Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video: Estranged Husband Says He Had Dinner With Missing Mom Two Days Before Her Disappearance

July 4, 2019

The estranged husband of New Canaan missing mother of five Jennifer Farber Dulos says he had dinner with her just two days before her disappearance in an interview with NBC News 4 New York's Sarah Wallace.

Fotis Dulos said he had an improved relationship with Jennifer Dulos before she disappeared without a trace on Friday, May 24.
Well, of course he did.

Just like Patrick Frazee had a pleasant evening with Kelsey the night before he murdered her.

It's easier to kill someone when it's unexpected. Imo

I will acquaint myself with this on the map, and drive it home on Monday on my way home from work on Monday.
Must write this on a Post-it!

I haven't noticed anything major recently and was working at home 9/24 and didn't then either - but it is so remote that I would never be aware unless there were at least 5 fire trucks with full sirens! I have Verizon and haven't personally noticed any cell service outages within the vicinity. However I will say that the area around East Road and the Reservoir is VERY remote, no houses, no passing cars for 5+ minutes on end and I would be very surprised if any cameras. It is just not a typical New Canaan (and New York) full bells and whistles neighborhood. It could be an absolutely beautiful walk but I remember not being comfortable going there on my own when I first moved to the area 16 years ago and to this day I counsel my teenage daughters that it is not safe for them to walk there alone either.

Here’s another option. Instead of making the round trip in JF’s Suburban from Lapham/Waveny wouldn’t it be more likely that FD would leave 69 Welles in JF’s Suburban and go directly to the Reservoir area? If you believe that the Reservoir/Silver Spring is a real option, Why go to Lapham from 69 Welles at 10:25? The video that was captured by the neighbor’s camera only displayed the JF’s Suburban leaving the cul de sac. Assume that he went from 69 Welles, to Brown Reservoir area first...... got rid of the body and then returned the Suburban to Lapham. He could switch vehicles relatively easily on Lapham with no concerns about moving the body from the JF’s Suburban to the Red Toyota. I clocked the drive from 69 Welles to Lapham at about 8 mins. By avoiding Lapham until he switched vehicles he could save 8-10 min off this alternative timeline. My guess is that he would have exited 69 Welles and taken a right towards town.

There might be other options of getting up to Brown/Silver Spring by going left onto Frogtown, but that would require him driving by NCCS (where JF’s vehicle was well known) and taking a right on Ponus Ridge , again driving by ANOTHER entrance to NCCS, and then weave your way up to Silver Spring/Brown’s Reservoir.

I think we would not have wanted to have JF’s Suburban anywhere near NCCS after the act was done. I just hope that JFs Suburban is equipped with a working Onstar system and all of the data is recorded so that LE knows EXACTLY where and when that car was driven on the morning of 5/24. JMO
AW2 says that JDs phone was tracked leaving Welles with the neighbors video cam of the Suburban leaving at 10;25, and then went directly to Waveny/Lapham where the red truck was parked. So I am assuming that LE has established that the Welles to Lapham trip at 10;25 in the Suburban and that JDs phone was in that vehicle is pretty fixed.
I do agree that it would have been quicker and more efficient, and likely safer from being seen, if he had gone from Welles directly to a more private spot such as Browns or Laurel reservoirs areas. But then he would be driving around in JDs car and as you say, risk being seen in that vehicle. And he would still need to return to Waveny to get the red truck. It was probably very normal for JDs vehicle to travel to Waveny in the morning to run at times so he chose that plan. But then the body transfer on Lapham? How could anyone think that’s a good idea? Is there an alternative for this?
The fact that he didn’t just quickly dash off to dispose of the body speaks to the incredibly premeditated nature of this crime. Clearly it was all planned out and executed according to a plan to deliberately mislead and deceive.

Here’s another option. Instead of making the round trip in JF’s Suburban from Lapham/Waveny wouldn’t it be more likely that FD would leave 69 Welles in JF’s Suburban and go directly to the Reservoir area? If you believe that the Reservoir/Silver Spring is a real option, Why go to Lapham from 69 Welles at 10:25? The video that was captured by the neighbor’s camera only displayed the JF’s Suburban leaving the cul de sac. Assume that he went from 69 Welles, to Brown Reservoir area first...... got rid of the body and then returned the Suburban to Lapham. He could switch vehicles relatively easily on Lapham with no concerns about moving the body from the JF’s Suburban to the Red Toyota. I clocked the drive from 69 Welles to Lapham at about 8 mins. By avoiding Lapham until he switched vehicles he could save 8-10 min off this alternative timeline. My guess is that he would have exited 69 Welles and taken a right towards town.

There might be other options of getting up to Brown/Silver Spring by going left onto Frogtown, but that would require him driving by NCCS (where JF’s vehicle was well known) and taking a right on Ponus Ridge , again driving by ANOTHER entrance to NCCS, and then weave your way up to Silver Spring/Brown’s Reservoir.

I think we would not have wanted to have JF’s Suburban anywhere near NCCS after the act was done. I just hope that JFs Suburban is equipped with a working Onstar system and all of the data is recorded so that LE knows EXACTLY where and when that car was driven on the morning of 5/24. JMO
I still have many questions about this as a viable option. Assume all of the above took place. How and why did the allegedly bloody rear cargo mat from the Suburban end up in near the dumpsters in Hartford/Albany Ave. Why wouldnt he have tossed the mat into the grave/disposal area down south along with the body? Also, how did the blood stains end up in the Toyota? Both of these points argue against a disposal in the NC area IMO

I live in the neighborhood and never knew about Mary Mount but can believe it. Very secluded private wooded area; definitely not typical New Canaan suburbia. Silver Spring Rd is a popular cut through but a dirt road - I believe on purpose to try to discourage through traffic. More than once I have heard gunfire at night (after 9pm - I assume illegal hunting) and called NC LE to report it but being right on the NY border it is hard to know if they are even going to be able to investigate wherever it is actually happening.
Correction: I went back and looked at the Mary Mount case. Her body was actually found in Wilton, CT at the South Norwalk Reservoir just off of Old Huckleberry Hill Rd by two high school students that were fishing. This road and area is 5.5 miles SSE of East St/Silver Spring roads near Browns Reservoir on the border between Wilton and New Canaan and even closer to Sturbridge 3.5 miles. They are very similar areas with the roads winding across the north sections of the reservoirs. There are pull off areas where people park to go fishing (prohibited) off the bridge or paths along the reservoir. Used to park there and sneak up to go swimming in Rock Lake (called it Hidden Lake as it was so remote). Not much vehicle traffic. Sorry for the error. Was 50 years ago in late May 1969, same time of year as JD.

Fitzy-I thought I read that M Meehan said FD told him he didn’t want to go into JD’s house that day because he didn’t want to leave any DNA, but I could be mistaken. It doesn’t really matter who it was, though-FD was with another adult who wasn’t JD, and the whole “dinner at 69 Welles” seems a little weird without JD’s presence. I don’t believe she was there, or at least, not actually having dinner with all of them (like maybe she was in a remote part of her house, giving him a chance to be a dad to his kids, without actually leaving). They were unlikely to have been on good terms with each other on that day, since the requests for financial disclosure had recently ramped up, and we know for a fact that he didn’t want to disclose, so they weren’t on super friendly terms, for sure.

I keep seeing things as fact, but I guess I'm not up on things because I am behind on this case. Can somebody bump up the media thread for me please, and other folks who may be coming in. Thank you in advance.

I've always wondered if that “I can have the Mafia break your dad’s legs with a baseball bat," comment was made by one of the older kids to FD to try to "scare" him into not stressing out mom so much. As in making up that mom made that statement.
Or, it's just FD spewing b.s.
MOO
Here is the follow on on this 'breaking legs comment' from Judge Heller. Its actually worse than BS from FD as Judge Heller believed he then pressured some of the children in the family to repeat it! MOO

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case
Quotes from article:

"In a March 1, 2018 memo on Jennifer Dulos’s second application for emergency custody, Heller found that “[t]here is no credible evidence to support the defendant’s claim that the plaintiff had hired a hit man to break his legs.”

“To the contrary, the evidence supports the conclusion that the defendant fabricated the charge,” and then pressured at least some of the children in the family to repeat it, Heller said. [BBM]

“During the hearing on the plaintiff’s application for an emergency ex parte order of custody, the defendant attempted to clarify his statement, explaining that he actually said the plaintiff could have hired someone from the Mafia to break his legs,” Heller wrote (court’s emphasis).

I will acquaint myself with this on the map, and drive it home on Monday on my way home from work on Monday.
Must write this on a Post-it!
Would anyone mind reposting the original post with map of Silver Spring? Looking at it on an old Hargstrom, and East Road/Lane doesn't even appear! And I get lost looking at Mapquest.

I still have many questions about this as a viable option. Assume all of the above took place. How and why did the allegedly bloody rear cargo mat from the Suburban end up in near the dumpsters in Hartford/Albany Ave. Why wouldnt he have tossed the mat into the grave/disposal area down south along with the body? Also, how did the blood stains end up in the Toyota? Both of these points argue against a disposal in the NC area IMO
I think the biggest detractor from the disposal near NC hypothesis is JDs bloody shirt and bra being found in Albany Ave trash. If disposal in NC, that would mean these items were most likely removed at Welles. Certainly not at the transfer site if on Lapham, and likely not even in the backwoods somewhere. Unless they were brightly colored and made camouflage like in a shallow burial or leaf cover difficult. But LE can’t have built their case solely on that, I would think.

The other issues, such as blood in the Tacoma, could still hold since her body would have been in the truck after transfer at Lapham (or perhaps elsewhere, with an accomplice). The mat and other trash might have been too hard to camouflage in the woods, if he only did a shallow burial or even propped the body up against a tree (which has been done recently in two other gruesome murders of this nature that have been in the news nationally, but again then why the shirt removed? To make it look like a sexual assault?). A pile of trash bags would be easily seen and lead to the body, and burying or camouflaging the bags and mat seems like it would be challenging if he’s also already contending with hiding the body. He didn’t have a backhoe or anything like that to do a big burial. And leaving the trash bags and mat with the body could give away his DNA evidence as well. So it could make sense for him to put the body down in NC area, and bring the trash to dump in Albany Ave.

In addition to the very suspicious nature of the Silver Spring Rd terrain and FDs knowledge and visiting of such a place, trying to pass it off as if Waze directed him there, it seems like a well devised “decoy” plan that includes staging the Suburban and JDs phone at Waveny would also include a plan to put the body down in that area somewhere. If FD thought he had alibis covered that he was in Farmington, then there would be a “closed loop” of evidence in NC area that excluded him.
By bringing the body back to Farmington, he put himself at extreme risk of being linked to the crime. Was he really so confident (in MIRA, perhaps) that no body or evidence would ever be found in Farmington area (or in Welles garage) so that LE would believe that JD just disappeared? This is the piece that keeps the possibility of disposal near NC in my mind.

In searching around for video discussion of the 23rd BBQ information I came across the video of FD initial bail hearing. I'm glad I watched it again because I believe (based on what we now know) that Pattis simply is going through the 'alibi script' in detail.

Reference to the BBQ starts with Atty Colangelo at about 9:18 of the video below. State references witness statements being made about the BBQ but that I can tell the names of the witnesses are never disclosed. FD does seem to frown when the issue of his DNA in the house was brought up by Atty Colangelo IMO. Colangelo says that FD did not go into the Welles house on the 23rd.

I find it facinating that even at this early date that Pattis was willing to put himself out on a limb to state that he could independently account for 'most' of FD time on the morning of the 24th. We don't yet know about all the various individuals involved in the 'alibi script' for FD and MT for the morning of the 24th, but it appears they might have not told the truth either IMO. But, if Pattis did what he described in Court, it seems like he/his people worked the information that FD gave them and the people involved didn't tell him the truth either so far as I could tell.

Worth a listen IMO to see how this case has evolved as the States huge efforts to put the puzzle together simply took time due to the complexity of the overall situation and the number of people that seemed to be involved. MOO

Last edited:
Would anyone mind reposting the original post with map of Silver Spring? Looking at it on an old Hargstrom, and East Road/Lane doesn't even appear! And I get lost looking at Mapquest.
If you’re planning to make a trip that way, you might want to use Google maps. There is an app but you can also just google search, google maps. You can put in destination addresses and it will pull up a map of that area and provide directions. Print it out or save it because cell service could be spotty back there. Definitely do not use an old Hagstrom map, that isn’t reliable. Be safe if you are going to do this, of course! We never know who has access to this site and is reading this and until this case gets settled, we know there is a whole crew of nefarious people involved. We also don’t want anyone getting lost!

FD was supposedly traveling to Sturbridge from Farmington. The story was that Waze rerouted him to NY as he tried to avoid some unknown traffic situation. I was trying to figure out was Waze even working if the cell phone service wasn't great. Then I was trying to see if it even made sense to reroute someone traveling down from 84 that might have been on Rt7 of Rt33 or Rt35 for example to Silver Spring Road to 'save time' due to traffic. Knowing that area and the road quality and drivability of Silver Spring, the idea that you would drive it in order to save time didn't make much sense on the surface IMO.

Silver Spring does pass through both CT and NY as it heads south into NC.

Google Maps

Here is a map of Silver Spring Rd/Wilton heading towards Sturbridge in NC:

Google Maps

You can just send these google maps to your phone and save them as the cell service is spotty in areas.

Fitzy-I thought I read that M Meehan said FD told him he didn’t want to go into JD’s house that day because he didn’t want to leave any DNA, but I could be mistaken. It doesn’t really matter who it was, though-FD was with another adult who wasn’t JD, and the whole “dinner at 69 Welles” seems a little weird without JD’s presence. I don’t believe she was there, or at least, not actually having dinner with all of them (like maybe she was in a remote part of her house, giving him a chance to be a dad to his kids, without actually leaving). They were unlikely to have been on good terms with each other on that day, since the requests for financial disclosure had recently ramped up, and we know for a fact that he didn’t want to disclose, so they weren’t on super friendly terms, for sure.
I've been looking for confirmation as to who exactly made the comment about FD not wanting to leave DNA at Welles but I cannot find it.

All I could find was the video that I posted below that Atty Colangelo mentioned that he had witness statements about the comment and that these witnesses were at the event at Welles on the 22nd/Wed before missing date. Atty Colangelo didn't mention any names of the witnesses at the court hearing.

But at least we are able to confirm that the event did occur and that the FD statement about the DNA being left in the house was made. The statement about Atty Colangelo also did not mention JD presence at the 22nd event. Perhaps there has been another statement on this topic that explains more details but I simply cannot find it.

MOO

Well, of course he did.

Just like Patrick Frazee had a pleasant evening with Kelsey the night before he murdered her.

It's easier to kill someone when it's unexpected. Imo
I agree. FD is a manipulative predator, and I don't think it was coincidence they were at a "truce," and had dinner together with the kids days before JD disappeared. MOO

SA account from the FD detour to NY:

Fotis Dulos sends message to kids, attorney claims Jennifer Dulos orchestrated ‘revenge suicide’

"As part of the conditions of their release on bail, Fotis Dulos and Troconis are required to remain in Connecticut and have been monitored by a GPS device. However, Fotis Dulos crossed the state line into New York on Monday. His attorneys said a driving app diverted him around a car accident onto a route that briefly took him into Westchester County".

“Apparently while traveling in western Connecticut, Mr. Dulos inadvertently crossed state lines on a country road,” Pattis said in a statement. “The court was informed. No one seems too concerned about it. Unfortunately, roads twist and turn, sometimes crossing state lines.”

"Crossing state lines could violate the conditions of Fotis Dulos’ release, and a judge could raise or revoke his bail.

I've been looking for confirmation as to who exactly made the comment about FD not wanting to leave DNA at Welles but I cannot find it.

All I could find was the video that I posted below that Atty Colangelo mentioned that he had witness statements about the comment and that these witnesses were at the event at Welles on the 22nd/Wed before missing date. Atty Colangelo didn't mention any names of the witnesses at the court hearing.

But at least we are able to confirm that the event did occur and that the FD statement about the DNA being left in the house was made. The statement about Atty Colangelo also did not mention JD presence at the 22nd event. Perhaps there has been another statement on this topic that explains more details but I simply cannot find it.

MOO
I can't link it but I know I read she wasn't there.
MOO.
ETA and I don't believe they had reached an amicable relationship.
He lies.
MOO.

In searching around for video discussion of the 23rd BBQ information I came across the video of FD initial bail hearing. I'm glad I watched it again because I believe (based on what we now know) that Pattis simply is going through the 'alibi script' in detail.

Reference to the BBQ starts with Atty Colangelo at about 9:18 of the video below. State references witness statements being made about the BBQ but that I can tell the names of the witnesses are never disclosed. FD does seem to frown when the issue of his DNA in the house was brought up by Atty Colangelo IMO. Colangelo says that FD did not go into the Welles house on the 23rd.

I find it facinating that even at this early date that Pattis was willing to put himself out on a limb to state that he could independently account for 'most' of FD time on the morning of the 24th. We don't yet know about all the various individuals involved in the 'alibi script' for FD and MT for the morning of the 24th, but it appears they might have not told the truth either IMO. But, if Pattis did what he described in Court, it seems like he/his people worked the information that FD gave them and the people involved didn't tell him the truth either so far as I could tell.

Worth a listen IMO to see how this case has evolved as the States huge efforts to put the puzzle together simply took time due to the complexity of the overall situation and the number of people that seemed to be involved. MOO

Thank you for pulling this @afitzy . It's interesting how nervous FD gets when NP is talking about the possibility of LE talking to the children. His eyes show panic IMO.

MOO
Am I the only one who thinks if, in fact, it's true that FD made the DNA comment, that that's a very odd comment to make? If I'm a guest at my soon-to-be-ex's home and they don't want me to enter the house, I might say, "I'm not allowed inside the house or _____ prefers I don't go inside .... so I'll just wait outside" or something similar but I honestly can't think of any scenario in which I'd reference my DNA. And if I was planning something sinister, I might think it but I especially wouldn't mention it because I wouldn't want anything I said to make it look like I was connected to the crime. This is why I doubt the veracity of the statement in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn