Case Norm. Perhaps its was this case that Pattis was thinking about when he said (pre his hiring by FD) that MT would serve 5 years I believe.

Quotes from article:

"Jennifer Valiante, accused of helping her boyfriend, Kyle Navin in the fatal shooting of his Easton parents and burying their bodies in a friend’s yard, was sentenced Wednesday to eight years in prison".

You could have stopped the madness,” Superior Court Judge Robert Devlin told Valiante [BBM] as she stood before him, a slightly bemused expression on her face. “You really could have. The real regret to me and I hope to you is that you did not take the opportunity to stop it because you really could have.” [BBM]

"Valiante told the judge she had nothing to say". [BBM]

"Both Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Michael DeJoseph and Valiante’s lawyer, Norman Pattis, stressed during the sentencing hearing that Valiante never considered testifying against Navin, who on the eve of his trial agreed to plead guilty to two counts of murder and was sentenced to 55 years in prison". [BBM]

Related Stories

DeJoseph told the judge they had overwhelming evidence against Navin and didn’t need any testimony from Valiante while Pattis contended several times that his client was only present during the crimes and helped her boyfriend clean up afterwards. [BBM]

So, based on what is seen in this case it looks like if the State lays the murder charge on FD/MT, doesn't do some very generous deal with MT, and MT doesn't testify and if she is found guilty by jury then she is looking at some serious time in CT.
MOO

It is eerie in similarities. My gosh.

Oh, my! That had to be so awful!

It was more bizarre than anything. Just like with JD in New Canaan, cases like Navin's don't happen often in Westport. They scoured the dumps both here and upstate, and the poor parents were both found at the vacant home yard. Kyle apparently really did have a heroine problem and was told he was going to be cut off, which set him off.

It’s odd but while I can understand the feeling that the case will go on forever and while I am appalled that FD, NP, and MT have done all they have in the unspeakable injustices to JD and GF, I also feel as though almost every day, some new relevant information or a helpful new perspective is posted.

Plus, most importantly, I believe that every day is another day of LE assembling pieces into what I hope and believe will be a case as solid and strong as JD’s love for her kids. Like all of you, I never want anyone to think JD and her family have been forgotten because they haven’t and won’t be.

Finally, just as there was something very special about JD, there also is, in my opinion, something very special about this particular WS thread. Although I sometimes look at other threads, this one is my central focus by far. WS does a great job of holding us to the standards of not blaming victims and other vital criteria, and ensuring an atmosphere of civil discussion with the very important inclusion of different viewpoints. Nevertheless, I’ve seen some less-than-cordial posts in other threads and outright enmity in others—but not here. People here sometimes have significantly different viewpoints but everyone stays polite and civil while welcoming different views. It is so good to see. MOO.

One of the most striking things we probably should all remember...Attorney NP has never claimed his client is innocence of the charges....He says the client has an alibi; he says the client will tell his tale to the jury; he says the client is being maligned; and he says the state can't prove its case. Any claims of complete innocence are not heard...Just saying...

Not my area of expertise but I think we learned from the Family Court that taking the 5th can result in adverse inference (think this is the term). Remember when FD took the 5th in Family Court? Judge Heller referred back to this choice as part of her decision to award custody to GF.

The civil case dragging on is frankly a bit of a mind boggler IMO. FD own books and records (such as they are) show a loan owing to FIL of roughly $1.7 million if I recall according to the civil case documents. We haven't seen any evidence to support the FD contention that the FIL loans represented a 'gift' other than statements made by FD (under the legal guidance of then atty KM). I guess anyone can say anything at any time but at a certain point evidence will be required by the court. FIL was a savvy business person and it makes no sense that the longstanding practice of lending money, building house and repaying loans would have 'suddenly' converted to a gifting scenario IMO. Why do this and especially at a time when the cat was out of the bag that the marriage was failing and JD no doubt had possiblity spoken to her mother and father about the breakdown and her plans to leave? It seems that if the FIL knew that the marriage was doomed and had his doubts about his SIL that instead of gifting the money he would have been tightening the repayment schedule. But perhaps his illness precluded this action IDK but the entire 'gift' concept seems to be a work of fiction created by KM and FD to push off the inevitable repayment of loans and possibly even take advantage of FIL during a time of illness, which if true is positively diabolically evil IMO.

IMO this all is just stonewalling/delay by FD to do whatever he is planning to do or delay the fact that there is no money in FORE etc. Meanwhile he is just issuing a legal dare to GF to call anyone and everyone that has ever worked for FORE IMO. GF has a solid team so will no doubt take a hard look at the main possible suspects and institute legal action accordingly. IMO MT and FD sister have most to fear in this regard given both have intimate ties to FORE/FD.

So, we have MT on deck to be deposed and then FD. Seems likely that we might even see KM, FD sister, FD former employees and friends etc. This parade of depositions could be long and painful for all involved.

Wonder why FD would subject friends and family to this expense and personal stress? Why not simply settle and move on? We've already seen one trade creditor get a set aside for $26,250 and we know more trade creditors are lining up. Its all a mess but time is of the essence IMO as my guess is that there might not be much there for anyone at this point.

MOO MOO
To answer your question “why.... at the start of the last paragraph” because they have a personality disorder and are narcissist and probably sociopaths too. It’s a “scorched earth policy”. MOO MOO

After Jennifer Dulos vanished in May, thousands took to a social media page to share news about the high-profile case. But the group shifted in tone after individuals either hacked the page or were accidentally granted access by a group creator
Jennifer Dulos Facebook group shut down after ‘nasty people’ hijacked page
Wow! Hijacking on FB?!? Wonder if it was the work of FD PR team as the page turned absolutely pro FD. Sounds like the Wild Wild West on crack! But I'm glad FB took the page down as the comments were vile!

MOO

Last edited:
One of the most striking things we probably should all remember...Attorney NP has never claimed his client is innocence of the charges....He says the client has an alibi; he says the client will tell his tale to the jury; he says the client is being maligned; and he says the state can't prove its case. Any claims of complete innocence are not heard...Just saying...

Indeed! Pattis has also claimed that there is a reasonable explanation for the Albany Ave. jaunt. He didn’t claim the explanation would be truthful.

And IMO, he and his client have basically admitted it is not truthful (and probably not even cooked up yet) by not encouraging his client to help LE find Jennifer by telling all he knows about the disposed items.

Instead, they send up smoke signals to Michelle, with love bombs and requests that the judge allow contact.

MOO MOO

Funny you mention No Case Norm saying that FD has an alibi. He certainly has woven a tangled web on the topic as far as I can tell....so far he has at least 3 strikes but I'm still counting!

Looks like Pattis has recently totally backed up the bus and is in 'duck and cover mode at Pattis headquarters' on the entire issue of alibi IMO post KM wife statements in court and to the press. Could KM have been the local atty that makes 'house calls' in the am and was with FD on the am of 24th? Or perhaps could KM have been with FD in NC on the am of the 24th? Not sure if KM will be a witness for the defence or prosecution? Curious state of affairs to say the least! Sad that they might have to get him out of prison for his testimony as showing up in an orange jumpsuit won't present the best image to the jury I would think.....oh well, I'm sure Pattis will think of some way around this less than optimal prison couture for KM trip to court to testify on behalf of his good buddy FD!

When Pattis first came on board he made a qualifying statement around the alibi, I think along the lines that 'sustantially all of the time on the 24th' could be accounted for by FD. This sounded promising, until it fell apart! Strike 1!

Then Pattis made the statement that FD was in Farmington, CT all am and we were treated to true Pattis twisted logic on the timing of making it RT from Farmington to NC, commiting a 'violent act' and cleaning up etc. This sounded promising too until it because clear that an accomplice and advance planning made it totally possible to commit the crime in the am and return to Farmington later in the morning. We've learned that FD is a brilliant planner but is prone to some catastrophic errors (see Albany Avenue trip description in Arrest Warrant). Strike 2!

In the middle of all this craziness, Pattis made the statement about bringing a motion to drop the charges against MT as SHE HAD THE ALIBI FOR FD. This feeble claim died when Atty Bowman wouldn't speak with Pattis and the no contact order was approved by Judge White. Oops, quite the hard ball spinner. Strike 3!

Since these statements were made weeks ago, its been crickets and radio silence from No Case Norm on the topic of alibi and FD whereabouts on the 23rd/24th. We've gone from Pattis & Crew being ready for an August trial to a sheepish Pattis asking the Judge last week for extra weekend days to respond because, "...you know how it is Judge!".

I wonder if as much as he complains about the 26 CDs he has rec'd from the State whether the information contained blew holes in all the prior claims that he had made about alibi and whether his high priced PI has made zero progress?

I don't think there is any mystery to the latest 'hail mary pass' to exclude the FD iPhoneX as Pattis and FD know they have nothing. No atty alibi, no mysterious greek phone call person and no way of proving that FD was in fact in Farmington on the 24th.

Can't count Pattis & Crew out by any stretch but they appear to be floundering IMO and nowhere on the alibi/aka Pattis alternative theory.

Wonder what Pattis is going to come up with for his reinvention of baseball with STRIKE 4 on the topic of alibi for FD!

MOO

Randomly came across this other way of accessing the FivemakesSeven blog, while trying to figure out exactly when, where and how Doofus's dad died. I wonder if once his mom became a widow, sis passed along the "upkeep." No answers on my original question, but I do know many sleuthers have expressed interest in perusing JD's writings.

And five makes seven...
In one of her blog entries she talks about seeing a bloody gory movie with lots of “bloodletting”. She mentions of having to keep leaving the room to breathe while FD was in his own version of heaven. No words.

I don't think innocent people that got life or those sitting on death row, those already killed, victims waiting for the backlog of rape kits to be tested... and so on, are thanking any God that they are dealing with what they are dealing with. To say the USA system is the finest in the world is a stretch IMO. Actually, by some standards it's awful (looking at people serving 10, 20+ years , to life, for minor offences - Over 3,000 US prisoners serving life without parole for non-violent crimes).

But it's a good system for someone like FD... he probably would've been out already in Europe.
This post reminds me of a movie I saw decades ago called THE STAR CHAMBER I believe. It was so good! It was a bunch of judges who met and when someone got off on a technicality or something that they knew was guilty they had him “taken care of”. So good!

Love when NP talks about his client being maligned in the press, not being able to speak out, yet in arguing before the court this last time he opined about not worrying about picking a jury. In his experience he stated that he was shocked to find out that people had not a clue about what he had been focused on for months. People were so bogged down with their own problems they weren't paying attention.
MOO.

In one of her blog entries she talks about seeing a bloody gory movie with lots of “bloodletting”. She mentions of having to keep leaving the room to breathe while FD was in his own version of heaven. No words.
Yes, totally gratuitous violence.

Horrific.

So telling that FD was according to JD mesmerized by the movie!
MOO

Love when NP talks about his client being maligned in the press, not being able to speak out, yet in arguing before the court this last time he opined about not worrying about picking a jury. In his experience he stated that he was shocked to find out that people had not a clue about what he had been focused on for months. People were so bogged down with their own problems they weren't paying attention.
MOO.
My guess is that No Case Norm is repeating this statement to himself every night after he says his prayers and just to be safe is also sending a message to god in his prayers that the statement be true!

IMO, statement so not true!

People are watching and listening and may come and go on the case but a devoted mother of 5 being murdered in safe New Canaan by her philandering gigolo STBX is an image that few IMO will forget even if we have to wait 2 years for trial!

MOO

My guess is that No Case Norm is repeating this statement to himself every night after he says his prayers and just to be safe is also sending a message to god in his prayers that the statement be true!

IMO, statement so not true!

People are watching and listening and may come and go on the case but a devoted mother of 5 being murdered in safe New Canaan by her philandering gigolo STBX is an image that few IMO will forget even if we have to wait 2 years for trial!

MOO
Two years it will probably be! I swore I would never get sucked into another case, yet here I am. MOO.

And the worst part about being sucked in is all the down time. IMO, we are in the midst of one now.
Once they are arrested (which I believe will happen) there will be even longer down times.
I mean seriously this turns into a huge commitment.:D

Yes...thank you to whomever put on this link! I’ve been trying to get them to no avail. I read every entry the other night. I can’t help but feel much sadness knowing after the fact . I just wanted to reach out and say “ get away.”

She seemed so alone. I know her family is supportive but when she says she still needs a friend it’s heartbreaking.

IMO, GF is well within her authority as custodian of the children to refuse FD's family any access, given the trauma these children have been through. If FD's family thinks they have a legal right to see the children (IMO they have no such right), it is their burden to file a motion and explain 1.why they even have a legally recognized right to visit at all, and 2. if so, whether it is presently is in the children's best interests to be forced to visit with FD's family. Since FD is the prime suspect in their mother's murder, it seems certain these children are suffering great emotional pain, and that such contact would not be in their best interests.

There is no way a judge is going to allow FD to impose even more pain on the children by forcing them to "visit with" his family. No judge anywhere would let THAT happen without at least the evaluation and accompanying recommendation of an expert experienced in the area of family reunification, after the filing of a motion AND an extensive evidentiary hearing on the issue.

FD and his mouthpiece are in for a rude awakening if they think that FD's family will be given access to those children merely because NP throws yet another public temper tantrum! GF is solidly within her rights to refuse to subject her grandchildren to any more emotional abuse and IMO Judge Heller will agree with GF's decision.

I can't see FD's family suing for access to the children as all the past attorney fees relating to the children have been covered by money belonging to Jennifer and her family. That train has left the station!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602