Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If understaffing continues to be a problem, as
NCPD Chief laments, why not work to address
that deficiency? Why is NCPD unable to attract qualified applicants, then something
smells wrong internally. No?

Understaffing is almost always a function of better benefits elsewhere. We've just gone through that in a major city on the West coast. However, NCPD should have been able to anticipate the retirements and act, too.

However, what I really found unsettling is that traffic fines are a major source of income for the city and department. That statement lends credence to the concept of quotas under which LE works. Looking for opportunities to issue tickets isn't a healthy way to establish a good working relationship with the citizens of NC or out-of-town visitors. :(:(:(
MOO

Last edited:
P-01
SAVINGS BANK OF DANBURY
Attorney:
newred.gif
lile.gif
STOKESBURY SHIPMAN & FINGOLD LLC (435949)
10 WATERSIDE DRIVE
SUITE 204
FARMINGTON, CT 06032 File Date: 12/10/2019
Plaintiff
D-01
FORE GROUP. INC.
Non-Appearing
DefendantD-02
FOTIS DULOS
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-03
HARRY MASIELLO
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-04
IOANNIS AKA YANNIS TOUTZIARIDIS
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-05
GLORIA FARBER, EXECUTOR OF THE ESTATE OF HILLIARD FARBER
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-06
KENCORE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, INC.
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-07
LYON & BILLARD COMPANY
Non-Appearing
Defendant
D-08
CYCLONE HOME SYSTEMS, LLC
Non-Appearing

Hmmmmm….What is unfortunate is GF sits in the 4th or 5th position on claims against the property. Hope Attorney Weinstein can represent her/the children's interests well.

No sympathies for FD....but I still wouldn't buy any of these properties until JFD's body has been found. But, that's just me. Maybe the prices will be reduced to a realistic amount.....

KARMA...MOO...IMO

Someone posted this information in the Frazee thread and IMO there is some useful information that is relevant to the JFd case.

Traits of the Psychopath’s Victim | Psychopaths and Love

Red Flags of a Psychopath | Psychopaths and Love

Quotes About Psychopaths | Psychopaths and Love

James Baldwin > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one’s head spin. But the way to be really despicable is to be contemptuous of other people’s pain.”

― James Baldwin, Giovanni’s Room

So much of this rings true. Sadly, many don't recognize what is happening while we are in the middle of it. I learned a lot from this woman's book while processing my separation/divorce: Lovefraud.com - How to recognize and recover from sociopaths, narcissists, psychopaths and other manipulators

If understaffing continues to be a problem, as
NCPD Chief laments, why not work to address
that deficiency? Why is NCPD unable to attract qualified applicants, then something
smells wrong internally. No?
IMO NCPD has no staffing issues and they also have one of the largest PD budgets per capita in the State. My sense is that the staffing situation was impacted by the search process and the protection possibly of Welles in the early days of the case. State Police took on the investigation and management of the case so I'm curious what NCPD is using now in terms of its resources for the investigation. My guess is that the staffing issues could perhaps be at the State Police level as the State has been hit by a whole series of very serious crimes recently (4 big cases just in the last month with the Vanessa Morales case in Ansonia being the most recent). Perhaps short staffing at the State Police has pushed back on the locals? IDK.

This could also be possibly about reimbursement issues for the investigation as there is always ongoing argument about reimbursement from Hartford for anything whether its education or any number of other issues. IMO money flows one way strongly (to Hartford) and not so strongly back to Fairfield County but this is a political debate that has been going on for 100s of years and won't be resolved to anyones satisfaction ever unfortunately!

MOO

Understaffing is almost always a function of better benefits elsewhere. We've just gone through that in a major city on the West coast. However, NCPD should have been able to anticipate the retirements and act, too.

However, what I really found unsettling is that traffic fines are a major source of income for the city and department. That statement lends credence to the concept of quotas under which LE works. Looking for opportunities to issue tickets isn't a healthy way to establish a good working relationship with the citizens of NC or out-of-town visitors. :(:(:(
MOO
The speeding ticket public safety budget model is the price you pay, literally, for living in a place with generally very low crime rates. The up side is that the police have quick response times for true emergencies, and as we see here they do take major crimes seriously. It’s just a very different policing model than in major urban areas, with pros and cons.

Attorney: Gag order prevents defense’s ‘bold, public strategy’ in Jennifer Dulos case

For anyone interested with the 'gag order appeal' process which will be heard on Thursday. Here is the language for the relevant sections from the CT Practices Manual (pages 44 and 45).

COMMENTARY: Many forms of improper influence upon a tribunal are proscribed by criminal law. Others are specified in the ABA Model Code of Judicial Conduct, with which an advocate should be familiar. A lawyer is required to avoid contributing to a violation of such provisions.

During a proceeding a lawyer may not communicate ex parte with persons serving in an official capacity in the proceed- ing, such as judges, masters or jurors, unless authorized to do so by law or court order.

A lawyer may on occasion want to communicate with a juror or prospective juror after the jury has been discharged. The lawyer may do so unless the communication is prohibited by law or a court order but must respect the desire of the juror not to talk with the lawyer. The lawyer may not engage in improper conduct during the communication.

The advocate’s function is to present evidence and argu- ment so that the cause may be decided according to law. Refraining from abusive or obstreperous conduct is a corollary of the advocate’s right to speak on behalf of litigants. A lawyer may stand firm against abuse by a judge but should avoid reciprocation; the judge’s default is no justification for similar dereliction by an advocate. An advocate can present the cause, protect the record for subsequent review and preserve professional integrity by patient firmness no less effectively than by belligerence or theatrics.

Rule 3.6. Trial Publicity

(a) A lawyer who is participating or has partici- pated in the investigation or litigation of a matter shall not make an extrajudicial statement that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know will be disseminated by means of public communication and will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding in the matter.

(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a), a lawyer may make a statement that a reasonable lawyer would believe is required to protect a client from the substantial undue prejudicial effect of recent publicity not initiated by the lawyer or the lawyer’s client. A statement made pursuant to this subsec- tion shall be limited to such information as is nec- essary to mitigate the recent adverse publicity.

(c) No lawyer associated in a firm or govern- ment agency with a lawyer subject to subsection (a) shall make a statement prohibited by subsec- tion (a).

(P.B. 1978-1997, Rule 3.6.) (Amended June 24, 2002, to take effect Jan. 1, 2003; amended June 26, 2006, to take effect Jan. 1, 2007.)

COMMENTARY: (1) It is difficult to strike a balance between protecting the right to a fair trial and safeguarding the right of free expression. Preserving the right to a fair trial necessarily entails some curtailment of the information that may be dis- seminated about a party prior to trial, particularly where trial by jury is involved. If there were no such limits, the result would be the practical nullification of the protective effect of the rules of forensic decorum and the exclusionary rules of evidence. On the other hand, there are vital social interests served by the free dissemination of information about events having legal consequences and about legal proceedings them- selves. The public has a right to know about threats to its safety and measures aimed at assuring its security. It also

has a legitimate interest in the conduct of judicial proceedings, particularly in matters of general public concern. Furthermore, the subject matter of legal proceedings is often of direct signifi- cance in debate and deliberations over questions of public policy.

(2) Special rules of confidentiality may validly govern pro- ceedings in juvenile, domestic relations and mental disability proceedings, and perhaps other types of litigation. Rule 3.4 (3) requires compliance with such Rules.

(3) The Rule sets forth a basic general prohibition against a lawyer making statements that the lawyer knows or should know will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding. Recognizing that the public value of informed commentary is great and the likelihood of prejudice to a proceeding by the commentary of a lawyer who is not involved in the proceeding is small, the Rule applies only to lawyers who are, or who have been involved in the investiga- tion or litigation of a case, and their associates.

(4) Certain subjects would not ordinarily be considered to present a substantial likelihood of material prejudice, such as: (a) the claim, offense or defense involved and, except when

prohibited by law, the identity of the persons involved;
(b) information contained in a public record;
(c) that an investigation of the matter is in progress;
(d) the scheduling or result of any step in litigation;
(e) a request for assistance in obtaining evidence and infor-

mation necessary thereto;
(f) a warning of danger concerning the behavior of a person

involved, when there is reason to believe that there exists the likelihood of substantial harm to an individual or to the public interest; and

(g) in a criminal case: in addition to subparagraphs (a) through (f):

(i) identity, residence, occupation and family status of the accused;

(ii) if the accused has not been apprehended, information necessary to aid in apprehension of that person;

(iii) the fact, time and place of arrest; and

(iv) the identity of investigating and arresting officers or agencies and the length of the investigation.

(5) There are, on the other hand, certain subjects which are more likely than not to have a material prejudicial effect on a proceeding, particularly when they refer to a civil matter triable to a jury, a criminal matter, or any other proceeding that could result in incarceration. These subjects relate to:

(a) the character, credibility, reputation or criminal record of a party, suspect in a criminal investigation or witness, or the identity of a witness, or the expected testimony of a party or witness;

(b) in a criminal case or proceeding that could result in incarceration, the possibility of a plea of guilty to the offense or the existence or contents of any confession, admission, or statement given by a defendant or suspect or that person’s refusal or failure to make a statement;

(c) the performance or results of any examination or test or the refusal or failure of a person to submit to an examination or test, or the identity or nature of physical evidence expected to be presented;

(d) any opinion as to the guilt or innocence of a defendant or suspect in a criminal case or proceeding that could result in incarceration;

(e) information that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know is likely to be inadmissible as evidence in a trial and that would, if disclosed, create a substantial risk of prejudicing an impartial trial; or

(f) the fact that a defendant has been charged with a crime, unless there is included therein a statement explaining that

 Copyrighted by the Secretary of the State of the State of Connecticut

RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT Rule 3.8

the charge is merely an accusation and that the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

(6) Another relevant factor in determining prejudice is the nature of the proceeding involved. Criminal jury trials will be most sensitive to extrajudicial speech. Civil trials may be less sensitive. Nonjury hearings and arbitration proceedings may be even less affected. The Rule will still place limitations on prejudical comments in these cases, but the likelihood of preju- dice may be different depending on the type of proceeding.

(7) Finally, extrajudicial statements that might otherwise raise a question under this Rule may be permissible when they are made in response to statements made publicly by another party, another party’s lawyer, or third persons, where a reasonable lawyer would believe a public response is required in order to avoid prejudice to the lawyer’s client. When prejudicial statements have been publicly made by others, responsive statements may have the salutary effect of less- ening any resulting adverse impact on the adjudicative pro- ceeding. Such responsive statements should be limited to contain only such information as is necessary to mitigate undue prejudice created by the statements made by others.

(8) See Rule 3.8 (5) for additional duties of prosecutors in connection with extrajudicial statements about criminal pro-

Is the hearing going to be at 10am? Also horrible reporting by Lisa Backus the prosecutor is called Robert Schleinblum not Richard. She's getting him confused with Richard Colangelo lol.

SC 20363 STATE OF CONNECTICUT v. FOTIS DULOS Status: Assigned

Appeal By: Defendant Disposition Method:
Argued Date: 12/12/2019 10:00 AM Disposition Date:

So much of this rings true. Sadly, many don't recognize what is happening while we are in the middle of it. I learned a lot from this woman's book while processing my separation/divorce: Lovefraud.com - How to recognize and recover from sociopaths, narcissists, psychopaths and other manipulators
Thanks for this. I'm still here for Jennifer. Women don't know what is happening. Only after is it crystal clear. The damage has already been done. IME. Justice For Jennifer.
ETA: I can no longer post objectively. So I mostly just read now.

DULOS FOTIS SAVINGS BANK OF DANBURY v. FORE GROUP. INC.
lile.gif
FST-CV-19-6044836-S Stamford JD D-02

12/10/2019 P SUMMONS
Document.gif

12/10/2019 P COMPLAINT
Document.gif

12/10/2019 P ADDITIONAL PARTIES PAGE
Document.gif

100.30 12/10/2019 P RETURN OF SERVICE
Document.gif
Glad to see that Danbury Savings Bank is finally waking up to the fact that they have an 'issue' with this property in terms of valuation and marketability. Better late than never as sadly this issue has been in place for months now based on market conditions.

The note amount is $2,795,000 and the median list price in NC right now is $404/sf (listing price states $422/sf for the property). Price cut of $25,000 happened 12/10 (gotta love coincidences....). List is $3,975,000 which if sold at this price (IMO unlikely in present market and the extenuating circumstance) would SURPR$SE SURPR$E cover the trade liens and probably most of Fd "Friend loans" BUT SURPR$SE SURPR$SE most likely NOT cover the GF pretrial lien amt of $500,000 unfortunately.

I just wonder if the Civil case ever got to the bottom of whether the Fd "Friend loans" were actually funded or not and whether the trade liens were real and true or whether they were simply sham tools set up by friends of FD too? Are these just shams that have been documented by Fd attorney (believed to be Atty Markowitz) to give the appearance of a loan but aren't in fact loans? IF these loans aren't really loans and this can be proven then doesn't it seem possible that this activity by FORE/Fd just kinda/mighta/maybe be fraudulent and designed such to prevent GF from collecting on any judgment in the Civil Case?

I've been long bothered by this entire situation and sadly our visibility on the Civil Trial was such that we weren't able to answer all the many questions about the 'friend loans' on the various FORE properties. I do very much hope that Atty Weinstein is all over this issue and my guess with almost total certainty is that he is all over it like the legal pitfall that he has proven to be!

Here is listing on Zillow:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/61-Sturbridge-Hill-Rd-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57327003_zpid/

We have been talking about the 61 Sturbridge Hill, New Canaan, CT property for awhile now and so its interesting that Fd is unable to surface $15,000 to keep the interest current.

I've also long wondered if the trade claims on this Sturbridge property are 'real' or simply part of the Fd/FORE games that sadly appear to be ongoing. Did Fd/FORE stiff the trade on this build or are they simply tools in this ongoing battle to make sure that GF/Trust collects zero.

The irony of all of this is that the actual beneficiary I believe of any collections on the Civil Suit are the 5 Dulos children. SO, to see Fd/FORE go to the lengths that it is to keep money out of the hands of his own children who he has done ZERO to financially support since JFd left 4Jx in 2017 is actually something I have no issue labelling as 'monstrous'! Yep, something else to add to the growing list of documented 'monstrous' behaviour.

I do wonder though given the scope of the FORE real estate and the clearly documented games that appear to be going on whether a State appointed receiver might not just be the only way to ensure that creditors are protected? I am not convinced that FORE or Fd is operating in good faith on any level with regards to its legal obligations and so outside intervention might just been needed to ensure fair dealing.

MOO

Thanks for this. I'm still here for Jennifer. Women don't know what is happening. Only after is it crystal clear. The damage has already been done. IME. Justice For Jennifer.
ETA: I can no longer post objectively. So I mostly just read now.
@BellaVita, glad to see you here! You have been missed during these quiet times!

In a motion filed last month that was posted to the state judicial website on Tuesday, the Savings Bank of Danbury is seeking $2,795,000 that it claims Dulos owes on a five bedroom, seven bathroom home that his company, Fore Group, Inc., built on Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan.
It is among the public and private properties authorities searched following Jennifer Dulos' disappearance; other searched sites included Waveny Park in New Canaan, a reservoir in West Hartford, and other locations in and around New Canaan and Hartford
As shown below, the Sturbridge Hill Road home is currently on the market for $3,975,000, and has been listed on realtor.com for 104 days, as of Dec. 10. The colonial-style home measures 9,424 square feet, rests on 2.43 acres, and features a host of luxury finishes.
In addition to Fotis Dulos, investors in the property, Rhode Island businessman Harry Masiello and Greek businessman Ioannis Toutziaridis, also have been named as defendants. Together, the two invested $1.1 million in the property. Additionally, Fotis Dulos' estranged mother-in-law, Gloria Farber, also is a named defendant by way of a lien she placed on the property.
Missing Mom Case: Fotis Dulos Facing Foreclosure On Another Home

In a motion filed last month that was posted to the state judicial website on Tuesday, the Savings Bank of Danbury is seeking $2,795,000 that it claims Dulos owes on a five bedroom, seven bathroom home that his company, Fore Group, Inc., built on Sturbridge Hill Road in New Canaan.
It is among the public and private properties authorities searched following Jennifer Dulos' disappearance; other searched sites included Waveny Park in New Canaan, a reservoir in West Hartford, and other locations in and around New Canaan and Hartford
As shown below, the Sturbridge Hill Road home is currently on the market for $3,975,000, and has been listed on realtor.com for 104 days, as of Dec. 10. The colonial-style home measures 9,424 square feet, rests on 2.43 acres, and features a host of luxury finishes.
In addition to Fotis Dulos, investors in the property, Rhode Island businessman Harry Masiello and Greek businessman Ioannis Toutziaridis, also have been named as defendants. Together, the two invested $1.1 million in the property. Additionally, Fotis Dulos' estranged mother-in-law, Gloria Farber, also is a named defendant by way of a lien she placed on the property.
Missing Mom Case: Fotis Dulos Facing Foreclosure On Another Home
IMO this picture from Associated Press about covers the Fd financial situation as I'm not sure he is 'winning':

upload_2019-12-10_18-32-15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member