Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw video coverage of AB giving this statement in its entirety, and it appeared to me that he perhaps looked down, to consult his phone or a note, before he began. Whatever he looked down at was out of frame of the camera but I wondered.

I also wonder, does ABs statement that they are prepared to let a jury decide, further signal that cooperation has broken down? If MT was still cooperating and negotiations were still on the table would AB make a statement like that? Wouldn’t that be a very confusing signal to give to the state if there were ongoing, or MT wanted, further negotiations? I can’t believe that AB/MT have enough traction to play hardball with the state. Unless they’re angling for a better deal, don’t like the deal that’s on the table and are saying they’re not going to play any more and just risk their chances. The state needs MT, yes, but she has to come clean, and maybe her 3 strikes are up. I lean towards doomsday for MT.
MOO.
I can't help but wonder if AB and MT are on the same page? Seems like a disconnect here? JMO

Farmington does have trash pick up. That area is not really rural, it’s sur urban and there is regular trash pick up. There is also a transfer station where you can dispose of trash, leaves, recycling. I’m guessing too that, as a “contractor” he regularly dumped stuff in dumpsters elsewhere. I wonder if he had a transfer stati9n pass?
Yes, I am thinking in the houses he was doing construction in he might not have had pick up and therefore trash runs were not all that unusual for him. That is just my opinion and guess. I really don't know what his method of trash pick up was.

I suppose then, that GAL MM would be able to say whether or not it went this way, and he hasn’t said anything about this yet; he’s only said that FD told him he didn’t want to leave any DNA in her house. Which, to me, says that JD wasn’t home. If she was, and she invited him inside, he would enter, I think. Still, it does seem kind of strange for him (FD) to be having dinner with the 5 kids and the GAL at her house, outside-what if they needed something? Who goes in to get it-one of the kids? And I wonder how warm it was on May 22nd? Would they eat outside? Norm Pattis claimed that FD was inside the house that day (trying to explain away his DNA on her kitchen faucet-thereby minimizing the impact of the evidence found there). Only the GAL and the children really know if JD was there, having dinner with all of them.

since it is 2019, there is probably phone and text info about where they all planned to be and where they actually were on 5/22. BTW, do we know if FD ever saw the children without the court appointed monitor, even though that would not be proper?

^^SBM

I recall the issue of health insurance was a matter brought up in family court when JD alleged FD allowed their health insurance to lapse.

FD is a party to the family court case-- giving him some knowledge of matters before that court. This info may have been as simple as proof to the Court and Subscriber that coverage was reinstated.

At the time the court convened, Judge provided that counsel had met in chambers prior to hearing, and there seemed to be some knowledge by the court of motions to be discussed at hearing.

For the purpose of this discussion, we know there was valid insurance coverage for the period Feb - April 2019 by Anthem Blue Cross.

The issue of $14,000 of lab work was not a bill, but instead presented as services that were paid by Anthem Blue Cross. Also from the comments made in Court, it appears that defense was privy to a very limited EOB -- especially given that they could not even identify the provider of services from the information they viewed.

I think its most likely that FD obtained the insurance info either from his family court lawyer, or by accessing the Subscriber/ABC account online.

Given that current insurance plans are issued pursuant to ACA-- with the deductible limit "per family," I could see where FD viewed very limited information about lab work -- more specifically amount paid by ABC, for purpose of determining how much of the plan deductible met.

Nothing was challenged as illegal access regarding this motion. If so, that alone could be basis to deny motion!

What we know is that the court agreed with Prosecution that defense motion was based on speculation only, and motion denied for defense to receive additional explanation of the services covered for JD.

At this time, I believe the insurance inquiry a moot point.

MOO
Ok, @Seattle1 so are you saying that FD as a most likly participant in this family insurance plan had some limited access to the EOB information which had service dollar amounts, perhaps some service coding data, but not provider information?

The last motion which was denied was to gain provider information via going to Anthem BCBS in CT and then using that info to get to the names of JD doctors in NY. This motion was denied.

BUT, this entire issue of the JD medical records has now resurfaced with Pattis/FD and I'm trying to figure out what is different in this latest motion from the last one that was denied? What additional information could they now have that was not present at the time of the last motion?

I am also interested in whether or not Atty Colangelo or his staff confirmed that the access made by FD/Pattis to gain whatever information from the EOB that they have was legally done and that it wasn't done using JD access code or login for example?

Last edited:
So, here I am, literally threads behind. It bums me out to just pop in here and there, I miss WS! Many know I was here for the first many threads over summer but now I am back to work. I just did a very hard days work, physically and mentally, I am high level food service. I also just got really annoyed thinking about FD sweeping that porch with his stupid lone glove. This 'man' has nerves of steel, if you ask me. He doesn't know what a hard days work is.

This got me thinking...FD does NOT seem the type to do physical (job related) labor. His entire focus in life is self serving. Would he really dig a hole? I don't think so. I think his mind always goes to what he perceives is the easiest solution to the problem, whether the solution is right or wrong, that is what he will do. Thus, I think JD will be found in water. FD is a water guy, I think that is evident with the waterskiing. I really feel that he went for the easiest solution to the 'problem' and to him, that is water.

My opinion and random thoughts only...
I don’t think he dug a hole either. Great point. He always wants someone else to do the job. MOO MT knows much more.

I use a pillow in my car also because I'm short. But I wouldn't think a pillow would be used in that way from a house that was staged. That's my big reason for questioning it. I've always thought that furniture used for staging didn't belong to the property owner and was returned when the house was sold. MOO
This will throw you a curved ball because I had considered he used that to subdue her thinking she would go down easily.
MOO.

problem with the JD out jogging- "disappears" defense is that there is no way to explain the blood stained floor mat appearing elsewhere. No one jogs with a 4 x 9' bloody floor mat and bleeding on it and planting it some where for a Gone Girl scenario would be like a magic trick, IMO.
Ha! See, we haven't even discussed the role magic played in this.....and we call ourselves sleuthers! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reality check on this one! I watched the medical bill question 3x to see if there was any discussion about the provenance of the bills as it sounded either like a single bill covering a period of time or multiple bills.

Is there a different standard for introducing 'evidence' at a motion hearing or general court hearing vs. trial? But honestly IMO the entire discussion of those medical bills seemed a bit 'loosey goosey'! Neither the Judge nor States Atty asked where the bill/s came from and how they got into the hands of FD/Pattis. I almost wish CT had a victims advocate role as that individual could stand up for JD who unfortunately cannot stand up for herself on this entire matter of the medical records.

MOO
I agree. Awesome thinking! I absolutely think FD went through personal paperswhile he was there

The bags don't really bother me that much. I feel that it is quite reasonable to say that items related to JD's disappearance were but a small portion of what was in the bags. I am used to rural areas of the Eastern Shore and there simply is not trash pick up in certain areas and you have to take trash to a trash station. I do not know what the set up is in that part of CT, but he was doing new construction and probably was not paying for a trash pick up service. I have a feeling that trash dumping was a frequent thing for them. Only on this day they had a few sinister items to also discard.
So @SkylarSid , is your theory that FD/MT missed their normal Friday trash pickup in Farmington and so took their usual 4Jx household trash and mixed it with the cleanup items from Welles/80MS and/or body of JD and that was what we saw them disposing of on Albany Ave?

It almost seems like Pattis is trying to frame this as some sort of an intimate dinner.

One that would lend itself to FD having access to the house.

From what we have heard thus far, it seemed like an informal barbecue on the back patio.

I don’t for a second believe he set foot in that house, nor do I believe Jennifer would allow this.

I imagine they kept their distance, and merely kept up appearances for the kids.
While NP is framing this as an intimate dinner like you said, what is was is a supervised visitation. The judge ordered the supervised visits I think every Wednesday evening. Likely someone said, “ hey, let’s do it outside at the house,”

The bags don't really bother me that much. I feel that it is quite reasonable to say that items related to JD's disappearance were but a small portion of what was in the bags. I am used to rural areas of the Eastern Shore and there simply is not trash pick up in certain areas and you have to take trash to a trash station. I do not know what the set up is in that part of CT, but he was doing new construction and probably was not paying for a trash pick up service. I have a feeling that trash dumping was a frequent thing for them. Only on this day they had a few sinister items to also discard.
Maryland's Eastern Shore?
Whole different ball game.
MOO.

Ok, @Seattle1 so are you saying that FD as a most likly participant in this family insurance plan had some limited access to the EOB information which had service dollar amounts, perhaps some service coding data, but not provider information?

The last motion which was denied was to gain provider information via going to Anthem BCBS in CT and then using that info to get to the names of JD doctors in NY. This motion was denied.

BUT, this entire issue of the JD medical records has now resurfaced with Pattis/FD and I'm trying to figure out what is different from this latest motion from the last one that was denied? What additional information could they now have that was not present at the time of the last motion?

I am also interested in whether or not Atty Colangelo or his staff confirmed that the access made by FD/Pattis to gain whatever information from the EOB that they have was legally done and that it wasn't done using JD access code or login for example?
I think FD created an online account for JD
Using a password and PIN number of his own making , he was then Able to access
This “new information”.

Wasn't FD only allowed supervised visits with the children? If JD was in fact not present, hopefully the visitation supervisor will correct the record. Nonetheless, we know that JD was safe and sound on 5/22-23 and/or to the date she went missing.
YES. Supervision was required because the judge concluded that FD was telling/teaching his children to LIE to their mother!! And he did other things that the court said proved he was a threat to the mental well-being of children! He will make a nice “friend” to his new roomies in the only big house he will soon come to know!

Was it confirmed by LE that his visitation was at her house? It's so easy to pick up what NP or FD says (especially if parroted by the media) and then keep a fraction of it as truth, even if most - or all - of it was lies.

Supervised visitation is often done in a supervised visitation center with some sort of guard overseeing it. Perhaps they felt that it was easier with all the children to have it at her house, but I seriously doubt she'd be there or allow him to walk freely about the house. She didn't trust him.

I don't see info on a restraining order. Am I correct that there was none? If she had had one, she would not have been in the same house at the same time - but even without one, it's likely she wouldn't want to be there. Furthermore, it's entirely possible that the supervised visit parameters required her to NOT be there.
I remember way back for sure that this was indeed a supervised visit and either Atty Meehan was there or a social worker assigned to supervise. It wouldn’t be a guard.

I agree. Awesome thinking! I absolutely think FD went through personal paperswhile he was there
@Bulldogs, unfortunately @Seattle1 doesn't think its a bill but rather an EOB statement that Pattis was referring to in his statement. Pattis did refer to and EOB but I thought it was an EOB attached to a bill/invoice of some sort.

Even if its an EOB stmt, it isn't entirely clear to me whether FD was entitled to view it and I was concerned that his access to the medical information/EOB had not been fully vetted by the States Atty. The States Atty didn't question the FD access to whatever info he had during the court portion of the discussion and I wondered why this was the case? Did the atty's discuss this issue in chambers and the Judge said that he was ok with whatever info FD/Pattis had and that it could be brought into court? IDK. I'm just not sure we saw the entire discussion of this particular issue and so I was confused.

After the situation with the 'stolen' psych report by FD that was taken from his prior atty, I don't think anything can be assumed as FD and by extension Pattis have proven that there are few limits on their quest to 'win'.

MOO

I'm so sorry HFTB. I found the post I was referring to I think but there is no close up. I looked at the posts that were around that post and couldn't find it either. It was on pg 42 of thread 22.

I'm so sorry, I must have dreamed it or something. I'm going to keep looking but I'm doubting myself now.

So nice of you to try to help.
Don't give it a second thought!

The reason I too think Farmington is the neighbor who reported him coming from the woods with a shovel. Also MT walked with LE to the edge of the woods. What on Earth could he have been doing - planting Christmas trees? He just doesn't seem the type to be moving plants in the woods and that is the only thing I can think of what you would be doing in the woods with a shovel. Unless, of course, you're burying your wife!
That neighbor better get outta there

This trash pickup option question is interesting. I don't think FD normally thinks for 2 seconds about trash pickup. I agree with other comments here that FD takes the easiest path possible. IMO he would leave his household trash at the curb in Farmington for Town pickup and in NC he had a dumpster at Sturbridge and most likely had access to NC Transfer Station.

FD had multiple houses in Farmington which has established Town curbside pickup service (think the pickup dates for 4Jx and 80 MS were Thur and Fri but we researched this and posted the map in a prior thread), then he owned property in NC and so had full access to NC Transfer Station which is a full service drop off operation. NC Transfer station was open on Fri before Memorial day and closed at its usual time.

We don't know the timing of the curbside pickup in Farmington, but FD could have left garbage for pickup at the house that had Friday pickup if he got back in time from NC. Maybe he had to go to Albany because the trash had already been picked up in Farmington?

We also know that FD had a large red commerical dumpster available to him at his Strurbridge House in NC.

Then as others have pointed out there are open dumpsters available as you are driving on the Merritt at the Rest Stations (probably have cameras but uncertain about this).

NC, unlike other area towns, makes dumpsters available in Waveny and has trash disposal available at Irwin Park. Additionally NC Schools do not usually lock their dumpsters so these are available as well but most have cameras. We don't know where in Farmington there might have been open/unlocked dumpsters.

FD had lots of trash disposal options without much thought and yet he still went to Albany Avenue.

MOO
Which tells us he gave it some thought.
He's dumb but is he dumb enough to dispose of his handiwork in his own garbage cans in the suburbs?
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member