Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot be granted anything that you don’t plead for in a motion. If NP pleads for something and meant to say Farber Family not Dulos Family, he will lose at least that part of the motion.
My best guess? He makes mistakes so that media can comment on new filing. He’ll have to re-plead the Motion. More media exposure. Beating everyone’s brains in with bs. “If you can’t dazzle ‘em with your brilliance, you baffle ‘em with your bs.” Texas treasured sayings in times of trouble. We have plenty more truisms.
I'm not sure of your premise. Courts don't like to penalize on a technicality. Generally, if there is a typo or something, courts prefer substance over form. JMO.

Ok, you guys. I promise that I’m not blaming any state, any court, or any group categorically. I’m not even blaming. I just want to know when you guys think NP will have gone too far with this stuff so something is done legally to him? What will it take? MOO.

It’ll take as much rope as is needed to hang FD. If FD gets away with everything now, then gets buried at trial, he won’t have any basis for an appeal. If he gets stomped on now, that’ll be his lament: oh oh oh. Fathers have rights, too. And I don’t get mine??? Why not? I can’t get a fair trial.

Thank you @Chicago54 for your detailed explanation! I’m way behind today due to travel; however, this thought crossed my mind when I heard the motion had been refiled. Do we know for certain the that the “bill” is a hard copy versus an electronic copy? I elected to go “paperless” and wonder if this could be a situation where her Health Insurance account could have been accessed, by someone other than JF? Inquiring minds want to know HOW FD and NP are in possession of this information?!?
Great thought! I completely forgot, when we were talking about the first “bill” of $14000 NP was in a lather about, we talked about online access to JDs info. One thing I wondered was if he could have possibly nabbed paperwork on the morning of the 24th. We know JD has appointments later that day and she could have had paperwork on her. After appointments, some providers offer access to an online acct via a code. If FD got his hands on this, he could have set up an acct on his own. I agree with you, knowing how these “bills” are being obtained is the question of the day.

I'm not sure of your premise. Courts don't like to penalize on a technicality. Generally, if there is a typo or something, courts prefer substance over form. JMO.

You are correct as to technicalities, generally speaking. Ex: I saw a footer in a document flipping petitioner with respondent. Obvious typo. Template used but paralegal missed using find and replace feature.
But this is misidentification of a party. I don’t know about the rest of the document. But if there are multiple other errors as the original poster mentioned, his work is deliberately sloppy to gain more media exposure or needs to be replead to correct the error(s). Make NP comply with rules. Here’s a good place to start. What’s NP going to say? Judge made a bad ruling against us bc I made a typo in the document? Who’s at fault here? Judge does not rewrite sloppy pleadings. I don’t think the judge has the right to redraft the document. He is not required to figure out what the writer really meant. He can take it at face value. Or embarrass NP at a hearing and ask him to present a valid argument for the document as written.
That’s why we have judges. They are the gods of the legal system. Guardians of the Law.

bbm
This is a very sick point of view these people have. They better thank their lucky stars. There but for the grace of God go them. When a person meets a sociopathic con artist, they don't know that. Everybody around them also thinks the con artist is a great person. JD did not bring this on herself in any way, shape or form. She operated on the information that was available. Even people who are sympathetic to JD may never understand exactly what happened here. My divorce was finalized 2 years ago and now I have been served with a Motion to Set Aside. By a Con Artist. It's Celebrity Death Match with these people.

So sorry to hear that. :( I hope he has to pay your legal fees and that you are safe. You'd think one would want a marriage to be an agreed-upon choice for both people, not forced, like slavery.

FD didn't want JD to leave and be on her own, even though he had someone new... classic abuser tactics.

Last edited:

UGH. thanks for finding this, @sleuth66. I didn't know about this case.

Exactly the same smear tactics. Absolutely horrid. No doubt in my mind: NP hates women.

"Sex happens," said NP after the trial.

'Mr. Khan’s lawyers [NORM PATTIS] worked relentlessly to discredit the account of the woman, who was not identified by name in the arrest warrant application. They asked repeatedly how much she had to drink, and how she could claim not to remember certain details...'

'Laura Palumbo, a spokeswoman for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, called the defense’s line of questioning “all victims’ worst fears in coming forward.”'

DISGUSTING.

Last edited:
Notice how in AW2, LE didn’t start the Tacoma trek from 4 JC? Why? I don’t think it’s because they don’t have proof he left 4Jc driving the Tacoma.

We already know his neighbor has a camera that captured FD’s return from the trash odyssey and stop at the mailbox.

The AWs haven’t mentioned several things yet.

Although it mentioned clothing, it didn’t state JF’s VV shirt or bra specifically because I think LE is going to release in AW3, footage from NCCD school of JF wearing the shirt while dropping off the children on 24 May.

I bet they have his DNA on them and details on the state of them: ripped, cut, stretched.

No AW mention of the car mat propping on the side of Milagros’ wall either. I don’t think it specifically mentioned mops, right? Household goods and other items. I wonder what the other items are and if they have his DNA on them!

Same with knife and pillow. Not mentioned by LE. All will come out! I bet they have found them.

I am imagine a trove of evidence gleaned from his/her cars, computers, texts, calls, receipts, surveillance, witnesses, paper trails, and whatever was worth the effort at MIRA.

These things keep me hopeful that they’re saving it all for AW3.

I get riled up and then realize that’s what they want. Sorry! We are going to keep our eye on the prize of justice and not be derailed.

As angry as these motions made me... I stopped and realized they actually show that he really has no case. We’ve been saying that all along but it’s truer than ever about 5 months later.

I think AW3 is going to be a book, complete with clear photos in color! Can’t wait!

moo

OMG.
I surely hope NP did his due diligence on this info. Even though I wish it to be not true, I deeply believe JD has already left this earth, and can only pray this motion further illustrates the idiocy and lunacy of NP and FD.

Just yesterday, with the slew of legalese and motions and orders and who’s on first, I was thinking; this is exactly why I considered law, said nope, and went medical instead. But at the same time I felt useless in the conversation! So maybe I can help here.

First, let me explain some terminology. Norm refers to a “billing record”. I believe he is referring to ( as Sds71 reported in his/her usual wonderful info) an EoB -explanation of benefits. However , it in itself, is NOT a bill. The provider would send a CLAIM to the insurance co. for services rendered. Once the insurance co. processes the claim, they make payment to the provider, then the provider BILLS the insured for the remainder. At the same time, the ins. co. generates an explanation of benefits and send it to the policy holder. These are sent from the insurance company, only, to the insured policy holder. This is important. They are sent to the policy holder, not to the insured individual under the policy. So for example, if FD held the insurance, any services received by JD, if she was insured under it, would be mailed to FD at his address. Same would go for the children. IIRC though, FD failed to provide medical insurance for the children. In other words, he did not have family coverage. Earlier in these threads it was discussed if he self insured, but regardless, according to earlier posted info, he did not insure the children. I assumed this meant he also did not have spousal coverage.

Norm would be off his rocker if he was using illegally gained medical information and attaching it to a motion. So I can only assume that FD must have still been covering JD. That is the only way he would legally be able to see any EoB pertaining to her IMO. However, I can’t image JD keeping her private medical information accessible to him. Perhaps she never saw the situation where he would use it against her? That could be the reason why she simple kept the spousal insurance going until the divorce was final?

But now I come to my last point about this “bill”. Claims are put through to insurance companies with a DOS. That’s date of service. Norm would also have to be a fool if he didn’t consider the numerous ways this “billing” could have occurred. Was a claim denied, and resubmitted? This happens all the time due to wrong diagnostic coding, patients’ names misspelt, wrong dates of birth, etc etc...sometimes if it is a resubmitted claim, the DOS is compromised. Or as others have noted, it could be an automatic monthly charge, or a fee for an appointment which was not cancelled.

Finally, July 7, 2019 was a Sunday.
Was JD at a hospital?
I sure hope NP informed LE so they can examine CCTV.

I work for a corporation and my husband is self-employed. I carry health insurance through my employer for myself, husband and 2 daughters. Even though I am the policy holder, technically I cannot access my husband's medical records due to HIPPA.

Of course insurance summeries and bills are mailed to our home but we live together. JD had not lived with FD in over 2 years. I cannot log online to my husband's medical records unless he gives me access. I highly doubt JD allowed FD access. I highly doubt he was carrying the cost of her insurance. MOO

Last edited:
You are correct as to technicalities, generally speaking. Ex: I saw a footer in a document flipping petitioner with respondent. Obvious typo. Template used but paralegal missed using find and replace feature.
But this is misidentification of a party. I don’t know about the rest of the document. But if there are multiple other errors as the original poster mentioned, his work is deliberately sloppy to gain more media exposure or needs to be replead to correct the error(s). Make NP comply with rules. Here’s a good place to start. What’s NP going to say? Judge made a bad ruling against us bc I made a typo in the document? Who’s at fault here? Judge does not rewrite sloppy pleadings. I don’t think the judge has the right to redraft the document. He is not required to figure out what the writer really meant. He can take it at face value. Or embarrass NP at a hearing and ask him to present a valid argument for the document as written.
That’s why we have judges. They are the gods of the legal system. Guardians of the Law.
Maybe it's different where you are. In Florida, if the Judge gets the gist, it's okay. I'm involved with an opposing attorney right now who is clueless. It's going to cost ME more money because the motions are so sloppy with no basis on statute. So many factual errors and cannot even spell my name correctly or enter my correct email for eService. It's like how experienced blackjack players hate playing with novices because they have no clue and just upset the whole strategy for everyone. Very likely to be purposeful in many instances.

S&BBM

NOT ONLY THAT: But if indeed he thought she were alive as he claims - he'd be the first to lead a MASSIVE hunt to find her! Wouldn't you, if you were the #1 suspect (but not a guilty one)?

@Southernsnooper similarly pointed this out on the previous page: "Why wasn’t he tacking up missing person posters all over NC..?"

And does he even begin to explain how he had all her bloody items? No, no mention of that... they make things up and deflect, instead.

We spoke a lot about DV recently - well, this bashing her, even after her murder, is further abuse. Bashing her reputation, etc. - it's what abusers do!

We will not be thrown off track.

The notion of NP that JD was still alive in July is both appalling and ludicrous. How this won't come back to bite him and FD in the *$! I do not know. Let's talk to the doctor who "saw" her. Such garbage comes out of NP mouth. Insane, delusional garbage. MOO

So sorry to hear that. :( I hope he has to pay your legal fees and that you are safe. You'd think one would want a marriage to be an agreed-upon choice for both people, not forced, like slavery.

FD didn't want JD to leave and be on her own, even though he had someone new... classic abuser tactics.
He hated me but did not want the divorce. He is now claiming, 2 years later, that he was never served with papers and wants the large judgment against him set aside. If you could see the texts...it's astounding. I will never get a significant portion back. I finally found a way to get some money back and that is why he is contesting now. So, after 2 years, I have to re-litigate. I always knew it would come to this claim of not having been served. THIS is why I relate so strongly to this case.

I’m no atty and know little about how these motions work. Can someone explain how he can keep referring to these insurance statements while not actually producing them? If this information is protected, it’s the responsibility of the insurance company and the provider, not individuals like FD. They’ve already breached her privacy by repeatedly bringing them up this info so they can’t possibly use that as a reason to not produce them. Can’t someone in this scenario call their bluff and force them to produce their “evidence” or shut up about it? MOO

Provider/insurance carrier has no axe to grind here. Probably bc it’s a statement/bill not her Med records. Does HIIPA apply to statements?

Provider/insurance carrier has no axe to grind here. Probably bc it’s a statement/bill not her Med records. Does HIIPA apply to statements?

Yes, HIPAA protects the privacy of a patient's medical information, such as care a patient sought, as well as medical bills.

HIPAA regulates who can view the information and how many times the information can be viewed. It even applies to collection agencies.

"HIPAA’s impact extends to almost every aspect of the medical billing process, from how records are stored and accessed to how codes are used in creating claims."
HIPAA and Medical Billing

UGH. thanks for finding this, @sleuth66. I didn't know about this case.

Exactly the same smear tactics. Absolutely horrid. No doubt in my mind: NP hates women.

"Sex happens," said NP after the trial.

'Mr. Khan’s lawyers worked relentlessly to discredit the account of the woman, who was not identified by name in the arrest warrant application. They asked repeatedly how much she had to drink, and how she could claim not to remember certain details...'

'Laura Palumbo, a spokeswoman for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, called the defense’s line of questioning “all victims’ worst fears in coming forward.”'

DISGUSTING.

Prepare the victims better. Mock trial them with actors as jurors.

Based on the new information, which could be a typo on the billing summary, Pattis filed a new motion to obtain Jennifer Dulos’ medical records, which he claims could help exonerate his client.

One word, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Basically, FD’s defense comes down to movie plot and a typo.

You really couldn’t make this stuff up.

In court motion, Fotis Dulos’ attorney alleges there’s a new bill indicating Jennifer Farber Dulos saw a doctor nearly two months after she disappeared

Were was MT on the date of this Doctor's visit?

Could this be the Real and Only reason that MT wanted to leave CT and travel to NY?

Is it possible that MT pretended to be JF, scheduled the appointment, and then arrived for the appointment?

Was this a medical provider that had Not already seen JF?

Could MT have used the 4JC address, while impersonating JF, therefore the reason the EOB/Bill arrived at 4JC?

Is this Why MT is refusing to assist LE with anything of substance?

Anthem Blue Cross may have been the Prior Family Insurance and it is very possible that 'someone very special' entered this company and policy number, on the medical documents when checking in at the This provider's office. The medical provider would send the bill to Anthem Blue Cross and they in turn would send an EOB to the original address on file, which in this case is 4JC. Of course, the EOB would include the fact that 'this person is no longer covered under this policy' statement, but would also include the Itemized List of Charges that NP has so 'eloquently' included in his legal drivel.

The Family Health Insurance Coverage was mandated by Family Court to remain intact. This would Include JF, not just the children.

We do not know if Dufos Reinstated the Family Health Insurance Coverage. It is possible, but I Highly Doubt it. He was pleading Poverty in Family Court and there is no way IMO, that he reinstated the policy.

JF could have purchased her own Family Policy for her and the children. This ID card would have been within her Wallet the day she suffered a serious physical assault in her 69WL garage on May 24, 2019.

Could MT have used this Very Card at the Medical Provider in question? Could she have also changed the address on JF's policy to 4JC and make the appointment for 'herself' posing as JF?

MOO MOO MOO til the cows come home.

Were was MT on the date of this Doctor's visit?

Could this be the Real and Only reason that MT wanted to leave CT and travel to NY?

Is it possible that MT pretended to be JF, scheduled the appointment, and then arrived for the appointment?

Was this a medical provider that had Not already seen JF?

Could MT have used the 4JC address, while impersonating JF, therefore the reason the EOB/Bill arrived at 4JC?

Is this Why MT is refusing to assist LE with anything of substance?

Anthem Blue Cross may have been the Prior Family Insurance and it is very possible that 'someone very special' entered this company and policy number, on the medical documents when checking in at the This provider's office. The medical provider would send the bill to Anthem Blue Cross and they in turn would send an EOB to the original address on file, which in this case is 4JC. Of course, the EOB would include the fact that 'this person is no longer covered under this policy' statement, but would also include the Itemized List of Charges that NP has so 'eloquently' included in his legal drivel.

The Family Health Insurance Coverage was mandated by Family Court to remain intact. This would Include JF, not just the children.

We do not know if Dufos Reinstated the Family Health Insurance Coverage. It is possible, but I Highly Doubt it. He was pleading Poverty in Family Court and there is no way IMO, that he reinstated the policy.

JF could have purchased her own Family Policy for her and the children. This ID card would have been within her Wallet the day she suffered a serious physical assault in her 69WL garage on May 24, 2019.

Could MT have used this Very Card at the Medical Provider in question? Could she have also changed the address on JF's policy to 4JC and make the appointment for 'herself' posing as JF?

MOO MOO MOO til the cows come home.
IME, doctor's offices and radiology facilities ask for picture ID.

Maybe it's different where you are. In Florida, if the Judge gets the gist, it's okay. I'm involved with an opposing attorney right now who is clueless. It's going to cost ME more money because the motions are so sloppy with no basis on statute. So many factual errors and cannot even spell my name correctly or enter my correct email for eService. It's like how experienced blackjack players hate playing with novices because they have no clue and just upset the whole strategy for everyone. Very likely to be purposeful in many instances.

That’s horrid. What a waste of everyone’s time and money. Can you plead for attorneys fees on the basis that it’s so messy and not based on any law or statute? Basically garbage? Not very often here. If it’s a novice, there will be some courtesies extended. But not for long. Either learn, or get co-counsel who knows what they are doing to help you.

And the legal profession wonders why lawyers are a step above Hollywood movie stereo type used car salesmen in polyester plaid jackets. No offense to most car sellers. They’re usually sharp, well dressed and well spoken. Slick talkers. No doubt about it. Sell you a car before you know what’s happened to you. Hahahaha. Funny, too.
I wonder how CT treats newbies? NP ‘s protege got creamed in the constitutional argument hearing, as I recall. Maybe that’s why Pattis sent him instead. To the slaughter.
Good luck in Florida. Wonder if your comments shed light on Casey Anthony trial. As I know it, defense counsel was not a big name defender. So he got a lot of leeway? Last I heard, they were living together.

I work for a corporation and my husband is self-employed. I carry health insurance through my employer for myself, husband and 2 daughters. Even though I am the policy holder, technically I cannot access my husband's medical records due to HIPPA.

Of course insurance summeries and bills are mailed to our home but we live together. JD has not lived with FD in over 2 years. I cannot log online to my husband's medical records unless he gives me access. I highly doubt JD allowed FD access. I highly doubt he was carrying the cost of her insurance. MOO
Agreed. I think some confusion is coming from the lack of distinction between EOBs from the insurance carrier, bills from a provider and medical records.

IMO NP/FD has access to some EOBs. Some clues to this is NPs use of certain terminology , ie “billing records” and diagnostic codes and reference to the provider. IMO the only way he could have them legally is if they were mailed to him as the insured policy holder. I agree, I highly doubt he was carrying the cost of her insurance, but he could have been the policy holder and SHE was paying the premiums. And even if she was paying , the ins company would not send the EOBs to her. Now that might have changed , but I personally know this to be the case, since I fought it myself during my divorce. In your case, as the policy holder, All EOBs would come to your address, addressed to you-even your husbands.

As you state, the medical records held by the provider ( also not accessible by the insurance company) are only accessible by the patient, no matter who the policy holder is. This goes for billing records -from them- too. Most “good” offices will not even talk about a bill to anyone but the patient. One thought I had( see my previous post) was that FD opened an online account to a provider using an access code. But again, how NP has spoken about the billing makes me pretty certain that he does not have access to any records,- he must have EOBs. And of course the fact that his motion is directed at the insurance company and not the provider is pretty convincing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67