Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCBS New York spoke with Greece Reporter -- appears that NP was present during interview...

Oct 1, 2019

Fotis Dulos granted an interview with a magazine in Greece, Proto Thema, which is a news weekly and website in Athens where Fotis was raised.

[...]

He couldn't answer all the questions. He spoke with his lawyer several times." bbm

A gag order bans both sides from commenting on "the character of a party, victim, or witness,” therefore Dulos’ attorney said the interview was not a violation of that order.

In a statement, Attorney Norm Pattis said "The order bars comment on the credibility of the victim. Jennifer is not the victim of any crime charged. Press is also leaping to the conclusion that commenting on a person’s psychological problem is a comment on credibility — in any other context, folks would say this amounted to a form of shaming of those who suffer psychological problems. Fotis can’t catch a break: Press jumping on this as a violation of the order. It’s just not."

Estranged husband of missing mom speaks to Greek magazine | News | wfsb.com
He is just begging to be sanctioned. This guy should have his licensed suspended.

I love it that you went through that item by item, afitzy! That’s great and not boring! I have NO idea why no reporter there brought that up! Perhaps there are other conflicts of interests? I don’t know but based on newspaper ads where I live, I get the idea that savvy papers are going into more investigative reporting as a way to stay viable and relevant so I don’t understand why that’s not so there. MOO.
It may have been already linked, but here is CBS news covering Interview. Glad it’s getting some press

MOO MOO. ITA. But something is gnawing in the back of my head about some motion about JDs atty, not the GAL. Yes there was motion to remove GAL also.

Also during the last hearing, when Pattis was whining about arguing the gag order, didn’t he tell the court that even though he had removed himself from the divorce litigation that he was still “technically” on it? Something like his name had not been removed-something to that effect?
I’ll try to go back and listen.
The entire video was linked in thread#26 via twitter and @afitzy had all/ or a part up,but the video is not viewable now. I can’t find another link on fox61. The reason I bring it up, I’m wondering if this still allows Pattis to keep viewing family court records and/or acting upon them?

I reviewed the Miami dace assessors website and it still lists her as owner

I don't see any property under Michelle's name. The Collins property shows as:

Folio: 02-3214-022-0890
Sub-Division: THE AMETHYST CONDO
Property Address: 5313 COLLINS AVE UNIT: 1009
Owner: MARISELA TROCONIS/ JOSE ANTONIO PINTO

Property transactions as follows:

2012-02-15 Warranty Deed Michelle Troconis Arreaza, a married woman and Marisela Areaza, a single woman purchases from Marie Rose Thorstensen, a single woman for $210,000
2012-10-09 Quit Claim to Michelle Troconis Arreaza, a single woman, Marisela Arreaza, a single woman and Marisela Troconis a married woman
2016-02-02 Quit Claim to Marisela Troconis and Jose Antonio Pinto, her husband (CURRENT OWNERS)

@Tink56, checked it out as there was a lot going on in June and the press description wasn't the most clear reference.
Eyewitness 3 Timeline:

Tuesday, June 25:

-New Canaan police say state police detectives completed search at Hartford trash plant Monday evening

-Fotis Dulos files paperwork saying he intends to seek custody of the five children

-Fotis Dulos' attorney files motion to postpone hearing set for Wednesday. Another motion was also filed to disqualify Jennifer's attorney from case, saying he believes he's a witness

Family Court:
511.00 06/25/2019 D MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
RESULT: Denied 6/25/2019 HON DONNA HELLER
511.01 06/25/2019 C ORDER
RESULT: Denied 6/25/2019 HON DONNA HELLER
512.00 06/25/2019 D MOTION TO DISQUALIFY
COUNSEL
513.00 06/25/2019 P OBJECTION
to Defendant's Motion for Continuance #511.00
RESULT: Sustained 6/25/2019 HON DONNA HELLER
513.01 06/25/2019 C ORDER
RESULT: Sustained 6/25/2019 HON DONNA HELLER
514.00 06/25/2019 D AGREEMENT
Agreement of the Parties, post judgment.
Watermark
515.00 06/25/2019 D WITHDRAWAL OF MOTION
516.00 06/25/2019 D MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORT OF MOTION
TO CONTINUE
517.00 06/25/2019 P MOTION FOR CONTEMPT
And Sanctions Against Defendant & Prior/Present Counsel, PL

We would have to go and look at the file to be 100% sure, BUT my recollection of this period was that this WASN'T to disqualify JD atty BUT RATHER a Defence motion to disqualify the GAL Meehan as he might be a witness in the criminal case (remember he spoke with FD and suggested 'he account for all of his time on the 24th') and the GAL Meehan was also the source of the stolen draft psych report too.

I believe both P and D have also filed to remove GAL Meehan for his role in the stolen Psych Report but so far Judge Heller hasn't seemed to do anything about this horrible/unfortunate situation (which actually does surprise me as I'm not sure how Judge Heller can trust GAL Meehan after what he did but perhaps she still feels like he needs them for continuity with the 5 children). But IMO GAL Meehan is a liability to all involved D and P, and the 5 children in this case as he has proven untrustworthy IMO and probably needs to get the hook but Judge Heller doesn't seem to do much IMO to maintain order in her courtroom which has sadly turned into a circus.

We also saw P Motion for Contempt and sanctions against Defendant & Prior/Present Counsel, PL on 6/25 and this related to Atty. P. role in the FD stolen Psych report and also Defendant and his Prior and Present Counsel. Again Judge Heller pulled down the curtain in Family Court and allowed Pattis to resign behind closed doors rather than face sanctions but I don't believe we ever heard publicly what if anything was done in terms of sanctions for Defendant & Prior/Present Counsel, PL unfortunately. My guess is that if Judge Heller let Pattis resign with zero consequences then by extension its unlikely any of the other parties experienced consequences either in the matter. Just think about this for a second. FD stole a psych report from his prior counsel and the prior counsel got the psych report from GAL in draft form AND JUDGE HELLER IMPOSED NO CONSEQUENCES ON ANY OF THE INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED??? This looks to be true but I don't see a follow up ruling on this so perhaps something will be done about this issue and termination of the GAL Meehan? IDK

MOO

Excellent researching...many thanks!

The lack of consequences is disappointing. Sometimes I think folks in the CT judiciary avoid confronting NP because he's such a "brat" that it's too time consuming and energy draining to deal with him. Ignoring him may be SOP.

Frankly, I'm okay with no rulings in family court right now, as I'd rather avoid the attorneys for the minors issue, etc. For the life of me, I can't understand why FD thinks he could parent children at this point in the legal proceedings (import another Greek nanny???). FD can't stop trying to win over GF and would love to destroy her in any way he can. It also appears that if he presses this issue it might come to light that he has been communicating with the oldest boys.

Wishing GF great strength and patience as she continues to let her attorneys' actions do the talking and she takes care of the children and herself.

I agree that keeping GAL Meehan is probably for continuity with the children. He does seem to understand that he is in serious trouble for the breach in security of the family court document and seems to be leaning toward keeping the children together in their current, safe environment.

Ok fine ,
You are probably right .

So, hmmm . We know LE has scoured every nook and cranny .

Bonfire:
ala Patrick Frazee - nope neighbors would have called fire dept , complained about smoke .

Dumped in an oil tank:
ala Chris Watts - Nope , no access .

Septic Tank : Ruled out.

Loud clang coming from Sturbridge : mystery

Poison Ivy : I think obtained on FD’s way into JD’s house . He didn’t wear some type of body Coverall , boots or gloves , probably wearing shorts to look like he was out for a run .

Might have a planted a weapon , change of clothes somewhere in side yard after b’day celebration.

Put body in Raptor Then what...

There just doesn’t seem To be that many locations to dispose of a body in such a short timeframe by 1 or 2 amateurs that still remain undetected .

How the heck is he/ they smarter than
all of us .. WTF

Moo

3rd accomplice.

MT already has been discounted. By her own admissions, I think. Besides, we’re pretty sure she was 2nd accomplice.
So now, who’s left? Who else was “alibi” material for that morning?

Greek phone call person.

Lawyer he had “meeting” with that am. Lawyer who makes house calls.

Children’s nanny?

Cleaning person?

How about that worker that showed up at soon the be ex-wife of lawyer. With what? can of gas and something else to “repair” some thing her house? Can’t remember what the man was carrying with him but it wasn’t a tool belt.

Can’t think of anyone else that was to be an alibi. AND/OR could be 3rd accomplice.

Lots of advanced planning, and some dumb luck. And, I really, really think she probably went to MIRA. In at least a few pieces. But maybe not with the rest of the evidence.

Or...
Did he ever send cars back to Greece? Could he possibly sent her to Greece in some sort of container, with cement, on a container ship? Maybe he could have, if there was a Greek friend or relative who assisted him, and went back to Greece immediately after. I know this is real life and not tv, but if anyone here ever watched The Sopranos, you’ll know that for certain tasks, they would fly a couple of guys over from Italy to do the job, then they’d immediately hop back on a plane home. I don’t know how or if that could work, but there are certain things you’d want to keep your hands far away from. Of course, you wouldn’t want to have to clean up the scene, and get rid of the evidence yourself, but the biggest part of the evidence is the body, and she isn’t anywhere around, it seems. I just think FD isn’t as smart as he thinks because they have him on video getting rid of evidence, and some other things which make the body slightly less important to find, investigation-wise. Her body could be farther away if he had that kind of help from somebody who can’t be interrogated. We have discussed this at length, and at the beginning I didn’t think he had any help other than MT, but they haven’t found any sign of her except her blood, so now I am thinking there is some loyal friend or relative who assisted. MOO

Just read after posting about 3rd accomplice. Thought I was up to date when posted.

So my list includes a Sopranos accomplice. Even more likely.

Aha. Friend with private jet close by? Any of you remember that little piece of info from very early on? Think he had private airstrip. He appeared to have distanced himself from FD immediately, but maybe that was a cover?

Last edited:
the noise from the fore property overnight is puzzling. i know that home construction sites often have large dumpsters for construction waste. i also know many waste companies pick up those things [after leaving an empty] early mornings. so that's what i thought might be the noise. they are usually large roll-offs that are too heavy to move with something like a forklift. these sites also sometimes have a smaller dumpster for non-construction waste since rules are to not mix the two wastes. the smaller ones can be moved by a forklift. anyway, i see two possibilities. 1. [the most probable to me] FD knew the large dumpster [if it was in fact there] would be switched out since it was pick up day. and FD knew exactly where the empty would be placed. that ground was probably fairly loose due to grading prior to the build start. easy to dig in. so FD digs a hole overnight and places JD in it. waste company comes early morning and puts the empty over the burial spot. 2. same idea but FD moves small dumpster, digs hole, places body, covers hole, puts small dumpster over it. i'm not suggesting LE in that area are dimwits and i know they check IN dumpsters and AT dumps but would they have the forethought to check UNDER the dumpster? the ground under either of the dumpsters would normally appear broken & disturbed from the moving. the body decomposition odor might not be detectable if deep enough or body is in some container. so not too sure about dogs detecting it. maybe run some type of ground radar over the ground that the dumpsters were over that day? anyway, thanks for reading. as i've said i missed a large chunk of early discussion so if this theory has been discussed my apologies. MOO.

Would a cadaver dog have smelled her remains if she was under the second roll off? I don’t know how close they have to be to the body to pick up the scent.

Of course, because their ability to disseminate “news” trumps the victim’s right to justice.

I actually had to read this article twice to understand the substance of the HC argument against the Judge Blawie Gag order.

Then the light bulb went off.

Then I had a huge LAUGH! And then I simply kept on LAUGHING! And I've been laughing about this all afternoon.

Cry me a river for reporters/reposters that either don't have the skill or basic know how to actually do their jobs absent 'quotes' and 'tips' from 'insiders' to the JD Case. What a bunch of unskilled bush league whiners we see at the HC as they are losing the 'ratings game' in the JD and other cases simply due to the lack of skills of their so called 'investigative reporters/reposters'. So, rather than sharpening their game and actually doing some real investigative work they come up with the brilliant idea (possibly suggested by Atty P. over drinks in Hartford) to file an amicus brief.

BIG YAWN.

IMO its all absolutely pathetic and a telling tribute to the sorry state of journalism IMO.

The HC wasn't on point IMO on the Dulos story because IMO it did zero work to actually delve into the story and spend the time reading documents to actually develop a narrative APART from the narrative supplied to them by Atty P. that was simply plunked down in their laps. IMO it was almost total reliance on 'tips' and 'leaks'. Great game if you can get it, but other papers manage to do just fine thank you!

I guess I would be mad too if things were working great in my little work scam as a reporter and I got a couple of tips a week from Atty P. and others and then pounded out an article or two and was able to make it home for a baseball or soccer game too, all without breaking a sweat. LIFE IS SWEET and SO SO EASY! So so much easier to complain to the courts to overturn a 'gag order' than actually do their jobs IMO.

What a bunch of whiney wimps! There is so much information available in the Dulos case that is typically not there in so many other cases happening in CT IMO. The idea that the reporters/reposters at the HC can't figure out a way forward amidst challenges to me at least simply shows them for what we knew them to be!

IMO its all quite sad that this is what 'journalism' has come to, reporters/reposters that cannot do their jobs the old fashioned way by doing research and developing leads and god forbid actually leaving their offices to chase down good ole leads and developing sources and actually doing something/anything other than what is repeated to them 'SOTTO VOCE' by the likes of Atty P. (who still doesn't have a case IMO no matter how many 'tips' he leaks to DA!) .

If we folks here at WS needed any further proof as to exactly 'how' the HC reporters/aka reposters such as Dave Altimari 'get' their scoops then this latest legal move to file an 'amicus brief' to the Appellate Court proves to me how exactly the HC 'reposters' actually do their jobs or IMO NOT!

I'm surprised that the HC got sucked into the 'overturn the gag order train' devised by Atty. P. who IMO is another 'professional - loosely defined at best' that simply doesn't want to do the hard and very real work in court of defending their client. Nope, Atty. P. seems to see himself as a some kind of closeted talk show host wannabe with a compulsive need to simply spew victim shaming untruths and other assorted untruths distributed indiscriminately to the press using an 'exclusive of the day' tactic to the likes DA at the HC and others.

Absolutely pathetic IMO. Only suggestion I have to the HC is work the story of JD going missing and possibly murdered the old fashioned way. The story is there for you if you want to work it. But I'm not so sure you all have the chops to work it unfortunately.

MOO

NP was once employed by the HC as an editorial writer. See link below.

LAWYER FOR `OUTSIDERS' HAS MADE MARK

A post here mentioned the chummy greeting at the Stamford Courthouse between NP and a Courant reporter. That being said, the HC was the only media (to my knowledge) to report Judge Bellis’ referral of NP to the Chief Disciplinary Counsel, so maybe the HC is impartial. Even if the SC should decide the gag order is unconstitutional, could it be retroactive to absolve FD of violating a court order by giving an interview to the Greek media? IDK.

And how soon were cadaver dogs taken to Sturbridge??
I don't know that we know whether dogs were taken to Sturbridge. All I know is that I saw the State Police Crime Lab big grey van at Sturbridge and I reported that when I saw it. We believe that State Police had been to Strubridge at least once before. The property was returned to FD and we saw him with his relative and his niece cleaning and removing items and the property is now listed for sale. We do not know if the original large red dumpster at the property was removed on the 25th when neighbours reported noise. All I can hope is that LE tracked back the issue of the large red dumpster to confirm that the one seen at the property after the 25th was not a new dumpster. We might have to wait until the search warrants are unsealed to fully answer this question.

3rd accomplice.

MT already has been discounted. By her own admissions, I think. Besides, we’re pretty sure she was 2nd accomplice.

Greek phone call person.

Children’s nanny?

Cleaning person?

How about that worker that showed up at soon the be ex-wife of lawyer. With what? can of gas and something else to “repair” some thing her house? Can’t remember what the man was carrying with him but it wasn’t a tool belt.

Can’t think of anyone else that was to be an alibi. AND/OR could be 3rd accomplice.

It’s like a game of Clue :

*Colonel Mustard with the Candlestick in the Conservatory.

Except ..our Clue board is this:
*Fotis with the knife in the ______.

Woods
Reservoir
House
Dumpster

FD didn’t have that much time to dispose of a body . His morning was taken up by his drive to and from New Caanan. Leaving him with just an afternoon . I think we all agree that FD killed JD with the knife / blade in her garage.

So, what are we left with :
A man who wears Gucci loafers to a muddy job site. The only time he has ever done a real days work was sweeping the front stoop for his photo op .

If we look at what tools were accessible
To him, (that he could actually operate) the only thing that comes to mind is a Shovel .

I could also envision him opening the back hatch of his dumpster,
placing her body in something that had been previously discarded from his construction site , bribing a driver to come pick up the dumpster at 5am and switch out one dumpster for another .

What would be the easiest, cleanest, fastest way a man who probably gets Pedicure’s use to dispose of a body given his bandwidth ?

3rd accomplice.

Greek phone call person.

Children’s nanny?

Cleaning person?

Its possible that its not someone that we have met so far IMO.

KM has legal issues himself and he I believe was the connection to 'gas can man' that went and did very scary things at KM STBX house while she and her daughter were home. KM is believed to have been the atty meeting with FD on the am of the 24th, but this is speculation. I do wonder thought given the entire 'tit for tat' with FD working to get KM STBX to drop or alter her stance on the divorce action whether KM was in the Red Truck with FD on the 24th driving to/from NC.

Greek phone call absent any info from LE to confirm can only IMO be part of the alibi script promoted by FD and Atty P. (who doesn't have a case IMO).

NCPD was clear in their social media posts that they would pursue ALL people involved with the missing person JD case. Unfortunately we have never heard anything specific beyond this statement from NCPD or State Police. We know the investigation is complex and far reaching and so we will most likely just have to wait this all out to see who else might be involved.

MOO

I don't see any property under Michelle's name. The Collins property shows as:

Folio: 02-3214-022-0890
Sub-Division: THE AMETHYST CONDO
Property Address: 5313 COLLINS AVE UNIT: 1009
Owner: MARISELA TROCONIS/ JOSE ANTONIO PINTO

Property transactions as follows:

2012-02-15 Warranty Deed Michelle Troconis Arreaza, a married woman and Marisela Areaza, a single woman purchases from Marie Rose Thorstensen, a single woman for $210,000
2012-10-09 Quit Claim to Michelle Troconis Arreaza, a single woman, Marisela Arreaza, a single woman and Marisela Troconis a married woman
2016-02-02 Quit Claim to Marisela Troconis and Jose Antonio Pinto, her husband (CURRENT OWNERS)
DBM because we don't know whether this is Mama A. and husband or MT sister and husband. Very confusing. Does anyone know the names of the sisters? Or the name of the sister whose husband is JOSE ANTONIO PINTO?

MOO

Last edited:
I don't know that we know whether dogs were taken to Sturbridge. All I know is that I saw the State Police Crime Lab big grey van at Sturbridge and I reported that when I saw it. We believe that State Police had been to Strubridge at least once before. The property was returned to FD and we saw him with his relative and his niece cleaning and removing items and the property is now listed for sale. We do not know if the original large red dumpster at the property was removed on the 25th when neighbours reported noise. All I can hope is that LE tracked back the issue of the large red dumpster to confirm that the one seen at the property after the 25th was not a new dumpster. We might have to wait until the search warrants are unsealed to fully answer this question.

Exactly .
If switching dumpsters is a viable theory, there would not have been any drone footage showing the 1st dumpster since it was already removed .
There are serial numbers on dumpsters that LE could use to track how many dumpsters FD bought .

Knowing that FD obscured license plate numbers ..it’s in the realm of his bandwidth that he could have obscured the numbers on the Dumpster by spray painting them or using a stencil to create another set of numbers therein foiling that dumpster being tracked .

Brilliant! Thanks for clearing this up.

You actually did a 'daily double' question answering as we didn't understand the condo situation or Mama A. marital situation. So, NOW WE KNOW MAMA A. remarried and her husband is JOSE ANTONIO PINTO.

MOO

I am getting confused between the Troconis name and the Arreaza name. There are two Mariselas here..I thought the latest deed dated 2016 Marisela TROCONIS was Michelle's sister....no?

I wonder how much money FD raised with the Greek interview. Pictures, too. Daily Mail will step up soon. And top the Greeks. Beware of the Trojan Horse. Keep a lookout for the British Armada. One if by land and two if by sea. 13 little scraps of land united and took on the mightiest Empire of that time. Maybe FD remembers his history. Maybe NP remembers his history. But I know for a fact that not just 13 colonies united to beat the odds. The entire world will unite and come down on this Greek Tragedy. FD smears his Greek heritage. NP smears American Jurisprudence. The world knows the truth. Keep talking, gentlemen. There’s enough rope for both of you to swing from the highest trees in CT. And while we’re cleaning up, all the others will get swept up and tossed into the garbage cans of Albany Avenue.
Connecticut is challenged. Will it become the leader of stopping domestic violence? Chestnuts, horsenuts or cracked nuts. Nutmegs need to unite. Lead the Nation in enacting stringent laws to stop domestic violence. Punish perpetrators. Protect the victims. Set the example for the world.
If not, I better get busy and get into the fray.

Actually in this case I believe the DM is well aware of the gag order situation and unlike Atty. P. actually seemed to have their legal folks read the entire long version of the document rather than the 5 bullet 'cliff notes' version. There is no reason to believe there are geographic restriction to the Judge Blawie gag order so there is no reason for the Daily Mail to enter the fray here IMO with a personal 'interview' with FD that would be a clear violation of gag order such as was seen in the 2 greek articles (blog and weekly magazine).

IMO the Greek interviews were simply done for publicity and to put out information that no doubt couldn't be put out via Sarah Wallace or Dateline. I do wonder also though whether EITHER of the Greek publications were made aware of the gag order and whether Atty P. made any representations to them on behalf of his client as to whether the interview was within bounds of the gag order?

I would like to see someone in the Press pick up the phone and clarify with the Greek reporters what exactly FD and Atty. P. told them about the interview being ok per the terms of the gag order. IMO it would be absolutely unethical to do an interview with any Press outlet outside the bounds of the gag order and not warn them. But my guess is that its possible the Greek reporters from the 2 publications didn't know or didn't care about the gag order in the case but what has me highly suspicious of the entire event is that the second reporter made clear that Atty P. was on the interview with FD so it didn't appear to be a case of FD going rogue.

IMO my best guess is that FD AND Atty. P WENT ROGUE. Its all so sad and pathetic and simply a waste of all of our time unfortunately.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member