Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In searching around for video discussion of the 23rd BBQ information I came across the video of FD initial bail hearing. I'm glad I watched it again because I believe (based on what we now know) that Pattis simply is going through the 'alibi script' in detail.

Reference to the BBQ starts with Atty Colangelo at about 9:18 of the video below. State references witness statements being made about the BBQ but that I can tell the names of the witnesses are never disclosed. FD does seem to frown when the issue of his DNA in the house was brought up by Atty Colangelo IMO. Colangelo says that FD did not go into the Welles house on the 23rd.

I find it facinating that even at this early date that Pattis was willing to put himself out on a limb to state that he could independently account for 'most' of FD time on the morning of the 24th. We don't yet know about all the various individuals involved in the 'alibi script' for FD and MT for the morning of the 24th, but it appears they might have not told the truth either IMO. But, if Pattis did what he described in Court, it seems like he/his people worked the information that FD gave them and the people involved didn't tell him the truth either so far as I could tell.

Worth a listen IMO to see how this case has evolved as the States huge efforts to put the puzzle together simply took time due to the complexity of the overall situation and the number of people that seemed to be involved. MOO

Speedy Trial?! Oh, dear. That's comical. Thank you for posting the video. I'm new to the timeline, so this was key for me. So looking forward to Monday's hearing. Justice, Pleeeeze.

In searching around for video discussion of the 23rd BBQ information I came across the video of FD initial bail hearing. I'm glad I watched it again because I believe (based on what we now know) that Pattis simply is going through the 'alibi script' in detail.

Reference to the BBQ starts with Atty Colangelo at about 9:18 of the video below. State references witness statements being made about the BBQ but that I can tell the names of the witnesses are never disclosed. FD does seem to frown when the issue of his DNA in the house was brought up by Atty Colangelo IMO. Colangelo says that FD did not go into the Welles house on the 23rd.

I find it facinating that even at this early date that Pattis was willing to put himself out on a limb to state that he could independently account for 'most' of FD time on the morning of the 24th. We don't yet know about all the various individuals involved in the 'alibi script' for FD and MT for the morning of the 24th, but it appears they might have not told the truth either IMO. But, if Pattis did what he described in Court, it seems like he/his people worked the information that FD gave them and the people involved didn't tell him the truth either so far as I could tell.

Worth a listen IMO to see how this case has evolved as the States huge efforts to put the puzzle together simply took time due to the complexity of the overall situation and the number of people that seemed to be involved. MOO

It's really fascinating to watch this again.
FD's mind was reeling,IMO.
I got the sense he would look at NP like WOW some good excuses!
Also seemed to work to control his anger as he's searching his brain to figure out who said what.
NP looked his best that day.
Not so good today. Last time he looked frustrated and worn out.
MOO.

It's really fascinating to watch this again.
FD's mind was reeling,IMO.
I got the sense he would look at NP like WOW some good excuses!
Also seemed to work to control his anger as he's searching his brain to figure out who said what.
NP looked his best that day.
Not so good today. Last time he looked frustrated and worn out.
MOO.

It doesn't follow that FD would go on national TV and state that they dined together with the kids if it could be easily disproved.
On the event at Welles on Wed/22nd based on the video clip from court that I posted earlier I am willing to believe that FD was at Welles with his children on the 22nd as Atty Colangelo stated this to be a fact and stated also that there were witness statements taken. I can find no info to say JD was also present at this event but I will keep looking. Based on Pattis and FD past history with making statements that are not true for my timeline I cannot include a Pattis or FD statement about who exactly was at Welles on the 22nd.

IMO we have had now over 3 months of 'alibi list' statements filtering into the press from Pattis/FD and separating 'fact' from 'fiction' on many of these points has taken an incredible amount of time here in WS. The Pattis statements filtered all through the press too which makes the public timelines not immune from these issues as well which is really unfortunate IMO as some of them are very helpful otherwise.

Its an unfortunate situation all around but for my timeline I am sticking with AW1&2, Court documents, LE and Atty Colangelo statements only.

MOO

I think MT played the role of their dad's fun, cool girlfriend. She is athletic and loves outdoor activities, all fun and games and a credit card. She and FD are both risk takers and rule breakers with no sense of parental responsibility, so their time with the children was undoubtedly fun and exciting with no limits. Sort of like FD letting the children drive the Porsche SUV.

MOO
Poor Jennifer. All I can think about is how difficult it must have been being married to him. I’m sure she tried her best to excuse his behavior and make a happy home for her family. I know, she had everything money could buy and had an enviable lifestyle but when it comes right down to it, all she wanted was a loving husband and a good father for their children. Does anyone know how soon after they got married, she became pregnant?

It doesn't follow that FD would go on national TV and state that they dined together with the kids if it could be easily disproved.
On the surface I cannot disagree with you but with the 'Alibi Scripts' and how the info on the scripts was filtered from FD to Pattis who then proceeded to plaster it all over the worldwide media and in particular the HC, we have a major issue as it relates to FD/MT alibi in particular and certain aspects of the timeline in the early days of this case. One of the few blessings here is that Atty Bowman didn't jump on the Press bandwagon so we don't have comments from him to track back to 'official sources'.

The press exceptions I have accepted have related to direct quotes by the Press of actual court testimony or court documents. Atty Pattis or Rochlin or Murray 'interpretive statements' of courtroom events or documents are simply their opinions until we have a trial.

The more time I spend looking at the footage and press coverage of the early months of the case, it becomes clearer and clearer that the Press took Pattis comments as fact and with few exceptions did little to investigate on their own. This is my opinion only and is made after doing alot of reading and others might disagree and that is ok. Atty Colangelo has only spoken in court and the same for Atty Bowman (with the exception of his stmt about 'presumed innocence' for MT made outside Troop G at the time of the 2nd AW).

IMO FD had a vested interest to change the narrative about the status of his relationship with JD around the time she went missing. The reason for this is that the relationship status gets to the 'heart' of motive for her possible death IMO. People can chose to believe or not believe FD statements but for myself I will wait for trial and other witness statements before believing anything said by FD or any of the Pattisville attorneys. MOO and feel free to disagree, its totally ok!

The Sarah Wallace interview was absolutely perfect venue to make this narrative switch as you have a reporter that did zero IMO to corroborate anything FD said during the entire interview and simply so far as I can tell gave him a national/regional platform to say whatever he wanted to say. IMO, this was good for FD (bad for us as who knows if its the truth!) as the only person who could agree/disagree with the statements made was missing!

Did Sarah Wallace seek to reach out to the family to ask them for confirmation of anything in the 'interview', it doesn't appear so. Because the Wallace interview simply gave FD a platform to say what he wanted I'm not sure what if anything in it can be believed.

I would think that LE was all over the Wallace interview and worked to track back the statements and do all the work NBC IMO chose not to do. BUT, we have not yet heard from LE on the results of any of their investigation except what is contained in AW1 and 2 and the sparse public comments from NCPD Chief K and Spokesperson Foley for the CT State Police.

MOO

Last edited:
Poor Jennifer. All I can think about is how difficult it must have been being married to him. I’m sure she tried her best to excuse his behavior and make a happy home for her family. I know, she had everything money could buy and had an enviable lifestyle but when it comes right down to it, all she wanted was a loving husband and a good father for their children. Does anyone know how soon after they got married, she became pregnant?

I believe she was 35 when they married and she would have just turned 51 by now. Are the oldest twins still 13, or have they turned 14 yet?

I keep seeing things as fact, but I guess I'm not up on things because I am behind on this case. Can somebody bump up the media thread for me please, and other folks who may be coming in. Thank you in advance.
@dixiegirl1035, Welcome! If you would like a suggestion on 'where to start' with the timeline, there is a good start to one in the Media thread but its an evolving topic here. But to get a firm footing on the issues IMO the 2 AW's are probably the best place to start to put together the timeline discussion and see where people are focusing their inquiry here on WS. MOO

Ok! It’s CFB Saturday so I am a wee distracted. Same for the NFL tomorrow.

But the way I see it most of us WS’ers are divided up into different camps of thought regarding where JD may be found/remains even though this case hasn’t been classified as a murder investigation as of yet.

1. JD was disposed of in or near NC. Even near the CT/NY border. This means that either on May 24th this occurred between 10:25 am and 11:12 am when the TT was seen driving away from NC on Merritt Parkway and passing the NC rest area. Tacoma is then seen passing the Fairfield rest area at 11:25 am. And then at 11:40 am on Route 8, in Derby. Then at noon on Interstate 84, Waterbury and finally captured at 12:22 pm entering 80 Mountain Spring Road.
This theory dictates to me that her remains were dealt with between 10:25 am and 11:12 am. After that the Tacoma was headed like a laser to Farmington.
The caveat to this is that her remains were placed somewhere in that area initially and then moved sometime Later. Not sure when later is but we have heard FD possibly had an LE tail as soon as May 25th so sometime before 2:47 Pm on May 25th unless someone else moved the remains that is not FD.
2. Her remains were deposited sometime between 10:25am and 11:12am and not moved again. This could also be a dumpster close to the area.
3. Her remains were deposited sometime between 12:22pm and 4:30 pm on May 24th near Farmington or surrounding areas.
4. Her remains were deposited sometime after the EE left 80 Mountain Spring with his Tacoma (like 5:34 pm) and before 7:10 pm near Farmington OR Hartford or Avon areas.
5. Her remains were in the trashbags on Albany. And deposited between 7:10 pm and 7:41 pm. And did indeed go through MIRA.
6. Her remains were deposited sometime after 7:41 pm but before 8:10 pm somewhere near Hartford, Avon or Farmington areas.
7. Her remains were deposited after 8:10pm on May 24th but before 2:47 pm on May 25th.
8. Her remains were deposited sometime after 2:47 pm on May 25th.
9. JD is not missing at all. She is in hiding. Ala Gone Girl.
10. JD committed revenge suicide. Somewhere near NC.

9. And 10. Are clearly not my theories but as they have been posed by the defense I mention them. There maybe posters lurking who believe 9 or 10 but are afraid to post for fear of retribution.

Anywho my idea is that we all decide which of 1-10 is our best theory (closest to what we think is the most possible) and then work with other posters who believe similarly and share our ideas and then present our best possible theory and location based on that.

Because of the gag order until new charges are filed we have to sharpen our theories.

I freely admit to believing it’s 3 or 4. JMO ofcourse.

What do y’all think?

Am I the only one who thinks if, in fact, it's true that FD made the DNA comment, that that's a very odd comment to make? If I'm a guest at my soon-to-be-ex's home and they don't want me to enter the house, I might say, "I'm not allowed inside the house or _____ prefers I don't go inside .... so I'll just wait outside" or something similar but I honestly can't think of any scenario in which I'd reference my DNA. And if I was planning something sinister, I might think it but I especially wouldn't mention it because I wouldn't want anything I said to make it look like I was connected to the crime. This is why I doubt the veracity of the statement in the first place.
This FD statement was brought into the record in court but no details regarding witness statements etc. was provided to support the statement. So, I guess we will have to wait for trial to see how this one all plays out.

I do agree it was strange statement to make but its consistent to a similar statement made by FD and found in AW2 when talking about the Red Truck and why it was important for EE to remove the seat - FD was concerned that a JD hair might have been on the seat.

MOO

Pattisville and FD again seem fixated on the JD medical records and are coming back to court again to request the assistance of the court in gathering more information.

To say that this is concerning is an understatement. Starts at 1:10 in video.

I went back to when the original motion was made for court assistance on the medical records and it was denied.

What I found odd though was that Pattis says that he 'has come into possession' of JD medical bills from Anthem Blue Cross from Feb-April i/a/o $14,000.

So far as I can see, neither the Judge nor State's Atty questions how exactly FD/Pattisvile 'came into possession' of the medical bills. Did FD/Pattis obtain the JD bill by legal means? Are we to assume this due to the fact that the medical bills were discussed in court or not? It seems logical that JD would have requested that all her bills be sent to her address and if she were paying for her own insurance and medical bills (seems like this was likely given the Family Court testimony) and she was effectively 'on her own' for medical insurance for herself and children, then how would FD even have a copy of any bills? Some have speculated that JD medical bill might have been sent to 4Jx in error. But if the bill was sent to 4Jx in error and addressed to JD, does that entitle FD/Pattisville to open the envelope and read the contents? I don't think so. The letter if addressed to JD should have been stamped either return to sender or forward to JD Welles etc. The letter if addressed to JD singly IMO should not have been opened by FD.

I didn't understand how or why FD would be in possession of JD bills and if a bill was addressed to JD (we never see the bill or the envelope it came in during court) then how can this be used to attempt to gain information about confidential health information of someone who was then missing and by all accounts is now considered deceased?

Just listening to this entire discussion of the medical records in court it brought back flashbacks to the psych report that was allegedly 'stolen' by FD from his former atty and then taken and used by Pattis to talk with the press. In the video clip here, we see Pattis yet again speaking about the stolen psych report and he is doing this knowing its history and slyly characterizes the psych report while alluding to the fact that he cannot yet access that report for use in criminal court. Its frustrating to me that we don't see any objection to any of this Pattis chatter by the State or the Judge as IMO both parties know the status of the psych report is sealed.

Maybe the Judge is giving Pattis room to hang himself, IDK but its frustrating to see no real check on these Pattis statements in court. I also question the idea of someone's medical records being accessible if they are not present to grant their consent to review of the information by 3rd parties. Does this mean that any missing/presumed dead person has no right to privacy and that their entire medical history can be gotten by anyone that has a court order to do so?

The issue with the medical bill is back again in Criminal Court and I'm sure it will be back on the agenda at an upcoming hearing unless it is resolved in chambers.

MOO

Last edited:
Ok! It’s CFB Saturday so I am a wee distracted. Same for the NFL tomorrow.

But the way I see it most of us WS’ers are divided up into different camps of thought regarding where JD may be found/remains even though this case hasn’t been classified as a murder investigation as of yet.

1. JD was disposed of in or near NC. Even near the CT/NY border. This means that either on May 24th this occurred between 10:25 am and 11:12 am when the TT was seen driving away from NC on Merritt Parkway and passing the NC rest area. Tacoma is then seen passing the Fairfield rest area at 11:25 am. And then at 11:40 am on Route 8, in Derby. Then at noon on Interstate 84, Waterbury and finally captured at 12:22 pm entering 80 Mountain Spring Road.
This theory dictates to me that her remains were dealt with between 10:25 am and 11:12 am. After that the Tacoma was headed like a laser to Farmington.
The caveat to this is that her remains were placed somewhere in that area initially and then moved sometime Later. Not sure when later is but we have heard FD possibly had an LE tail as soon as May 25th so sometime before 2:47 Pm on May 25th unless someone else moved the remains that is not FD.
2. Her remains were deposited sometime between 10:25am and 11:12am and not moved again. This could also be a dumpster close to the area.
3. Her remains were deposited sometime between 12:22pm and 4:30 pm on May 24th near Farmington or surrounding areas.
4. Her remains were deposited sometime after the EE left 80 Mountain Spring with his Tacoma (like 5:34 pm) and before 7:10 pm near Farmington OR Hartford or Avon areas.
5. Her remains were in the trashbags on Albany. And deposited between 7:10 pm and 7:41 pm. And did indeed go through MIRA.
6. Her remains were deposited sometime after 7:41 pm but before 8:10 pm somewhere near Hartford, Avon or Farmington areas.
7. Her remains were deposited after 8:10pm on May 24th but before 2:47 pm on May 25th.
8. Her remains were deposited sometime after 2:47 pm on May 25th.
9. JD is not missing at all. She is in hiding. Ala Gone Girl.
10. JD committed revenge suicide. Somewhere near NC.

9. And 10. Are clearly not my theories but as they have been posed by the defense I mention them. There maybe posters lurking who believe 9 or 10 but are afraid to post for fear of retribution.

Anywho my idea is that we all decide which of 1-10 is our best theory (closest to what we think is the most possible) and then work with other posters who believe similarly and share our ideas and then present our best possible theory and location based on that.

Because of the gag order until new charges are filed we have to sharpen our theories.

I freely admit to believing it’s 3 or 4. JMO ofcourse.

What do y’all think?
Interesting. So you don't think she made it to MIRA?
I keep holding on to that.
Sticking with they are in no hurry to charge him as they are focusing on proving premeditation.
Hope so.
MOO.

It won't surprise me if it all boils down to investors and vendors demanding their money with an end date fixed in FD's mind.
Time to pay the piper, so to speak.

Maybe MT's family was even trying to convince her to take her daughter's child support dollars (and whatever funds they might be supplying) and run.

If you pay attention to the reasons men kill beyond jealousy and sex, being squeezed for money (with the only obvious solution being the death of the wife) is huge.

And why that date?
The holiday had to enter into it, don't you think?
The whole deal about having EE's vehicle?

As far as sleeping in her bed, let's hope that ankle bracelet reminds him every time he turns over that Jennifer got him!

ETA: EE's car availability.

I have to wonder if FO has life insurance on her listed in his name. He probably figured he would have to wait a few years to have her declared dead but had years of getting something from her trust for the kids and as surviving spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn