Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Humphrey concluded that Dulos displayed none of the 11 factors doctors look for when diagnosing if someone is a psychopath, including whether they are paranoid, antisocial, depressed or schizophrenic.
Rochlin said not only did Dulos not display any of those characteristics but also he presented as a “gregarious and confident person.

The psychiatrist who examined Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, concluded he is ‘confident and gregarious’

“Narcissism is pervasive in its normal and pathological variants. While some presentations are quickly apparent in treatment, as in the oblivious subtype, others may take longer to manifest in the clinical relationship. A person with the high functioning variant, who presents with energy, gregariousness and self‐importance, may be initially charming to the psychiatrist and hence it takes longer to detect clinically significant narcissism. Only over time does the lack of relatedness and low self‐esteem become clear.”
The many faces of narcissism
Gabbard, G. O., & Crisp-Han, H. (2016). The many faces of narcissism. World psychiatry : official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), 15(2), 115–116. doi:10.1002/wps.20323
For me, that article is spot on. I am willing to bet a lifetime supply of skinny jeans and short man boots that FD presented his best caring father facade to the psychiatrist.

My personal experience with briefly dating a narcissist was very similar. Our first date was like a fairy tale. He was kind, affectionate and funny; it was instant infatuation. He was full of swagger and charm but it wasn’t long before he regularly cancelled dates at the last minute and then blamed it on me. Narcissists are psychological con artists. They can easily present what others want to see in order to get what they want.

Shame on the HC for printing such a slanted article.

MOO

Last edited:
I realize I will probably regret asking this question but does anyone understand why FD Atty. might think it would be a good idea to put out to the media that a psychologist has stated that his client is "not a psychopath"?

I guess to some people getting this news from a psychologist might be good news (perhaps FD was pleased) but what could Pattisville be thinking about with this entire article?

Originally I thought there was some context someplace in the article for the statement about not being a psychopath but there isn't anything other than the amt of time FD met with the good doctor.

Sorry but I'm confused by all of this and trying to understand how it is remotely relevant.

MOO
It is like a Freudian slip, maybe? A lawyer nor a salesperson, for example, should ever bring up a negative like that. If the question has not been asked, you don't address it because it is like planting the seed of a negative idea where that idea has not even been thought of yet. Maybe the other mental health professional found something different. One of the reviews of this Dr. states he likes to make findings contrary to those of other professionals.

Yes, but do you thing the 'gregarious' reference is that this particular narc simply likes a crowd/ship of fools of people fawning over him and telling him how wonderful, brilliant and fantastic he is? MOO
Spot on. Their friends can be described more accurately as "followers". People like FD love being the center of attention, they are larger than life and people like being associated with such a person. Even when deep inside they sort of know what this person is about, often they really don't care. A sociopath generally wants to be surrounded by "useful idiots". IMO.

The psychiatrist who examined Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, concluded he is ‘confident and gregarious’
The two-page motion filed by Dulos’ attorney Rich Rochlin provides few details of those evaluations but Rochlin said they would be willing to allow Farber Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, and her attorneys, access to the reports, including a sealed report by Dr. Steven Herman, as long as they agreed to turn over records from Farber’s various mental health treatment providers.
Rochlin said Tuesday that in the past two years, Dulos met 20 times with Dr. Steven Humphrey, a court-appointed psychologist, and then 14 times with Dr. Herman, a court-appointed physician tasked with recommending a child custody arrangement to the court. The court has sealed that report although attorneys have indicated in court it is favorable to Dulos.

Humphrey concluded that Dulos displayed none of the 11 factors doctors look for when diagnosing if someone is a psychopath, including whether they are paranoid, antisocial, depressed or schizophrenic.

Rochlin said not only did Dulos not display any of those characteristics but also he presented as a "gregarious and confident person."
Ok, WS Team! I seem to recall (but please bear with me!) that one of the doctors for FD was possibly in family court testifying as an expert on a certain report and he left the stand during questioning by attorneys for Team Farber - Dulos. Anyone else remember and is it possible it could be (if true) one of these two? @afitzy - hoping you may recall something like this?

It is like a Freudian slip, maybe? A lawyer nor a salesperson, for example, should ever bring up a negative like that. If the question has not been asked, you don't address it because it is like planting the seed of a negative idea where that idea has not even been thought of yet. Maybe the other mental health professional found something different. One of the reviews of this Dr. states he likes to make findings contrary to those of other professionals.
Oh, so you mean that maybe the other court psychologist claimed that FD was in fact a 'psychopath' so Dr. Humphrey saying the opposite was 'good news' for Pattisville and FD?

Got it.

Wow, this battle is being played out on a landscape that I'm simply not getting.

MOO

We've all said that JD friends and GF reporting when they did and JD having a check in process made this entire investigation possible! BBM
Just like Chris Watts...when he had to drive back to his house; before he was able to return and "clean it up" and make it look like Shanann "ran away" with the kids...it is the look of holy #$@! I'm screwed!!! And I LOVE IT!!! JMO
Agreed! FD was stunned when LE acted so quickly and messed up his well laid plans.

The two-page motion filed by Dulos’ attorney Rich Rochlin provides few details of those evaluations but Rochlin said they would be willing to allow Farber Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, and her attorneys, access to the reports, including a sealed report by Dr. Steven Herman, as long as they agreed to turn over records from Farber’s various mental health treatment providers.
Rochlin said Tuesday that in the past two years, Dulos met 20 times with Dr. Steven Humphrey, a court-appointed psychologist, and then 14 times with Dr. Herman, a court-appointed physician tasked with recommending a child custody arrangement to the court. The court has sealed that report although attorneys have indicated in court it is favorable to Dulos.

Rochlin said not only did Dulos not display any of those characteristics but also he presented as a "gregarious and confident person."

FD's photo in this article is large and powerful. It hits you in the face. Did he recently sit for this portrait? Interesting choice of adjectives. I agree that FD is "confident and gregarious". IMO - his actions have displayed a grandiose display of self-confidence. The use of the word "gregarious" is best. I would laugh, but this is not funny.

So now his legal team is declaring that he is not a psychopath? I've read Dr. Herman's reviews. There are medical professionals who receive fees for testifying. I believe the good Dr. Herman is one of those doctors. IMO - these diversion tactics will not work.

The motive for murder is money. Pure and simple. To date, FD has not submitted any financial records. FD and his legal team are avoiding the truth and continue with diversions and psychological badgering (FD's MO). Stay strong, GF. MOO!! Sorry I pop in and out with comments - my life is hectic. You all do an amazing job here!! MOO.

"A true psychopath is someone that has a blend of emotional, interpersonal, lifestyle and behavioral deficits but an uncanny ability to mask them. They come across as very charming, very gregarious. But underneath there's a profound lack of remorse, callousness and a lack of empathy;' said forensic and clinical psychologist Michael Woodworth, who has worked with psychopathic murderers in high security prisons...”

https://sml.stanford.edu/ml/2017/03/theguardian-psychopaths.pdf

ETA: This is redundant info as someone has already linked info but I’ll leave it.

Last edited:
Ok, WS Team! I seem to recall (but please bear with me!) that one of the doctors for FD was possibly in family court testifying as an expert on a certain report and he left the stand during questioning by attorneys for Team Farber - Dulos. Anyone else remember and is it possible it could be (if true) one of these two? @afitzy - hoping you may recall something like this?
Yes, I believe you are correct that the person that wrote the draft report 'left the stand' and departed the courtroom. The report was in draft form and its believed that due to the draft status and incomplete testimony of the good doctor involved that the report could not be used as evidence. Further, it is believed that Judge Heller had read the report but was unable to reference it in her recent order that awarded temporary custody to GF.

This entire report being excluded from evidence seems to have been an unfortunate turn of events for FD/Team Pattis as they are claiming there is something in the report that is 'favorable' to their client. They are repeating this word 'favorable' endlessly to every reporter that will listen to them. Its curious the only news outlet that has repeated the heresay account of the report being 'favorable' is the Hartford Courant (they have reported about this exact situation twice).

This same draft report was mysteriously (or not) in the possession of FD and somehow made it into the hands of No Case Norm who then proceeeded to leak said report or part of it, to the press in order to fend off a 'hit report' on his client FD. It is believed that FD former atty had gotten the report from GAL Meehan. Both sides (Plaintiff and Defense) have motions in (not yet heard) to terminate the services of GAL for his role in the leaking of this psych report.

Judge Heller then asked that all reports in the hands of attys be returned to the court and she sealed the report. But the genie was out of the bottle and Rochlin and Pattis continued to talk about the report and reporters continue to report on the comments of Rochlin and Pattis IMO without having read the report itself. GF Atty has not yet complained to the court about the ongoing references to the sealed report or requested a gag order for the Family Court case.

Also as part of this situation No Case Norm was allowed to exit stage left from Family Court and resign rather than face termination as JD and GF atty's had written motions for to the court. Pattis exited and Rochlin took over with the Pattis agenda.

Last edited:
Here is what I think happened:

Dr Humphrey: So, what brings you here to the office tonight?

FD: Well, people think I'm a monster and I find that very upsetting. And, I'm involved in a divorce and Family Court said I had to come here and meet with you.

Dr. Humphrey: Well, lets have you answer a few basic questions. All you have to do is circle the answer and you have a choice of a, b, c, d, e. Its quick, easy and painless and you will be out of here in no time and then I just have to file a report with the court.

FD: OK. This won't take too long will it? MT is waiting for me at the bar for drinks and dinner and I don't want to be late.

Dr. Humphrey: No, not at all. Will take 10 mins tops and just be as HONEST as you can with your answers.

FD: Ok. I will try to be HONEST.

15 min. later. (note: took extra time when he wasn't supposed to....rules are for peasants!).

FD: Ok Dr. here is my finished survey. How did I do? Am I in the top 1%? Or, just the top 5%?

Dr. Humphrey: Fotis I have wonderful news for you.

FD: Great, what is it?

Dr. Humphrey: Fotis I am pleased to report that according to the report that you are NOT A PSYCHOPATH!

FD: That is superb news Dr., may I go now so I'm not late getting to drinks and dinner with Michelle?

Dr. Humphrey: Sure. Great work tonight Fotis. I look forward to a long and profitable relationship with you.

FD: Sure, whatever. Bye. Be sure to put in your report to the court that I'm in the top 1% please. Also, please be sure to send the bill for this session and all future sessions to Mrs. Gloria Farber in NYC. She takes care of all of my personal expenses.

Dr. Humphrey: Have a good week Fotis and next week we can chat further about your borderline personality disorder with extreme delusional behavior and rage issues. Please stay away from guns and knives as they aren't your friends given the issues you have.

FD: Good. Sure thing Dr. See you next week.

MOO
This made my night, afitzy! Take more of those drugs and keep writing! I do hope you're getting better.

Last edited:
Goes to show you how accurate Dr. Dollars' assessments proved to be. This is self-serving junk.

I realize I will probably regret asking this question but does anyone understand why FD Atty. might think it would be a good idea to put out to the media that a psychologist has stated that his client is "not a psychopath"?

I guess to some people getting this news from a psychologist might be good news (perhaps FD was pleased) but what could Pattisville be thinking about with this entire article?

Originally I thought there was some context someplace in the article for the statement about not being a psychopath but there isn't anything other than the amt of time FD met with the good doctor.

Sorry but I'm confused by all of this and trying to understand how it is remotely relevant.

MOO

We all work so hard at finding a point to the Pattis Patter. Not happenin'.

Maybe he'll run off at the mouth some more and say, "My client does not have a poison ivy-covered hole holding body parts in his backyard. I know a doctor/yardman who will swear to it!"

(You're going to have to stick with the Greek sister if you want relevance, afitzy.)

Yes, I believe you are correct that the person that wrote the draft report 'left the stand' and departed the courtroom. The report was in draft form and its believed that due to the draft status and incomplete testimony of the good doctor involved that the report could not be used as evidence. Further, it is believed that Judge Heller had read the report but was unable to reference it in her recent order that awarded temporary custody to GF.

This same draft report was mysteriously (or not) in the possession of FD and somehow made it into the hands of No Case Norm who then proceeeded to leak said report or part of it, to the press in order to fend off a 'hit report' on his client FD. It is believed that FD former atty had gotten the report from GAL Meehan. Both sides (Plaintiff and Defense) have motions in (not yet heard) to terminate the services of GAL for his role in the leaking of this psych report.

Judge Heller then asked that all reports in the hands of attys be returned to the court and she sealed the report. But the genie was out of the bottle and Rochlin and Pattis continued to talk about the report and reporters continue to report on the comments of Rochlin and Pattis IMO without having read the report itself.

Also as part of this situation No Case Norm was allowed to exit stage left from Family Court and resign rather than face termination as JD and GF atty's had written motions for to the court. Pattis exited and Rochlin took over with the Pattis agenda.

If this is the same "court-appointed expert" and he is now a paid gunslinger for the C Team, he has has a conflict of interest in a major, major way. Is that the case?

Here is what I think happened:

Dr Humphrey: So, what brings you here to the office tonight?

FD: Well, people think I'm a monster and I find that very upsetting. And, I'm involved in a divorce and Family Court said I had to come here and meet with you.

Dr. Humphrey: Well, lets have you answer a few basic questions. All you have to do is circle the answer and you have a choice of a, b, c, d, e. Its quick, easy and painless and you will be out of here in no time and then I just have to file a report with the court.

FD: OK. This won't take too long will it? MT is waiting for me at the bar for drinks and dinner and I don't want to be late.

Dr. Humphrey: No, not at all. Will take 10 mins tops and just be as HONEST as you can with your answers.

FD: Ok. I will try to be HONEST.

15 min. later. (note: took extra time when he wasn't supposed to....rules are for peasants!).

FD: Ok Dr. here is my finished survey. How did I do? Am I in the top 1%? Or, just the top 5%?

Dr. Humphrey: Fotis I have wonderful news for you.

FD: Great, what is it?

Dr. Humphrey: Fotis I am pleased to report that according to the report that you are NOT A PSYCHOPATH!

FD: That is superb news Dr., may I go now so I'm not late getting to drinks and dinner with Michelle?

Dr. Humphrey: Sure. Great work tonight Fotis. I look forward to a long and profitable relationship with you.

FD: Sure, whatever. Bye. Be sure to put in your report to the court that I'm in the top 1% please. Also, please be sure to send the bill for this session and all future sessions to Mrs. Gloria Farber in NYC. She takes care of all of my personal expenses.

Dr. Humphrey: Have a good week Fotis and next week we can chat further about your borderline personality disorder with extreme delusional behavior and rage issues. Please stay away from guns and knives as they aren't your friends given the issues you have.

FD: Good. Sure thing Dr. See you next week.

MOO

I am laughing with tears - hilarious!

We all work so hard at finding a point to the Pattis Patter. Not happenin'.

Maybe he'll run off at the mouth some more and say, "My client does not have a hole holding body parts in his backyard covered by poison ivy. I know a doctor who will swear to it!"

(You're going to have to stick with the Greek sister if you want relevance, afitzy.)
There is actually a term called "sociopathic tell". It's when they unconsciously let the truth out without being prompted. Usually though it is told to you in a way that is 180 degrees opposite of what they REALLY mean or intend to do to you.

Goes to show you just how wrong the so-called "experts" can be. Let me pose one question to the good doctors. Would either of them feel comfortable allowing Mr. Dulos to marry one of their daughters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum