Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious he had a plan.... and just as obvious, I think, that it didn't go according TO plan. Then he had to improvise. I think what didn't go as planned was the blood.

Leaving her car and phone by the park seems calculated. I'd say that was part of the original plan.

Did he have a plan for disposal? Or did he improvise. At what point DID he decide Albany and the sewer were good ideas?

If not for his phone pinging along Albany, would they have ever searched for surveillance cameras? He might've gotten away with that part....

The 20 minute window.... seems narrow..... could he have pulled that off solo? Who could he have been communicating with? And how?

His backroad detour, when he crossed into NY, has LE scoured that stretch?

What's missing from Jennifer's garage? Trash bags? Towels? An improvised murder weapon?

He needs to be locked away.

And she needs to be laid properly to rest.

MOO

Who has a handle on the timeline? As I recall, Jennifer's Suburban left her neighborhood at, was it, 10:25 am.... how much later is there movement of the Tacoma?

Anyone in the area? Could he get to the Bronx on 95 and back in that time? Albany in the evening, the Bronx or somewhere similar in the morning?

Is it possible HE wasn't driving the Tacoma? Could MT have been in it the whole time? Or was she at 4JC for sure, making FD's phone look busy as always.

I still think the very first thing he'd do, after leaving her house is make her gone.

How can he care so little? There aren't words.

MOO
The 'pass off' of a body on Lapham to another party is an interesting idea. We know there was a time gap between when the Suburban arrived on Lapham and when the Red Truck was seen heading North on Rt15/Merritt.

Traffic on the 24th didn't really start getting heavy heading Northbound until around noon. There wouldn't have been super heavy traffic heading into the city around 10:30 am, but the person heading south would have definitely run into traffic upon returning to CT IMO.

Because the bus cams are not believed to have been on the roads by the time the Suburban was heading back to Lapham, I think we have to assume that LE is reliant on private CCTV for movements of the Red Truck and Suburban during the 'time gap' and to confirm, if possible who was driving each of the vehicles. If there was a pass off of the body to another party we don't know if it happened at Lapham (seems like an ok assumption) or possibly someplace else along the route (such as maybe Irwin Park or vacant lot at end of Welles or some other point along the route returning to Lapham that offered privacy IMO).

If all this did happen in NC you are correct that 'all' FD would have to do is to return to Farmington and deal with 'clean up issues'. My question though is under this scenario what was going on at 80MS for so long? Was it all simply related to 'clean up of the Red Truck? Did FD and MT stay at 80MS or did they depart at some point and return? We still have no timeline really for MT on the 24th.

MOO

Good points .
Hmmm Ok , so...

WHY didn’t FD dispose of everything in ONE location?

Carpet , JD’s body, JD’s clothes, sponges , rags and license plates .

WHY aren’t all these items with JD’s body, WHY did he feel the need to separate these from JD ?

What does that tell us .. anything ?

Wouldn’t a normal murderer throw ALL the items in the dumpster at once ,
Bury everything Together ,
Pour concrete over ALL of it,
Sink it ALL in the reservoir,
Burn ALL of it,
Chop ALL of it .

Doesn’t make sense ...

Moo
Was the carpet even used to roll her up? Maybe he just put her in the back of the Suburban along with the other things thus leaving blood evidence. And he took the carpet out because it seems he really did want this to be a disappearance, not a murder. So no blood evidence allowed. IIRC, police did find blood on/in the Suburban. Somebody please correct if I am wrong. And do we know 100% that the carpet being dropped on Albany Ave is true? Because it doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't be put in a dumpster as well. It does seem like quite a production to transfer all those items plus JD into the Tacoma way out in the open like that. It seems to me it would have been easier to put everything in the bed of the truck rather than in the cab. Easier to clean than upholstery, but oops, blood on upholstery. I wonder if this was supposed to be a bloodless murder that turned into something else. Something went awry.

It doesn't make sense to me that he would not ditch the carpet along with JD if she was transferred to another vehicle or dumpster. It really is a puzzle. Rigor Mortis starts to set in at 2 hours and completes at about 8 hours depending on things like temperature. So JD body would still be flexible at 10:25. Some time back there was alot of discussion about how FD would get her into the Tacoma at WP. There was a great youtube video by a guy called Gray Hughes that showed real life mapping of where the cars were parked at WP and the timeline.
The timeline has a hole of 20-25 minutes on the trip back to Farmington from WP. It took much longer to get to the first rest station camera than would be expected. There is a dump station very close to Mountain Spring and WL. It is not known if FD or JD had stickers to access the facility. I do wonder if that place was checked or if they have cameras. And why wouldn't the rags and mops be dumped the same place as JD? I would be surprised if JD clothes would be anything near sufficient to mop up blood. Seems she would be in a pool of blood already. But maybe not. I think the clothes were separate from her body because she was humiliated before her death. I feel that very strongly for some reason. I think the blood in the Tacoma was from transfer from FD or an accomplice, not from JD. I think when we find out the truth of how things happened, it's going to be very simple and we will all wonder why we missed what was right under our noses.
FD as you point out for whatever reason like to separate the evidence. Maybe there is a 'math' related reason or crazy reason for this IDK and maybe he or someone who advised him told him that he had a better chance of not getting caught if the evidence was spread all over? Pure speculation as this aspect of the case has me puzzled as I think by spreading things out it gives more evidence for people to find or stumble upon and makes it possible to put together a circumstantial case such as what we have seen so far.

I also wonder about the FD statement to EE about whether EE heard anything while working at Sturbridge on the 24th. Given the time gap we see in NC with the Red Truck heading north, I do wonder if the body transfer wasn't done at Irwin Park or the body wasn't dumped at the NC Transfer station, whether FD simply wrapped the body in a tarp and duck taped it and placed it inside the red dumpster on Sturbridge to be retrieved by someone else on the evening of the 24th or am of the 25th? Could someone have come to pick up the body at Sturbridge and made enough noise to wake up dogs or the neighbors? We have speculated that the dumpster was tipped but maybe it wasn't and someone just had a tough time getting the body out and that is what made the noise that was heard?

The FD early statement about knowing what he did and didn't do has always haunted my brain. I think it was this statement from FD that first brought up the thought/s of accomplice/s. Do I think he had the technical skills to dismember a body and dispose of it? Yes. We know the amt of time spent at Welles, we know of the time gap between Red Truck arriving at Lapham and being seen on CCTV heading north, we didn't get full visibility of the path taken to return to Farmington after Rt 8, we know the amount of time spent at 80MS, we don't know if FD/MT left 80MS at any point, and we don't know what all happened with MT and FD in the gap in the AW until they are next seen on Albany. Significant gaps still exist. These gaps could have been used for body disposal and many here have put out great ideas on where this might have taken place. Still a bit of a puzzle as if there was another person involved or a preplanned dump site in NC, then perhaps the JF body was never returned to Farmington and that 80MS was about FD cleaning himself and the Red Truck.

Still lots to think about....

MOO

Was the carpet even used to roll her up? Maybe he just put her in the back of the Suburban along with the other things thus leaving blood evidence. And he took the carpet out because it seems he really did want this to be a disappearance, not a murder. So no blood evidence allowed. IIRC, police did find blood on/in the Suburban. Somebody please correct if I am wrong. And do we know 100% that the carpet being dropped on Albany Ave is true? Because it doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't be put in a dumpster as well. It does seem like quite a production to transfer all those items plus JD into the Tacoma way out in the open like that. It seems to me it would have been easier to put everything in the bed of the truck rather than in the cab. Easier to clean than upholstery, but oops, blood on upholstery. I wonder if this was supposed to be a bloodless murder that turned into something else. Something went awry.
As you point out, the Suburban rug hasn't been seen in an AW yet and so its hard to know exactly the source of the information leak. I agree with you that the original plan was the 'missing' narrative and not the 'murdered' narrative that it turned out to be! I think FD worked hard on the 'missing' narrative and that is why LE spent so much time searching Waveny Park. I wish we knew if JF phone was found in Waveny where it was dumped by FD, but sadly we don't know anything about the JF phone other than it was on a path from Welles to Waveny and we don't know specifically where at Waveny the trail of the phone pings ends.

For purposes of speculation AND based on how angry Judge Blawie was about LE leaks when he crafted his 'Gag Order', I'm inclined to believe that the Suburban mat, JF VV shirt and bra being found were LE leaks passed on to the HC I believe.

I don't have the same confidence about the 'knife' and "Fudge" story necessarily but they could have been LE leaks or Atty Norman Pattis leaks as he claimed to have been aware of the situation with the knife and 'Fudge'.

Allegedly leaving the Suburban rug outside a restaurant is something I don't understand unless the idea was that a homeless person would take the rug away. But did FD/MT really know that it would happen that way? It seems like the restaurant owner or workers might see it too and depending on what it looked like might have tossed it or maybe called LE? IDK, whole thing of leaving rug out in open seems risky. But maybe I'm wrong, IDK.

I also suppose I might give credence to the knife story if the credibility of the HC reporting were better. But as it is I doubt entirely the story about any HC reporter haunting Albany to search for Fudge and learning the story of the knife. Maybe it happened but maybe it didn't. Thats the funny thing about credibility in reporting, it can evaporate in a nanosecond once other games are discovered!

MOO

It's obvious he had a plan.... and just as obvious, I think, that it didn't go according TO plan. Then he had to improvise. I think what didn't go as planned was the blood.

Leaving her car and phone by the park seems calculated. I'd say that was part of the original plan.

Did he have a plan for disposal? Or did he improvise. At what point DID he decide Albany and the sewer were good ideas?

If not for his phone pinging along Albany, would they have ever searched for surveillance cameras? He might've gotten away with that part....

The 20 minute window.... seems narrow..... could he have pulled that off solo? Who could he have been communicating with? And how?

His backroad detour, when he crossed into NY, has LE scoured that stretch?

What's missing from Jennifer's garage? Trash bags? Towels? An improvised murder weapon?

He needs to be locked away.

And she needs to be laid properly to rest.

MOO
His backroad detour into NY was on Silver Spring Rd, an uncharacteristically remote road, unpaved in parts, that crosses a reservoir and is very very private. Before it was revealed where FD had gone when he crossed the state line, I had already pegged Silver Spring as the perfect place to stash a body. It is highly highly suspicious that FD went back there, that he even knows about it. We had discussed this in a much earlier thread, I think it was thread 7 or 8,
The round trip travel time gap there from Waveny is almost perfect for the unaccounted time. However, we haven’t heard of any searches back there, and unless there was a clue about where to focus or launch such a search, there’s a lot of space there to cover. There’s a few other reservoirs or nature areas that would fit the timeframe, and LE had searched Irwin Park early on too. It is also possible that FD used that “extra” time to jog through Waveny and ditch JDs phone. LE has JDs phone but we don’t know where they found it.

It seemed like after LE searched 80MS then all subsequent searches were focused in the Hartford area and searches around the NC area stopped. So perhaps LE found something at 80MS that led them to believe that JDs body was brought there.

Just because LE found JDs clothes and rags in the Albany trash cans but not the body, does not necessarily mean that the body wasn’t disposed of in the same place as the cleanup items (Albany Ave). LE wasn’t able to retrieve all of the trash contents where FD stopped on video, which is why they searched MIRA.

The missing information in the warrant about the latter part of the trip on the 24th is left out for a reason, IMO. While it makes it harder for us to figure out, that also means that it’s harder for NP and FD to get a handle on what LE has on them. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

MOO.

FD as you point out for whatever reason like to separate the evidence. Maybe there is a 'math' related reason or crazy reason for this IDK and maybe he or someone who advised him told him that he had a better chance of not getting caught if the evidence was spread all over? Pure speculation as this aspect of the case has me puzzled as I think by spreading things out it gives more evidence for people to find or stumble upon and makes it possible to put together a circumstantial case such as what we have seen so far.

I also wonder about the FD statement to EE about whether EE heard anything while working at Sturbridge on the 24th. Given the time gap we see in NC with the Red Truck heading north, I do wonder if the body transfer wasn't done at Irwin Park or the body wasn't dumped at the NC Transfer station, whether FD simply wrapped the body in a tarp and duck taped it and placed it inside the red dumpster on Sturbridge to be retrieved by someone else on the evening of the 24th or am of the 25th? Could someone have come to pick up the body at Sturbridge and made enough noise to wake up dogs or the neighbors? We have speculated that the dumpster was tipped but maybe it wasn't and someone just had a tough time getting the body out and that is what made the noise that was heard?

The FD early statement about knowing what he did and didn't do has always haunted my brain. I think it was this statement from FD that first brought up the thought/s of accomplice/s. Do I think he had the technical skills to dismember a body and dispose of it? Yes. We know the amt of time spent at Welles, we know of the time gap between Red Truck arriving at Lapham and being seen on CCTV heading north, we didn't get full visibility of the path taken to return to Farmington after Rt 8, we know the amount of time spent at 80MS, we don't know if FD/MT left 80MS at any point, and we don't know what all happened with MT and FD in the gap in the AW until they are next seen on Albany. Significant gaps still exist. These gaps could have been used for body disposal and many here have put out great ideas on where this might have taken place. Still a bit of a puzzle as if there was another person involved or a preplanned dump site in NC, then perhaps the JF body was never returned to Farmington and that 80MS was about FD cleaning himself and the Red Truck.

MOO

MOO
I think he asked EE whether he SAW anything in NC. I don't think FD would have gone to Sturbridge with JD. Too risky. EE might have been outside and offered to give him a hand. I don't believe FD wanted to be associated in any way with being seen in NC by anyone. However, the dump is a 5 minute drive from Sturbridge. Again though, if FD went to the dump, wouldn't he just dump everything instead of risking the drive to Farmington? I think FD just wanted to find out if he had been spotted. EE might have left the property to get lunch or something and could have spotted his truck.

The 'pass off' of a body on Lapham to another party is an interesting idea. We know there was a time gap between when the Suburban arrived on Lapham and when the Red Truck was seen heading North on Rt15/Merritt.

Traffic on the 24th didn't really start getting heavy heading Northbound until around noon. There wouldn't have been super heavy traffic heading into the city around 10:30 am, but the person heading south would have definitely run into traffic upon returning to CT IMO.

Because the bus cams are not believed to have been on the roads by the time the Suburban was heading back to Lapham, I think we have to assume that LE is reliant on private CCTV for movements of the Red Truck and Suburban during the 'time gap' and to confirm, if possible who was driving each of the vehicles. If there was a pass off of the body to another party we don't know if it happened at Lapham (seems like an ok assumption) or possibly someplace else along the route (such as maybe Irwin Park or vacant lot at end of Welles or some other point along the route returning to Lapham that offered privacy IMO).

If all this did happen in NC you are correct that 'all' FD would have to do is to return to Farmington and deal with 'clean up issues'. My question though is under this scenario what was going on at 80MS for so long? Was it all simply related to 'clean up of the Red Truck? Did FD and MT stay at 80MS or did they depart at some point and return? We still have no timeline really for MT on the 24th.

MOO

Let’s pretend JD’s body was disposed of before returning 80 MS .

You might be correct @NDreu ..
Maybe, all FD was doing at 80MS was merely cleaning up .

FD tells MT to run home and get him a change of clothes some rags and sponges , while at 80 MS he starts cleaning the Tacoma while MT runs home .

MT hurries back with his change of clothes rags and sponges . MT watches as he cleans the Tacoma, he hands her “SOME ” not “ONE” bloody rag.

FD tells MT to run and get some garbage bags, a towel, soap, screwdriver and grab him some lunch . She runs back and forth for an hour and 1/2.

They finish, jump in FD’s Raptor with the bloody rags , sponges and License Plates.

Moo

His backroad detour into NY was on Silver Spring Rd, an uncharacteristically remote road, unpaved in parts, that crosses a reservoir and is very very private. Before it was revealed where FD had gone when he crossed the state line, I had already pegged Silver Spring as the perfect place to stash a body. It is highly highly suspicious that FD went back there, that he even knows about it. We had discussed this in a much earlier thread, I think it was thread 7 or 8,
The round trip travel time gap there from Waveny is almost perfect for the unaccounted time. However, we haven’t heard of any searches back there, and unless there was a clue about where to focus or launch such a search, there’s a lot of space there to cover. There’s a few other reservoirs or nature areas that would fit the timeframe, and LE had searched Irwin Park early on too. It is also possible that FD used that “extra” time to jog through Waveny and ditch JDs phone. LE has JDs phone but we don’t know where they found it.

It seemed like after LE searched 80MS then all subsequent searches were focused in the Hartford area and searches around the NC area stopped. So perhaps LE found something at 80MS that led them to believe that JDs body was brought there.

Just because LE found JDs clothes and rags in the Albany trash cans but not the body, does not necessarily mean that the body wasn’t disposed of in the same place as the cleanup items (Albany Ave). LE wasn’t able to retrieve all of the trash contents where FD stopped on video, which is why they searched MIRA.

The missing information in the warrant about the latter part of the trip on the 24th is left out for a reason, IMO. While it makes it harder for us to figure out, that also means that it’s harder for NP and FD to get a handle on what LE has on them. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

MOO.

Plus, did LE even bother to question FD about his NY cross over , I feel like this was never investigated and NP just tossed it aside by stating FD’s MapQuest or WAYS gave him the wrong route .

Oh ok Norm..

What business did FD have to conduct in that vicinity since, he has NO business .

FD has no friends so, what was over there or who did he meet up with?

Moo

Let’s pretend JD’s body was disposed of before returning 80 MS .

You might be correct @NDreu ..
Maybe, all FD was doing at 80MS was merely cleaning up .

FD tells MT to run home and get him a change of clothes some rags and sponges , while at 80 MS he starts cleaning the Tacoma while MT runs home .

MT hurries back with his change of clothes rags and sponges . MT watches as he cleans the Tacoma, he hands her “SOME ” not “ONE” bloody rag.

FD tells MT to run and get some garbage bags, a towel, soap, screwdriver and grab him some lunch . She runs back and forth for an hour and 1/2.

They finish, jump in FD’s Raptor with the bloody rags , sponges and License Plates.

Moo
IDK, just a guess. Many here have long speculated that bringing a body back to Farmington would be risky. The other thought was the amt of time in Welles garage might have also allowed for partial dismemberment there too if FD knew what we was doing (I believe he did know what he was doing in this regard). He seems to have put a high priority on spreading the evidence around and so I also wonder if he might have done the same thing with the body and left parts in multiple locations and possibly had one person help to dispose with one bag of remains while FD/MT might have dealt with disposal of other parts of remains and clean up?

I think the original narrative as others have pointed out was JF 'missing' but with the blood issues it became impossible to keep up this charade and so FD/MT had to dodge and weave and dispose of the corpse. I wonder if the original plan was to simply leave the JF body someplace at Waveny to make it seem like a park related crime and possibly because of the violence that occurred at Welles that this option was taken off the table?

MOO

Plus, did LE even bother to question FD about his NY cross over , I feel like this was never investigated and NP just tossed it aside by stating FD’s MapQuest or WAYS gave him the wrong route .

Oh ok Norm..

What business did FD have to conduct in that vicinity since, he has NO business .

FD has no friends so, what was over there or who did he meet up with?

Moo
I agree with you that this entire FD bracelet WAZE app travel 'mishap' seemed to be very poorly handled by LE based on what we know. But we do know that the bracelet provides a path that LE can follow so perhaps they did track the path of the bracelet and just didn't share this info publicly? The issue also though as others have said here is that the cell reception where the WAZE incident allegedly happened isn't the best and even drops in spots.

The entire incident with FD ending up in NY is IMO improbable as he has been driving back and forth to NC from Farmington for years and knows the available routes and how to save time or avoid traffic. Nothing about this situation made any sense so I hope LE called BS on it an investigated it and just didn't share the results with the public.

PS. IMO the comments from Atty Norman Pattis on this matter made the entire issue MORE suspicious than less suspicious as if it were truly a 'non event' then why dignify it with a ridiculous comment? That area where FD went into NY is remote, wooded and not travelled and on so many levels would make a solid place IMO to hide a body. If LE didn't comb the area after the WAZE incident I hope they do so now that the leaves in the woods are coming down. It doesn't have to be a body, or body parts to be a significant evidence find IMO either. It could be a burner phone, weapon, bags, clothing etc. anything that ties FD/MT to the disappearance/murder of JF.
MOO

I think complication wasn't part of the plan.

Borrowed car, doctored license plates...

Murder. Dispose. Leave car, phone at park.

Be back home with your phone ...

His alibi would've looked solid. Her disappearance could've been a missing person, an unrelated crime or an adult, who just disappeared.

I think he thought he had it covered. In, out, fast and clean.

I think he left her body within 10 minutes of her home.... and/or he had help who took it from there.

I have to believe Jennifer fought back with everything she had.

He can't win.

Moo

I think complication wasn't part of the plan.

Borrowed car, doctored license plates...

Murder. Dispose. Leave car, phone at park.

Be back home with your phone ...

His alibi would've looked solid. Her disappearance could've been a missing person, an unrelated crime or an adult, who just disappeared.

I think he thought he had it covered. In, out, fast and clean.

I think he left her body within 10 minutes of her home.... and/or he had help who took it from there.

I have to believe Jennifer fought back with everything she had.

He can't win.

Moo
I agree with you that JF fought back and changed the narrative of this tragic tale. I do think JF 'outsmarted' FD on so many levels that it still has to enrage him to this day!

I fully believe that FD told her that everyone will believe she simply went 'missing' and that she did what she could to make sure this would never be believed!

I fully believe she did what she did to make sure that her 5 children would never in a million years believe that she would ever leave them!

MOO

I was reading some of the early media coverage and ran across this picture of MT at her first court appearance when she got the bracelet. I just keep coming back to the photo because it doesn't to me at least show someone who is at all innocent as the photo is someone that clearly wants to HIDE themselves and their face from the world. I wonder if the early photos of MT which showed a distraught face and perhaps a lot of crying was simply because she had been caught? We have seen zero interest in MT supporting the investigation and AW statements are clear that neither FD not MT cooperated with investigators in the early critical time of the investigation. If MT had zero to hide IMO at this early time in the investigation I don't think she would have been so focused hiding. I haven't gotten one indication of shame, remorse or caring from MT, not one and I think that this very telling as to her level of involvement in this tragic case. MOOMThiding.png

thanks for the picture refresh, NDreu. that one and the mugshot would be ideal photos to illustrate a " year in review" update note of children activities in 2019 included in a Christmas card by MT adoring parents along with the one of dad escorting MT into court. something to the effect of MT became interested in law and stars in a new reality tv show. o_O

I stayed up most of last night reading from the beginning. It's evident to me his goal was simply to make her gone. But where? I think he planned the narrative that she'd give jogging, met up with some imaginary sinister foe who took her. I think he planned to hide her where she couldn't be found, and even though things didn't unfold according to plan, he had a spot in mind. A photo in Thread 1 really stands out. That septic tank. Past builds. He would know where failed septic tanks were. People do what they know. Chris Watts, the oil tanks. LE should revisit every property that's even had a passing association with FD.

As for the Albany run, maybe that was "genius" on his part. He was certain HIS alibi should hold so why not discard her stuff in a neighborhood he wouldn't otherwise be in. Pin it on some other unsuspecting soul.

I think, before he'd returned to the Tacoma, he left her where he'd planned to leave her all along.

He can think he can discard her, but her beautiful heart rests in the hearts of those who love her.

MOO

Last edited:
As for the Albany run, maybe that was "genius" on his part. He was certain HIS alibi should hold so why not discard her stuff in a neighborhood he wouldn't otherwise be in. Pin it on some other unsuspecting soul.

I think, before he'd returned to the Tacoma, he left her where he'd planned to leave her all along.
MOO
RSBM:
I have to disagree that The Trash Bin Odyssey of Stupidity" was genius. They both for some unbelievable reason took their phones with them and ended up being tracked coming and going. They provided a goldmine of evidence due to that.

Also, I don't think he was trying to pin anything on anybody by going to Hartford. Albany Ave is 6.5 miles from 4JC. It was convenient. Another reason it was super not smart is because FD super impressive Ford Raptor would stand out like a sore thumb on Albany Ave and could be easily remembered and identified. FD is lucky because he easily could have been stopped by police for suspicious behavior. Police in high crime neighborhoods know who is who. FD would have drawn attention. And likely dumpster divers in that neighborhood. There is a claim by at least one to having come across a bloody pillow and knife. It's not verified but the claim is out there. Also, the claim about the carpet. Not verified but shows that the dumpster run was very risky.

It also doesn't make sense to me that a criminal from Hartford would be hanging out at WL which is 1hr 25min away, kill JD, bring her to WP afterwards, with her phone pinging all the way. Also, no stranger from Hartford is going to clean up a crime scene and dispose of a body like that. A stranger leaves the body and doesn't clean up afterwards. And doesn't bring bloody mops and sponges back with him to Hartford. Maybe it made sense to FD. I don't think FD was ever trying to pin this on anyone. I know there was the NP remark about the "lyin lover" and also something about EE but that came later. I don't think FD was trying to frame anyone at the time. I don't think he wanted any forensic evidence of any kind. He just wanted her to be considered missing. Because as he said in that interview, he knows they look at the husband first. That being said, did he really think he did any type of sufficient job in the garage that it wouldn't be called the scene of a violent assault? Really? Blood was visually discovered in the garage on Day 1. IIRC, blood on the Suburban.

The only thing FD has got right so far is that JD hasn't been found. I think EE can easily pick his truck out from among others as was noted in the AW. And I think with better photos, it will be very clear this was the truck spotted on the route.

I do wonder about the Deercliff property as it's only a 5 minute drive to Mountain Spring. And @thekirbyfamily said she went there and she felt something very haunting. JMO.

I stayed up most of last night reading from the beginning. It's evident to me his goal was simply to make her gone. But where? I think he planned the narrative that she'd give jogging, met up with some imaginary sinister foe who took her. I think he planned to hide her where she couldn't be found, and even though things didn't unfold according to plan, he had a spot in mind. A photo in Thread 1 really stands out. That septic tank. Past builds. He would know where failed septic tanks were. People do what they know. Chris Watts, the oil tanks. LE should revisit every property that's even had a passing association with FD.

He can think he can discard her, but her beautiful heart rests in the hearts of those who love her.

MOO
I agree that a “normal” murderer, if there is such a thing, would want to get rid of the body very quickly, in a manner that would be consistent with an abduction at Waveny, and would not entertain the risk of driving around with a body and bloody cleanup bags clear across the state of CT.

There are a few things about FD that are different and make me think that he might have taken that risk.

The first is that JD alerted in her divorce filings to FDs elaborate revenge fantasies against those who had wronged him. Certainly FD felt that JD had publicly and thoroughly wronged him far more than any whiny homebuilding client. By leaving and taking the kids, and not living up to FDs narcissistic demands of what his ideal wife should be (partier, waterski fanatic, in addition to submissively raising and grooming the kids), while FD remained dependent on her family money. JD had just pushed to uncover FDs financial fraud in court in the weeks leading up to her disappearance. I am sure FD was busy spinning the ultimate revenge fantasy. That might go beyond just a quick disposal of the body.

The second is JDs reports of how much FD loved blood and gore, in the form of Tarantino movies for example, and was in his own private heaven while watching scenes of gory dismemberment that caused JD to have to leave the room due to the graphic nature. FD also has family history in the tanning business. It seems likely to me that this obsession could have played into a revenge fantasy regarding how FD planned to dispose of the body. Let’s remember FDs quotes, “I’m not Charles Manson” and “I’m not a monster”. Why even mention this unless it is actually a consideration?

The third point that makes me consider whether FD would have taken the risk of driving around with a body is that we have seen that for years, FD has a track record of getting away with anything he wanted. He shows all the signs of narcissistic personality disorder, and his ability to skirt and flaunt any rule or restriction likely only built up and amplified his sense that he was quite literally above the law. The phrase “getting away with murder” may have become second nature to him.

Combining all of these elements, I would not put it past FD to take significant risks and to engage in brutal and shocking tactics as part of his plan for how to disappear JD. While it might seem most logical and least risky for a garden variety murderer to quickly dispose of the body immediately and where it would fit with a Waveny abduction theory, he may have prioritized his own sick revenge fantasies and brazen thrill of beating the system over being smart and practical as a murderer.

MOO.

ETA: I also believe that if JDs body is actually in NC area and is ever found, LE will look extremely bad given how quickly in the case they gave up searching down there and shifted all search focus up to Hartford area.
It has crossed my mind that Silver Spring Rd is so remote that it may have been possible for LE to conduct a search there and escape media attention, depending on the scale of vehicles and personnel needed. The major crime scene truck would have a literal rough road getting there, but if they only brought in a few unmarked cars with canines it might have slipped under the radar.
Which is to say perhaps there have been searches we don’t know of.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. MT was seen as a "weak sister" and too stupid to lie convincingly. Hey MT, your boyfriend thinks you're stupid.

And, hey MT, your boyfriend wants to frame you.

NDreu mentioned that’s why he handed her the “coffee towel.” Good call, I didn’t even catch that! So true he wanted her DNA on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum