Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the charges had been paid by Athem Blue Cross, I doubt there was an invoice and/or bill mailed to JD. MOO

I have ABC and don't get a bill, but I do get a summary of the charge and the amount insurance paid. If there are costs above the amount insurance covers, it is indicated on this summary. Then, I will get a billing from the medical facility or doctor.

Last edited:
BUT, this entire issue of the JD medical records has now resurfaced with Pattis/FD and I'm trying to figure out what is different in this latest motion from the last one that was denied? What additional information could they now have that was not present at the time of the last motion?

^^sbm

NP made the motion for in-court camera review of JD's medical records for a variety of bogus claims including that he didn't have to take the arrest warrants at face value, and that the State had given them zero information to support their allegations against FD.

He tried to convince the court that he was entitled to something -- to develop an alternative theory.

NP stated defense came into possession of $14,000 tests, and "received them as items having been paid by Anthem Blue Cross." (NP even tried to hint that JD was pregnant -- throwing in possible reproductive tests)!

Judge denied the motion, stating defense did not sufficiently show any basis for inspecting JD's medical records.

As to your question why are they bringing up medical information again since last denial, I believe it's based on the following:

After motion was denied, NP told the court that he wanted the motion dismissed without prejudice as he vowed to bring it up again -- renew the motion-- if the Court Study in family court surfaced (sealed and no access). NP stated he was not at liberty to put this info on the record, "reiterate what I discussed in Chambers." Judge agreed to deny motion without prejudice.

On Sept 20, family court judge tossed psych report that favored FD, and ordered the court appointed psychiatrist testimony stricken from the record, and court study report remained sealed. Violation subject to sanctions.

If NP is bringing up medical records again -- I can only surmise that he's using his same argument that he has nothing from the State to work with, family court report sealed, and defense entitled to discover medical evidence to support alternate theory. In all his drama -- NP renewing "he won't idly sit by."

In other words, it was expected NP would renew request to inspect JD's medical records.

I take it as the same attempt by defense to fish for info.

MOO

ETA: Jennifer Dulos divorce: Judge tosses psych exam that favored Fotis Dulos

Last edited:
^^sbm

NP made the motion for in-court camera review of JD's medical records for a variety of bogus claims including that he didn't have to take the arrest warrants at face value, and that the State had given them zero information to support their allegations against FD.

He tried to convince the court that he was entitled to something -- to develop an alternative theory.

NP stated defense came into possession of $14,000 tests, and "received them as items having been paid by Anthem Blue Cross." (NP even tried to hint that JD was pregnant -- throwing in possible reproductive tests)!

Judge denied the motion, stating defense did not sufficiently show any basis for inspecting JD's medical records.

As to your question why are they bringing up medical information again since last denial, I believe it's based on the following:

After motion was denied, NP told the court that he wanted the motion dismissed without prejudice as he vowed to bring it up again -- renew the motion-- if the Court Study in family court surfaced (sealed and no access). NP stated he was not at liberty to put this info on the record, "reiterate what I discussed in Chambers." Judge agreed to deny motion without prejudice.

On Sept 20, family court judge tossed psych report that favored FD, and ordered the court appointed psychiatrist testimony stricken from the record, and court study report remained sealed. Violation subject to sanctions.

If NP is bringing up medical records again -- I can only surmise that he's using his same argument that he has nothing from the State to work with, family court report sealed, and defense entitled to discover medical evidence to support alternate theory. In all his drama -- NP renewing "he won't idly sit by."

In other words, it was expected NP would renew request to inspect JD's medical records.

MOO

^^sbm

MOO

Is anyone else other than NP saying "On Sept 20, family court judge tossed psych report that favored FD"

If they are sealed, and he knows they are sealed, could he just blurt out that the report favored FD, and that is not correct. Where else are we seeing that it favored FD?

I just got finished reading the short manual on the very high tech bracelets being worn by MT and FD.

These bracelets have the capability of real time satellite GPS tracking and monitoring of the person out on parole.

With all this high tech tracking, I'm wondering why then its taking so long to figure out that MT had returned to CT after 1 day in NY and FD isn't charging his bracelet?

All I have to say after reading the manual is that the issue IMO we are dealing with has ZERO to do with the device technology as its equipped to do exactly what needs to be done and MORE!

We must be seeing some kind of 'system error' that seems to befall the State of CT bureaucracy in getting basic information from Pt A to Pt B to Pt C. I'm curious if the Parole staff are empowered to do anything or if all decisions have to come back to the court? It appears all the FD tracking data is online so how hard can it be for someone in a decision making capacity to review the data and decide the appropriate time to impose punishment for non compliance? What is going on with communication between Parole and States Atty Office and the Judge?

The facinating thing I learned about the bracelet is that Judge Blawie I believe has any number of options available to restrict the movements of FD. If the model is the same one as the manual I read, its possible to set a 7 day schedule for FD and either restrict him to a specific location (eg. house arrest) or possibly multiple locations on a set schedule or only allow him to leave the house during certain hours (daylight for instance). The bracelet also allows for geographic restrictions too which offers some interesting restriction options as well.

Knowing what we know about FD 'love' of rules and restrictions the imposition of a 7 day schedule bracelet schedule with precisely 1 hour of time available outside of 4Jx for a period of 2 months might just be an interesting experiment for the State to test FD commitment to freedom IMO. This has to be done with a perfect charging schedule as well and no 'side trips' to NY!

It was encouraging to see the various options available to monitor and restrict the movements of FD and other dangerous people that have been released. I did not unfortunately see any option on the device to 'shock' or 'stun' the device wearer that is not in compliance. There probably are some pesky constitutional issues with using a bracelet as a weapon on a person out on parole that are above my pay grade.

Personally IMO if someone can't figure out how to charge their device and doesn't appreciate their freedom then its hard to argue that they belong anyplace else other than BPT jail. But, Judge Blawie can also 'lock down' FD via the bracelet options if he doesn't want to put FD back in jail and perhaps this might be an adequate 'wake up' call for FD? Doubt it.

MOO

Is it possible that LE preferred to ‘allow’ FD some freedom of movement (with a tail, of course), in the hope he would lead them to more evidence/a body?

FD appearance in court isn't casual maintenance as NP would like all to believe. He's been ordered to appear due to violations -- 4 times in past month. Wouldn't it be great if Judge Balwie ordered FD back to jail for failure to comply-- like thousands of his fellow defendants do. Oh wait - he's special...:rolleyes:

Judge orders Fotis Dulos to appear in court for GPS monitoring issues

STAMFORD — The estranged husband of missing mother Jennifer Dulos has been ordered to appear in court Monday to address possible issues with his GPS monitoring system, the legal team for Fotis Dulos confirmed to Hearst Connecticut Media Wednesday night.

Judge John Balwie has scheduled a 2 p.m. hearing for Monday after probation officials raised concerns that Fotis Dulos was not properly recharging the batteries on his GPS monitoring system, his legal team said Wednesday. The problem has apparently happened four times in the past month.

Poor Jennifer. All I can think about is how difficult it must have been being married to him. I’m sure she tried her best to excuse his behavior and make a happy home for her family. I know, she had everything money could buy and had an enviable lifestyle but when it comes right down to it, all she wanted was a loving husband and a good father for their children. Does anyone know how soon after they got married, she became pregnant?

I don't know when their first child born but I do know that FD & JD had a 17+- year history before marrying (1987 - 2004)-- having first met at Brown University as undergraduates. After graduation, their paths would often cross, but it was about 17 years later that they married (within months of his divorce).

Chemistry and calm, then loneliness and turbulence in the marriage of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos

Did LE keep EE's Tacoma?
Can you imagine having to drive that vehicle knowing where it had likely been (and done)?:(
I am starting to think maybe she didn’t? I mean LE spent a ton of time there looking for evidence. So possibly they felt it was credible enough? Or maybe just looking for any evidence and not just remains. That’s what I am starting to think now.

So I’m going with Farmington area or close by to Farmington. So I’m definitely 3 or 4. It’s just the timeline aspect of it. For me. Where were the bags kept prior to EE arriving to get his truck?
On the ground somewhere?
FD was cleaning the truck with paper towels prior to EE showing up. FD and MT tried shenanigans to get EE to take the Raptor and leave the Tacoma with them so the bags weren’t yet in the Raptor.
Were the bags in the house? Were they on the ground? In a shed?

Where were the bags between the Tacoma cleanup and being placed in the bed of the Raptor before the trashbin odyssey of stupidity?

The problem I see with EE being involved with moving the bags is that the original tampering warrant described the bags as being stained with a substance resembling blood. If it was that evident on a security video, I would think EE would have been freaked.

This entire issue of the movement of the vehicles between 4Jx and 80Ms is important as you point out! Its also tricky to do this now as I don't believe AW2 provides sufficient information to answer the question of which vehicles were brought by whom to which location and when were they returned to 4Jx? Reading AW2 I'm not even convinced I can answer the question of how FD got to 80MS and ditto for MT! We see evidence that its possible that people are moving between the locations but IMO its not always clear how they are doing so.

AW2 states that FD sent a text to EE asking when he would return to the 'office' - took this to mean 4Jx where the office is located. EE said 4:30pm We don't have any information about EE so far as I can tell from AW2 other than he is returning around 4:30pm. The AW2 shows EE showing up at 4Jx and looking for FD but not seeing him. EE next 'pops up' at 80MS and we have no idea why he decided to go there so far as I can tell. Did he text or call FD and ditto for MT?

FD knew EE was returning at around 4:30pm so IMO had to figure out some way to move the bags. DId he simply leave them in the Red Truck and explain them away by saying that 'MT and I were cleaning up here and we have a few bags of trash"? IDK. Did FD then ask EE to remove the bags from the Red Truck and perhaps put them into another vehicle such as the Raptor? Did FD make this bag transfer request possibly to set up EE? IDK.

OR, did FD remove the bags from the Red Truck and place them inside 80MS away from the view of EE? Again, IDK.

We saw in AW2 that FD tossed a dirty towel to MT. Did he do this to get her DNA on the towel and further complicate the entire issue of cleaning the Red Truck?

IMO FD seemed well aware of DNA issues and I really do wonder if he wanted to get as many people (other than himself) involved with the clean up items to make it very difficult for LE to figure out what actually happened and who was responsible for what on the 24th and after in terms of clean up?

MOO

Judge: Fotis Dulos must reveal how Norm Pattis is being paid
Fotis Dulos will not have to undergo an extensive review of his Fore Group finances, but he won’t be able to avoid disclosing how he’s paying his criminal defense attorney and private investigator.
A Hartford judge issued several rulings last week in Gloria Farber’s $2.5 million lawsuit against her son-in-law, who was also ordered to reveal how much he was reimbursed by his company for business expenses.
Attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuit, fought to conceal the funding source and how much criminal defense attorney Norm Pattis and private investigator Patrick McKenna are being paid.
Hartford Superior Court Judge Cesar Noble hasn’t ruled on Pattis’ motions. But the judge did submit several orders last week on outstanding motions, including Murray’s objection to providing a host of financial information to Farber’s attorney, Richard Weinstein.

Noble declined to require an intense financial review of the books of the Fore Group, the high-end real estate development company owned by Fotis Dulos. However, Noble sided with Weinstein in several other rulings, requiring Fotis Dulos to reveal the financial information related to Pattis and McKenna.

Fotis Dulos will also have to supply financial affidavits furnished for his divorce, which was proceeding when Jennifer Dulos disappeared on May 24, an accounting of how much and for what he was reimbursed by the Fore Group for business expenses and any documents given to Pattis related to his Fidelity retirement account.

His former civil attorney, David Markowitz, will also have to appear at a deposition in the lawsuits and supply three years of financial information related to the Fore Group, according to the orders. Like Pattis, Markowitz was seeking to quash a subpoena requiring him to attend a deposition and provide financial information related to Fotis Dulos’ dealings.

Markowitz will have until Oct. 7 to comply with the subpoena, which includes supplying financial information for 2017 to 2019, Noble said in the order.

Weinstein has skewered Fotis Dulos in repeated court filings in recent weeks, alleging financial wrongdoing as police continue to search for Jennifer Dulos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx