Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car wash days later I think was just because EE took the truck when he did and it was a long 3 days weekend before the truck came back to 4Jx. Just a guess. MOO
While I do applaud the EE for doing everything he did to preserve evidence for LE etc, I kind of can’t believe he didn’t put two and two together when the news of JD being missing was put on 5/25. Like it doesn’t take a MENSA member to connect the dots and have an oh s$&@! moment at that point. Can you imagine if he reached out to LE then? Before the car wash? Would have been a treasure trove of forensic evidence. Damn. Probably still worried about losing his job at that point if he snitched on FD. MOO.

While I do applaud the EE for doing everything he did to preserve evidence for LE etc, I kind of can’t believe he didn’t put two and two together when the news of JD being missing was put on 5/25. Like it doesn’t take a MENSA member to connect the dots and have an oh s$&@! moment at that point. Can you imagine if he reached out to LE then? Before the car wash? Would have been a treasure trove of forensic evidence. Damn. Probably still worried about losing his job at that point if he snitched on FD. MOO.
Do we have any PROOF that EE knew early on that JD was missing? Many people do not stay
current on news or even listen to news.
I know people that live in that area that didn't
even know about this case. They just keep their noses to the grindstone trying to make a living and don't bother with the news.

I believe Dulos was counting on the evidence of Jennifer's murder being destroyed via that garbage dump. He obviously took EE's red truck, not thinking it would be tied to him as it has been. IMO Jennifer was rolled up in the large rug Dulos took from her Suburban, so that what was found in the Tacoma was leakage. Jennifer's body was not lying loose in that truck, and he thought the rug would absorb any forensic evidence of her presence in that vehicle. Dulos had not considered he would need to clean that Tacoma until after he placed and removed her body from it.

This theory would explain why Dulos put that rug against the wall during his Albany Avenue run. It would also explain MT's response to LE about the blood found in the Tacoma. Dulos was not anticipating how messy it was going to be during his preplanning. He realized he needed to get that truck clean only after he removed Jennifer's body from it. The fact that he knew there was evidence in that truck makes me think it was at least noticeable to him.

IMO Dulos' missteps originate with his belief that LE would be fooled by the Suburban's location in the park. Why did he park the Tacoma and then leave that SUV where he did? I believe he did so knowing he was going to transfer her body to the Tacoma via the Suburban AND thinking LE was going to buy his Gone Girl fantasy.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the only person who thought the GG story line was going to fly was Dulos ( and perhaps now his attorney). That "theory" was created by Dulos IMO. I noticed that as soon as Pattis was in the case, he started beating the GG drum. No attorney, no matter how "creative" would come up with that theory on his own. So where did that theory come from?

As soon as he came into the case, Pattis immediately began crowing about Dulos' rock solid alibi, the fact that his phone proved Dulos was in Farmington the entire morning on the 24th, and that ridiculous GG theory (which, by the way, he still seems intent on raising). All of these supposed 'facts' were provided to Pattis from someone and that someone is Dulos.

If we begin with the hypothesis that Dulos believed LE would think, at least initially, Jennifer had been abducted in the park, or had parked her own vehicle there to make LE believe she had, Dulos' actions with the Tacoma make more sense. He thought his use of the truck would conceal his presence in New Canaan, not anticipating all the ways he would be linked to it. He definitely never considered all those recorded videos or even what evidence would remain in that truck. He had to ad-lib the need to get that truck cleaned and we all know how bad Dulos at ad-libbing when things didn't follow his Murder Script.

He is also a reportedly domineering person, quite used to getting his way and I am sure he was not happy when EE insisted on retrieving his truck before Dulos was ready for him to have it. EE is a hero in many ways, not the least of which was taking his truck home on the 24th; I feel certain Dulos was quite adamant that he should be allowed to keep it.

It is at this point when MT clearly is involved in a substantial and knowing way. Her big, big problem is leaving the scene of 80MS with the EE's keys. At least at that point in time, a 3d party will testify that she left with the keys to the Tacoma with no apparent reason, except the fact that Dulos did not want EE to have that truck over the weekend.

As spacey as MT is trying to appear, she HAD to have known something funny was up at least at that point in time (I believe she knew prior to that time, but do not know when she obtained actual knowledge). As you note afitzy, there had to have been some discussion between those two about why Dulos wanted her to take those keys (which EE says he had previously seen sticking out of the door of the Tacoma when he arrived at 80MS). I have no doubt LE is now bearing down on this very question with MT.

Dulos had planned this murder out in great detail IMO. His planning dd not take into account, however, the many ways a so-called perfect murder does not go according to plan. Because LE did not fall for his ridiculous GG fantasy, one plagiarized from a bestselling novel for goodness sake, it acted in quickly, much of the evidence Dulos believed would be gone was retrieved.

Dulos went to Dr. Farber's condo, fulling believing he was going to take those kids and go on his merry way, with no consequences for the cold-blooded murder of their mother. Once again, he over-estimated his own brilliance and under-estimated the diligence of LE. Had he succeeded in getting those children, I believe he would be in Greece with them right now, with no intention of every returning to this country to face prosecution.

One final thought. I asked colleague whether she thought the C Team would be monitoring a site like this and she responded."100% guaranteed." Apparently, in Anthony there was a person whose job it was to mine social media for purposes of jury selection and theory of defense preparation. I suspect Pattis lacks the resources Baez was able to shake loose (which is a story unto itself), but you can be sure someone is trying to keep up with the comments here.

Such monitoring does not concern me at all because we are discussing publicly available facts. If our comments are being read, however, I would like to return Mr. Pattis' comments to him."Bring it on!" His MN client is NOT going to get away with murder. Not this time.

Simply, if we arm chair sleuths have his number based on our limited knowledge, Dulos' days as a free man are coming to an end soon. He may want to get in some good water skiing, despite that pesky ankle monitor (which I predicted the judge would refuse to allow him to move), because he most assuredly will not be able to ski where he is headed!
Boom! Thanks for the excellent synopsis.

Home from the hike! Beautiful day here in CT. Reservoir was packed, no sign of any ongoing searches. So I got pretty close to JC, could see the houses from one trail which led to the power lines. The walk to JC to actual water is NOT an easy one, even if it’s only about half a mile. JC is essentially on top of a mountain, and the reservoir is at the bottom of the mountain. Granted if he was carrying something away from his house it would be going down the mountain. The terrain is not easy. There are rocks/cliffs (10-30feet drop offs) almost everywhere off trail. There is NO way IMO you can bring a dirt bike or other vehicle off trail back there.

I noticed pink tape running parallel to the power lines, trees were marked every 20 yards or so, not sure if this was related to the search.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Attachments

• 373A2C9A-3E64-45C7-BCA1-FF1E977F7833.jpeg
    373A2C9A-3E64-45C7-BCA1-FF1E977F7833.jpeg
    922.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 655BFC85-677F-4743-B2D2-0C727895F14E.jpeg
    655BFC85-677F-4743-B2D2-0C727895F14E.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 6B0F15A2-751C-4A4D-91CE-A3A06302AC2B.jpeg
    6B0F15A2-751C-4A4D-91CE-A3A06302AC2B.jpeg
    763.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 770F3C48-10B5-4F31-8D59-4C1956F998ED.jpeg
    770F3C48-10B5-4F31-8D59-4C1956F998ED.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 187
  • 17364787-4B22-46B8-BD0C-2D034EE94F09.jpeg
    17364787-4B22-46B8-BD0C-2D034EE94F09.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 192
  • 1AC84A07-8CEF-49D7-B30F-EBDCE99FCD77.jpeg
    1AC84A07-8CEF-49D7-B30F-EBDCE99FCD77.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 650D99A8-E54C-4F76-BDBC-D4B0831E55EC.jpeg
    650D99A8-E54C-4F76-BDBC-D4B0831E55EC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • 1591E569-A504-41A2-B399-0DE4DD339D6B.jpeg
    1591E569-A504-41A2-B399-0DE4DD339D6B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 180
  • 69824EF8-5D2B-4918-84C9-B491ABCD78CF.jpeg
    69824EF8-5D2B-4918-84C9-B491ABCD78CF.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 178
  • BB2E0343-F23D-48AF-9483-B2A8C569A01B.jpeg
    BB2E0343-F23D-48AF-9483-B2A8C569A01B.jpeg
    983.6 KB · Views: 158
Home from the hike! Beautiful day here in CT. Reservoir was packed, no sign of any ongoing searches. So I got pretty close to JC, could see the houses from one trail which led to the power lines. The walk to JC to actual water is NOT an easy one, even if it’s only about half a mile. JC is essentially on top of a mountain, and the reservoir is at the bottom of the mountain. Granted if he was carrying something away from his house it would be going down the mountain. The terrain is not easy. There are rocks/cliffs (10-30feet drop offs) almost everywhere off trail. There is NO way IMO you can bring a dirt bike or other vehicle off trail back there.

I noticed pink tape running parallel to the power lines, trees were marked every 20 yards or so, not sure if this was related to the search.

Fabulous. Thanks!

MOO MOO . Sounds like FD had a lot of people in fear of him.

Do we have any PROOF that EE knew early on that JD was missing? Many people do not stay
even know about this case. They just keep their noses to the grindstone trying to make a living and don't bother with the news.
Perhaps he was away for the weekend and didn’t hear

Gotcha. I'm still stuck on parking the Red Truck the way he did. I think most people have an expectation of how a scene around them should be as they are driving along Lapham. If you see a vehicle parked in the wrong direction its jarring to this sense of 'the way things should be' IMO and the truck was bright red.

Why did FD park the Red Truck the way he did? We know he doesn't respect rules and doesn't really care about 'norms' much but this parking the wrong way round just seemed strange to me for some reason. To me it takes more work to park the wrong way round than simply parking in the direction you are traveling. I'm baffled on this one!

Originally I thought he parked the Red Truck the way he did because he was advance planning mode with the transfer of the body from the Suburban to the Red Truck. But I'm now not sure this was the case. Maybe he was just lazy? Will go back and watch the GH recreation video again and give it some more thought.

MOO
Perhaps he didn’t plan on murdering her and didn’t intend to be there long. Maybe his mission was to steal documents or something and she surprised him by returning home instead of heading straight to NYC.
Also he may not have transferred her body directly to the Toyota. He could have driven the suburban with her body and cleanup debris someplace else before leaving the vehicle at the park. He may have even cleaned it up some before dropping it off. Then he may have driven the Toyota to the location of the body and debris and retrieved it. Or that stuff may never have been in the Toyota. The evidence may have simply come from his own clothes and shoes.
I kind of wonder if her body was only ever in her own vehicle and that might be where he used the altered plates. I’m sure LE has a ton of evidence we haven’t even imagined.

Yes, I didn’t that it would be easy . Thank you for doing that!

Looking at AW2 again, I notice that FD and MT might not have been too on top of things when prepping their “alibi script”.

AW2 states that MT admitted to LE that she wrote two pages of the “alibi script” one of which was a “log” of phone calls with names, numbers, incoming/outgoing, and duration.
However, EE/PG describes that on 5/28 while FD and MT were discussing their timeline, (ie, making up their alibi script) FD asked EE if EE had called FD the morning of the 24th. (FD had given his phone to the NCPD on 5/25.)

OK, so FD doesn’t have the actual phone to check his call records at that point. Wouldn’t a smart person look up their call record on their account online? Rather than ask EE?
Back in 2017 FD didn't know what “find my phone” was on the iPhone when he called 911 when JD left, so maybe he isn’t really on top of normal features of technology. Every service provider I’ve had for phones allows you to look at your recent call records online. LE hadn’t taken his computer yet so he still had it.
It makes FD look very suspicious to EE to ask if a phone call was made to FD that morning, because that indicates to EE that FD wasn’t with his phone. Which of course is suspicious, as it has now made its way into AW2.
It also suggests that maybe FD didn’t check his call records online and so the alibi script of phone calls that MT wrote up was totally made up by them?? Would they be that stupid? Since they knew that LE had the actual phone and the passcode?
Was FD “just checking” to make sure EEs recollection was good? I just don’t get why he’d ask EE this if FD was basing his alibi script on actual phone calls from his account record. FD would know from the records whether EE had called him or not.
MOO.

My understanding of the cell phone call log with the Provider, is that only calls that were Answered would show on the Receiver's call log with the provider.

So, unless FO/MT/KM answered FO's cell phone that Friday, the call would not show on FO's call log with his Provider.

However, the call log on the actual phone would show a missed call, along with those answered, as we all know.

However, LE had already seized FO's phone by the May 28th conversation between FO, EE, and MT.

So at that point, if FO/MT had not actually answered the call from EE that Friday, FO would have needed to ask EE this question.

It is possible though, that FO automatically or manually completely backed up his phone, either to the Cloud or his Mac to restore to a New phone.

IMO.

Jennifer Dulos' mother shows strength amid 'devastating situation'
“Gloria Farber is the strongest person I know,” said family friend Carrie Luft, who has responded to media inquiries about the family and the investigation. “Every day she summons courage, dignity and grace while living through this devastating situation. Her mission is to care and provide for her grandchildren, which she does with love and understanding and a vibrancy of spirit that people half her age would envy.”

Perhaps he didn’t plan on murdering her and didn’t intend to be there long. Maybe his mission was to steal documents or something and she surprised him by returning home instead of heading straight to NYC.
Also he may not have transferred her body directly to the Toyota. He could have driven the suburban with her body and cleanup debris someplace else before leaving the vehicle at the park. He may have even cleaned it up some before dropping it off. Then he may have driven the Toyota to the location of the body and debris and retrieved it. Or that stuff may never have been in the Toyota. The evidence may have simply come from his own clothes and shoes.
I kind of wonder if her body was only ever in her own vehicle and that might be where he used the altered plates. I’m sure LE has a ton of evidence we haven’t even imagined.

If his intention were to arrive after she left for the city, and steal documents, why not just drive to her house after she left rather than arrive ahead of her—and hide his vehicle?

@happyperson, Glad you had a good hike! Looks beautiful! Thanks for these wonderful pictures.

Questions:
-on the google map there is the line/path going through the map, is this the trail that you sent us pictures of? Or is it the power lines? @thekirbyfamily posted her google map and there was this green dashed line we were trying to figure out what it was.
-on your hike did you stay on the trail exclusively and was that what you said was challenging OR did you go off trail and tried the woods and that what was challenging?
-would it be possible based on what you saw for FD/MT to go through the woods from 4Jx or do you think the post likely path was via the path?
-how does one get from 4Jx to the established path that you had a picture of? Would FD/MT have had to walk through brush and woods to get to the path or is there an easier way.
-did you see much poison ivy?
-how easy is it for a person to get close to the reservoir 3 to toss something in? many reservoirs have very rocky perimeters to keep people away. Do you see that it was doable for FD/MT to access Reservoir 3 on foot and while carrying something that might have been heavy toss it into the reservoir?
-I've looked for depth maps for the Reservoirs and haven't been successful. From looking at the water were you able to get a sense of depth at all?

Thanks again for such wonderful shots! Makes everything come alive to see a picture vs looking at it on a map!

MOO

If his intention were to arrive after she left for the city, and steal documents, why not just drive to her house after she left rather than arrive ahead of her—and hide his vehicle?
Its not clear exactly how much of JD schedule FD was aware of at any point. People have speculated that perhaps he had been communicating with his children outside of court rules and might have then realized that children were in NYC and that's how FD knew to go there. Or, he could have called GF or even the nanny. Unfortunately we don't know how FD knew to go into the city. We also don't know even if perhaps MT or MT daughter might have communicated with the Dulos children. Right now all we know I believe is that FD went to NYC to see/pick up the children and was met allegedly by armed guard (LE never confirmed this story so far as I know even though it was reported widely in the MSM).

Its not clear exactly how much of JD schedule FD was aware of at any point. People have speculated that perhaps he had been communicating with his children outside of court rules and might have then realized that children were in NYC and that's how FD knew to go there. Or, he could have called GF or even the nanny. Unfortunately we don't know how FD knew to go into the city. We also don't know even if perhaps MT or MT daughter might have communicated with the Dulos children. Right now all we know I believe is that FD went to NYC to see/pick up the children and was met allegedly by armed guard (LE never confirmed this story so far as I know even though it was reported widely in the MSM).

I replying to a theory (that I can’t get my head around) that on Friday morning, Dulos “just” wanted to steal documents after Jennifer left for the city, and hadn’t intended to kill her [but did, the theory implies]. But it doesn’t jibe with other actions, MOO.

Intention may have been to enter the house as soon as she left with the kids. He may have intended to do something fast and early to reduce chance of housekeeping or nanny stopping by. His timing could also have been influenced by opportunity to sneak out of the house and get back with EE’s truck before anyone noticed. It would be interesting to know if he was expected anywhere that morning and missed appointments. He could have used and hidden that vehicle to reduce chances of being recognized. He also could have done it early to avoid busier traffic and chance of being seen.
The entire thing could be a burglary gone wrong. Where did he get the psych report and medical bills? It would be interesting to find out if there are communications from the divorce or Farber cases where attorney suggests they’d have a stronger case if only they had evidence of _____.

one thing that kinda confuses me and have not seen mentioned is the different lengths of FD's hair. the first pictures i can remember seeing of him at arrest he had very short hair, almost looked sorta bald. then the AW had a picture with medium length business type cut, was that just an available drivers license photo.? and it seems now he has let it grow out. so it has occurred to me that he normally wore the business cut then for some reason cut it very short around the time that JD disappeared and now has gone back to the hair grown out. usually, in my personal experience guys at his age develop a look and keep it and have got to have a good reason to drastically change it. whatever it was does not seem to me to be permanent change since it now is growing out. only thing i could come up with is he did not want long hair when he met JD that day. i'm thinking maybe if he was wearing a mask it would fit tighter on the scalp or if not wearing a mask it would serve to surprise and distract JD or if someone else along the way would serve to perhaps be harder to identify him because he does tend to look somewhat different with the short hair. i can't get past the hair lengths, big question mark for me. i wonder if anyone asked him.

Thank you happyperson, that’s really interesting and informative.

My question is about the density of plant growth immediately along the bottom of the steep cliff.

Picture 2 on the realtor’s listing (view from 4JX towards the reservoirs) shows JX towering over the valley and reservoirs beyond.

4 Jefferson Crossing, Farmington, CT 06032 - MLS 170138671 - Coldwell Banker

Your picture 2 is a great close-up of the cliff that falls away from JX to the valley.

Is the bottom of that cliff face as open as it appears in your photo all the way along, or is the plant growth dense in some parts?

And is it possible to identify a point at the bottom of the cliff that correlates with either 4 JX or the Deercliff property?

Thanks again!

Yeah we don’t know. I figure tho that since he lives down there and works for the guy maybe someone would have let him know. Who knows. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces