Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but we have no known timeline of MT. That week. That morning. There was no group shower. She didn’t see him in the AM. Why? Maybe cuz She wasn’t there? Maybe it’s not FD in the garage with the dumpster divers knife. Maybe it’s MT.

Mr. “I know what I did and I know what I didn’t do”, may be referring to that morning, the cleanup, the coverup and ALL his financial shenanigans.
Maybe MT hasn’t made a plea becuz these two have each other by the throat. What if MT is actually driving this bus and FD is playing second fiddle? Maybe He cleaned up and helped her cover, so she would not spill all the financial info that would implode his civil case. She knows everything. Possible years of Tax fraud? Vacay/“business” trips, money in foreign banks, questionable loans, moo moo moo. She literally has him by the acorns. He tells on her, she tells on him.

I think we’ve been watching a big game of Chicken. Someone brought up her initial appearance after the first arrest, vs her swagger now. She was petrified at that first court appearance. As months have passed and she has watched FD play his hand, she has literally unfolded from having her head against a police station parking lot wall and a sweater over her face, to a highly held botoxed head, on a straightened back, striding into court flanked by her entourage.

IMO we may be looking at it wrong ,the answer to why she did not flee JXing with her daughter, after realizing JD was missing and she might have just helped her killer dump JDs remains in trash cans, may not be because she’s a self absorbed poorly skilled mother, but because he is not the killer.

I’ve always thought it was odd that MT hired a lawyer first- with FD by her side.

Just throwing something out there to mull over. Trying to make the puzzle pieces fit- or I need some sleep. Sure would be nice to see AW3 show photos of other cars coming and going from JXing.
Thanks for bringing this idea back for discussion!

We have gone round and round on thoughts about MT, her motives, motivation, thinking or absence thereof and why she stayed at 4Jx.

Going along with your theory though I do wonder if perhaps then the State might be pursuing a deal with FD INSTEAD of MT? Its tough because Atty. P. IMO isn't known as a crafter of 'deals' for his clients as his normal path is to take his clients to trial, his clients get convicted by jury and the keys are tossed on his clients once they end up in prison generally.

BUT, if the circumstances are such that a deal might offer less prison time for FD then perhaps we might see that happen? IDK. OR, would you expect Atty. P. to take the case/s to trial and then present the evidence against MT in hopes of a reduced sentence vs whatever deal is offered by the State?

My guess is that the State has to complete the investigation to figure out which of the co-conspirators to deal with. It seems that the State early on tried to deal with MT and it doesn't seem (at least publicly) that this has gone anywhere.

I do wonder though if both Atty. P. and Atty Bowman simply want to roll the dice with a jury trial and decline any deal from the State?

This last option seems a bit risky IMO given that the CCTV available looks to be voluminous along the route from Farmington to NC. Just need one picture of EACH MT and FD IMO combined with forensic evidence from Albany and MIRA and then the Jury is off for discussion.

Lots to think about IMO for the co-conspirators.

MOO

File:The Playwrights’ Collective Theater Company.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Photo of group including "Jennifer Farber" from Playwrights Collective Theater Co

This should be sent to the media- a good solid media contact. Maybe some of these members could be followed up with for a story on JDs younger creative days. We need to keep JD in the news as the creative, caring person she was.
FD and NP are going to spin her as a hermit writing Gone Girl fluff and ignoring the kids up in her writing turret at 4JC. There is no gag order on showing JDs life as a creative, caring person. The news has focused so much on FD, there might be a story on JD in here somewhere.

This should be sent to the media- a good solid media contact. Maybe some of these members could be followed up with for a story on JDs younger creative days. We need to keep JD in the news as the creative, caring person she was.
FD and NP are going to spin her as a hermit writing Gone Girl fluff and ignoring the kids up in her writing turret at 4JC. There is no gag order on showing JDs life as a creative, caring person. The news has focused so much on FD, there might be a story on JD in here somewhere.
So great.

Call me crazy, but we have no known timeline of MT. That week. That morning. There was no group shower. She didn’t see him in the AM. Why? Maybe cuz She wasn’t there? Maybe it’s not FD in the garage with the dumpster divers knife. Maybe it’s MT.

Mr. “I know what I did and I know what I didn’t do”, may be referring to that morning, the cleanup, the coverup and ALL his financial shenanigans.
Maybe MT hasn’t made a plea becuz these two have each other by the throat. What if MT is actually driving this bus and FD is playing second fiddle? Maybe He cleaned up and helped her cover, so she would not spill all the financial info that would implode his civil case. She knows everything. Possible years of Tax fraud? Vacay/“business” trips, money in foreign banks, questionable loans, moo moo moo. She literally has him by the acorns. He tells on her, she tells on him.

I think we’ve been watching a big game of Chicken. Someone brought up her initial appearance after the first arrest, vs her swagger now. She was petrified at that first court appearance. As months have passed and she has watched FD play his hand, she has literally unfolded from having her head against a police station parking lot wall and a sweater over her face, to a highly held botoxed head, on a straightened back, striding into court flanked by her entourage.

IMO we may be looking at it wrong ,the answer to why she did not flee JXing with her daughter, after realizing JD was missing and she might have just helped her killer dump JDs remains in trash cans, may not be because she’s a self absorbed poorly skilled mother, but because he is not the killer.

I’ve always thought it was odd that MT hired a lawyer first- with FD by her side.

Just throwing something out there to mull over. Trying to make the puzzle pieces fit- or I need some sleep. Sure would be nice to see AW3 show photos of other cars coming and going from JXing.

We have gone round and round on thoughts about MT, her motives, motivation, thinking or absence thereof and why she stayed at 4Jx.

We saw how Atty Bowman did a 180 degree turn in Civil court with the MT deposition, the [REDACTED] motions and shutting down access to his client etc. This all leads me to believe that MT is 'all in' and in line with your suggested theory could very well be the planner and executor of the plan!

The other thing that is so difficult about trying to figure this out IMO is that its unclear whether EITHER MT or FD have come any closer to going 'open kimono' with their attys? Atty. P. spouted the 'alibi script' nonsense for months and frankly IMO looked like an uninformed village idiot defending his client (unless of course this was the plan all along to prove incompetent counsel down the road to overturn any eventual verdict-hate thinking along these lines but with Atty. P. seems possible so I don't think it can be discounted, along with the 'impossible to have a fair trial in CT defense!).

So, we know that FD lied to Atty. P. for a good long while, but we don't know if this situation has changed. Ditto for MT. My guess is that MT might have perhaps/maybe/kinda/sorta clued in Atty Bowman a bit more given what we saw from him in terms of response on the MT deposition in Civil Court. Its sad as I thought Atty Bowman might be a better poker player than he has turned out to be but my guess is that he has been dealt an absolutely crappy hand of cards with MT and is simply trying the best he can to keep her out of prison for life at this point!

Going along with your theory though I do wonder if perhaps then the State might be pursuing a deal with FD INSTEAD of MT? Its tough because Atty. P. IMO isn't known as a crafter of 'deals' for his clients as his normal path is to take his clients to trial, his clients get convicted by jury and the keys are tossed on his clients once they end up in prison generally.

BUT, if the circumstances are such that a deal might offer less prison time for FD then perhaps we might see that happen? IDK. OR, would you expect Atty. P. to take the case/s to trial and then present the evidence against MT in hopes of a reduced sentence vs whatever deal is offered by the State?

My guess is that the State has to complete the investigation to figure out which of the co-conspirators to deal with. It seems that the State early on tried to deal with MT and it doesn't seem (at least publicly) that this has gone anywhere.

I do wonder though if both Atty. P. and Atty Bowman simply want to roll the dice with a jury trial and decline any deal from the State?

This last option seems a bit risky IMO given that the CCTV available looks to be voluminous along the route from Farmington to NC. Just need one picture of EACH MT and FD IMO combined with forensic evidence from Albany and MIRA and then the Jury is off for discussion.

MOO

Wonderful picture and excellent suggestion!

Here is the photo from the above link!

upload_2019-12-18_15-54-20.pngupload_2019-12-18_15-54-20.png

I agree that so often missing victims and who they are as people often get lost in the process of seeking justice. JD was an accomplished professional by all accounts and her devotion and caring for her children cannot be disputed.

The FD comments regarding JD writing practices IMO speaks to his self focus and absolute ignorance on the process of writing as a largely solitary practice. I'm not sure how JFd could have 'babysat' FD while at the same time completing another book or writing her blog. I do think the FD comments were 'sour grapes' that the attention of JFd was not all on him all the time and that she needed the time to write and reflect that is oftentimes so much a part of being a writer IMO.

Before she moved to Farmington to live a child centred and more isolated life, JFd was an accomplished writer and playwright. I wish we had more information about her time in NY, LA and CO.

I do very much hope that the more recent book she was allegedly working on that was more autobiographical in nature does make its way into evidence at trial at some point.

IMO moving from NY to Farmington took JFd out of her element and largely isolated her from the world of the familiar. My guess is that FD very much did this quite intentionally. To move from NY to a suburban scene quite far away from her NY roots would have been a culture shock at best and isolating and possibly depressing at worst. It appears from what limited info we have that JFd did become immersed in the school community as she sought to support her children's growth and development.

It always fascinated me that the school community was quite vocal in its great support and accolades for JFd, while at the same time saying FD was largely absent and non present parent. Not one word of support from either of the schools that the 5 Dulos children attended for FD. Not one! Its not surprising I guess given what was then heard and demonstrated by FD in the Family Court files.

I just find it all ironic that FD claims to love and care about his children as there has been not one person (other than the Greeks that saw him perhaps 1 week out of the year!) to talk about his involvement with his children and their development.

MOO

MOO
If there is truly video of FD at 69 WL, what deal could he possibly get? Could it be less than 20 years? At his age, 20 years could be close to life in prison. No way would I make a deal. Might as well roll the dice with a trial. IMO.

If there is truly video of FD at 69 WL, what deal could he possibly get? Could it be less than 20 years? At his age, 20 years could be close to life in prison. No way would I make a deal. Might as well roll the dice with a trial. IMO.
Yes, totally agree that this could be the calculus that Atty. P. believes to be true. So, it looks like it will be a trial.

But I do wonder though how it will play out if each of the co-conspirators turns on the other?

Will this result in chaos or clarity? Conviction or not?

Lots to think about.... MOO

I'm always dreaming that I'm on the elevator at St. Ann's in Brooklyn, where I went to school, and I can't get to the seventh floor or the eighth floor, or the elevator man isn't there or I haven't completed my degree and I have to go back and take classes.
Jennifer Farber, playwright, Greenwich Village
Streets of Dreams; When You're Asleep, New York Becomes Another World

File:The Playwrights’ Collective Theater Company.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Photo of group including "Jennifer Farber" from Playwrights Collective Theater Co

Fantastic find. Colette Burson's link on the page takes you to more info about the group. As noted below, Carrie Luft was one of the founding members along with Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Colette Burson - Wikipedia

Burson was a founding member of the theater company the Playwrights Collective, working at the company from 1991 until 1999, along with Kate Robin, Eduardo Machado, Lucy Thurber, Dan Rybicky, Jennifer Farber Dulos, Carrie Luft, Dmitry Lipkin and Wendy Riss.[citation needed]

IMO.

MOO

My god-just the thought of attempting to strike a deal with FD and NP makes me want to scream!!! I really don’t think MT is the killer, for several reasons...1) FD is the one who made the arrangement to use EE’s truck. If FD wasn’t a party to the murder, this would have been quite a coincidence. 2) FD didn’t want EE saying anything to MT. 3) While MT may have had a motive to do it, nobody’s motive was greater than FD’s-he wanted total control of the kids, he wanted all of the money and assets, and he was likely heavily involved in financial wrongdoing which, by itself would have sent him to prison for a while, even if he never laid a finger on Jennifer, if she spilled all of the financial gobbledygook. And, but for the fact that FD and MT had their phones with them, LE likely would never have found all of the evidence on Albany Ave and MIRA-he planned this fairly well, IMO, otherwise. 4) FD has a notoriously hair trigger temper 5) people who spent lots of time with him over the years think he did it and were afraid of him, not MT.

Last edited:
My god-just the thought of attempting to strike a deal with FD and NP makes me want to scream!!! I really don’t think MT is the killer, for several reasons...1) FD is the one who made the arrangement to use EE’s truck. If FD wasn’t a party to the murder, this would have been quite a coincidence. 2) FD didn’t want EE saying anything to MT. 3) While MT may have had a motive to do it, nobody’s motive was greater than FD’s-he wanted total control of the kids, he wanted all of the money and assets, and he was likely heavily involved in financial wrongdoing which, by itself would have sent him to prison for a while, even if he never laid a finger on Jennifer, if she spilled all of the financial gobbledygook. And, but for the fact that FD and MT had their phones with them, LE likely would never have found all of the evidence on Albany Ave and MIRA-he planned this fairly well, IMO, otherwise. 4) FD has a notoriously hair trigger temper 5) people who spent lots of time with him over the years think he did it and were afraid of him, not MT.
Can't disagree with your logic on all this at all!

This case has co-conspirators with virtually identical charges and so the dynamics IMO might be different than the more usual single perp scenario. I've gone searching for co-conspirator cases with a pre-meditated murder scenario and its not as common as you might think! I still haven't found one that is close enough to the scenario we are dealing with to bring it in for discussion and comparison. If anyone knows of a good case please bring it in and in the meantime I will continue looking!

I do think the process of trying to understand what might have happened to JFd from both of the co-conspirators perspectives as individuals might be illuminating.

It does seem clear though that MT and FD were a team of sorts. It doesn't seem to have been a well oiled machine kind of team though as there were clearly weak links in the plan and possibly the co-conspirators as well!

Right now it looks a bit like a 'push me pull you' kind of team and I'm just trying to figure out who exactly is the head of the animal and who is the rear!

upload_2019-12-18_17-16-59.pngupload_2019-12-18_17-16-59.png

Fantastic find. Colette Burson's link on the page takes you to more info about the group. As noted below, Carrie Luft was one of the founding members along with Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Colette Burson - Wikipedia

Burson was a founding member of the theater company the Playwrights Collective, working at the company from 1991 until 1999, along with Kate Robin, Eduardo Machado, Lucy Thurber, Dan Rybicky, Jennifer Farber Dulos, Carrie Luft, Dmitry Lipkin and Wendy Riss.[citation needed]

IMO.

Great find, too....Did you notice one of the other member of the company was Carrie Luft...JFD's close friend? The Wiki Article also uses JFD married name.

Great find, too....Did you notice one of the other member of the company was Carrie Luft...JFD's close friend? The Wiki Article also uses JFD married name.

Yes, I noted Carrie Luft and Dulos for Jennifer in my OP.

This case has co-conspirators with virtually identical charges and so the dynamics IMO might be different than the more usual single perp scenario. I've gone searching for co-conspirator cases with a pre-meditated murder scenario and its not as common as you might think! I still haven't found one that is close enough to the scenario we are dealing with to bring it in for discussion and comparison. If anyone knows of a good case please bring it in and in the meantime I will continue looking!

I do think the process of trying to understand what might have happened to JFd from both of the co-conspirators perspectives as individuals might be illuminating.

It does seem clear though that MT and FD were a team of sorts. It doesn't seem to have been a well oiled machine kind of team though as there were clearly weak links in the plan and possibly the co-conspirators as well!

Right now it looks a bit like a 'push me pull you' kind of team and I'm just trying to figure out who exactly is the head of the animal and who is the rear!

View attachment 220991View attachment 220991

The Elephant

A tail behind, a trunk in front,
Complete the usual elephant.
The tail in front, the trunk behind,
Is what you very seldom find.

If you for specimens should hunt
With trunks behind and tails in front.
That hunt would occupy you long;
The force of habit is so strong.

A. E. Housman

The closest I can think of to this case was Frazee and his mistress. But, then again I don't know a lot of cases....

I think some things could be learned from the Navin/Valiente case, which of course has been brought up here in the past.
Read this article below with MTs name in place of Valiente, and FD in place of Navin.
Girlfriend connected to killing of boyfriend’s parents accepts 8 year plea deal
Look closely at how the plea deal was handled and the Alford plea, and what NP argues is required for conspiracy.
And the importance that part of the deal is that she never cooperated with the state or agreed to testify, because that could implicate her and void the plea deal.
It took 2 years of her sitting in jail to get to a deal, which still gave her 16 years combined for conspiracy and tampering, released after 8.
I am sure MT is holding out for something much better. In this case they had more than enough to convict Navin, so they didn’t need Valiente.
And here, MT is just sporting a new jewelry trend around her ankle, not behind bars.

While this case may run a little differently, I think there are useful insights here as to how NP works, and what MT might be hoping for in terms of a squirmy escape. Of course NPs on the other side now (or is he).

Pattis noted "the law of conspiracy requires you to enter into an agreement with another to do something wrong. There was no agreement."

But, both he and Valiante, 33, admitted to the judge that a jury might have found that there was indeed an agreement "based on text messages and the hostility between the parents and the son and based on her cleanup efforts afterwards," Pattis said.

So, he advised his client to avoid the risk of a 10 year maximum sentence on the hindering charge by accepting the eight-year offer. The total effective sentence: 16 years, which will be suspended after eight years.

Valiante is not not due to be sentenced until January 26, which is after it's expected Navin's case will be resolved.

"The reason I believe for that is they want to make sure she doesn't testify," said Pattis. "Until she is sentenced, there's no judgment in this case and no lawyer would permit her to testify."

Pattis explained that's because if her testimony implicated her, perhaps the judge would withdraw her plea deal.

I think some things could be learned from the Navin/Valiente case, which of course has been brought up here in the past.
Read this article below with MTs name in place of Valiente, and FD in place of Navin.
Girlfriend connected to killing of boyfriend’s parents accepts 8 year plea deal
Look closely at how the plea deal was handled and the Alford plea, and what NP argues is required for conspiracy.
And the importance that part of the deal is that she never cooperated with the state or agreed to testify, because that could implicate her and void the plea deal.
It took 2 years of her sitting in jail to get to a deal, which still gave her 16 years combined for conspiracy and tampering, released after 8.
I am sure MT is holding out for something much better. In this case they had more than enough to convict Navin, so they didn’t need Valiente.
And here, MT is just sporting a new jewelry trend around her ankle, not behind bars.

While this case may run a little differently, I think there are useful insights here as to how NP works, and what MT might be hoping for in terms of a squirmy escape. Of course NPs on the other side now (or is he).

Pattis noted "the law of conspiracy requires you to enter into an agreement with another to do something wrong. There was no agreement."

But, both he and Valiante, 33, admitted to the judge that a jury might have found that there was indeed an agreement "based on text messages and the hostility between the parents and the son and based on her cleanup efforts afterwards," Pattis said.

So, he advised his client to avoid the risk of a 10 year maximum sentence on the hindering charge by accepting the eight-year offer. The total effective sentence: 16 years, which will be suspended after eight years.

Valiante is not not due to be sentenced until January 26, which is after it's expected Navin's case will be resolved.

"The reason I believe for that is they want to make sure she doesn't testify," said Pattis. "Until she is sentenced, there's no judgment in this case and no lawyer would permit her to testify."

Pattis explained that's because if her testimony implicated her, perhaps the judge would withdraw her plea deal.
FD hired NP a few days after NP discussed this case on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member