Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This point is so interesting as I've always wondered why we saw FD/MT in the Raptor on Albany vs one of his other vehicles?

I think you nailed it and IMO the arrest warrant alluded to the point of FD wanting to keep the Red Truck over the weekend. He pushed hard to keep the EE truck and I wonder if as you seem to think that the FD plan was to use the Red Truck on Albany? I think he realized what you pointed out that the older model Red Truck wouldn't stand out on Albany. IMO as others have pointed out, taking the very expensive Raptor to Albany was a poor choice as it stood out in a way that the Red Truck might not have.

But, EE based on what we learned in AW2 was very insistent about getting the truck back. So, FD just had the choice of the Suburban, the Raptor, the Jeep and the Toyota that we haven't heard much about but I believe he still owns based on our last look at the tax records.

I am very curious also about how FD communicated with MT about the game of 'hide the keys' with EE? Did he text her or just gesture or whisper? It was clear to me from AW2 that MT was working in tandem with FD on the EE Truck and 80 MS cleanup. Wonder how involved she might have been with the disposal of JD body? I do think its interesting that FD brought MT to Albany in the first place as based on the AW1 it doesn't appear he asked her to do anything else than sit in the truck as we have no statement to say that she got out of the Raptor and assisted with the disposal of items along Albany.

MOO
I think MT knows where JD is too. There is no reasonable excuse for taking EEs car and tagging along for the Albany Ave run. If she was in that deep then why would FD care if she knew where the body was. I think she is holding out though on giving up location bc they don’t have evidence yet if her being in on the planning. If they had that, you can be sure she would be giving them the location to avoid murder 1 charges. MOO.

Great Analysis - here's my question: If it's scenario one, why are the blood stains in the Toyota? Don't the facts indicate that in order for there to be JD's blood in the Toyota, her remains had to have been in the Toyota? If that's the case, ' it make scenario on less likely, if not impossibe? JMO

up until now, I have imagined there being quarts of blood in the Toyota. Supposed there was only a bit- from tools or clothing he discarded or from the outside of some incompletely cleaned container? (Is the red Toyota's interior also red? ) If there was not that much, without forensic evidence, it could have been from a scraped up child, a dead deer, a few badly wrapped steaks, IMO. (sorry if this has been discussed before; I have not read about this case from the very beginning)

Last edited:
up until now, I have imagined there being quarts of blood in the Toyota. Supposed there was only a bit- from tools or clothing he discarded or from the outside of some incompletely cleaned container? (Is the red Toyota's interior also red? ) I wondered how the car detailers would not be asking Qs if there was a lot of blood in the car, but if it was not that much, it could have been from a scraped up child, a dead deer, a few badly wrapped steaks, IMO. (sorry if this has been discussed before; I have not read about this case from the very beginning)
IDK. Dried up blood doesn’t even look like blood. It’s kind of brown. Also, the seats may have been dark. And even after detailing the seats tested positive for JDs blood so there must have been substantial amounts IMO.

This, IMO, is a great theory, @sleuth66
"Maybe FD doesn’t want EE to be able to reach or find him since they were supposed to meet at 4JC and EE is surprised he is not there (“gone waterskiing” AW2). Maybe FD hopes EE will just go home in Raptor if he can’t reach FD."
How it must have burned FO when the

I Totally Agree. Great minds think alike. I made the same observation in the previous thread.

The plan was for FO to keep EE's red truck to use on the 'Albany Ave Road Trip' and to have it detailed along with changing the seats.

IMO, EE is Awesome for Demanding His truck.

Well Done EE.

I'm not giving up on the landfill. I was wavering the other day when they were at the reservoir, though.
But it doesn't make sense.
The Albany Ave. spree is key,IMO.
My only fear is that much of her may have been incinerated.
Having said that, would LE spend 3 weeks combing through the garbage if they found nothing?
Combing through from top to bottom and coming up empty?
Yet, if they found shards of her (gruesome, I know) wouldn't they have cuffed him?
Same goes for any traces of blood in the drains.
I am clinging to the idea that they are taking their time to prove premeditation.
And he is on a tight leash.
MOO.

Is my memory about the garbage place flawed?

Were we not told by MSM that the garbage from the pickup on Albany Avenue had been chopped by the time LE got there but that it had not yet been incinerated?

There is every reason to believe much DNA was found there and the huge amount could be taking a great deal of time to test.

I'm with you, citygirl, on the presumption that much of value was found and LE is waiting to make a solid case for premeditation.
MOO

I also believe they hope to have so much evidence that FD will plead out and let them avoid a long, expensive trial.

Can you imagine the insanity the international press would bring to that town?

Last edited:
I imagine most attorneys participate in the stalling of results to benefit their client. So, what makes FD attorney any different than NP. The game is the game, the attorney is the attorney, no better or worst than any other attorney.
IMO most lawyers want to move cases. Sure, serious criminal cases drag on, and delay can definitely be a tactic. It is not a strategy to win a case, however, and at some point it becomes clear that continuances are not being made in 'good faith'.

I am critical of FD's divorce lawyer because it seemed that he was assisting his client is presenting false evidence of Dulos' net worth to the judge. It is one thing to be dilatory. It is quite another to allow your client to evade his legal obligation to submit a timely, truthful financial affidavit in a divorce case or to actually assist him in submitting a false one. That is not acceptable lawyer conduct.

I am no fan of Mr. Pattis, but I would assume he is quite aware of his obligation to not knowingly submit false evidence to the court. Defenders and other litigators are not given near the leeway as family practitioners in this regard IMO. It is still a cardinal rule of Bar discipline that suborning perjury or presenting fabricated documents will result in disbarment, so that is the line an ethical lawyer is NOT going to cross, no matter the type of case.

Last edited:
Isn’t it curious that Mrs. Farber didn’t offer an award for help with finding her daughter?
That affirmed for many of us that LE absolutely knew Jennifer was dead and a reward would just send them on a thousand wild goose chases as people called in tips LE thought would be useless.

Who knows whether that was the right tactic?!
MOO

I’ve heard about the poison ivy before but is it a fact that FD had poison ivy on him after the date in question? Like how do we know this. I just missed this I guess.
An absolute fact. Much was made of his poison ivy outbreak when he was first arrested and I am sure the early articles mentioned it. It was noticed when Dulos turned himself in the first time. LE theorized he got it either while going through the woods behind his house or the woods around Jennifer's house (to avoid cameras at neighboring homes). Of course, thanks to local posters, we now also know that poison ivy is quite common in CT woods, and this year has seen a banner crop due to weather conditions.

Yes, this GH showing the Red Tacoma parked facing 'against' traffic was something that I have found puzzling.

Was this just FD not caring about traffic flow and general rules about how to park your car? IDK

Or, did he do it this was to faciliate the process of moving the body to the Tacoma from the Suburban? IDK

I've seen cars parked against traffic on Lapham before but its not a typical way to park as MOST people follow the rules.

Still thinking about this entire issue of the the direction that Red Truck was parked and I think its a super interesting point for consideration.

MOO

Oh, wow; yes, I now do wonder if the Suburban then was parked the right way when he returned so the two were back to back—much easier to move something from one to the other and not be seen at that point in a more public place. So for just that time, maybe that’s where the mat was used. It would make it much easier to move from vehicle to vehicle—sliding it rather. MOO.

This parking way also seems to indicate that the truck was driven there from that direction—harder to turn around in the road than to just park in the direction from where one came. I have no sense of direction and relevance with these locations so who knows, though. MOO.

Great point! Thanks!

Were we not told by MSM that the garbage from the pickup on Albany Avenue had been chopped by the time LE got there but that it had not yet been incinerated?

There is every reason to believe much DNA was found there and the huge amount could be taking a great deal of time to test.

I'm with you, citygirl, on the presumption that much of value was found and LE is waiting to make a solid case for premeditation.
MOO

I also believe they hope to have so much evidence that FD will plead out and let them avoid a long, expensive trial.

Yep. Shredded in 6 inch pieces.
One source said it hadn't been touched. Like some higher up person?
Another source said it went to the incinerator. I think it was some guy that worked there?
So, who do we believe?
I am banking on the first guy but the second guy gives me pause.
Who TF knows right now?
I wish LE would speak.
Something official not bound by the gag rule.
They are starting to p*ss me off.
And in the end it is all about ME.
:D

As far as I'm aware, the dogs were identified as cadaver dogs by MSM and then the next pictures shown were of divers hitting the water at the Hartford Reservoir. There was a gap so far as I could tell between the dog searches and the divers. It was unclear from the reporting if the divers were on sight from the beginning or if a call was made to bring them to the reservoir. MOO

I had two thoughts on this, one that they thought that the body or parts might have been on ground and then put into the water and one where it was thought maybe something was washed up or found like by an animal in the water and brought onto land. The second is unlikely but maybe. MOO.

This point is so interesting as I've always wondered why we saw FD/MT in the Raptor on Albany vs one of his other vehicles?

I think you nailed it and IMO the arrest warrant alluded to the point of FD wanting to keep the Red Truck over the weekend. He pushed hard to keep the EE truck and I wonder if as you seem to think that the FD plan was to use the Red Truck on Albany? I think he realized what you pointed out that the older model Red Truck wouldn't stand out on Albany. IMO as others have pointed out, taking the very expensive Raptor to Albany was a poor choice as it stood out in a way that the Red Truck might not have.

But, EE based on what we learned in AW2 was very insistent about getting the truck back. So, FD just had the choice of the Suburban, the Raptor, the Jeep and the Toyota that we haven't heard much about but I believe he still owns based on our last look at the tax records.

I am very curious also about how FD communicated with MT about the game of 'hide the keys' with EE? Did he text her or just gesture or whisper? It was clear to me from AW2 that MT was working in tandem with FD on the EE Truck and 80 MS cleanup. Wonder how involved she might have been with the disposal of JD body? I do think its interesting that FD brought MT to Albany in the first place as based on the AW1 it doesn't appear he asked her to do anything else than sit in the truck as we have no statement to say that she got out of the Raptor and assisted with the disposal of items along Albany.

MOO
MT and Dulos had to have communicated about taking EE's keys away from 80MS, which she said nothing about in her debriefings. This is one example of her not being straightforward in those interviews, and why I know she has much more to tell LE, about a lot of things.

I also agree Dulos planned on using EE's Tacoma for the garbage dump. EE must have known better than to trust Dulos, even before he suspected him of murder. I bet his boss was not happy when his plan to keep the Tacoma didn't work. Score one for the good guys!

I think MT knows where JD is too. There is no reasonable excuse for taking EEs car and tagging along for the Albany Ave run. If she was in that deep then why would FD care if she knew where the body was. I think she is holding out though on giving up location bc they don’t have evidence yet if her being in on the planning. If they had that, you can be sure she would be giving them the location to avoid murder 1 charges. MOO.
That affirmed for many of us that LE absolutely knew Jennifer was dead and a reward would just send them on a thousand wild goose chases as people called in tips LE thought would be useless.

Who knows whether that was the right tactic?!
MOO
Yes, I agree with that too. I was just thinking that in many of these “missing person” cases, people will volunteer to help search for someone dead or alive.

I had two thoughts on this, one that they thought that the body or parts might have been on ground and then put into the water and one where it was thought maybe something was washed up or found like by an animal in the water and brought onto land. The second is unlikely but maybe. MOO.
Or possibly the place where he did the dirty deed?
I have always thought it was deep in the woods somewhere. Somewhere he was familiar with.
I feel that if he did it at 80MS there would be evidence.
Cannot wait to hear what LE has.
MOO.

MOO

A large portion of the garbage collected on Albany Avenue had already been incinerated. A portion of the garbage in those cans had not been picked up, however, because of the holiday collection schedule. Dulos was counting on everything in those cans going to the dump before LE even knew Jennifer was the victim of foul play. He was not counting on how quickly LE would act. If Dulos planned for this evidence to be completely destroyed (which I believe), it seems to me he would throw away everything relating to the murder, including Jennifer, there. This is the reason LE was so interested in MIRA.

I thought the Pattisville spin on the EE truck was interesting. Pattis attempted to paint the use of EE truck as something that was ill advised and foolish due to its age etc.

After hearing this statement from Pattisville I have been interviewing any person I can find in my travels about their usually "beloved" older model Toyota Tacomas.

So far, I have met 6 folks driving various models of the Tacoma from as far back as 1988-up to 2015.

The mileage on the older models of these trucks has ranged from 265,000 to 65,000. When I asked the person that had the older model with the 265,000 miles if he was on his second engine in the vehicle, he looked at me and was slightly annoyed and said this is a Toyota and I might think about replacing it at 300-325,000 or even 350,000 depending on how things go! Most of the trucks had bodies that looked in relatively good shape and all seemed to run like champs!

Perhaps No Case Norm might think about replacing his gas guzzling Volvo SUV with a very fuel efficent Toyota!

Based on the folks I've spoken with this little truck is a true workhorse and can take real beating!

PS. I am NOT a car person and so am simply reporting what I have heard about these trucks that were disparaged by No Case Norm.

I actually think the Toyota older model truck was a solid choice by FD. Not only did it belong to someone else and was reliable but it would perfectly blend into the daily parade of tradespeoples vehicles that happens every day in NC.

MOO

Oh, gosh, yes. I see them everywhere here and this is a place where trucks are used until the body disintegrates and the motor falls out—and then they keep the motor to use in another truck in case they ever need it. A Tacoma is what was used to move Kelsey Berreth’s body, I read in that thread when I searched for the info here on the Tacoma. Although more full-size Chevys, Fords, and Dodges are used around here, plenty old Tacomas, too. Was that truck 4wd? If so and because it’s smaller, it’d be easier to get in tighter places like utility accessways than a full-size truck would be. I read in one of the CT Insider articles today that EE’s lawyer said EE quit the day FD was arrested. MOO.

MT and Dulos had to have communicated about taking EE's keys away from 80MS, which she said nothing about in her debriefings. This is one example of her not being straightforward in those interviews, and why I know she has much more to tell LE, about a lot of things.

I also agree Dulos planned on using EE's Tacoma for the garbage dump. EE must have known better than to trust Dulos, even before he suspected him of murder. I bet his boss was not happy when his plan to keep the Tacoma didn't work. Score one for the good guys!
Do you think she is talking now?

Yes, I agree with that too. I was just thinking that in many of these “missing person” cases, people will volunteer to help search for someone dead or alive.

In some of those 75 photos I saw on the CTInsider site today, I noticed LE using probe-like sticks in the brush, etc. Maybe that is usual or maybe if they were looking for pieces, it was essential. If you’re looking for a body, I definitely can see asking the public to help but if it’s pieces, that might mean trampling. I don’t know. MOO.

Yep. Shredded in 6 inch pieces.
One source said it hadn't been touched. Like some higher up person?
Another source said it went to the incinerator. I think it was some guy that worked there?
So, who do we believe?
I am banking on the first guy but the second guy gives me pause.
Who TF knows right now?
I wish LE would speak.
Something official not bound by the gag rule.
They are starting to p*ss me off.
And in the end it is all about ME.
:D

I had to laugh.
I read through your post and immediately thought, "Who is TF? I can never keep up with these initials!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces