Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However did Jennifer's $400k trust fund suddenly become $160k per month?! More Pattis Patter. Apparently he's not familiar with "fool me once, shame on you. Follow me twice, shame on me."
We scrutinize everything that comes out of your twisted moth, Atty. P. You and your defendant are digging yourselves as deep a grave as you both deserve.
*Apologies if this has been discussed. I am catching up on this gray day in CT. And thanks to you all for keeping this case discussion going with such insightful observations and information!
She may well have been getting extra help not provided by the trust. Sorry, I don't have cites so my own recollection is that GF was helping out by paying for the childrens' school. Here is what that costs: Tuition & Financial Aid |New Canaan Country School
Also, the above documents say JD was paying 70K per month in attorney fees. I don't know if that is an exaggeration but even if it was only 35K per month, combine that with about 200K per year for school and you're over 600K expenses already. I think attorney fees are documented in the divorce motions somewhere but I don't remember if the amount is sealed from the public.
ETA: Documents posted by @Alathea regarding asking for medical records because, you know, JD staged her own disappearance. How can NP write that with a straight face? When so much evidence already of FD involvement.

It was reported that MT was going to go to a place in NY where she had spent a year when she was 15. Piecing various strands together, it is my hypothesis that this place was an equine therapy facility for troubled teens, that is located in a more remote area where the GPS monitor would have run into signal troubles.
MOO.
Doesn’t add up .. whether it’s an equine facility or Santa Claus village.

Why does a suspected murderer (who has no money) go to the trouble of paying Bowman to argue in Court the right to leave the State for One month then , not take it .

How convenient that the GPS on her Ankle Bracelet ran into trouble and why would she care . Not her problem that a Gov’t issued Ankle Bracelet doesn’t work .

Why did MT (pull from thin air) the idea of staying at an Equine facility or her Friends house in NY then leave so quickly . I highly doubt she was worried about getting in trouble for an Ankle Bracelet glitch.

Whom did she meet and why did FD and MT both end up in NY at different times.
Was something moved from one NY location to another ?

Moo

I keep thinking/hoping Blawie is purposefully giving Atty. P a long leash to choke himself on. Still waiting for censure ...
IMO Atty. P. calling Chas/AJ to say that the paperwork had been filed late so he couldn't go on the radio show to discuss the most recent motion in Criminal Court, seems to be a violation of the 'gag order'. The motion was used to say things that couldn't be said due to the 'gag order' but then Atty. P. goes public to say 'read the motion'. Farce.

The motion was designed IMO to work around the 'gag order' but going that extra step of in effect doing proactive PR to 'advertise' that the 'motion is coming, the motion is coming' is simply making a mockery of entire 'gag order' and putting a big red flag over the entire motion to begin with IMO.

Entire situation is a farce and IDK why Atty. P. isn't being sanctioned by Judge Blawie. I also very much wonder if the atty. that was on Chaz/AJ had read the entire 'gag order appeal' document as when he was questioned, it didn't seem that he was prepared IMO.

She may well have been getting extra help not provided by the trust. Sorry, I don't have cites so my own recollection is that GF was helping out by paying for the childrens' school. Here is what that costs: Tuition & Financial Aid |New Canaan Country School
Also, the above documents say JD was paying 70K per month in attorney fees. I don't know if that is an exaggeration but even if it was only 35K per month, combine that with about 200K per year for school and you're over 600K expenses already. I think attorney fees are documented in the divorce motions somewhere but I don't remember if the amount is sealed from the public.
I was just reading abt GF paying tuition.It was in Hellers motion
As grandmother is granted custody of Dulos children, new details about family finances emerge
Also JD had at least two trusts
Jennifer Farber 2001 and Farber Family 2010
Idk if there are any more

Why does a suspected murderer (who has no money) go to the trouble of paying Bowman to argue in Court the right to leave the State for One month then , not take it .

How convenient that the GPS on her Ankle Bracelet ran into trouble and why would she care . Not her problem that a Gov’t issued Ankle Bracelet doesn’t work .

Why did MT (pull from thin air) the idea of staying at an Equine facility or her Friends house in NY then leave so quickly . I highly doubt she was worried about getting in trouble for an Ankle Bracelet glitch.

Moo
What do you think would be moved from one location to another? JD or something else? MT went to NY more than a month after the murder. The body would be severely decomposed by then. I don't think she would be moved at that point. I don't think it would be to pay a hit man because I believe FD committed this himself. And I think hit men get paid at time of service. I do think it's possible she went to some kind of rehab or mental health facility. She looked like she needed it. JMO.

It was reported that MT was going to go to a place in NY where she had spent a year when she was 15. Piecing various strands together, it is my hypothesis that this place was an equine therapy facility for troubled teens, that is located in a more remote area where the GPS monitor would have run into signal troubles.
MOO.

Maybe some ski training, with or without her daughter?

US Olympic Training Center | Lake Placid, Adirondacks

JMHO YMMV

What do you think would be moved from one location to another? JD or something else? MT went to NY more than a month after the murder. The body would be severely decomposed by then. I don't think she would be moved at that point. I don't think it would be to pay a hit man because I believe FD committed this himself. And I think hit men get paid at time of service. I do think it's possible she went to some kind of rehab or mental health facility. She looked like she needed it. JMO.

*She could have called an Equine Facility in Connecticut and volunteered her services for free room and board .

* Could have volunteered to teach children’s riding classes in CT then gone back to her Hotel at night to relax .

* Could have checked into Any retreat/ spa in Connecticut and stayed for a month. Money doesn’t seem to be in short supply with her paying Bowman $700 an hour and hotel bill.

So many options at her fingertips that would have kept her in Connecticut. Why go thru the hassle and expense of paying Bowman to ask the Court to grant her this reprieve?

Her trip could be innocuous but, knowing what we know about MT it sure seems fishy.
Moo

Are you suggesting, @acutename , that Jennifer confronted Fo on the Friday before a long weekend, a couple of days after he visited the kids, and a couple of hours before she had a string of appointments scheduled?
Nope.

whether she expressed it or not, JD must have been angry to have been courted, impregnated 5x, and then tossed aside by FD. we know also that she spent her life making concessions and allowances for his demands, and trying to protect the children from his demands on them, so I am not sure that she could have "ended" the divorce proceedings. It seems, in retrospect, that once JD lost her father, the check that he exerted on FD was gone and FD became unhinged. On paper he was still an individual with multiple degrees and something of a business- not sure the judiciary could predict that he would do what he did. I wonder if JD confronted him or if he hid and jumped her. It seems that if she had stayed locked in her car, she might have been better off. He also could have tricked her by saying that he lost something and just needed to look for it or said some other ordinary thing and then turned on her. As much as people have said that she feared him and stated that she feared him, I wonder if she had begun to believe that things actually would settle down in some way or if she never felt any sense of relief or safety.

There are some really good points to consider here.

It was reported that LE did return FDs Suburban along with the Cherokee, but kept the Tacoma. But even without Fds Suburban a lot of this remains plausible.
Fotis Dulos appears in court; some seized items to be returned
A vehicle question that remains unanswered for me is why MT and FD rented the Yukon after the crime, and why MT was driving that instead of FDs Suburban to the car wash. What vehicle did FD give to EE that day while they took the Tacoma to the car wash? The Raptor as usual? Or the Cherokee? We know from AW2 that EE was driving the Cherokee to move the Porsche seats on the 31st, so perhaps they gave the Cherokee to EE that week and rented the Yukon for MT? And kept the Raptor off the roads given it’s trek to Albany and it’s presence in NC in the 24th?

The idea that MT dropped daughter off at school and then headed down to NC is plausible, time wise. If MT left Simsbury at 8:15 or a little earlier after drop off, she’d be in NC around 10 or so, just in time to meet FD. The idea of a “spotter” during transfer of bags and body is a good one and seems to fit Fds role for MT as assistant but not in on the details. (Spotter could also have been KM). As is MTs resemblance to JD in terms of hairstyle and physique (I know this is touchy for everyone here on appearances, but having MT go for a lap around Waveny could fit later witnesses very general recall of seeing a tall, thin woman with long brown hair jogging there that day).

The “strangulation gone wrong” hypothesis is also strong I believe. I keep thinking of the Annie Le case at Yale, where the murderer/admirer strangled her the day before her wedding. People don’t realize how bloody a strangulation can be. In the Le case, which was a strangulation, the description of that crime scene and cleanup sounded very similar to the Welles garage description. Evidence of smeared blood cleanup and blood spatter on walls in both cases. The murderer in the Le case even tried to do cleanup in front of LE while being questioned at the scene!
So it’s possible FD didn’t plan for a cleanup, and that could be why he actually had to go against his concern of getting his DNA in the house to enter and use the kitchen sink to assist with cleanup.

I do find it hard to believe that FD would go down to NC without a weapon of some sort as backup though, what if he violently assaulted and attempted to strangle JD and she somehow got away or ran out screaming? Was he really that confident that he could “lay in wait” to surprise her? Maybe, given his narcissism.

It is also a possibility that FD stashed a weapon or supplies in the woods the night of the 22nd when he was down there. Not right in front of the supervisor, of course, but later on, once it got darker, he could have snuck into the woods back through the lot on Indian Waters, and left some stuff there that he could retrieve the morning of the 24th.

MOO.

Thank you! Great post!

You are right, it was returned. Perhaps MT drove the Suburban but they only put her on the mat in the back and if he discarded the mat that evening, maybe there wasn’t any DNA or blood evidence left behind after he thoroughly cleaned it by the time it was confiscated.

Perhaps if there was any truth to the knife story it was used in some capacity and was in his man pack he loves to tote around while jogging.

moo

Also, it may have appeared to FD that he did a good enough job of cleanup, but LE knows exactly what to look for and has an arsenal of forensic tools that are very useful.
The smell of bleach or cleaning agents might have tipped them off. Damp spots or water stains on a cement garage floor could also serve as a guide.
Then a quick blast of Luminol, which reacts with even trace amounts of hemoglobin in blood, and voila, the crime scene comes to life. Once they zero in on the spot, more Luminol can reveal further spatter and splashes on surrounding walls and in this case vehicles so small that FD could have been completely oblivious to with his naked eye. FD may be shocked to see what a poor cleanup job he did, in retrospect!
Not only did he perhaps do a poor cleanup, which might have also been a quick cleanup, which then leads one to think what else may he have spent time doing at Jennifer's? Was he going through her telephone (if he was able to gain access to it), her mail, (possibly insurance documents, etc), computer, jewelry, and/or other personal belongings, etc. ??

Just a thought I had....

I agree with you that this entire FD bracelet WAZE app travel 'mishap' seemed to be very poorly handled by LE based on what we know. But we do know that the bracelet provides a path that LE can follow so perhaps they did track the path of the bracelet and just didn't share this info publicly? The issue also though as others have said here is that the cell reception where the WAZE incident allegedly happened isn't the best and even drops in spots.

The entire incident with FD ending up in NY is IMO improbable as he has been driving back and forth to NC from Farmington for years and knows the available routes and how to save time or avoid traffic. Nothing about this situation made any sense so I hope LE called BS on it an investigated it and just didn't share the results with the public.

PS. IMO the comments from Atty Norman Pattis on this matter made the entire issue MORE suspicious than less suspicious as if it were truly a 'non event' then why dignify it with a ridiculous comment? That area where FD went into NY is remote, wooded and not travelled and on so many levels would make a solid place IMO to hide a body. If LE didn't comb the area after the WAZE incident I hope they do so now that the leaves in the woods are coming down. It doesn't have to be a body, or body parts to be a significant evidence find IMO either. It could be a burner phone, weapon, bags, clothing etc. anything that ties FD/MT to the disappearance/murder of JF.
MOO

leaves coming down? All that will do is COVER up anything. Why do several of you keep insisting leaves coming down will help locate anything? I’ve read this several times over the months.

leaves coming down? All that will do is COVER up anything. Why do several of you keep insisting leaves coming down will help locate anything? I’ve read this several times over the months.
You are correct that the leaves do make the ground more difficult to see. But in thickly covered wooded areas the leaves coming down open up large vistas that cannot be seen through when the leaves are up. An example of this is Irwin Park. The rear portion of Irwin (behind Irwin house) becomes wide open after the leaves drop and ditto for parts of Waveny Park. When I get a chance to return to Waveny I will take some pictures to show what I mean. There are portions of the area adjacent to the Merritt where there is low brush and small trees that cannot be seen through when the leaves are present.

Moo

I would think the time she spent in NY has been corroborated by LE to the minute. If there are blocks of time missing, she better have answers. Colangelo not being aware of her very short stay is VERY troubling. Did anyone get paid for not reporting the malfunction? Did some one “jam” or hijack the transmission from the ankle bracelet?
There is so much unaccounted for money floating around....
MT self reported monitor malfunction? REALLY??????
She should have taken the opportunity to flea the country. I’d be long gone. Guess she thinks Vail will be one big happy family. Nicole. Gaston. Pablo. Fotis.

However did Jennifer's $400k trust fund suddenly become $160k per month?! More Pattis Patter. Apparently he's not familiar with "fool me once, shame on you. Follow me twice, shame on me."
We scrutinize everything that comes out of your twisted moth, Atty. P. You and your defendant are digging yourselves as deep a grave as you both deserve.
*Apologies if this has been discussed. I am catching up on this gray day in CT. And thanks to you all for keeping this case discussion going with such insightful observations and information!
GF had been assisting JF since the move to NC. Mainly from Family Court documents I believe we know the following was provided by GF: 1/2 GAL fees - roughly $150,000 yr, 1/2 legal fees - unknown but use $50,000/month estimate as there was atty + PI, and 5 children's tuition - $250,000/yr.

I am not seeing how this adds up to $160,000/month using "Pattis Math - a "new" concept in deception IMO", but clearly the GF support provided to JF was substantial.

It is believed that JF paid the other 1/2 of GAL fees (FD owes GAL $60,000 and maybe when he stopped paying JF started to pay IDK that this payment arrangement with GAL has ever been explained), NC rent was roughly $12,000/month.

MOO

You are correct that the leaves do make the ground more difficult to see. But in thickly covered wooded areas the leaves coming down open up large vistas that cannot be seen through when the leaves are up. An example of this is Irwin Park. The rear portion of Irwin (behind Irwin house) becomes wide open after the leaves drop and ditto for parts of Waveny Park. When I get a chance to return to Waveny I will take some pictures to show what I mean. There are portions of the area adjacent to the Merritt where there is low brush and small trees that cannot be seen through when the leaves are present.

ok. So you can see through wide areas now. And?
Do you think that these areas can now be explored? To the extent they were not gone through early on? I understand the visual. I fail to connect the no leaves on trees to the locating any more evidence. Will the areas be more accessible? Maybe some seldom used footpaths will become visible?

Just to add a scientific note: those leaves are organic, they will/do speed up the process of decomposition of a body (fact based info from the UTenn. body farm), they will enhance the odors of aerobic & anaerobic bacteria on/from the body and the "dirt" and will enhance the activity of both fungi and insects. Given the atmospheric conditions of our Summer & Fall, an exposed to the elements body would experience a significant, rapid decomposition by this time frame.

ok. So you can see through wide areas now. And?
Do you think that these areas can now be explored? To the extent they were not gone through early on? I understand the visual. I fail to connect the no leaves on trees to the locating any more evidence. Will the areas be more accessible? Maybe some seldom used footpaths will become visible?
Also, this is the time of year when hunters start to get out and about. Many poor souls discovered by hunters.

There is a lot of low-lying brushy native plants out in the woods in southern CT. It was especially lush back in May due to a wet, humid spring that spurred a lot of growth. I run and hike in the woods and it is definitely much more overgrown and bushy in the spring, then in the fall there are tons of fallen leaves, yes, but often you can see through the woods more clearly as @afitzy states. Things that might have seemed well obscured with leafy green cover back in spring and summer could be revealed now.
Fall is also a time where there’s a lot of raking and leaf blowing going on, landscape crews are out working and sometimes dump the leaves in the woods or dig around generally. In the Navin case in Weston not far from this case, the bodies were hidden in the brushy woods behind an uninhabited house in August, and it was on October 29 when a landscaping company was doing some fall cleanup that the blue tarps and duct tape were spotted. So there is precedent for things to be revealed once the leaves fall, and the forest undergrowth dies back.

If a Prosecutor hadn’t been informed that MT returned how kn
Just to add a scientific note: those leaves are organic, they will/do speed up the process of decomposition of a body (fact based info from the UTenn. body farm), they will enhance the odors of aerobic & anaerobic bacteria on/from the body and the "dirt" and will enhance the activity of both fungi and insects. Given the atmospheric conditions of our Summer & Fall, an exposed to the elements body would experience a significant, rapid decomposition by this time frame.
Easier for Canine Dogs to see and sniff .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member