Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Myvice. I don't think the reporting is clear on this issue. I believe to get the answer you would have to go back to the first FD hearing when Atty Colangelo brought up the blood on the faucet issue as part of his request to get FD bail amt increased (denied by the court). I think it was as part of this conversation that we learned a bit more about the Wed event when FD was at Welles but I don't think the court testimony was all that clear either.

If the event were a typical FD weeknight time with his children then it would make sense to me that JD wouldn't be present. But it seemed like this was some kind of celebration event so maybe she was there. I have never been exactly clear on this point so if you get more info please post back to clear things up. MOO
I remember quite recently it being said that JD was not at Welles Ln during the Wed night dinner, I'm pretty sure by a credible source. I will go back and see what I can find.

This man murdered the mother of his children. The termination of his parental rights should be a foregone conclusion.

You don’t get to kill your way to custody, that’s not how it works.

I can't believe this man will ever have access to his kids if he isn't arrested for Jennifer's murder soon. The thought is horrific.

I was a child in a very contentious New England divorce in the 2010s, and if my dad had done a fraction of what FD had done to my mom, I would never want to see him ever again.

This man murdered the mother of his children. The termination of his parental rights should be a foregone conclusion.

You don’t get to kill your way to custody, that’s not how it works.

Jennifer painted a damning picture of this guy, and her words were nothing short of prophetic.

These kids should be in a loving home, and I’m rooting for Jennifer’s mother all the way.

FD should lose the shirt off his back, his kids, and his freedom (in that order, because it’ll hurt more).
You called no names.

You gave no physical descriptions.

Just the facts, ma'am.

It is what it is.

I remember quite recently it being said that JD was not at Welles Ln during the Wed night dinner, I'm pretty sure by a credible source. I will go back and see what I can find.

Here's something relatively recent, the ominous "sources" and authored by DA, however.
Will keep looking.

"Farber Dulos filed for divorce in June 2017 and has had primary custody of the couple’s five children since she went missing. Sources have said Farber Dulos wasn’t present at the May 22 barbecue, but a court-appointed monitor that supervised all of Dulos’ parental visits, was at the New Canaan home that day."
The psychiatrist who examined Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, concluded he is ‘confident and gregarious’

I wonder if NP has put the PI on MT.
That could get ugly, really ugly. I bet that FD already has leads to dirt on MT's past, and the PI might uncover more.
All is fair in love and war I guess. FD loves the Art of War so that is bad luck for MT. I hope it's not so bad as to discredit her as a witness, although what she's already done by lying is probably worse than anything the PI can dig up.

Yes, you found the entire Atty Bowman quote which IMO was much more powerful and most press just reported the shorter statement about 'presumed innocent, as she should be'.

I would think that the next go round of charges will give us the answers to many of the questions that we have about the status of MT with the States Atty.
MOO
Thank you @afitzy for pointing out the differences in reporting Atty Bowman's statement on September 5, 2019 when MT was allowed the privilege of turning herself in after the release of AW2. So, in addition to admitting to lying on a recorded Aug 13 interview with LE, fabricating an alibi for FD during the morning of the murder, scripted in advance, MT helped FD coverup at the carwash AND MT joined FD on the Albany Avenue dump run of bloody evidence. IMO, for posterity sake, because I do believe Atty Bowman is thinking 10 years ahead when the video of his exact words will be replayed for law students, forensic science and criminal justice students, FBI trainees and others studying this very intricate game of poker, trying to piece together what exactly was known by the players (cards turned up) while making strategic decisions (deal or no deal) in the face of unknown evidence yet to be revealed (cards still hidden), this is what one of our best poker players was forced to say (and he never says anything during a game):

“We have a judicial system in this country, which is the foundation of our democracy. The most important parts of that system are the presumption of innocence and trial by jury, so I’d like you to remember that Michelle is presumed innocent and she should be,” Bowman said Thursday. “We are prepared to let judgement rest in a jury’s hands.”

MOO.
Fotis Dulos' Girlfriend Turns Herself In to Police

Last edited:
I haven't noticed anything major recently and was working at home 9/24 and didn't then either - but it is so remote that I would never be aware unless there were at least 5 fire trucks with full sirens! I have Verizon and haven't personally noticed any cell service outages within the vicinity. However I will say that the area around East Road and the Reservoir is VERY remote, no houses, no passing cars for 5+ minutes on end and I would be very surprised if any cameras. It is just not a typical New Canaan (and New York) full bells and whistles neighborhood. It could be an absolutely beautiful walk but I remember not being comfortable going there on my own when I first moved to the area 16 years ago and to this day I counsel my teenage daughters that it is not safe for them to walk there alone either.
I really wonder if LE has looked into this area given that you confirm that it can be done in 18 min from Waveny. That would fill in the missing time perfectly.
Many people have no idea that this kind of place is back there, I don't think, as you say this is not the typical NC, Wilton, type suburban terrain. You can see the abrupt change right at the line where Wilton ends, and it starts the unpaved section. There are also no signs telling you that you are crossing state lines (correct me if wrong) so FD could have thought he could go back there and not get caught on his GPS.
The problem with a search back there is that it would be vast- it feels like there could be quite a lot of options for where a body could be.
Wondering if we will hear more from Colangelo at the hearing on Monday about FDs foray back there and what they think about it.

Here's something relatively recent, the ominous "sources" and authored by DA, however.
Will keep looking.

"Farber Dulos filed for divorce in June 2017 and has had primary custody of the couple’s five children since she went missing. Sources have said Farber Dulos wasn’t present at the May 22 barbecue, but a court-appointed monitor that supervised all of Dulos’ parental visits, was at the New Canaan home that day."
The psychiatrist who examined Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, concluded he is ‘confident and gregarious’

Thank you @sleuth66. I'm pretty sure this is what I was remembering. Hmmm, the sources part of this leaves me unsure.

The Dulos case and what I think we have been following here now for 26 threads and nearly 4 months IMO represents the intersection of 3 adults (JD, FD, and MT), 3 (now 4 with the foreclosure action) complicated legal cases (Family Court, Civil Court and Criminal Court) and what appears to be the possible brutal murder of JD allegedly at the hands of FD and MT and any other player/s to be named later but that are not yet visible to us on WS.

The 5 children are victims as is JD.

In describing the involved individual suspects and the victim it is typical to look to physical characteristics, no different than what is found in a typical arrest warrant/missing persons report etc. Short, tall, fat, slim, bald etc. These comments are made to generally further conversation about the suspect/s and are factually based.

It wouldn't make much sense that I could see to alter a description because the possibility exists of someone reading a post here might have some hurt feelings or be upset or otherwise triggered and IMO this includes children who are not permitted on this site under the age of 18 so far as I know.

Would it make any sense to describe FD as 6 feet tall with a full head of hair and large hands and large feet? No, because its factually incorrect. FD is short and below avg male height of 5'9" in the US-I've referred to him as petite which I believe to be directionally correct as it relates to his height (below avg height for male in US IMO), baldish at the time of the first arrest, muscular build and largely devoid of body hair at the time of the first arrest.

Clearly the FD appearance changed over time and this has been avidly described here over the course of many threads because some believe that the appearance and shaved/Mr Clean look was intentional and somehow tied into the alleged FD crime. Suspect appearance is important and many POVs exist on FD appearance over time and this information can offer good insight into suspects which is why it is such a hot topic of debate. Its always a choice to join in or not on any ongoing debate such FD appearance!

This site is indexed to google but this fact is beyond our control as posters and to let this internet reach issue impact factually based posting on WS is something that makes little sense to me on any level and it would be absolutely counter productive too IMO to alter posts because of the overall reach of google.

Family Court has played a huge role in this case and has been the source of much information for discussion and great debate IMO. In many respects I personally wish Judge Heller had sealed the entire case file on the missing date and imposed a gag on all professionals associated with the Family Court case. Sadly this was not done and so we were left discussing some very personal and mostly unpleasant or upsetting aspects of people's lives who happened to be involved with this case. We also had to listen to comments from attorneys on that case that were not factually correct and this had to be discussed. We've had many discussions about DV as it relates to this case and this can be a trigger topic for some but it hasn't stopped discussion of the topic at all.

Not discussing family court information as it relates to this case would have left a huge hole in the overall puzzle of trying to figure out what happened to JD as it was probably something that consumed a good portion of her waking time in addition to raising 5 children largely as a single mother. The family court information is also critical IMO to understanding possible motive for harming JD, no different from the civil case and financial matters associated with FORE.

Many here feel deeply about Justice for JD and her 5 children and so are concerned about the future path of litigation in Family and Civil court whether that means litigation for wrongful death against FD and/or MT or termination of parental rights as a possible means to safeguard the future of children.

My point I think is that we don't really pick and choose topics based on the impact of the comments on the broader internet universe but rather follow the data that is available that relates to the case at hand and keep things moving. Google reach and possible underage readers are a fact of life which we cannot control but IMO it shouldn't control or censor comments made here either.

MOO

Last edited:
Thank you @afitzy for pointing out the differences in reporting Atty Bowman's statement on September 5, 2019 when MT was allowed the privilege of turning herself in after the release of AW2. So, in addition to admitting to lying on a recorded Aug 13 interview with LE, fabricating an alibi for FD during the morning of the murder, scripted in advance, MT helped FD coverup at the carwash AND MT joined FD on the Albany Avenue dump run of bloody evidence. IMO, for posterity sake, because I do believe Atty Bowman is thinking 10 years ahead when the video of his exact words will be replayed for law students, forensic science and criminal justice students, FBI trainees and others studying this very intricate game of poker, trying to piece together what exactly was known by the players (cards turned up) while making strategic decisions (deal or no deal) in the face of unknown evidence yet to be revealed (cards still hidden), this is what one of our best poker players was forced to say (and he never says anything during a game):

“We have a judicial system in this country, which is the foundation of our democracy. The most important parts of that system are the presumption of innocence and trial by jury, so I’d like you to remember that Michelle is presumed innocent and she should be,” Bowman said Thursday. “We are prepared to let judgement rest in a jury’s hands.”

MOO.
Fotis Dulos' Girlfriend Turns Herself In to Police
Thanks for tracking back this post!

I think your point is absolutely correct and so important. What I find so facinating about the longer quote is that I believe I watched a good amt. of the tv coverage and read the press reports of MT at Troop G and yet I didn't get the FULL BOWMAN QUOTE except from someone that brought it here to WS.

Its pretty incredible when you think about the press outlets that snipped Bowman's quote to save air time or page space and so his stmt seemed quick and uttered as he was getting into his car. He might have been walking to his car but the quote was well thought out and deserved IMO to be quoted in full.

I don't think Bowman did himself any favors with the Press here as the portion of the quote I saw had him moving and not standing still and taking command of the press mikes to make a statement. Perhaps it was a rough day in court for Atty Bowman and MT and he didn't want to stop to make a statement. IDK. He has been clear that it is his policy to not discuss ongoing cases, so the statement was a departure from his SOP which was interesting and newsworthy IMO.

MOO

The Dulos case and what I think we have been following here now for 26 threads and nearly 4 months IMO represents the intersection of 3 adults (JD, FD, and MT), 3 (now 4 with the foreclosure action) complicated legal cases (Family Court, Civil Court and Criminal Court) and what appears to be the possible brutal murder of JD allegedly at the hands of FD and MT and any other player/s to be named later but that are not yet visible to us on WS.

The 5 children are victims as is JD.

In describing the involved individual suspects and the victim it is typical to look to physical characteristics, no different than what is found in a typical arrest warrant/missing persons report etc. Short, tall, fat, slim, bald etc. These comments are made to generally further conversation about the suspect/s and are factually based.

It wouldn't make much sense that I could see to alter a description because the possibility exists of someone reading a post here might have some hurt feelings or be upset or otherwise triggered and IMO this includes children who are not permitted on this site under the age of 18 so far as I know.

Would it make any sense to describe FD as 6 feet tall with a full head of hair and large hands and large feet? No, because its factually incorrect. FD is short and below avg male height of 5'9" in the US-I've referred to him as petite which I believe to be directionally correct as it relates to his height (below avg height for male in US IMO), baldish at the time of the first arrest, muscular build and largely devoid of body hair at the time of the first arrest.

Clearly the FD appearance changed over time and this has been avidly described here over the course of many threads because some believe that the appearance and shaved/Mr Clean look was intentional and somehow tied into the alleged FD crime. Suspect appearance is important and many POVs exist on FD appearance over time and this information can offer good insight into suspects which is why it is such a hot topic of debate. Its always a choice to join in or not on any ongoing debate such FD appearance!

This site is indexed to google but this fact is beyond our control as posters and to let this internet reach issue impact factually based posting on WS is something that makes little sense to me on any level and it would be absolutely counter productive too IMO to alter posts because of the overall reach of google.

Family Court has played a huge role in this case and has been the source of much information for discussion and great debate IMO. In many respects I personally wish Judge Heller had sealed the entire case file on the missing date and imposed a gag on all professionals associated with the Family Court case. Sadly this was not done and so we were left discussing some very personal and mostly unpleasant or upsetting aspects of people's lives who happened to be involved with this case. We also had to listen to comments from attorneys on that case that were not factually correct and this had to be discussed. We've had many discussions about DV as it relates to this case and this can be a trigger topic for some but it hasn't stopped discussion of the topic at all.

Not discussing family court information as it relates to this case would have left a huge hole in the overall puzzle of trying to figure out what happened to JD as it was probably something that consumed a good portion of her waking time in addition to raising 5 children largely as a single mother. The family court information is also critical IMO to understanding possible motive for harming JD, no different from the civil case and financial matters associated with FORE.

Many here feel deeply about Justice for JD and her 5 children and so are concerned about the future path of litigation in Family and Civil court whether that means litigation for wrongful death against FD and/or MT or termination of parental rights as a possible means to safeguard the future of children.

My point I think is that we don't really pick and choose topics based on the impact of the comments on the broader internet universe but rather follow the data that is available that relates to the case at hand and keep things moving. Google reach and possible underage readers are a fact of life which we cannot control but IMO it shouldn't control or censor comments made here either.

MOO
That's as fine a post as we're going to see on this subject, Afitzy. Thank you for the time it took to address that for many of us.

So, two reasons FD could have been out on Silver Spring Rd on 6/25: either to look for a remote, cell-free spot to cut off his ankle monitor; or, to revisit the scene where he had been on may 24th. (I note the interesting timing, that this trip of his was the day they announced the search at MIRA had ended with nothing found).

Some of you have said here that murderers can't avoid revisiting the scene; he would have to be super stupid to revisit the scene when he was tracked by GPS, you think he would have learned from the Albany Ave mistake. So maybe this was to mislead. Nonetheless...

On the latter point, originally I timed it out using Google map and found it did not fit with the 47 minute time frame between Welles-Waveny-Merritt NC rest area, and found going out to Silver Spring Rd was at least 10 minutes longer than available time.

However, I made a misjudgment there and had him going RT from Waveny out to Silver Spring, and when I went back and re-did the route getting on the Merritt on the way back instead, it came up with 39 minutes RT. Add that to Welles-Waveny in 10 minutes, and it is very close to the elapsed time in AW2 between Welles-NB 15 NC rest stop (47 minutes). Especially if the neighbor webcam timer on Welles is off by a minute or two from the rest stop timer. So it's possible that he went out there after the body transfer on Lapham on the 24th.

The route I used on Google maps started at the parking lot inside Waveny Park (I could not get it set exactly on the Lapham Rd pullout, this is actually a bit further than the Lapham pullout so could account for 1-2 minute added time, making it even closer in time), then to an address on corner of Wilton Rd (exact address withheld for privacy, used for convenience only), South Salem NY, which is on the corner of Silver Spring and Wilton Rd/Vista Rd and a good spot for where the remote, no-houses section of Silver Spring/Laurel begins; then exactly to the NB 15 Mobil/Dunkin service station at NC. Total time it gives me is 39 minutes for that trip.
While parts of this road are bumpy, unpaved, the speed limit is 25 but you can speed at least 10-15mph over back there on the straight sections if you don't mind it too bumpy. He would be in the truck, so no problem. And no chance getting caught speeding back there, it's very remote almost like a private road. IMO.

This would mean that everything had to happen quickly, the body transfer at Lapham, the dump on Silver Spring, and back to the Merritt. He wouldn't even necessarily need to get all the way to East St where it crosses directly over the reservoir (plus the water level might have been too low then, not sure) because there are plenty of remote woods to put a body there before that. Certainly nobody would associate this area with FD in any way. Very wooded so home webcams not likely to catch cars on the road.

Someone who is local might want to go out there and see if starting at Lapham how far you can get up Silver Spring in 17-20 minutes, if you can get to the section past Wilton Rd/Vista Rd (Wilton Rd on NY side, Vista Rd on Wilton side). Use a truck or 4WD so you can speed on the bumpy part :)

Of course, if there is substantial blood in 80MS, that would mean the body was brought up there. I lean towards that being the case, but this scenario could be another option to account for the time gap after leaving Welles that morning.

MOO.
Here’s another option. Instead of making the round trip in JF’s Suburban from Lapham/Waveny wouldn’t it be more likely that FD would leave 69 Welles in JF’s Suburban and go directly to the Reservoir area? If you believe that the Reservoir/Silver Spring is a real option, Why go to Lapham from 69 Welles at 10:25? The video that was captured by the neighbor’s camera only displayed the JF’s Suburban leaving the cul de sac. Assume that he went from 69 Welles, to Brown Reservoir area first...... got rid of the body and then returned the Suburban to Lapham. He could switch vehicles relatively easily on Lapham with no concerns about moving the body from the JF’s Suburban to the Red Toyota. I clocked the drive from 69 Welles to Lapham at about 8 mins. By avoiding Lapham until he switched vehicles he could save 8-10 min off this alternative timeline. My guess is that he would have exited 69 Welles and taken a right towards town.

There might be other options of getting up to Brown/Silver Spring by going left onto Frogtown, but that would require him driving by NCCS (where JF’s vehicle was well known) and taking a right on Ponus Ridge , again driving by ANOTHER entrance to NCCS, and then weave your way up to Silver Spring/Brown’s Reservoir.

I think we would not have wanted to have JF’s Suburban anywhere near NCCS after the act was done. I just hope that JFs Suburban is equipped with a working Onstar system and all of the data is recorded so that LE knows EXACTLY where and when that car was driven on the morning of 5/24. JMO

That's as fine a post as we're going to see on this subject, Afitzy. Thank you for the time it took to address that for many of us.
Yes it is. A very fine statement.

One of my favorite parts:

(Snipped and BBM from @afitzy )

I can't believe this man will ever have access to his kids if he isn't arrested for Jennifer's murder soon. The thought is horrific.

I was a child in a very contentious New England divorce in the 2010s, and if my dad had done a fraction of what FD had done to my mom, I would never want to see him ever again.

Given OJ and Casey Anthony, anything is possible; however, in this unique case, I have to have faith that FD will be put away.
On a side note, I wonder how MT treated the Dulos children and what did they think of her? There are several pictures on the internet showing that she did interact with them, i.e., ski trips, and to what extent was the relationship with FD's kids. Perhaps MT was incredibly sweet to them as part of her plan to win over FD. Her daughter may have been like a step-sibling. I've never thought about the psychological impact of MT's role in the kids' life until now.

Welcome to Websleuths @nebulark

Thank you. Very, very powerful, especially when Ms. Luft spoke so movingly about her friend. The comments about Jennifer being in fear for her life were so sad. She did everything possible to protect herself and it still wasn't enough.

I can't help but feel that our legal system failed her. With the help of his lawyers, Dulos played the system for 2 years. If I were one of the many lawyers or so-called experts who emboldened Dulos' disregard for his legal responsibilities (and contempt for court orders), I would submit my resignation immediately. Each and every one of them contributed to this tragedy in some way, and that is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
Yes! I love this post so much because it is the right thing to do. His divorce lawyer really should have backed away with his arms up (wanting nothing more to do with this) upon hearing the news.

I really think it's a mistake to judge defense attorney's using NP as the example. And no, not all defense attorneys ignore police findings or throw shade.

I do think defense attorneys try to minimize the impact and importance of evidence that the police have collected-since the defense does not have to mount a case or put the defendant on the stand, how else are they to defend their client? You see it all the time-not just with NP.

What does everyone believe that the exams revealed?

That FD is extremely charming, and capable of luring people into his orbit with his charm. However, in spite of the defense assertion that it was favorable to FD (and so somehow detrimental to JD), I’m not buying what NP claims to be true. I think NP threw that term out there, knowing it would stick, but also knowing that it probably wouldn’t become public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly