Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you guys. I promise that I’m not blaming any state, any court, or any group categorically. I’m not even blaming. I just want to know when you guys think NP will have gone too far with this stuff so something is done legally to him? What will it take? MOO.
Its already happened IMO!

The Psych Report situation violated not only court rules but professional standards in the State of CT and then we saw the "gag order" violation.

Further, in the Jones case where he was brought up on charges by the Court Judge, he admitted to having falsified an affidavit.

The behaviour IMO is clear from Atty. P and its recurring also IMO.

I don't get why Atty. Colangelo or Judge Blawie is not reporting these infractions as they occur!

MO

Aren’t pictures worth a thousand words? Well? Unwell? It’s not a violation as one is the victim and one is the accused.

moo

Attachments

• C3E706B0-0744-4265-9789-485E65287B56.jpeg
    C3E706B0-0744-4265-9789-485E65287B56.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 8DAE8068-5770-4B54-BA9F-3D02CA06125D.jpeg
    8DAE8068-5770-4B54-BA9F-3D02CA06125D.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 39
Attorney Jim Bergenn, who is not affiliated with the case, points out the service may not have taken place after Jennifer disappeared on May 24.

“You could date when you send out a report as a service. So, that doesn’t necessarily mean that she got her service on that date,” said Bergenn, a trial attorney and Partner at Shipman & Goodwin law firm.

Bergenn said a judge normally would not agree to make medical records part of a court case. “Absolutely not. No judge is going to give private records of one estranged spouse to another. But here, someone is being charged publicly although not charged criminally, with being a killer and he does have due process rights and a right to counsel. And so, he has to be able to defend himself,” Bergenn explained.

This week a judge ruled that her attorney will not be allowed to subpoena Pattis to provide the source of Fotis’ attorneys’ fees.
Bergenn said ethical standards prohibit that type of information from being shared without a client’s permission.“Anything that’s relating at all to his representation is just off grounds,”

While the details of her 90 minute deposition last month are have not been made public, Bergenn said a second deposition often means the person claimed the fifth, but that does not indicate guilt
“Most lawyers will advise clients liberally to claim the fifth because you can’t always predict how an answer might someday be used,” said Bergenn.

Lawyer for Fotis Dulos Says Jennifer Dulos May Still Be Alive

And her mom with all that experience billing Medicare fraudulently? MOO.

So this idea is off the wall but in this case... It’d be very easy for anyone to make a fake Explanation of Benefits or hospital bill. Scan it, insert text, etc. It wouldn’t have to be perfect because they’re not showing it, are they? And because it IS a privacy issue, it’s not being shared so it can be sleuthed. And as MT’s mom knows so well, billing errors do happen all the time and tracking one down might take time. I wonder seriously if the bill is a made-up or literally fabricated red herring to get access to anything they could use to shore up their tottering mess of cards that she was ill (a flu shot! Oh, no! Omg!). The list of logical fallacies is parading through my mind! Omg! And to top it all off, the idea that if she were sick, she’d abandon her kids! Projection, NP/FD! MOO.

Its already happened IMO!

The Psych Report situation violated not only court rules but professional standards in the State of CT and then we saw the "gag order" violation.

Further, in the Jones case where he was brought up on charges by the Court Judge, he admitted to having falsified an affidavit.

The behaviour IMO is clear from Atty. P and its recurring also IMO.

I don't get why Atty. Colangelo or Judge Blawie is not reporting these infractions as they occur!

MO

I know!!! I thought so, too, but if that’s seemingly okey dokey, what WILL it take? I don’t have any idea. I believe NP will just keep pushing the boundaries, just like FD, and pushing them until someone puts a stop to it. He won’t stop on his own—remember what he said about his license being on the line every day or whatever? MOO.

If JF is alive per their repeated claims, why did he refuse to cooperate with the police from day one? What would he have to lose?

Why wasn’t he tacking up missing person posters all over NC when he found out on 24 May around 7 pm (I bet earlier from children or someone) instead of driving to Hartford disposing bags of bloody items including the Vineyard Vine shirt she was wearing that day (hmmm, so interesting how you got that FD), bra, sponges, mops, etc. with her blood?!!!

Maybe the next day, nope, the day after, nope. He’d rather go for a nice jog.

Wow, FD! Your theory has so many holes, I think I’ll dub it the Swiss cheese theory!

Extra cheesy and with extra holes. Just like your alibis.

I sense a pattern here.

Good ole, moo!

Last edited:
And, hmmm, as publicized as this has been, not one person at her doctor’s office noticed her appearance? So many holes; so much of the theatre of the absurd. And, hmmm, who do we know that was once in legal trouble for billing for nonexistent patients and/or procedures? Hint: Her daughter has a very clunky ankle bracelet. And haven’t I heard people say that someone in MT’s family rather looked like JD? Today has been frustrating dealing with people who reminded me of FD in ways so I may have details wrong but the basics are right, I think. MOO.
Altered license plate... maybe altered doctor’s bill. Some people think they are ever so clever!

The older children will get wind of this as they’re savvy and will ask questions. As the news emerges, their loved ones answer honestly.

It will serve to underscore how low their dad is willing to go and as a result they sadly will have to come to terms with his false claims of love. It breaks my heart.

Does he actually think that anyone would believe she let her children be uprooted again from their new school, friends, sports’ teams, force her friends to make fake statements, appear on tv shows, make her mother at 85 waste time, money and energy on attorneys, hire bodyguards, expand her home and again the list goes on. Come on!!!

All of this for a case that wasn’t going her way per NP (which I highly debate as it was going more in her favor than his IMHO.) News flash, she was a smart, kind person whom loved her children more than herself!!!!!

I hope the Farbers and circle of friends are keeping video (I know it’s difficult but they have to be smart and a step ahead of FD) and intensely detailed journals of what they’re going through to show on a movie size screen to the jurors the real-life affects of these outrageous claims on the children he supposedly loves and misses. They’re going to have to go above and beyond the norm (pun intended) to show FD’s true colors as they’re up against monsters and will have to fight the best fight in the world so they will be safe and free from FD’s inevitable attempts to try and worm his way in their lives someday.

moo
It is so sad, but we are talking five children’s with five personalities. They probably all will spend their entire lives digesting this pain. She was their beautiful mother they loved with all their hearts. The heartache is beyond words.

Norms motion for medical

Thanks for these, @sds71. Note now NP words this (see the screenshot below for the exact wording - outlined in red):

On July 7, 2019, a medical provider reported Ms. Dulos received...

He's twisting words. He could have said "a medical provider reported that Ms Dulos received services on July 7" but he did not. His goals:
  • Put doubt in the public's mind that she's even deceased
  • Keep us talking about this mirage, instead of the FACTS that he disposed of items with her blood on them, and his DNA was on her kitchen sink
  • Smear her image and make it look like she was having services related to sex, instead of a hysterectomy, menopause testing, or all the other things women do at that age... (not that sex would be bad but it implies another relationship) - and not that any medical procedure is his business
Remember, NP makes up s*** - completely out of thin air. He's done it before, and throws everyone off track.

What (sadly) needs to happen, is that the entire case should be sealed, so he can't keep lying to the public with his theatrics.

The reason it needs to be sealed is not (just) because he's tainting a potential jury pool, but because FD/NP are harming the children with this false information.

Attachments

• on July 7 a medical provider reported.png
    on July 7 a medical provider reported.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Take the 5th bc you cannot be compelled to testify against yourself. If you seal the depo, then the jury can not hear that she was protecting herself with the 5th amendment defense. Most people would presume you’re guilty if you plead the 5th. So she doesn’t want anyone to know about her defense in any legal proceeding based on invoking HER 5th amendment right.

I’m not sure I’m making myself understood. In a criminal trial, jurors are told they cannot consider the fact that defendant chooses to not testify for guilt or innocence purposes. If depo sealed, it can come in only as a depo was taken and everything in it sealed. If it comes in at all. How is a sealed deposition from a civil case relevant in a criminal case other than to show there was a civil case, deposition taken but transcript sealed.

This is very helpful, MWM. So MT wants her deposition sealed - not to keep info from FD, or even from the public - but to keep the jury from knowing that she invoked the 5th AT ALL - which, if they did know about her invoking the 5th, of course, would make MT look as guilty as she is.

So if it's sealed, the jury would never know she pleaded the 5th - they wouldn't know anything at all about that deposition.

Hopefully, MT's deposition will not be sealed.

Last edited:
I thought about this, too-but whoever he sent would need a drivers license with JD’s name on it...and, can you go to a new provider without her insurance card, using only the number? Couldn’t take the chance of sending a fake JD to one of her regular doctors. I guess it could be done, but it’s a lot of hoops to jump through, only to pull it out of his pocket today. My vote is that no bill exists, or that it is a mistake, and designed to bypass the gag order. But how would he have possession of it, if it does exist? Why isn’t someone involved on the State’s side asking this question? The police and prosecutor surely have some interest in this-unless they know it’s a big lie.

He likely had everything he stole from her purse, unless LE knows otherwise. So he could call the medical company and ask them questions, as he had all her info, her medical card in particular... and even possibly her phone, to receive a call back from them (?).

Or: did someone ACCESS her information - someone who knows how medical systems work, has connections in the industry perhaps, and wouldn't be afraid of committing fraud? Now... who could that be?

Last edited:
Aren’t pictures worth a thousand words? Well? Unwell? It’s not a violation as one is the victim and one is the accused.

moo
Replying to myself to add that what is evident to me is that MT looks like she is unwell, exhausted, stressed, and worried. Speculation? No, truth.

She did NOT cooperate with the police from day one and lied to the police for months. Speculation? No, truth.

Not guilty pleas, wow. I wonder what a guilty person looks like.

moooo

A few random thoughts regarding the last several pages of posts:

LET'S PRETEND IT'S TRUE
Let's pretend that she really is alive (she is not, but let's go with their claim, as @Megnut & someone else did a few pages back). If indeed FD saw an actual bill proving that JD went to the doc in July, he would have immediately called the police saying "She's alive! Here's proof!" to defend himself, knowing he's suspected of her murder. It would have been a major event, not kept under wraps for months, sneaking around with the info to twist into a deceitful court filing; the news would have been all over it - NP would have made sure of it. They would have even happily shown the paperwork "proving" it (which of course does not exist as they claim).

As @Chicago54 pointed out, July 7 was a Sunday - so she'd have to have been at an emergency clinic of some sort, NOT a regular appointment.

THE CHILD ABUSE
The fact that FD even floats this lie proves he does not care about the children at all - as @citygirl and @sds71 pointed out; "giving them false hope that maybe Mommy is alive." That's child abuse.

HEALTH INSURANCE
It's by far most likely JD had family insurance for herself and the children. She would have covered them once they lost insurance, and gotten it for herself as well - she was a responsible person and had the means to pay, plus it's not much more when you already have 5 kids on it. (@Jmoose and @afitzy had great comments on this, too.)

FD didn't have insurance for them, so he would not likely have had it for her, nor would she ever want him to have access to that info.

If FD legitimately had that information all along (if he legally had it mailed to him or any other way), the medical issues would have been presented while she was still alive (right in the divorce case), not after he killed her - because the testing apparently had been going on for several months, if not longer.

HER INCOME/EXPENSES:
NP is just throwing out a figure - not likely based on fact - but FD probably did take paperwork from her house to account for some of what he's guessing at.

A judge should, because of FD/NP's most recent motion, completely seal this case to protect the children.

Last edited:
He likely had everything he stole from her purse, unless LE knows otherwise. So he could call the medical company and ask them questions, as he had all her info, her medical card in particular... and even possibly her phone, to receive a call back from them (?).

And, we must remember that good 'ole Pat McKenna has been busy trying to dig up anything he can. Wonder if he sits outside mail boxes?? (Whoops! That would be a Federal crime, right?)

I do hate the line FD "came into the possession of"....(let's see)….a confidential court report....a statement from Anthem Blue Cross...Whoops...another statement from Anthem Blue Cross...just happens to know an "allowance" amount....And, he's been wearing his ankle jewelry all this time. He must be playing Mysterious Evidence Pokeman.....Wonder how he IS coming into the possession of this stuff????

OMG.
I surely hope NP did his due diligence on this info. Even though I wish it to be not true, I deeply believe JD has already left this earth, and can only pray this motion further illustrates the idiocy and lunacy of NP and FD.

Just yesterday, with the slew of legalese and motions and orders and who’s on first, I was thinking; this is exactly why I considered law, said nope, and went medical instead. But at the same time I felt useless in the conversation! So maybe I can help here.

First, let me explain some terminology. Norm refers to a “billing record”. I believe he is referring to ( as Sds71 reported in his/her usual wonderful info) an EoB -explanation of benefits. However , it in itself, is NOT a bill. The provider would send a CLAIM to the insurance co. for services rendered. Once the insurance co. processes the claim, they make payment to the provider, then the provider BILLS the insured for the remainder. At the same time, the ins. co. generates an explanation of benefits and send it to the policy holder. These are sent from the insurance company, only, to the insured policy holder. This is important. They are sent to the policy holder, not to the insured individual under the policy. So for example, if FD held the insurance, any services received by JD, if she was insured under it, would be mailed to FD at his address. Same would go for the children. IIRC though, FD failed to provide medical insurance for the children. In other words, he did not have family coverage. Earlier in these threads it was discussed if he self insured, but regardless, according to earlier posted info, he did not insure the children. I assumed this meant he also did not have spousal coverage.

Norm would be off his rocker if he was using illegally gained medical information and attaching it to a motion. So I can only assume that FD must have still been covering JD. That is the only way he would legally be able to see any EoB pertaining to her IMO. However, I can’t image JD keeping her private medical information accessible to him. Perhaps she never saw the situation where he would use it against her? That could be the reason why she simple kept the spousal insurance going until the divorce was final?

But now I come to my last point about this “bill”. Claims are put through to insurance companies with a DOS. That’s date of service. Norm would also have to be a fool if he didn’t consider the numerous ways this “billing” could have occurred. Was a claim denied, and resubmitted? This happens all the time due to wrong diagnostic coding, patients’ names misspelt, wrong dates of birth, etc etc...sometimes if it is a resubmitted claim, the DOS is compromised. Or as others have noted, it could be an automatic monthly charge, or a fee for an appointment which was not cancelled.

Finally, July 7, 2019 was a Sunday.
Was JD at a hospital?
I sure hope NP informed LE so they can examine CCTV.

Thank you @Chicago54 for your detailed explanation! I’m way behind today due to travel; however, this thought crossed my mind when I heard the motion had been refiled. Do we know for certain the that the “bill” is a hard copy versus an electronic copy? I elected to go “paperless” and wonder if this could be a situation where her Health Insurance account could have been accessed, by someone other than JF? Inquiring minds want to know HOW FD and NP are in possession of this information?!?

Attorney Jim Bergenn, who is not affiliated with the case, points out the service may not have taken place after Jennifer disappeared on May 24.

“You could date when you send out a report as a service. So, that doesn’t necessarily mean that she got her service on that date,” said Bergenn, a trial attorney and Partner at Shipman & Goodwin law firm.

Bergenn said a judge normally would not agree to make medical records part of a court case. “Absolutely not. No judge is going to give private records of one estranged spouse to another. But here, someone is being charged publicly although not charged criminally, with being a killer and he does have due process rights and a right to counsel. And so, he has to be able to defend himself,” Bergenn explained.

This week a judge ruled that her attorney will not be allowed to subpoena Pattis to provide the source of Fotis’ attorneys’ fees.
Bergenn said ethical standards prohibit that type of information from being shared without a client’s permission.“Anything that’s relating at all to his representation is just off grounds,”

While the details of her 90 minute deposition last month are have not been made public, Bergenn said a second deposition often means the person claimed the fifth, but that does not indicate guilt
“Most lawyers will advise clients liberally to claim the fifth because you can’t always predict how an answer might someday be used,” said Bergenn.

Lawyer for Fotis Dulos Says Jennifer Dulos May Still Be Alive

There should be 2 dates on a “bill” sent to the patient: the invoice date - when the statement (bill) was generated, and the DOS-date of service-when the patient actually received service. It may also have other dates in it, such as date insurance company made a payment, or if patient made a payment. The EOB will likewise have 2 dates: the date of printing and the DOS of office visit or procedure. If more than one visit or procedure is on the EOB, each will have their own date.

Norm better hope he knew how to read the piece of paper he was grasping in his greedy little hands.

Cuz if he didn’t, and it was his mistake, and not somebody else’s, Norm is going to look more than incompetent.

You know what sickens me? The magnitude of his hatred for JD.

Interestingly, he's proving his hatred, instead of acting otherwise, with his motions. They aren't helping him any - they're showing cause/motive, if anything.

The way he's acting via his motions further shows how absolutely abusive he is - it's known he was, at minimum, emotionally abusive throughout the marriage - how little he respected his wife and how little regard he has for the children or their emotional well-being.

Last edited:
I’m no atty and know little about how these motions work. Can someone explain how he can keep referring to these insurance statements while not actually producing them? If this information is protected, it’s the responsibility of the insurance company and the provider, not individuals like FD. They’ve already breached her privacy by repeatedly bringing them up this info so they can’t possibly use that as a reason to not produce them. Can’t someone in this scenario call their bluff and force them to produce their “evidence” or shut up about it? MOO

There should be 2 dates on a “bill” sent to the patient: the invoice date - when the statement (bill) was generated, and the DOS-date of service-when the patient actually received service. It may also have other dates in it, such as date insurance company made a payment, or if patient made a payment. The EOB will likewise have 2 dates: the date of printing and the DOS of office visit or procedure. If more than one visit or procedure is on the EOB, each will have their own date.

Norm better hope he knew how to read the piece of paper he was grasping in his greedy little hands.

Cuz if he didn’t, and it was his mistake, and not somebody else’s, Norm is going to look more than incompetent.

Thank you, Chicago54, for being here and sharing your knowledge! :)

1. Why did she marry him/have kids with him/stay with him, it's obvious he's a nut job.
This response causes me to fly off the hook very unprofessionally and uncharacteristically. Come on people, he looked good "on paper"! Isn't this what we all aspire to, live out ourselves, and impress on our kids?
Ivy league degree; work in NY in consulting (ok, so not a hedge fund, but almost); MBA from good school (I have a family member who was a classmate, they remain blasé about the case); competitive athlete; expensive house and cars; entrepreneur; world travel, five "beautiful" and successful children. All of these are very typical and valued characteristics in New Canaan circles. Yet, some people seem to accept that JD brought this on herself by not being more discerning and picking and sticking with this "loser".
This is a very sick point of view these people have. They better thank their lucky stars. There but for the grace of God go them. When a person meets a sociopathic con artist, they don't know that. Everybody around them also thinks the con artist is a great person. JD did not bring this on herself in any way, shape or form. She operated on the information that was available. Even people who are sympathetic to JD may never understand exactly what happened here. My divorce was finalized 2 years ago and now I have been served with a Motion to Set Aside. By a Con Artist. It's Celebrity Death Match with these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67