Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------------------
is NP's comments about the ax/hatchet another of those little "slivers of truth" that seem to pepper the story here?
Who 'borrows' an ax or hatchet? People in a
northern state w/ fireplace(s) typically buy their own. $10-20. item. Unless you buy pre-chopped firewood, which many do.

So LE are looking for multiple potential murder weapons: ax/hatchet, fishing type switchblade, 9mm Glock firearm.

Wouldn't this indicate LE believes there were
multiple perps at Welles on 5/24? Why would
one perp have more than one weapon at a murder scene? ME believes victim was accosted w/ blunt force instrument and also a sharp
cutting weapon. Why would one perp switch
out his weapon at crime scene instead of finishing the killing with his initial weapon of choice? Doesn't make much sense, IMO.
Remember blood spatters tell a lot of the story
to a sharp forensics person.

And .. what day did FD ask to borrow the axe ?

Why couldn’t he drive himself to the hardware store , he doesn’t work, he’s not busy, he has nowhere to be ?

Was it a “Sunday“ thus no local hardware store was open , Home Depot IS.

Gimme a break , he wouldn’t get his manicured hands dirty chopping down his own tree or wood . @enelram I think he would buy a bundle of pre-chopped wood, I also think he has gas fireplaces as he doesn’t want to clean up any ashes.

Has that axe been used since , He only needed it ONE time ?
PLEEZE

Maybe this will help you visualize MTs shoes better. Following in a repost of a repost! I still stand by it!!

“I posted this awhile ago-Sept 11. It was in response to another poster reminding us that there was no evidence suggesting MT was involved in the murder and that she was only charged with evidence tampering. I think it’s worth reconsidering given MTs latest move:

“Both MT AND FD were ONLY charged with evidence tampering. I am not aware of any evidence which directly supports your assertion that MT was not an accomplice in the murder.

I’ve long been an advocate of using a “follow the money” type approach in solving this crime. I feel the Why? of the murder is worthy of some deeper discussion that might get us thinking outside the box and stir up some creative new suggestions to fill in the still missing Wheres, Whats, Whens, and Hows.

So, Why was JD murdered?

IMO, in a general sense, the answer lies in what was the gain.

Obviously the hotly contested 2+yr divorce is the glaring red flag. Getting rid of JD ends the divorce litigation. (And maybe, just maybe, ends the money battle with GF if the grief stricken, grandchild protecting, grandma withdraws.) Perhaps to FD, in the simplest view, kind of a best case scenario, ending the divorce, with mother gone, results in custody of the children, access to their trust funds, and full ownership of all of his and JDs assets. The money looks better to FD and his atty fees end too! Looks perfect, right? IIRC, as FD said in his latest interview , his life was “beautiful”, except for the divorce. He wanted it over. But here’s the stickler, can any sense be made out of potentially gaining a murder charge to get out of a divorce???

Yes, I know, it happens all the time-and in this past year, probably more horrifically than ever imagined, but the rage and spontaneity seen in those crimes is missing in this case.

The use of the Tacoma and the plates clearly point a premeditated murder, not one caused by a sudden explosion of anger. The limited public information available shows some of FDs movements during the last week of JDs life: smoozing KM’s STBX, dining &/or playing basketball w his kids, and hosting a dinner party. And supposedly at the same time planning JDs murder. The equation is simply not adding up. What’s missing? Where is the rage or anger needed to override the rational of not trading a divorce action for a murder charge?

For arguments sake, perhaps we are missing information that does show some rage. Were JD and FD arguing in person, on phone, via text or email? No-have not heard or seen one shrewd of evidence supporting any of these.

Did FD as JD to meet to talk and the meeting turned violent? No- then he wouldn’t have needed the Tacoma or plates.

Was the other person seemingly involved with the murder, as supported by evidence, harboring any anger or rage?

Maybe. IMO a little attention needs to be directed on MT to find the missing piece of the equation.

MT:admittedly at the car wash, claiming ignorance of what she is doing but running to her attorney afterwards.

MT: the pillow-talk-mate of the frustrated sad FD who wants nothing more than to continue his “beautiful” life and be divorced.

MT: the single mom whose child support would end in 5-6yrs. (Follow the money)

MT: the adulteress who moved her child out of state, away from her family and home, to supposedly move into a temporary house provided by her rich sugar daddy.

MT: the international mover and shaker who had put all her eggs in FDs and FOREs basket, who was watching her job and income disappear as FORE collapsed.

MT: after finally gaining access to the castle, watching as her paramour’s STBX MIL paid for their mortgage.

MT: hooked to a guy who was wrapped in litigation and couldn’t sell a house to save his life.

MT: who was denied access to her lover’s children by the court, about to face another holiday weekend of turmoil. She had to be mad as a wet hen after the judge finally gave FD Memorial Day weekend. Where was MT supposed to go for the weekend??

Now there’s a little rage.

Maybe a closer look at MT will help answer “how FD pulled off the murder” and why.”
This makes a great deal of sense!

His powers of persuasion might be better than you think-persuaded Jennifer to marry him even before his 1st marriage ended, persuaded a smart guy like HF to loan him money for a venture he’d never tried, and even persuaded him to accept a money transfer from one of his crooked friends, persuaded Jennifer to pay for EVERYTHING, persuaded KM to involve himself with any number of bad things, persuaded a bank loan officer (S Morin) to get involved with some scam, and so on...I think his powers of persuasion/coercion were such that he actually thought Jennifer would go for staying in the same house (the one her mother was supporting) with his s[redacted]piece and her daughter-this, at least, Jennifer didn’t go for. His cover is blown now, though-only an idiot would think he is the real victim here (I hope)
With Jennifer, I think the powers laid in their children. Yes, FD may be quite the charmer, but eventually that stuff tends to wear off, in my unfortunate experience with some men. IMO, Jennifer could have been quite "over" FD, but anything for the sake of the children. She seemed like a very devoted mother. MOO.

Deputy. Great Forensic work.
JD being chased leads me to think garage doors down or she would have run outside. Yes?
Where was RR located? Which parking spot. Can’t recall. But important. I’d guess at far end. And he had her cornered before he killed her. Yes? jumped over the RR to catch her. Or an accomplice.
RR was in middle bay and Suburban was in left bay - both as you are standing outside the garage facing towards the interior. Attack looked to have happened between the two vehicles based on AW3 info. Pooling is mentioned in AW3 but its not clear exactly where but it would be logical to think it was between the vehicles, near the mudroom door and possibly near Suburban drivers side door if she were attacked upon leaving the vehicle. We are still debating all these issues as some seem to think the attack might have happened inside the mudroom. IDK, but I'm thinking JFd didn't make it back into the house unfortunately even though she might have tried. Curious to see how the State lays out this evidence. MOO

Maybe this will help you visualize MTs shoes better. Following in a repost of a repost! I still stand by it!!

“I posted this awhile ago-Sept 11. It was in response to another poster reminding us that there was no evidence suggesting MT was involved in the murder and that she was only charged with evidence tampering. I think it’s worth reconsidering given MTs latest move:

“Both MT AND FD were ONLY charged with evidence tampering. I am not aware of any evidence which directly supports your assertion that MT was not an accomplice in the murder.

I’ve long been an advocate of using a “follow the money” type approach in solving this crime. I feel the Why? of the murder is worthy of some deeper discussion that might get us thinking outside the box and stir up some creative new suggestions to fill in the still missing Wheres, Whats, Whens, and Hows.

So, Why was JD murdered?

IMO, in a general sense, the answer lies in what was the gain.

Obviously the hotly contested 2+yr divorce is the glaring red flag. Getting rid of JD ends the divorce litigation. (And maybe, just maybe, ends the money battle with GF if the grief stricken, grandchild protecting, grandma withdraws.) Perhaps to FD, in the simplest view, kind of a best case scenario, ending the divorce, with mother gone, results in custody of the children, access to their trust funds, and full ownership of all of his and JDs assets. The money looks better to FD and his atty fees end too! Looks perfect, right? IIRC, as FD said in his latest interview , his life was “beautiful”, except for the divorce. He wanted it over. But here’s the stickler, can any sense be made out of potentially gaining a murder charge to get out of a divorce???

Yes, I know, it happens all the time-and in this past year, probably more horrifically than ever imagined, but the rage and spontaneity seen in those crimes is missing in this case.

The use of the Tacoma and the plates clearly point a premeditated murder, not one caused by a sudden explosion of anger. The limited public information available shows some of FDs movements during the last week of JDs life: smoozing KM’s STBX, dining &/or playing basketball w his kids, and hosting a dinner party. And supposedly at the same time planning JDs murder. The equation is simply not adding up. What’s missing? Where is the rage or anger needed to override the rational of not trading a divorce action for a murder charge?

For arguments sake, perhaps we are missing information that does show some rage. Were JD and FD arguing in person, on phone, via text or email? No-have not heard or seen one shrewd of evidence supporting any of these.

Did FD as JD to meet to talk and the meeting turned violent? No- then he wouldn’t have needed the Tacoma or plates.

Was the other person seemingly involved with the murder, as supported by evidence, harboring any anger or rage?

Maybe. IMO a little attention needs to be directed on MT to find the missing piece of the equation.

MT:admittedly at the car wash, claiming ignorance of what she is doing but running to her attorney afterwards.

MT: the pillow-talk-mate of the frustrated sad FD who wants nothing more than to continue his “beautiful” life and be divorced.

MT: the single mom whose child support would end in 5-6yrs. (Follow the money)

MT: the adulteress who moved her child out of state, away from her family and home, to supposedly move into a temporary house provided by her rich sugar daddy.

MT: the international mover and shaker who had put all her eggs in FDs and FOREs basket, who was watching her job and income disappear as FORE collapsed.

MT: after finally gaining access to the castle, watching as her paramour’s STBX MIL paid for their mortgage.

MT: hooked to a guy who was wrapped in litigation and couldn’t sell a house to save his life.

MT: who was denied access to her lover’s children by the court, about to face another holiday weekend of turmoil. She had to be mad as a wet hen after the judge finally gave FD Memorial Day weekend. Where was MT supposed to go for the weekend??

Now there’s a little rage.

Maybe a closer look at MT will help answer “how FD pulled off the murder” and why.”
Very good.
Also why was MT and FD BOTH so intent on
devising an "Alibi Script" for 5/24 ? Both
sat down together and drew up this list. Both.

Another "Sliver of Truth" that they BOTH
needed a list of fabricated alibi's for 5/24.

If my bf were involved in a murder that he acted alone in, I would NOT feel the need to concoct an "Alibi Script" for myself also
UNLESS I committed part of the illegal act.
If I were innocent, I would simply tell the truth
and I would not create suspicion on myself.
However, IF I'm complicit I would hope my bf and I could support each other's story and by
supporting his story, he would also be protecting me from being accused. We'd help each other, if we're BOTH guilty of participating in the murder.
I can't think of a reason MT would have been involved in fabricating the Alibi Script UNLESS she heavily participated in some gruesome activity regarding JFD's murder.
And in the same vein, why is KM involved in
LYING about the details of the murder?
All 3 are guilty of doing bad stuff. Have to be.
moo

Very good.

If my bf were involved in a murder that he acted alone in, I would NOT feel the need to concoct an "Alibi Script" for myself also
However, IF I'm complicit I would hope my bf and I could support each other's story and by
supporting his story, he would also be protecting me from being accused. We'd help each other, if we're BOTH guilty of participating in the murder.
I can't think of a reason MT would have been involved in fabricating the Alibi Script UNLESS she heavily participated in some gruesome activity regarding JFD's murder.
moo
Good reasoning! I agree they all seem guilty. IMO, KM is involved in his own illegal mess, so I don't wonder so much about his character. Seems like his character is pretty clear. MOO

For some local flavour about NC and mgmt of the NCPD - simply cannot make this up and BTW this dialog is absolutely real and not one of my blowing off steam dialogs!

Police Commission Chairmanship Turns Over at Heated Meeting

Quotes from article:

The appointed municipal body that oversees the New Canaan Police Department elected a new chair Wednesday night during an awkward organizational meeting.

Paul Foley, a member of the Police Commission since December 2013, was elected chairman by a 2-1 vote following a heated exchange between his predecessor in the role and the town’s highest elected official.

Sperry DeCew, a member of the Police Commission since June 2012, had served the past two years as chair.

As per section 15-3 of the Town Charter, the three-member Commission meets “promptly after” Dec. 1—typically in January—for the election of its own officers “at the call of the First Selectman.”

As First Selectman Kevin Moynihan opened the organizational meeting, held during the Commission’s regular meeting at police headquarters, DeCew said, “Let’s get on with this circus. Nominations for Commission chairman.”

Commissioner Jim McLaughlin—himself appointed one year ago to the Police Commission—nominated Foley. DeCew called for any other nominations. No one else was nominated.

Moynihan began to say, “Hearing none—”

This exchange followed:

DeCew: “It’s not your meeting. It’s not your meeting. All you do is ‘call’ the meeting.”

Moynihan: “Actually, the first selectman conducts the election.”

DeCew: “He does not.”

Moynihan: “Yes.”

DeCew: “He does not. Read the book.”

Moynihan: “It’s been done by all first selectman before Rob Mallozzi.”

DeCew called for a vote on Foley’s nomination. Foley and McLaughlin voted in favor, DeCew against. Moynihan then called for nominations for the office of secretary.

Foley asked DeCew, “Sperry, do you want to do it?”

DeCew said, “I decline.”

McLaughlin was elected secretary by a 3-0 vote.

DeCew said, “I hope you will enjoy our imperial hegemony of Republicans in New Canaan. It’s a wonderful thing.”

DeCew is a Democrat. Foley and McLaughlin are both Republicans, as is Moynihan.

Foley said, “Sperry, you have done this for the last two years. I don’t understand your anger. And I am surprised at it, frankly. I’m just surprised.”

DeCew said, “Don’t be.”

The prior Commission chair, Republican Stuart Sawabini, had served four years in the role.

New Canaan’s boards and commissions are chaired by both Republicans and Democrats. Republican-led bodies include the Board of Finance, Town Council and Board of Selectmen. Democrats lead the Parks & Recreation, Planning & Zoning and Health & Human Services Commissions.

Asked during an interview Thursday whether the party affiliation of the chair on any of those bodies stands to change, Moynihan said, “Maybe one.”

Asked which one, he said, “I don’t think there is going to be a change on Planning & Zoning.”

He added, “In the case of Health and Human Services, [Chair] Judy Dunn has been on there for a while and it’s probably time for a change. What has happened with [former Human Services Director] Carol Macdonald leaving and the new leadership in the staff—I’ve added Russ Barksdale and Barb Achenbaum, a Democrat, [to the Commission]. These are people in town who deal with public human services issues.”

Asked about his own view on the importance of party affiliation among those chairing local boards and commissions, Moynihan said, “Every board and commission is different.”

“It also is based upon the fact of someone doing it a few years and you want to make a change,” Moynihan continued. He added, “Sperry was elected two years ago and you have a Republican majority in a Republican town, and if Paul Foley wants to be chairman, then Paul Foley has a right to be chairman.”

Asked whether Republicans have discussed, in caucus, more uniform party representation across municipal chairmanships, Moynihan said, “I’m not going to comment on things that are party matters.”

In addition to serving on the Police Commission, DeCew—a 1965 New Canaan High Schoo graduate, Vietnam War veteran and local attorney—is a member of the Silver Hill Hospital Board of Directors and Kiwanis Club of New Canaan and is secretary of the New Canaan Cemetery Association. He has served on the Town Council and Board of Selectmen, is a Getabout founder and has served in the past as president of New Canaan Library and on the New Canaan Historical Society Board of Governors and St. Mark’s Episcopal Church vestry.

Very good.

moo
Atty Pyetranker told FD to account for his time. Really, even if I was innocent, I would want to write things down while it's fresh in my mind. I wouldn't make things up like they did but if I was in the middle of a bad divorce and my husband went missing, I know I would be asked by LE to account for my whereabouts. But it would be truthful. MOO.

@Tink56, do you think he should have his own WS thread so we can track this?

I am still a bit stunned about the $1,000 bond for this offence.

What could he possibly have been thinking here? MOO

Think it's too early to give him his own thread....let's see what happens on the 10th.

Habib is also being sued in Civil Court over student loans....maybe he needed the extra income selling drugs to minors???

HABIB MICHAEL J NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT LOAN TRUST 2006-2 v. HABIB, MICHAEL J
lile.gif
NNH-CV-16-6062927-S New Haven JD D-01
HABIB MICHAEL J NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT LOAN TRUST 2007-2 v. HABIB, MICHAEL J
lile.gif
NNH-CV-17-6068168-S New Haven JD

I went looking for an article for @LittleBitty to answer the question of the custody arrangement at the time of JFd disappearance. I haven't found that article yet but I am reposting this article as I think its the best summary of Family Court history done to date by ANY reporter. The article clearly explains the mission of the psych report and its clear that it fits well within the Atty. P. mission of creating doubt while providing nothing but opinion from a now discredited doctor.

But, the article also summarises the Family Court situation for any new folks on the thread who weren't here when all these details were discussed many threads ago.

Its clear to me (having myself done what Michael Dinan IMO did do here) that the author sat down with the huge file before it was sealed and actually read and processed the case details to create a timeline and narrative that is in line with the facts of the case. IMO the narrative of the case is consistent with the statement made by JFd atty Midler that Fd was not on the 'winning' end of things at the time JFd went missing/was murdered. MOO!

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

Here is quote about the psych report from above article:

The following month, April 2018, a physician was retained to “perform a comprehensive custody and psychological evaluation” that “shall include a relocation study for both parents and a risk assessment as to either parent, including flight, and may also consider third party relationships for either party as they may impact the children,” court documents show.

To the earlier poster that asked why Fd had lost access to his children for so long (sorry I can't find that original post asking the question):

Quotes from article:

Fotis Dulos appeared to have broken the terms of the court’s orders in other ways, according to Heller’s order.

For example, Troconis and her child “had moved into the marital residence” in Farmington prior to November 2017, Heller said.

Also, though Fotis Dulos initially denied that his children had spent a weekend with Troconis, “he eventually admitted the they had all been together after he was confronted with the testimony of” a private investigator hired by Jennifer Dulos, “and the prospect of viewing video surveillance evidence,” Heller wrote.

“He also attempted to minimize the significance of the interaction that weekend [of Nov. 11, 2017] because the court’s order prohibiting contact was modified just a few days later, on Nov. 14, 2017,” Heller wrote.

According to Heller’s memo, Fotis Dulos had repeatedly asked the children to lie “to achieve his personal goals.”

A psychiatrist working with the family had told the guardian ad litem, Michael Meehan, that Fotis Dulos’s actions had caused psychological harm, according to Heller.

Ultimately, citing Meehan’s recommendation, Heller ruled that Fotis Dulos only be allowed to see the kids “in a public supervised setting and to have telephone access to them by speakerphone, so that the calls may be monitored.”

Heller ordered that Jennifer Dulos would have sole physical custody and final decision-making with respect to the children, while the parents shared joint legal custody.

‘The Defendant has stonewalled discovery’

defense attorney Norm Pattis does a 180 - will WAIVE right to probable cause hearing reports
@WFSBnews

Oh my!

Do wonder what might have come to light that Atty. P. is quite concerned might be disclosed during a PCH!

Wonder if it was the possibility of the public actually hearing in great detail from the great Dr. Gill about the crime scene in the Welles garage that perhaps resulted in this strategic shift from Pattisville?

Nothing like the discussion of blood loss amidst horrific violence sitting in the mind of the public for months and months while waiting for trial.

Wonder also about the status of the Grand Jury request???

MOO
evidencepng.png evidencepng.png FD arrest3.png evidencepng.png

There's been a change of strategy by the Fotis Dulos team, and his court date is now Thursday. I'm hearing the trial may start as early as September
Fotis Dulos, charged with the murder of his estranged wife Jennifer Farber Dulos, is now expected to waive a probable cause hearing when he appears Thursday in Superior Court in Stamford.

Last week, Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, said Dulos wanted to have the hearing and force the state to present some of the evidence prosecutors say supports the murder charge against Dulos. But sources said Dulos changed his mind and will instead seek a speedy trial that could mean the high-profile case goes before a jury as early as later this year.
In Connecticut, a defendant charged with murder is eligible to have a probable cause hearing before a judge within 60 days of their arrest.

At such hearings, prosecutors usually present limited evidence. In this case, Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo would likely call Chief State Medical Examiner James Gill as a witness because he has to prove that Farber Dulos, 51, is actually dead and was murdered in the garage of her New Canaan home on the morning she disappeared.
According to court records, state police said they met with Gill and presented him with a summary of facts that shows Farber Dulos was killed. Authorities said Farber Dulos’ blood was found splattered n multiple locations in the garage of her New Canaan home and that someone tried to clean up the scene. They also provided Gill with photographs of the crime scene and items found in garbage bags detectives recovered in Hartford that contained her blood.

Gill concluded, based on the degree of blood loss and other factors, that "Jennifer Dulos had sustained an injury (or multiple injuries) which he would consider non-survivable without medical intervention. Gill categorized the event as a “homicide of violence” that included some combination of traumatic, blunt-force injuries such as a bludgeoning/beating, and/or sharp-force injuries such as a stabbing/slashing, the arrest warrant affidavit for Dulos said.

Gill has not issued a death certificate for Farber Dulos because her body has never been found.
Fotis Dulos expected to waive probable cause hearing and seek speedy trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members