Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Dulos disappearance: Warning signs in the custody battle

This is a good article to remind/introduce so much of what JD openly told others/the courts about FD. I cannot imagine the things that she possibly internalized but never spoke about. I didn’t know JD stated that FD tried to hit her with a vehicle. It is in this article.

I think FD created an online account for JD
Using a password and PIN number of his own making , he was then Able to access
This “new information”.
IMO if he hypothetically did this and he wasn't entitled to the information using his own login, then I am not getting why he was allowed to bring the request into the courtroom?

Perhaps we have to wait for court to put this puzzle together as its not making sense to me at all.
MOO

So @SkylarSid , is your theory that FD/MT missed their normal Friday trash pickup in Farmington and so took their usual 4Jx household trash and mixed it with the cleanup items from Welles/80MS and/or body of JD and that was what we saw them disposing of on Albany Ave?
I just consider it a possibility since I am familiar with this kind of routine. And I can picture it - FD didn't do real work, he just showed up on the job sites and maybe one of the tasks he did do was to dispose of the trash at that sites in bins around town. He couldn't very well expect that of his craftsmen. They came to the site to do a job, they created trash, and somehow it has to go away. If the trash collection wasn't set up and paid for, someone has to take it away.

^^SBM

I recall the issue of health insurance was a matter brought up in family court when JD alleged FD allowed their health insurance to lapse.

FD is a party to the family court case-- giving him some knowledge of matters before that court. This info may have been as simple as proof to the Court and Subscriber that coverage was reinstated.

At the time the court convened, Judge provided that counsel had met in chambers prior to hearing, and there seemed to be some knowledge by the court of motions to be discussed at hearing.

For the purpose of this discussion, we know there was valid insurance coverage for the period Feb - April 2019 by Anthem Blue Cross.

The issue of $14,000 of lab work was not a bill, but instead presented as services that were paid by Anthem Blue Cross. Also from the comments made in Court, it appears that defense was privy to a very limited EOB -- especially given that they could not even identify the provider of services from the information they viewed.

I think its most likely that FD obtained the insurance info either from his family court lawyer, or by accessing the Subscriber/ABC account online.

Given that current insurance plans are issued pursuant to ACA-- with the deductible limit "per family," I could see where FD viewed very limited information about lab work -- more specifically amount paid by ABC, for purpose of determining how much of the plan deductible met.

Nothing was challenged as illegal access regarding this motion. If so, that alone could be basis to deny motion!

What we know is that the court agreed with Prosecution that defense motion was based on speculation only, and motion denied for defense to receive additional explanation of the services covered for JD.

At this time, I believe the insurance inquiry a moot point.

MOO

I don't think he'd be able to get her health info from a lawyer, or even from the website. The way health info is now, only the individual can get the information from the insurance website - even if on a family plan - unless given explicit permission by the individual, which I'm sure he didn't have.

The video posted a few pages back by @afitzy makes it clear it was newly obtained by FD/NP, and when NP refers to Family court it makes it sound like he was NOT able to get the same info from them (though I couldn't hear all of it as well as I'd like). He even admits he doesn't know what the coding is for - which shows he didn't seem to have access to it from the website where it might explain all that.

The insurance paperwork conveniently popped out after her murder.

It seems most reasonable to me that he stole the health paperwork from her house on the morning of the murder. That's what took him longer, along with cleaning up.

I assume LE went through her desk/papers for fingerprints, but then again, he probably wore gloves.

edit: part about video

Last edited:
I see this mail crime happening more and more. I have lived in two different states in 5 years and happened in both. Both were near major cities. In one city the police are not investigating break ins anymore,
, so people’s cars and homes are getting robbed and nothing is done about it. I know this sounds impossible but it is true. I read it in the city news there in several places and statistics prove it.
Sad but true.

I just consider it a possibility since I am familiar with this kind of routine. And I can picture it - FD didn't do real work, he just showed up on the job sites and maybe one of the tasks he did do was to dispose of the trash at that sites in bins around town. He couldn't very well expect that of his craftsmen. They came to the site to do a job, they created trash, and somehow it has to go away. If the trash collection wasn't set up and paid for, someone has to take it away.
FD had a dumpster of his own! Big red dumpster at Sturbridge property in NC, access most likely to Transfer Station in NC and street pickup in Farmington 2x a week. FD IMO was not driving his $50,000 Ford 150 Raptor 60+ miles from Farmington to NC to pick up and toss out trash to save a few bucks. MOO

FD had a dumpster of his own! Big red dumpster at Sturbridge property in NC, access most likely to Transfer Station in NC and street pickup in Farmington 2x a week. FD IMO was not driving his $50,000 Ford 150 Raptor 60+ miles from Farmington to NC to pick up and toss out trash to save a few bucks. MOO
Well I guess he had "sensitive items" he didn't want to go into his big red dumpster. There you go..., but he did demonstrate he knew how to get rid of "trash" on a Friday night outing with his paramour!

Pattisville and FD again seem fixated on the JD medical records and are coming back to court again to request the assistance of the court in gathering more information.

To say that this is concerning is an understatement. Starts at 1:10 in video.

I went back to when the original motion was made for court assistance on the medical records and it was denied.

What I found odd though was that Pattis says that he 'has come into possession' of JD medical bills from Anthem Blue Cross from Feb-April i/a/o $14,000.

So far as I can see, neither the Judge nor State's Atty questions how exactly FD/Pattisvile 'came into possession' of the medical bills. Did FD/Pattis obtain the JD bill by legal means? Are we to assume this due to the fact that the medical bills were discussed in court or not? It seems logical that JD would have requested that all her bills be sent to her address and if she were paying for her own insurance and medical bills (seems like this was likely given the Family Court testimony) and she was effectively 'on her own' for medical insurance for herself and children, then how would FD even have a copy of any bills? Some have speculated that JD medical bill might have been sent to 4Jx in error. But if the bill was sent to 4Jx in error and addressed to JD, does that entitle FD/Pattisville to open the envelope and read the contents? I don't think so. The letter if addressed to JD should have been stamped either return to sender or forward to JD Welles etc. The letter if addressed to JD singly IMO should not have been opened by FD.

I didn't understand how or why FD would be in possession of JD bills and if a bill was addressed to JD (we never see the bill or the envelope it came in during court) then how can this be used to attempt to gain information about confidential health information of someone who was then missing and by all accounts is now considered deceased?

Just listening to this entire discussion of the medical records in court it brought back flashbacks to the psych report that was allegedly 'stolen' by FD from his former atty and then taken and used by Pattis to talk with the press. In the video clip here, we see Pattis yet again speaking about the stolen psych report and he is doing this knowing its history and slyly characterizes the psych report while alluding to the fact that he cannot yet access that report for use in criminal court. Its frustrating to me that we don't see any objection to any of this Pattis chatter by the State or the Judge as IMO both parties know the status of the psych report is sealed.

Maybe the Judge is giving Pattis room to hang himself, IDK but its frustrating to see no real check on these Pattis statements in court. I also question the idea of someone's medical records being accessible if they are not present to grant their consent to review of the information by 3rd parties. Does this mean that any missing/presumed dead person has no right to privacy and that their entire medical history can be gotten by anyone that has a court order to do so?

The issue with the medical bill is back again in Criminal Court and I'm sure it will be back on the agenda at an upcoming hearing unless it is resolved in chambers.

MOO

Thanks for the review, I did not know that they are looking to suppress the phone data saying they didn't have a warrant for it so all information and the fruits of it should be suppressed.

BTW, Dulos really needs a manicure, what happened to his fingernails?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-205948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-205948_Chrome.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30
I don't think he'd be able to get her health info from a lawyer, or even from the website. The way health info is now, only the individual can get the information from the insurance website - even if on a family plan - unless given explicit permission by the individual, which I'm sure he didn't have.

It seems most reasonable to me that he stole the health paperwork from her house on the morning of the murder. That's what took him longer, along with cleaning up.

I assume LE went through her desk/papers for fingerprints, but then again, he probably wore gloves.
I would “think” Pattis would need to disclose to the Judge the trail that led to this “new” information .
On the flip side, the prosecution should be outraged and demand in Court that Pattis reveal how he and FD came into possession of any of JD’s paperwork . It’s not as innocent as just a “fishing expedition” by the Defense it’s More than that .. it’s flat out fraud and theft.

IMO if he hypothetically did this and he wasn't entitled to the information using his own login, then I am not getting why he was allowed to bring the request into the courtroom?

Perhaps we have to wait for court to put this puzzle together as its not making sense to me at all.
MOO

The information defense obtained and presented to prosecution and court was minimal, limited to lab fees paid by ABC at best -- and obviously why defense wanted court to intervene and provide additional and/or full details.

If they had details, the motion would not be necessary.

I have no doubt defense advised how/ what information they obtained in chambers prior to hearing, or Prosecutor would have objected in open court (If we find it objectionable -- Prosecutor wouldn't be silent)!

Don't forget, FD's a party to the family court matter, and anything presented there is shared with both sides.

MOO

I would “think” Pattis would need to disclose to the Judge the trail that led to this “new” information .
On the flip side, the prosecution should be outraged and demand in Court that Pattis reveal how he and FD came into possession of any of JD’s paperwork . It’s not as innocent as just a “fishing expedition” by the Defense it’s More than that .. it’s flat out fraud and theft.
Exactly -- and most likely discussed in chambers prior to hearing. Judge already provided they met in chambers prior to hearing .

I see no legal way for FD to possess and open those statements/bills. Even if it was addressed to JD at 4JX. And I doubt that it was addressed that way. My hunch is that he took a stack of personal papers out of her house when he was there, killing her, abd sorted through some of it with NP-and that statement is what NP decided was something that they could use for FD’s defense. But, MOO!! When is someone official going to ask where they came into possession of such a thing? Are we the only people who’ve thought of it?

is there any possibility that he, as a husband/parent was listed somewhere as an emergency contact or as a co-owner of the house and some medical bill collection service just sent him the bill? they were not legally divorced, so maybe some database never got updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx