Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HopeForTheBest said:
Oh, no! I’m sorry! They said “when” as in the future they hoped! I need to be more careful with my phrases; sorry for the confusion! :(

Oh please - dn't worry about it - thought I might have missed something important... I kind of skip pages when I'm WAY behind on this thread....
like this morning.... :rolleyes:

Anything "new" on the reservoir search?

edited - oops just saw your post afitzy! Thanks. :)

So let’s think through some hypotheses about what’s facing FD here and how he ended up at 4:30pm squabbling with EE about keeping the red truck with its still- bloody passenger seat.

So FD returns from NC to 80MS at 12:22, per AW2. Let’s hypothesize that in the red truck with him he has some bags of cleanup materials from Welles, and JDs body. His phone is still at 4JC.

What does he do? Next time point we have is his phone entering 80MS at 1:37pm. So in that roughly one hour, he’s either returned to 4JC (for lunch according to MT) and brought his phone back to 80MS or he stays at 80MS and MT brings the phone over at 1:37.
If FD goes over to 4JC, what does he do with the body and bags? Has he unloaded them and done what he’s going to do with them in that first hour or so? Leaving after that to return to 4JC for a quick lunch, and then quickly returning to 80MS, leaving the rest of the afternoon for cleaning up the bloody car seat and house? This scenario would give him more time to address the bloody car seat himself, like go get better bleach or cleaning agents from the store or even change out the seats himself.

Or, does FD pull the truck into the garage at 12:22, unload, maybe put in a little work on the body first trying to figure out what to do or getting it set up, then go to 4JC, have a quick lunch (he’s been out since 5:30am or so and he’ll need energy for this next part), get the tools he needs and his phone, and then drive back to 80MS at 1:37. The real work would then begin after 1:37. At 2:31 someone (FD, likely) texts EE about EEs return time. FD has about 2 hours to go.
Maybe at this point he’s done with the body, needs to clean up inside, and he’s realizing the problem with cleaning the car seat so he needs to check on EE arrival time. Maybe he calls MT to come over to 80MS because he has this darn coffee stain he just can’t get out and he needs her help plus they have to “clean up the house” and she needs to bring the black trash bags. Maybe MT is already there and assisting.

Regardless of which scenario, at some point FD (perhaps and MT) realize they can’t get the blood off the seat, so they can’t give the truck back to EE. Maybe at this point, getting closer to pickup time (15:38) FD returns to 4JC (maybe walking/jogging? Extra time in here. Maybe this is the purpose of his jogging demo after his release, to show us that it’s normal for him to jog around 4JC/80MS area.) He leaves his phone at 4JC so EE can’t reach him and then returns back to 80MS to meet up with EE around 4:30. FD drives back in another car (Suburban?) so EE will think FDs gone out waterskiing (FD wouldn’t take the red truck waterskiing) and forgotten about the red truck. This gives us the N+1 cars at 80MS. EE somehow second guesses and goes to 80MS where he finds FD and MT in the driveway.

I lean towards the latter, that FD spent a lot of time doing something bad to the body at 80MS readying it for disposal. That took a lot of the time so FD didn’t have time to change out the seats himself or to really get the materials needed to deal with the stain. So they were panicking about how to try to keep the truck for the weekend (thus the MT key scenario).

MOO.
Yes, I can see the second scenario playing out more easily than the 1st. He must have been concerned IMO about the EE truck clean up as he asked EE what time he would be getting back to 4Jx.

I can also see the car salami game going on too as having all those cars at 80MS on the surface didn't make much sense.

I do wonder what made EE go to 80 MS? Did he text MT or FD and say I'm at 4Jx but don't see you? I am curious if he thought it odd that FD and MT on a Friday of a holiday weekend cleaning at 80MS?

I don't get the sense that FD/MT worked hard at much, so to see them cleaning to me at least seems odd. We did see FD at Sturbridge with the broom cleaning the steps and removing personal items.

I wonder if this is a recent activity as his cash situation has altered somewhat! IDK. MOO

Oh please - dn't worry about it - thought I might have missed something important... I kind of skip pages when I'm WAY behind on this thread....
like this morning.... :rolleyes:

Anything "new" on the reservoir search?

edited - oops just saw your post afitzy! Thanks. :)
@Niner, no news on the reservoir search. Will be interesting to see if LE show up on Monday or if they are done. Its tougher now for the Press as they will have to watch LE movements and follow along in order to try to figure out what is going on. MOO

I've been thinking a bit about the 585 Deercliff property as a possible location for FD to depart the area for NC on the 24th. I wonder if he knew that the CCTV coverage at that property would be less than the other two houses (4Jx and 80MS)? I tried to find a wintertime picture of the property from satellite to get a sense of distances and also proximity to Ely Rd. I wonder if the AW2 starts when it does because LE is still looking for pictures of Red Truck and FD in Avon/Farmington for the 24th? IDK

Zoom Earth - Explore satellite and aerial images of the Earth

I’ve heard about the poison ivy before but is it a fact that FD had poison ivy on him after the date in question? Like how do we know this. I just missed this I guess.
“Sources said police also are trying to determine why Fotis Dulos is covered in a poison ivy rash and where he may have gotten it. They noticed the poison ivy last week when they executed a body search warrant on him and took his DNA.”
Police return to Hartford trash plant in search for missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos as estranged husband hires new lawyer

I've been thinking about the entire reason for the focus on cleaning the truck at the point in time he was doing it. All I can come up with was that EE Ford seats were cloth and if you have ever seen a ripped up cloth car seat you will see that below the cloth is alot of foam and upholstery tape that would simply act like a huge sponge for any fluids that came out of the bag or rug or tarp that JD might have been wrapped in. IMO if FD had any level of blood seepage into the seat, his attempts to clean it and remove all evidence would have been futile. Did FD recognize this and thought swapping out the seats was the only option? If so, then why no do it himself rather than bugging EE endlessly or why not ditch the truck or torch it? Something about the entire exchange surrounding the EE truck just seems off? Was it off because FD was simply out of it and not thinking straight? IDK Its also odd that we don't get the MT side of the EE Truck story yet to know if she tried to intervene to take the truck for a ride so EE couldn't have the truck for the weekend or pull out some engine wires to disable the truck so EE couldn't drive it? IDK, I just see any number of ways that FD and MT could have dealt with the truck so that they could keep it. Maybe stress levels were simply too high and neither FD nor MT could think clearly? IDK.

I know we have been going back and forth on the idea of whether FD wanted to set up EE for the crime or at least cast doubt on EE role in the crime. But, I am truly baffled how someone that knows anything about fabric and/or leather absorption properties wouldn't have simply removed the seat and torched it? I truly dont' think that it ever would have been possible to remove blood evidence from a car seat if the blood had been absorbed into the seat and even hit the foam below. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

The idea also that a local overpriced car detailing would also have much of an impact on the removal of forensic evidence also shows that either FD wanted to set up EE or he didn't do his research and was simply a lazy and stupid criminal. Any other ideas here as it seems that FD likes complicated plot lines but then doesn't seem to focus on the details so far as I can see. I guess everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and perhaps we have identified just a few more of FDs and MTs?!?! Again, IDK.

IDK the answer to this at all as even someone that understands basic biology would know that the $250 car detailing won't remove everything. To me one of the lessons learned from the CT "woodchipper case" was that small forensic details in a murder matter and if LE are determined and meticulous these details will be found. I'm slightly stunned with what perhaps might be FD arrogance or even ignorance about biological matter.

Still thinking about all this as I'm super curious about what LE found at 80 MS!

MOO

Going with the theory that he set up EE (or at least sought to cast suspicion his way).

He would have been quite content for traces of JD’s DNA to be found in the red truck. But he wouldn’t have wanted obvious stains on the front passenger seat for EE to notice.

Why the car wash days later, though?

(This is a quote from Pattis. Article link below)

“When and if the state decides it can prove its case, we will welcome the chance to meet the case in open court,” he said. “The new warrant speaks of a lying lover and handyman with something to hide. When do we get the chance to question these folks?”

When EE was introduced to us/the case, I SAID, I wonder if FD is trying to involve an innocent man and somehow blame him. I also thought that Pattis would somehow spin this innocent man/EE as some love interest of JD!!

Warrant: Jennifer Dulos’ body was in truck, Michelle Troconis told police

Last edited:
MOO[/QUOTE]
An absolute fact. Much was made of his poison ivy outbreak when he was first arrested and I am sure the early articles mentioned it. It was noticed when Dulos turned himself in the first time. LE theorized he got it either while going through the woods behind his house or the woods around Jennifer's house (to avoid cameras at neighboring homes). Of course, thanks to local posters, we now also know that poison ivy is quite common in CT woods, and this year has seen a banner crop due to weather conditions.

this makes it seem, IMHO, that he did not scout out all his routes that well...unless he scouted them in the winter or very early spring

Except the forensics have already established the blood-like substance in this vehicle belonged to Jennifer, not a child, a deer or a steak. Jennifer.

sorry- I just started reading about this case. I was trying to figure out how one would take a bloody car to detailers and not have it look suspicious if it had blood stains in it. by the time it is thoroughly tested, that subterfuge is over.

Was FD trying to actually blame this crime on his employee or was he just using a borrowed vehicle to try to keep evidence out of his own vehicles?

I am with you on all this. Oddly FD doesn't seem at all tech saavy but its strange too IMO that if you are doing something as impt as an alibi that you wouldn't search out the correct information. Simply seems either stupid, arrogant or both? IDK. I also wonder if FD simply underestimated the ability of LE to track all the items in the 'alibi scripts' back and double and triple check them? I wonder if FD having experienced no consequences for his many prior lies in Family and Civil courts, just didn't assume the level of focus by LE that is brought to bear in a criminal investigation. IDK. I also wonder if MT wasn't the more 'tech saavy' of the 2 folks involved so far in this crime and perhaps for whatever reason FD didn't want MT looking at his phone records? IDK, but it might be possible that he had other things to hide and we know that he was anxious to keep MT out of certain things (basing this on EE testimony in AW2 where FD asked EE not to report his recollection about MT and the Red Truck).

I also wonder if FD was probing EE memory to see what the potential would be for EE to become an adversary in any eventual proceeding? It seemed clear that FD was trying to 'shape' the EE narrative a bit, especially as it related to MT. My sense is that EE isn't a dope and my guess is that FD knew this and he just wanted to make sure of the EE story in the event they both were hauled in by LE to discuss the situation.

I also sensed that in AW2 that we saw FD trying to 'control' the narrative of both EE and to a certain extent MT. I believe it makes some sense to think that FD had the 'script' all laid out in his head and that the various actors in the script had to have their 'comments approved' so there were no surprises. IMO this was hugely naive of FD and as much as he tries over and over to manipulate people I don't think he really has a solid understanding of people IMO because I'm not sure he can look at anything other than from his own perspective.

Its interesting to see the AW2 commentary to me about EE as the story seems to be told that FD has this idea of how the entire EE truck story will be told and he is attempting to get EE to buy into his version of the story. I thought this aspect of the FD/MT and EE exchange was facinating. I don't think FD was at all compelling and if anything his behavior would raise flags IMO from anyone that had 1/2 a brain and I think EE had more than 1/2 a brain and so every warning bell in his head was going off at a certain point.

I also wonder why FD didn't just come up with some story for EE that his truck had been stolen or perhaps drive the truck in a reservoir or set it on fire someplace else. I think FD was hoping that by keeping the truck and speaking with EE that he could make it seem as if nothing had happened. I simply don't get this assumption and I simply don't get the issue of not taking the time to swap out the seats himself and putting that burden on EE?

Honestly the entire exchange with EE about the truck seemed more than a bit crazy IMO and ditching the truck and simply giving EE a new truck or cash might have been a better option as it looks like the truck is a key piece of evidence against MT and FD.

Why run the risk of LE finding the vehicle you used to drive from Farmington to NC to kill your wife?

Could FD have underestimated LE and EE so signficantly?

MOO

In a word, yes. You are exactly right-FD is the smartest, most charming and persuasive person in any room in which he finds himself (in his own mind). Why else would he insist on doing interview after interview? He really thinks he can manipulate any person that he needs to. And if that doesn’t work, he starts to bully, like EE said he did.

I am with you on all this. Oddly FD doesn't seem at all tech saavy but its strange too IMO that if you are doing something as impt as an alibi that you wouldn't search out the correct information. Simply seems either stupid, arrogant or both? IDK. I also wonder if FD simply underestimated the ability of LE to track all the items in the 'alibi scripts' back and double and triple check them? I wonder if FD having experienced no consequences for his many prior lies in Family and Civil courts, just didn't assume the level of focus by LE that is brought to bear in a criminal investigation. IDK. I also wonder if MT wasn't the more 'tech saavy' of the 2 folks involved so far in this crime and perhaps for whatever reason FD didn't want MT looking at his phone records? IDK, but it might be possible that he had other things to hide and we know that he was anxious to keep MT out of certain things (basing this on EE testimony in AW2 where FD asked EE not to report his recollection about MT and the Red Truck).

I also wonder if FD was probing EE memory to see what the potential would be for EE to become an adversary in any eventual proceeding? It seemed clear that FD was trying to 'shape' the EE narrative a bit, especially as it related to MT. My sense is that EE isn't a dope and my guess is that FD knew this and he just wanted to make sure of the EE story in the event they both were hauled in by LE to discuss the situation.

I also sensed that in AW2 that we saw FD trying to 'control' the narrative of both EE and to a certain extent MT. I believe it makes some sense to think that FD had the 'script' all laid out in his head and that the various actors in the script had to have their 'comments approved' so there were no surprises. IMO this was hugely naive of FD and as much as he tries over and over to manipulate people I don't think he really has a solid understanding of people IMO because I'm not sure he can look at anything other than from his own perspective.

Its interesting to see the AW2 commentary to me about EE as the story seems to be told that FD has this idea of how the entire EE truck story will be told and he is attempting to get EE to buy into his version of the story. I thought this aspect of the FD/MT and EE exchange was facinating. I don't think FD was at all compelling and if anything his behavior would raise flags IMO from anyone that had 1/2 a brain and I think EE had more than 1/2 a brain and so every warning bell in his head was going off at a certain point.

I also wonder why FD didn't just come up with some story for EE that his truck had been stolen or perhaps drive the truck in a reservoir or set it on fire someplace else. I think FD was hoping that by keeping the truck and speaking with EE that he could make it seem as if nothing had happened. I simply don't get this assumption and I simply don't get the issue of not taking the time to swap out the seats himself and putting that burden on EE?

Honestly the entire exchange with EE about the truck seemed more than a bit crazy IMO and ditching the truck and simply giving EE a new truck or cash might have been a better option as it looks like the truck is a key piece of evidence against MT and FD.

Why run the risk of LE finding the vehicle you used to drive from Farmington to NC to kill your wife?

Could FD have underestimated LE and EE so signficantly?

MOO
just a reminder that guys who wear velvet blazers and gucci loafers typically wouldn't know how to change out the Tacoma seats.
Just some useless tidbit I've learned in my years of studying males. ;)

I've been thinking about the entire reason for the focus on cleaning the truck at the point in time he was doing it. All I can come up with was that EE Ford seats were cloth and if you have ever seen a ripped up cloth car seat you will see that below the cloth is alot of foam and upholstery tape that would simply act like a huge sponge for any fluids that came out of the bag or rug or tarp that JD might have been wrapped in. IMO if FD had any level of blood seepage into the seat, his attempts to clean it and remove all evidence would have been futile. Did FD recognize this and thought swapping out the seats was the only option? If so, then why no do it himself rather than bugging EE endlessly or why not ditch the truck or torch it? Something about the entire exchange surrounding the EE truck just seems off? Was it off because FD was simply out of it and not thinking straight? IDK Its also odd that we don't get the MT side of the EE Truck story yet to know if she tried to intervene to take the truck for a ride so EE couldn't have the truck for the weekend or pull out some engine wires to disable the truck so EE couldn't drive it? IDK, I just see any number of ways that FD and MT could have dealt with the truck so that they could keep it. Maybe stress levels were simply too high and neither FD nor MT could think clearly? IDK.

I know we have been going back and forth on the idea of whether FD wanted to set up EE for the crime or at least cast doubt on EE role in the crime. But, I am truly baffled how someone that knows anything about fabric and/or leather absorption properties wouldn't have simply removed the seat and torched it? I truly dont' think that it ever would have been possible to remove blood evidence from a car seat if the blood had been absorbed into the seat and even hit the foam below. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

The idea also that a local overpriced car detailing would also have much of an impact on the removal of forensic evidence also shows that either FD wanted to set up EE or he didn't do his research and was simply a lazy and stupid criminal. Any other ideas here as it seems that FD likes complicated plot lines but then doesn't seem to focus on the details so far as I can see. I guess everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and perhaps we have identified just a few more of FDs and MTs?!?! Again, IDK.

IDK the answer to this at all as even someone that understands basic biology would know that the $250 car detailing won't remove everything. To me one of the lessons learned from the CT "woodchipper case" was that small forensic details in a murder matter and if LE are determined and meticulous these details will be found. I'm slightly stunned with what perhaps might be FD arrogance or even ignorance about biological matter.

Still thinking about all this as I'm super curious about what LE found at 80 MS!

MOO
I believe Dulos was counting on the evidence of Jennifer's murder being destroyed via that garbage dump. He obviously took EE's red truck, not thinking it would be tied to him as it has been. IMO Jennifer was rolled up in the large rug Dulos took from her Suburban, so that what was found in the Tacoma was leakage. Jennifer's body was not lying loose in that truck, and he thought the rug would absorb any forensic evidence of her presence in that vehicle. Dulos had not considered he would need to clean that Tacoma until after he placed and removed her body from it.

This theory would explain why Dulos put that rug against the wall during his Albany Avenue run. It would also explain MT's response to LE about the blood found in the Tacoma. Dulos was not anticipating how messy it was going to be during his preplanning. He realized he needed to get that truck clean only after he removed Jennifer's body from it. The fact that he knew there was evidence in that truck makes me think it was at least noticeable to him.

IMO Dulos' missteps originate with his belief that LE would be fooled by the Suburban's location in the park. Why did he park the Tacoma and then leave that SUV where he did? I believe he did so knowing he was going to transfer her body to the Tacoma via the Suburban AND thinking LE was going to buy his Gone Girl fantasy.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the only person who thought the GG story line was going to fly was Dulos ( and perhaps now his attorney). That "theory" was created by Dulos IMO. I noticed that as soon as Pattis was in the case, he started beating the GG drum. No attorney, no matter how "creative" would come up with that theory on his own. So where did that theory come from?

As soon as he came into the case, Pattis immediately began crowing about Dulos' rock solid alibi, the fact that his phone proved Dulos was in Farmington the entire morning on the 24th, and that ridiculous GG theory (which, by the way, he still seems intent on raising). All of these supposed 'facts' were provided to Pattis from someone and that someone is Dulos.

If we begin with the hypothesis that Dulos believed LE would think, at least initially, Jennifer had been abducted in the park, or had parked her own vehicle there to make LE believe she had, Dulos' actions with the Tacoma make more sense. He thought his use of the truck would conceal his presence in New Canaan, not anticipating all the ways he would be linked to it. He definitely never considered all those recorded videos or even what evidence would remain in that truck. He had to ad-lib the need to get that truck cleaned and we all know how bad Dulos at ad-libbing when things didn't follow his Murder Script.

He is also a reportedly domineering person, quite used to getting his way and I am sure he was not happy when EE insisted on retrieving his truck before Dulos was ready for him to have it. EE is a hero in many ways, not the least of which was taking his truck home on the 24th; I feel certain Dulos was quite adamant that he should be allowed to keep it.

It is at this point when MT clearly is involved in a substantial and knowing way. Her big, big problem is leaving the scene of 80MS with the EE's keys. At least at that point in time, a 3d party will testify that she left with the keys to the Tacoma with no apparent reason, except the fact that Dulos did not want EE to have that truck over the weekend.

As spacey as MT is trying to appear, she HAD to have known something funny was up at least at that point in time (I believe she knew prior to that time, but do not know when she obtained actual knowledge). As you note afitzy, there had to have been some discussion between those two about why Dulos wanted her to take those keys (which EE says he had previously seen sticking out of the door of the Tacoma when he arrived at 80MS). I have no doubt LE is now bearing down on this very question with MT.

Dulos had planned this murder out in great detail IMO. His planning dd not take into account, however, the many ways a so-called perfect murder does not go according to plan. Because LE did not fall for his ridiculous GG fantasy, one plagiarized from a bestselling novel for goodness sake, it acted in quickly, much of the evidence Dulos believed would be gone was retrieved.

Dulos went to Dr. Farber's condo, fulling believing he was going to take those kids and go on his merry way, with no consequences for the cold-blooded murder of their mother. Once again, he over-estimated his own brilliance and under-estimated the diligence of LE. Had he succeeded in getting those children, I believe he would be in Greece with them right now, with no intention of every returning to this country to face prosecution.

One final thought. I asked colleague whether she thought the C Team would be monitoring a site like this and she responded."100% guaranteed." Apparently, in Anthony there was a person whose job it was to mine social media for purposes of jury selection and theory of defense preparation. I suspect Pattis lacks the resources Baez was able to shake loose (which is a story unto itself), but you can be sure someone is trying to keep up with the comments here.

Such monitoring does not concern me at all because we are discussing publicly available facts. If our comments are being read, however, I would like to return Mr. Pattis' comments to him."Bring it on!" His MN client is NOT going to get away with murder. Not this time.

Simply, if we arm chair sleuths have his number based on our limited knowledge, Dulos' days as a free man are coming to an end soon. He may want to get in some good water skiing, despite that pesky ankle monitor (which I predicted the judge would refuse to allow him to move), because he most assuredly will not be able to ski where he is headed!

Last edited:

MOO
keep your wonderful intuitive thinkin' goin'.
Another observation from my years of living:
People who drive new cars typically aren't too mechanically inclined. When things start to break down or need repairs they trade it in for new. They generally don't do hands on fixes
or tolerate angst causing regular repairs. They
get a new one. The 'replace not fix generation'.

Hands on guys like EE generally repair everything over and over cause they know how
and can do it themselves. They're the ones driving old beater cars and truck that still run like a charm even at 300,000 miles.

mT and FD couldn't just unplug something on EE's truck or disable it simply because they're
just not mechanically savvy. It's not in their
toolbox brain to even know what to do.
Whether it's cars, trucks or computers these people throw out and buy new- not fix.

Yes, I can see the second scenario playing out more easily than the 1st. He must have been concerned IMO about the EE truck clean up as he asked EE what time he would be getting back to 4Jx.

I can also see the car salami game going on too as having all those cars at 80MS on the surface didn't make much sense.

I do wonder what made EE go to 80 MS? Did he text MT or FD and say I'm at 4Jx but don't see you? I am curious if he thought it odd that FD and MT on a Friday of a holiday weekend cleaning at 80MS?

I don't get the sense that FD/MT worked hard at much, so to see them cleaning to me at least seems odd. We did see FD at Sturbridge with the broom cleaning the steps and removing personal items.I wonder if this is a recent activity as his cash situation has altered somewhat! IDK. MOO

Knowing those two, I bet it was odd to EE that they were cleaning anything, regardless of the day of the week. Those two are "work brittle" and probably had trouble knowing which end of a mop to use. After all, manual labor is beneath the likes of Mr. Dulos, and it does not appear MT ever worked a real job a day in her life. MOO!

Not sure about you but I think WSers are doing GREAT!

Love these 5 step lists to make a case that could cover 10 whiteboards in small print back and front seem solvable!

Lots to think about and many gaps to think about! MOO
yeah agree, WS'ers are learning how to solve cases
by hard thinking. I think we could make a great investigative team w/ just a little tweaking and oTJ how to's.
Amazes me everyday the smarts we have in this group who randomly came together.
Would love to sit in on real detective training
and learn what we've missed in a case like this.
Wonder where real life detectives fit on an IQ
scale? Are they average? above average? or
simply trained in following a path of instructions and clues?

Garbage bags or contractor bags: forensics can identify the “lot” and when bags were manufactured bc they have identifying markings. If MT (the one who brought the bags) kept the box or the remaining bags, it’s easy to identify those bags as being from the same box. Same with the bags dumped...LE forensics can determine if the bags are from the same box of bags. (Saw this on a crime show)
As far as finding MIRA trash from the same area, same dates, LE can find trash from a specific address and specific day, using other trash in there as a guide. I was surprised to find out how searches in a landfill are conducted and can find “needle in a haystack”

Gag order issued to preserve FD to a fair trial. That's rich. The only 2 needing a gag is FD and NP. If gag falls out, use duck tape.
yeah agree, WS'ers are learning how to solve cases
by hard thinking. I think we could make a great investigative team w/ just a little tweaking and oTJ how to's.
Amazes me everyday the smarts we have in this group who randomly came together.
Would love to sit in on real detective training
and learn what we've missed in a case like this.
Wonder where real life detectives fit on an IQ
scale? Are they average? above average? or
simply trained in following a path of instructions and clues?

All over the place. I once had the good fortune to work with a blind investigator assigned to financial crimes. The defendants (and their lawyers) walked into interviews with him with a naive arrogance that they could fool "the blind guy." That is until he began reciting every transaction they had ever made, with date, check/invoice numbers, amounts and even where and when the check was cashed. He was an absolute machine. I used to sit back in awe while he demolished whatever stupid theory was thrown at him. While not always the case, some career investigators have the instincts and skill to bring down even the most brilliant of criminals.

No matter their skill and intelligence, though, you can be sure that everyone who is part of this investigation is committed to seeing that Dulos is held accountable for Jennifer's murder. That responsibility weighs on each of them daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces