Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe FD fantasized JD’s demise for quite a while. Perhaps he finally decided to go through with it after his Wednesday visit to Welles. He had many of the details already planned out. JMO and MOO
I have thought this for awhile - I think his plan began to form when she left him - how dare she do this ? She is not allowed etc- but my question has been “when did he confide in MT?” And quite possibly the other lawyer who he tried to play marriage counselor with his wife - all speculation of course but I believe someone else knows JMO

Wonderful, my friend! Just checking....

Then we have this to look forward to in the trial for a brief respite from endless forensic analysis experts as it will no doubt be torturous to listen to!

My guess is that if we looked at the DA
With you on all of the above in OP!

Just finished reading this document about FD and his finances via some testimony (or not) made in Family Court before Judge Heller. Kudos to Judge Heller for not becoming a full time resident in "Silver Hill" after listening to this testimony for any length of time as it was painfully obvious FD didn't want to share any information with the court or JD.

I think I see now where Atty Weinstein is going now in the civil case and IMO it makes alot of sense. I just hope the State Authorities and Peoples Bank are looking at the financial information provided by FD/FORE (or not) as it looks like there could be some 'issues' that require some additional due diligence and certainly inquiry IMO. Reading between the lines here I wonder if this is the period around when Loan Officer Sue Morin was called to court and she invoked her 5th amendment right to self incrimination. IMO this would make sense as reading what FD was supposedly providing the bank looked insufficient for a loan of $50 let alone potentially millions!

The brief glimpse into FD and his then Atty (Pytranker) https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/06905-ct-yakov-pyetranker-1895918.html in action with Judge Heller in Family Court.

IMO the testimony from FD was painful in that it was quite clear that he didn't want to explain much of anything. But what was stunning to me was that it appeared he took pieces of paper to his attorney and the attorney compiled the financial information on behalf of his client. What atty would take this risk? Yikes. Most would say have your accountant get this to me ASAP. But not this atty so he looks like he was 'in' on the 'game'.

My take aways followed @nina318 above but include:

-FD seemed to have an active relationship with Farmington Bank/now Peoples Bank
-FD would prepare financial updates for the bank to support his borrowing requests
-So far as I can see there was NO CPA as part of any of these discussions and I'm shocked that the Bank didn't require statements prepared by a CPA and current tax returns.
-FD income stated in court was many 1,000's short of his expenses and so it looks like he was engaged in an exercise of simply moving money around from one place to another place to cover his needs, including the use of credit cards. IMO this is a huge red flag.
-Interview portions listed I believe were from 2018 so this had been going on for awhile IMO.
-Wonder if MT knew where the money was/wasn't coming from.
-FD hadn't been able to fully pay the IRS so seemed like he was on some kind of repayment plan
-Did the Bank know about the situation with the IRS?
-Does the State of CT know about the situation with the IRS?
-Quickbooks records again were mentioned as being requested but not supplied by FD/FORE.

I'm surprised that Judge Heller didn't jump on this situation given her history in corporate litigation. Shocked actually. The idea that this hadn't been resolved in the divorce is stunning given that it had been in process for over 2 years.

Does anyone know the penalty for filing false statements in a divorce action? Forget the divorce action penalties, what are the criminal penalites for wire/bank fraud?

Will read these documents again later but on the surface this looks hugely damning IMO to FD.

Why was Judge Heller unable to enforce compliance and compel a forensic accounting?

JD Atty is a known master of the game of "HARDBALL" and I am frankly shocked that he wasn't able to make any headway with what appeared to be a complete charade by FD/FORE.

Lots to digest here IMO. None of this is unsurprising but I am more than a bit shocked that this was allowed to go on for as long as it seemed to and still hasn't been resolved?

At what point does someone get put in jail for this level of non compliance?

The sad thing is that these issues are still playing out today in Civil Court where FD has not supplied Quickbook records that were due to that court in early 2018. Nothing has happened to punish FD in Civil Court either even though there is a pending Default Action by GF.

To me, it looks like the money from FORE and FIL is long gone. Wonder where the money went?

MOO

It really, truly is shocking that the courts let this go on for so long, without any penalty for not just FD, but all of his cohorts. It must be well known in Connecticut (and other places, I presume), that you can stall in producing documents and answering questions indefinitely; and eventually the person seeking these things will get tired of fighting and go away. FD did this to the woman who he rear ended on Rt 84, he did it to JD, and now he’s doing it to GF. He has continued to get away with it, and he has absolutely no intention of doing anything else. I don’t think David Markowitz really plans to produce the documents that GF is looking for, either. These people all have problems that will get them into trouble if they do-I don’t have a feel for how involved D Markowitz is, but he is dragging his feet and saying he needs more time to access the documents-may be true, but I don’t think so, because of his alliance with KM. In any event, he doesn’t want to pony up. I think courts seem to have a lot of trouble charging lawyers for their criminal activities, for some reason-they should be held to a much higher standard, not a lower one. And as for FD-he should have already been investigated, and charged and jailed for what he was doing. Maybe JD wouldn’t have died if the courts cared about what he was doing. I cannot believe Judge Heller listened to his BS non-answers, and let it continue-I just can’t. It’s no wonder that this crowd doesn’t take her seriously, and why Pattis was so disrespectful to Judge Blawie. They can do whatever they want, and they know it. At this point, I don’t think there is any possibility that they’ll get to the bottom of the financial mess that FD and crew created and got away with for so long.

With you on all of the above in OP!

Just finished reading this document about FD and his finances via some testimony (or not) made in Family Court before Judge Heller. Kudos to Judge Heller for not becoming a full time resident in "Silver Hill" after listening to this testimony for any length of time as it was painfully obvious FD didn't want to share any information with the court or JD.

I think I see now where Atty Weinstein is going now in the civil case and IMO it makes alot of sense. I just hope the State Authorities and Peoples Bank are looking at the financial information provided by FD/FORE (or not) as it looks like there could be some 'issues' that require some additional due diligence and certainly inquiry IMO. Reading between the lines here I wonder if this is the period around when Loan Officer Sue Morin was called to court and she invoked her 5th amendment right to self incrimination. IMO this would make sense as reading what FD was supposedly providing the bank looked insufficient for a loan of $50 let alone potentially millions!

The brief glimpse into FD and his then Atty (Pytranker) https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/06905-ct-yakov-pyetranker-1895918.html in action with Judge Heller in Family Court.

IMO the testimony from FD was painful in that it was quite clear that he didn't want to explain much of anything. But what was stunning to me was that it appeared he took pieces of paper to his attorney and the attorney compiled the financial information on behalf of his client. What atty would take this risk? Yikes. Most would say have your accountant get this to me ASAP. But not this atty so he looks like he was 'in' on the 'game'.

My take aways followed @nina318 above but include:

-FD seemed to have an active relationship with Farmington Bank/now Peoples Bank
-FD would prepare financial updates for the bank to support his borrowing requests
-So far as I can see there was NO CPA as part of any of these discussions and I'm shocked that the Bank didn't require statements prepared by a CPA and current tax returns.
-FD income stated in court was many 1,000's short of his expenses and so it looks like he was engaged in an exercise of simply moving money around from one place to another place to cover his needs, including the use of credit cards. IMO this is a huge red flag.
-Interview portions listed I believe were from 2018 so this had been going on for awhile IMO.
-Wonder if MT knew where the money was/wasn't coming from.
-FD hadn't been able to fully pay the IRS so seemed like he was on some kind of repayment plan
-Did the Bank know about the situation with the IRS?
-Does the State of CT know about the situation with the IRS?
-Quickbooks records again were mentioned as being requested but not supplied by FD/FORE.

I'm surprised that Judge Heller didn't jump on this situation given her history in corporate litigation. Shocked actually. The idea that this hadn't been resolved in the divorce is stunning given that it had been in process for over 2 years.

Does anyone know the penalty for filing false statements in a divorce action? Forget the divorce action penalties, what are the criminal penalites for wire/bank fraud?

Will read these documents again later but on the surface this looks hugely damning IMO to FD.

Why was Judge Heller unable to enforce compliance and compel a forensic accounting?

JD Atty is a known master of the game of "HARDBALL" and I am frankly shocked that he wasn't able to make any headway with what appeared to be a complete charade by FD/FORE.

Lots to digest here IMO. None of this is unsurprising but I am more than a bit shocked that this was allowed to go on for as long as it seemed to and still hasn't been resolved?

At what point does someone get put in jail for this level of non compliance?

The sad thing is that these issues are still playing out today in Civil Court where FD has not supplied Quickbook records that were due to that court in early 2018. Nothing has happened to punish FD in Civil Court either even though there is a pending Default Action by GF.

To me, it looks like the money from FORE and FIL is long gone. Wonder where the money went?

MOO
I agree - LOTS to digest! It's complicated. BBM - exactly how I saw it too. FD repeatedly stated that YP "typed" the financial affidavit. He avoided answering that question directly. As you point out, the others may have been involved in his fancy financial dealings.

As many here at WS believe, I think money is overseas somewhere and the "RE" part of FORE may have been a facilitator. For someone who claims he is not "hiding anything", this transcript alone indicates that he is, indeed, hiding something.

MOO!

I really don't want to make a strong statement about MT. 1. Because I know the vitriol that comes forth 2. Because I don't really have a handle on her. I have said before I don't think she is a good person but I don't know enough to be sure about anything. I know she went along with the affair with a married man with 5 children and is caught up in this murder. Terrible.
I feel I know FD through and through. MT, not so much.

@1&2&3 said:
FD had led and guided her for what two years? And now, all of a sudden, he was separated from her? She is wondering how or why she is accused in the two arrests?
However, the main problem with MT is the withdrawal from the trance she has been in over her love connection with FD. Getting out of a relationship with a psychopath narcissistic is horrible by itself. You don’t know who you are! But facing charges relating to a missing person must add enormous tolls already to a low bewildered MT. I am not on her side. Just trying to point out what she may be going through. Yes, I imagine she is medicated. She is going thru an extremely difficult time.she probably doesn’t know which end is up.

She is right about the above. You really don't know who you are. You don't even know how that happened. Know what I used to jokingly tell people? "I used to be a strong, independent woman. Now I just say and do whatever X tells me". I did not realize until later how prophetic and true that was. And I was never bullied in any way.
I also think co-dependency is a way over-used term and is just a catch all now for whatever ails a person. From the article you referenced:

1. Does your sense of purpose involve making extreme sacrifices to satisfy your partner's needs?
  2. Is it difficult to say no when your partner makes demands on your time and energy?
  3. Do you cover your partner’s problems with drugs, alcohol, or the law?
  4. Do you constantly worry about others’ opinions of you?
  5. Do you feel trapped in your relationship?
  6. Do you keep quiet to avoid arguments?
None of this applied to me in any way. MY nightmare started after the split when the mask came off. I was truly the happiest I had ever been in my entire life. I trusted the sociopath with my life and my heart. And I had no idea what the scheme was or all the things I didn't know. You ARE like a zombie after this. I am 4 years out and I will NEVER be the same. People think you are a fool for allowing it, they don't believe you or think you deserved it. And most people think they are too smart for it to happen to them so they are just dealing with an idiot. YOU.

MT was undoubtedly told many, many lies about Jennifer and the divorce. There was an MT type in my life too. I do not have sympathy for the predicament these women are in but I know how it happens. If FD came home to 4JC and told MT that there has been a terrible accident/self defense, she would have believed him. No question. IME.
Thank you for sharing this information about your experiences.

Perhaps this 'zombie like' state of MT might be explained by the nature of her relationship with FD and why she lied and tried to protect him and stay true to the 'alibi scripts' until 8/13/19?

Once the ties to the relationship were severed after the arrests, MT was effectively 'lost' and 'unable to function'.

IDK. All I can say is maybe/perhaps on MT. I see alot of independent choices made by MT in her relationship with FD. Sure its possible the 'cycle of violence of DV' reared its ugly head and so MT was lulled into a very unhealthy relationship over time. Its impossible to say due to the lack of information.

Everyone responds to situations differently and we saw JD able to pick up move with 5 children to escape the tyranny of FD only after being told a 1+ year affair with MT and even then she stayed a few months after learning the news. JD was clearly a very different person from MT and from her blogs we see she was very introspective and always questioning what was going on her life and in her relationship and she no doubt sought professional help to address these issues.

Whatever the relationship issues between FD and MT, I cannot accept them as a possible excuse for what we seem to have seen with MT in the form of her current charges and how she so consistently stayed to the 'alibi scripts' to protect FD. I cannot believe I would feel much differently if additional murder charges are brought in this case against FD and MT.

MOO

Who gets a loan from the IRS...??? He is off his rocker! moo

I have no idea, so I looked it up. One definition is below. But, FD was paying off credit cards with an IRS loan (along with a 401(K) loan), not an IRS debt. His finances are fishy!

"If you need some time to pay off your IRS debt, a short-term personal loan is one solution. You borrow money from a private lender and use that money to pay off your tax debt. You will owe interest on the loan but the interest rate will likely be lower than the IRS interest rate plus the penalty."

Anybody else ever wonder if Dufos ever realizes how stupid he is and feels embarrassed about it. I mean he pretty much set himself up by leaving such an easy trail right to himself. I wonder too, if he and MT actually expected to get by with murder and a crazy cover up. Did he tell her, I've got this all planned out and we'll never get caught? And she believed him??? (snickering behind my hand : )
I wonder most about bringing the cell phones to Albany. When, if ever, did they realize, whoops! Shouldn't have done THAT!

If he ran up there from the Park - would the same camera that caught the SUV leaving that morning have caught him running? I don't know the angles or positions - maybe we can ask @Websleuth 007 to take a jog up there sometime ? I have been thinking he had a spotter or moved that truck to the back of the garage - I just wish we knew if it sat there the entire time - 8:05am to 10:25 - I know we have the bus cameras... JMO
The Gray Hughes cast on the AW timeline shows where all the various cameras were along the route.

For Welles, the camera appeared to be the house that was directly across but slightly at an angle from JD on Welles. This isn't to say there isn't more CCTV but this is the one used in the AW.

We don't know from LE yet about the status of cameras at JD Welles house.

MOO

I have no idea, so I looked it up. One definition is below. But, FD was paying off credit cards with an IRS loan (along with a 401(K) loan), not an IRS debt. His finances are fishy!

"If you need some time to pay off your IRS debt, a short-term personal loan is one solution. You borrow money from a private lender and use that money to pay off your tax debt. You will owe interest on the loan but the interest rate will likely be lower than the IRS interest rate plus the penalty."
JMO but I think what the IRS did was put him on a repayment plan as he was unable to pay the full amt due. He called it a loan but it wasn't really that. But rather it was the ability to pay over time what he owed.

I wonder most about bringing the cell phones to Albany. When, if ever, did they realize, whoops! Shouldn't have done THAT!

Just imagine if they didn’t.

Law enforcement was able to discover that trip as a result of their cell phones, and still was only able to gather some of the evidence (stunningly incriminating as it is).

Had they not made this error, it’s probable that NONE of that evidence would have been recovered.

This case may have languished for years.

Happy to help . He would be ( dare I use the word " captured" on video??) ONLY if he approached the house from the front side of the house and ran by the same camera that caught the Suburban leaving 69 Welles Lane at 10:25 am. Unless there are more surveillance cameras around the neighboring houses that LE has yet to share with us ( certainly a possibility) that they are keeping to themselves right now. I don't think they are showing all their cards....YET !!! Wouldn't it be interesting if LE has video of Toyota pick up or another vehicle dropping him off in that location? I think entering from the street side would be very brazen, given JF's 7:50 - 8:00 am departure out her driveway with all the kids in the car for dropoff. JMO I've got to tell you just driving by 69 Welles Lane creeps me out. So much evil.
@Websleuth 007 do you have any sense how long the drop off line at NCCS might be in the am? I'm still playing around with the timeline for the 24th and I wondered if she had to do 2 drops (one for lower school and one for upper school) or if she just did one drop for both schools? I'm wondering if she could do the drive in 3-4 min but then have to wait in line for another 5-10 min? Hard to tell without watching the normal routine at NCCS. Any help would be appreciated! MOO

I can’t and I truly generally have a very deep sense of compassion to try to understand how and why people can do awful things—which is not at all the same as saying it’s ok. I’ve known codependents and worse and I’m not in that field but what I see is someone who knows where this road is headed and has checked out mentally waiting for what’s coming. She reminds me of someone in an old Western movie sitting on the porch rocking and waiting, just watching for the sheriff to come down the lane to bring her in for the last time or someone sitting there waiting for the storm or locusts or buffalo or whatever to come, for the inevitable, unstoppable conclusion. Just MOO.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I appreciate 100% you sharing that.

There are some parts of me that do feel a level of sympathy for MT and there is like 95% of me that does not. It’s how I am built I guess. But yes that imagery you do eloquently painted is the precise future in store for MT and if she doesn’t know it by now she will soon enough.

I guess I very much distinguish her from others in that she was educated and wealthy and actively sought this jet setting lifestyle. And I am sure when she met FD sparks flew like a bonfire. I’ve no doubt it was passionate and fiery and fun and forbidden. And I’ve no doubt about that.

But beyond that my sympathy is just kind of dried out for her I guess because the more I read (AW) and see (her body language in court appearances or smiling and laughing while trying to sell her wears in CT) I do understand that she and FD are very much alike. At least she struck first! She has the better attorney in Bowman and at least she was forced to face her lies after she couldn’t keep the script straight in multiple stories with LE.

Your insight is always appreciated!

He could live in one of his empty houses - but he would have to turn on the utilities - unless they are one which one would think if they are showing them for open house - they would have to be? Anyone have experience with timeline for CT foreclosure and eviction? It takes years where I am. IMO
He could. But aren't they unfurnished?

It's JMO but I keep thinking about the comment from the LE after the second AW where he stated there was a lot more evidence. If I remember correctly, he said this AW is based primarily on blood evidence but there are several types of evidence that we rely on. I think they have much more video evidence. I'm hoping there's some from Welles and 80 MS.

To me the pic Kimschekim posted looks like there is something in the back with a tarp over it but I would bet LE knows what and how many are in that truck. Or...wishful thinking.

I sort of disagree. The longer it went on the more angry he became. The WIN-NING mindset continued to build stronger. He got deeper and deeper in a financial hole the longer this went on. Less and less time with the kids and stupid sessions with mental health professionals. I have always said this went on way too long and possibly heightened the chances of murder. MOO.
I agree. Part of the issue might have been having multiple Judges in Family Court as well as multiple GALs and professionals.

But IMO Judge Heller had access to a well established file with clear patterns and given her work in corporate law would have seen though the financial situation quickly. Yet little seemed to change IMO.

I wonder still whether Judge Heller is in control of her courtroom and demands compliance and respect? Its hard to see that this is the case reading the most recent testimony records from Family Court. Clearly it was a very difficult contentious situation and the attys seemed unable to let each other even speak at times. But I also think Judges can intervene and establish guidelines and require compliance and I'm just not seeing that Judge Heller did this on the financial matters and I dont' understand why. Its also hard because we are just getting snippets of information and the big picture is no doubt much more complex.

FD himself said on Dateline that the Divorce was the only non positive in his life and that he wanted to move on I believe. He didn't act like he wanted to move on in Family Court and neither did JD IMO.

But perhaps the Judge could have nipped the non compliance in the bud and had a trial date set after a year and I think this would have helped dramatically. The issue I think might have been that due to the non compliance that trial wasn't possible as all the evidence wasn't present. The non compliance and inability to agree was just a vicious circle that fed on itself I think and drove anger and frustration.

But murder, IDK.

MOO

Thank you for sharing this information about your experiences.

Perhaps this 'zombie like' state of MT might be explained by the nature of her relationship with FD and why she lied and tried to protect him and stay true to the 'alibi scripts' until 8/13/19?

Once the ties to the relationship were severed after the arrests, MT was effectively 'lost' and 'unable to function'.

IDK. All I can say is maybe/perhaps on MT. I see alot of independent choices made by MT in her relationship with FD. Sure its possible the 'cycle of violence of DV' reared its ugly head and so MT was lulled into a very unhealthy relationship over time. Its impossible to say due to the lack of information.

Everyone responds to situations differently and we saw JD able to pick up move with 5 children to escape the tyranny of FD only after being told a 1+ year affair with MT and even then she stayed a few months after learning the news. JD was clearly a very different person from MT and from her blogs we see she was very introspective and always questioning what was going on her life and in her relationship and she no doubt sought professional help to address these issues.

Whatever the relationship issues between FD and MT, I cannot accept them as a possible excuse for what we seem to have seen with MT in the form of her current charges and how she so consistently stayed to the 'alibi scripts' to protect FD. I cannot believe I would feel much differently if additional murder charges are brought in this case against FD and MT.

MOO
In order to have a handle on MT, I would need to know what she knew, when she knew it and what FD actually told her. She was only living with FD for 2 years. She was probably being devalued in small ways by then but things still relatively good. Jennifer had been with FD for over 10 years before leaving. By then, things were REALLY bad. She had been completely devalued and was an object of pure contempt by the time she left. She had likely been mourning her marriage for years by the time she left. MT had NOT been mourning her relationship and if she did not know this murder was going to happen, she would have been blindsided and the whole world is shifting sand at that point. I agree that JD and MT are very different from one another. And I agree that MT needs to step up and tell what she knows. I never had much anger against the MT in MY life because my vows weren't with HER. If not her, it would have been someone else. So, my anger is mostly directed at FD until I find out what MT knew and when she knew it.

“I would say, without a doubt, it's our client's belief that Jennifer is dead. It certainly is my belief. It is certainly the belief of all of her friends and all the people who knew Jennifer and wish they could find a way to resolve this awful situation,” said Attorney Richard Weinstein, who represents the Farber family.

Gloria Farber is looking to foreclose on the home in Farmington where Jennifer’s estranged husband Fotis Dulos has been living.

EXCLUSIVE: Farber's attorney says family believes Jennifer Dulos is dead

It is a response to message #817. The poster noted a red pick up truck at Wavenly Park on Google Maps. I found this but came to realize that another poster wanted to know the day and time stamp for it which is available on Google Earth. I do not subscribe to Google Earth and could not supply the information he wanted.
Thanks! For a second I thought Gray Hughes had done another episode with his theories of the crime and that was why we saw a Red Pickup truck with bags sitting in Waveny!

Its odd though, what are the chances of seeing a Red Truck in Waveny with bags in the truck on Google Earth?

Thanks for explaining though as this was frankly eerie to see given all that we are talking about here on WS!
MOO

I still see posts saying they think EE was being framed. I don't think that was the intent at all. In AW2 it states that his location on the 24th was verified by phone pings and the Raptor internal system. Surely, FD would know that about the Raptor? Given this information, is there any reason to believe the framing scenario? AND given this information, no wonder FD didn't want to use the Raptor at all. Can this internal system be turned off? Was it turned off? LE will have the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces