Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen an update on the Atty Habib charges for drug solicitation to a minor in a school area?

Wondered if we might be seeing another intervention from the State of CT similar to what we saw for KM recently or whether things have to rise to the level of conspiracy to murder before it hits the 'radar'?

MOO

Has anyone seen an update on the Atty Habib charges for drug solicitation to a minor in a school area?

Wondered if we might be seeing another intervention from the State of CT similar to what we saw for KM recently or whether things have to rise to the level of conspiracy to murder before it hits the 'radar'?
MOO

I was wondering if the only reason the state got involved was because the people that shared office space location with KM called and complained his
clients were left in the dark.

Last edited:
No pun intended I'm sure..
And then cut to the story of NP saying.

A friend had loaned FD the axe earlier, I think it was April, for “cutting firewood”. FD never returned it. Per AW3.
I’m sure when the friend heard about JD missing and the bloody bags on Albany they called in a tip to LE. MOO.
Thus LE asks FD and NP, where’s that axe we hear you borrowed?
And then cut to the story of NP saying, not gonna give LE the axe cause that would be like Lizzie Borden...

Thank you again for this link. It indeed is tough to read! -at least on a phone! I was finally able to enlarge a few parts.

On page 8, it says FD gets supervised visitation starting the weekend on March 30. So this adds to , and slightly changes my guesses for the weekends (above) , but still leaves the children with JD on the 17th.

mar30-31 FD
Apr 6-7 Jd
Apr 13-14 FD
Apr 20-21Jd
Apr 27-28 FD ( but GD was hosting a Greek Easter troconis celebration and the judge said No, so they may have swapped another weekend. Prob not the one before as it was Easter)
May4-5 Jd
May 11-12 FD ( but Jd prob had at least Sunday-Mother’s Day)
May 18-19 Jd
May 25,26& 27 FD

and these are all guesses on my part! Moo

Last edited:
These three co-conspirators didn't do a great job with their cellphone trickery on May 24th. The call from Greece, botched big time. Cellphones on Albany. It gives me great confidence for the Prosecution in that, FD, MT, and KM weren't even good with their phone use on the day OF the crime. Not a chance they were smart enough to cover their tracks in the days and months leading up to it! I sense more past concussions for KM, there's just so much he's going to wish he could forget. You know, pheasant hunting in the middle of the night. With his shovel and cellphone.

Seeing @IttyBitty's excellent SW notes, laid out so plainly, it's clear that LE hasn't divulged a mere pittance of what they've got! For example, if they've got movement at one location of one vehicle caught on camera, and referenced in a SW, they've got EVERY car that passed that way! Remember that classic magic trick, with the walnut shells, and the disappearing item is under one of the three? I think that, on the day of the murder, these three walnuts felt like they'd outsmarted the system. Musical chairs with phones and cars and garbage bags all day. What a bunch of walnutheads.

When this is all said and done, the Prosecution is going to have one hell of a damning timeline.

JMO

These three co-conspirators didn't do a great job with their cellphone trickery on May 24th. The call from Greece, botched big time. Cellphones on Albany. It gives me great confidence for the Prosecution in that, FD, MT, and KM weren't even good with their phone use on the day OF the crime. Not a chance they were smart enough to cover their tracks in the days and months leading up to it! I sense more past concussions for KM, there's just so much he's going to wish he could forget. You know, pheasant hunting in the middle of the night. With his shovel and cellphone.

Seeing @IttyBitty's excellent SW notes, laid out so plainly, it's clear that LE hasn't divulged a mere pittance of what they've got! For example, if they've got movement at one location of one vehicle caught on camera, and referenced in a SW, they've got EVERY car that passed that way! Remember that classic magic trick, with the walnut shells, and the disappearing item is under one of the three? I think that, on the day of the murder, these three walnuts felt like they'd outsmarted the system. Musical chairs with phones and cars and garbage bags all day. What a bunch of walnutheads.

When this is all said and done, the Prosecution is going to have one hell of a damning timeline.

JMO
I keep thinking of the Three Stooges. IMO, FD is Moe. The others' roles are up for debate, but KW comes across to me as a Curley.

The thing I still cannot wrap my head around is why MT involved herself in such a plot. She had the man. The huge house. Her daughter. Are FD's powers of persuasion that powerful?? Jennifer sure didn't think so. We really don't know much about MT; about who she is as a person outside of this case. I have yet to hear any of her loved ones speaking out on her behalf. If anyone here has, please correct me if I'm wrong. I try to put myself in MT's shoes to make sense of her involvement and I just can't get even a foot in one.

MOO.

A friend had loaned FD the axe earlier, I think it was April, for “cutting firewood”. FD never returned it. Per AW3.
I’m sure when the friend heard about JD missing and the bloody bags on Albany they called in a tip to LE. MOO.
Thus LE asks FD and NP, where’s that axe we hear you borrowed?
And then cut to the story of NP saying, not gonna give LE the axe cause that would be like Lizzie Borden...
-------------------------
is NP's comments about the ax/hatchet another of those little "slivers of truth" that seem to pepper the story here?
Who 'borrows' an ax or hatchet? People in a
northern state w/ fireplace(s) typically buy their own. $10-20. item. Unless you buy pre-chopped firewood, which many do.

So LE are looking for multiple potential murder weapons: ax/hatchet, fishing type switchblade, 9mm Glock firearm.

Wouldn't this indicate LE believes there were
multiple perps at Welles on 5/24? Why would
one perp have more than one weapon at a murder scene? ME believes victim was accosted w/ blunt force instrument and also a sharp
cutting weapon. Why would one perp switch
out his weapon at crime scene instead of finishing the killing with his initial weapon of choice? Doesn't make much sense, IMO.
Remember blood spatters tell a lot of the story
to a sharp forensics person.

Your last line is chilling @LittleBitty. ...one week left to live.

I read about Midler saying Jennifer "won" in court on the 17th also. Then I read this excellent post about the significance of May 17th and decided to check the docket to see if I could tell what might have happened in court that day.
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=FSTFA175016797S

Couldn't find anything on the docket for the 17th. IDK...Does everything actionable get entered into the docket? (This was before everything was sealed, of course.)

There were some ugly motions happening in late April and May, including JFd requesting GAL be replaced, an emergency order of custody by Fd, a motion to demand financial statement from Jfd...so unfortunate...sure to raise anger and hostility.

Do you think Midler gave the wrong date to LE or is something missing from the docket? Are short calendar items placed in the record?
MOO...IMO
Maybe Midler confused the 17th with the 14th or FD’s Motion could’ve have been scheduled for the 17th but since Heller ruled in JDs favor on the 14th it wouldn’t have happened.
Or Midler billed just JD for the 17th for no reason.

Last edited:
MT doesn't strike me as anything unique which frankly might be the NICEST thing I can say about her. No doubt the velvet romeo lured her in with tales of vast wealth.... and spun the divorce narrative.... the divorce was holding up money that was rightly his (as if), JF was holding up the divorce (as if). Scorned mistress I think MT was willing to help speed along the process... so she could be the next Mrs. FD (as if).

JMO

Last edited:
It's a good thing that, in the final analyses, criminals are ALWAYS stupid.

FD thought he'd engineered the perfect crime. So did Pstrick Frazee. Just imagine for a moment though, if JF had gone unreported for a day or two. And ther would sit her estranged husband, Fotus Einstein with "absolutely no idea where she might have gone" but with this teensy tiny carefully-alibi-ed 2 hour span of time!!!! He really sunk his own boat and all of his water skits when he created an alibi (false as it was), for such a specific sliver of time!

JMO

thank you. That is what I recalled reading too. It caught my attention since, although it was the same standard visitation schedule my ex enjoyed, FDs weekend days were at two different locations. I remember thinking he had not yet been granted “sleep over “ time. He must have been able to pick them up Saturday and spend the day in NC, but the kids slept in their own beds back at Jds. Then he must have been able to take them on a Sunday to his house. Maybe he requested a church service attendance near 4JX?

Since he had only received this new order at the end of Mar, 2019, FD most likely did not do this too many times. IIRC , Memorial Day was his first “Holiday”. His request for Greek Easter, April 28 had been denied. JD might have had them the weekend before on the April 21-Easter, because he wanted Greek Easter.
Visitation wise, this is always a rough time of year Juggling an even dispersal of “every other” weekend. when Easter is late, Mother’s Day and Memorial Day. Moms always get Mothers Day , it wasMay 12, 2019.
In considering the planning of Jds death, FDs access to kids( and household info), FDs nearness to Jd, May 17 accident,and possible car on Thurton May-17-24, I’m breaking down the visitation weekends:
Apr 20-21. Jd
Apr 27-28 Jd
May 4-5 FD
May 11-12. Maybe split weekend to balance upcoming Memorial holiday?FD took Sat, Sunday was
Mother’s Day
May18-19 Jd
May 25, 26,27 FD

moo. Just a guess. @LittleBitty is there something Im missing why you think he might have had them the weekend of May 18?

Is Ct a first, third and fifth weekend as opposed to every other weekend? It’s so much easier than every other weekend. Seems no one could keep the weekends counted correctly so Texas made it easier with the Friday beginning first, third and fifth as designated weekends.

I keep thinking of the Three Stooges. IMO, FD is Moe. The others' roles are up for debate, but KW comes across to me as a Curley.

The thing I still cannot wrap my head around is why MT involved herself in such a plot. She had the man. The huge house. Her daughter. Are FD's powers of persuasion that powerful?? Jennifer sure didn't think so. We really don't know much about MT; about who she is as a person outside of this case. I have yet to hear any of her loved ones speaking out on her behalf. If anyone here has, please correct me if I'm wrong. I try to put myself in MT's shoes to make sense of her involvement and I just can't get even a foot in one.

MOO.
Maybe this will help you visualize MTs shoes better. Following in a repost of a repost! I still stand by it!!

“I posted this awhile ago-Sept 11. It was in response to another poster reminding us that there was no evidence suggesting MT was involved in the murder and that she was only charged with evidence tampering. I think it’s worth reconsidering given MTs latest move:

“Both MT AND FD were ONLY charged with evidence tampering. I am not aware of any evidence which directly supports your assertion that MT was not an accomplice in the murder.

I’ve long been an advocate of using a “follow the money” type approach in solving this crime. I feel the Why? of the murder is worthy of some deeper discussion that might get us thinking outside the box and stir up some creative new suggestions to fill in the still missing Wheres, Whats, Whens, and Hows.

So, Why was JD murdered?

IMO, in a general sense, the answer lies in what was the gain.

Obviously the hotly contested 2+yr divorce is the glaring red flag. Getting rid of JD ends the divorce litigation. (And maybe, just maybe, ends the money battle with GF if the grief stricken, grandchild protecting, grandma withdraws.) Perhaps to FD, in the simplest view, kind of a best case scenario, ending the divorce, with mother gone, results in custody of the children, access to their trust funds, and full ownership of all of his and JDs assets. The money looks better to FD and his atty fees end too! Looks perfect, right? IIRC, as FD said in his latest interview , his life was “beautiful”, except for the divorce. He wanted it over. But here’s the stickler, can any sense be made out of potentially gaining a murder charge to get out of a divorce???

Yes, I know, it happens all the time-and in this past year, probably more horrifically than ever imagined, but the rage and spontaneity seen in those crimes is missing in this case.

The use of the Tacoma and the plates clearly point a premeditated murder, not one caused by a sudden explosion of anger. The limited public information available shows some of FDs movements during the last week of JDs life: smoozing KM’s STBX, dining &/or playing basketball w his kids, and hosting a dinner party. And supposedly at the same time planning JDs murder. The equation is simply not adding up. What’s missing? Where is the rage or anger needed to override the rational of not trading a divorce action for a murder charge?

For arguments sake, perhaps we are missing information that does show some rage. Were JD and FD arguing in person, on phone, via text or email? No-have not heard or seen one shrewd of evidence supporting any of these.

Did FD as JD to meet to talk and the meeting turned violent? No- then he wouldn’t have needed the Tacoma or plates.

Was the other person seemingly involved with the murder, as supported by evidence, harboring any anger or rage?

Maybe. IMO a little attention needs to be directed on MT to find the missing piece of the equation.

MT:admittedly at the car wash, claiming ignorance of what she is doing but running to her attorney afterwards.

MT: the pillow-talk-mate of the frustrated sad FD who wants nothing more than to continue his “beautiful” life and be divorced.

MT: the single mom whose child support would end in 5-6yrs. (Follow the money)

MT: the adulteress who moved her child out of state, away from her family and home, to supposedly move into a temporary house provided by her rich sugar daddy.

MT: the international mover and shaker who had put all her eggs in FDs and FOREs basket, who was watching her job and income disappear as FORE collapsed.

MT: after finally gaining access to the castle, watching as her paramour’s STBX MIL paid for their mortgage.

MT: hooked to a guy who was wrapped in litigation and couldn’t sell a house to save his life.

MT: who was denied access to her lover’s children by the court, about to face another holiday weekend of turmoil. She had to be mad as a wet hen after the judge finally gave FD Memorial Day weekend. Where was MT supposed to go for the weekend??

Now there’s a little rage.

Maybe a closer look at MT will help answer “how FD pulled off the murder” and why.”

I'm betting KM of retrieving the gun.

I am still wondering about this-was the gun registered or not-have heard it described both ways. If unregistered, why would they let anyone retrieve it? But I think you’re right about KM retrieving it; why wouldn’t LE give it to an “officer of the court”, such as he is?

Mock interview:

LE: FD, I'm sorry to inform you that your wife is missing.
FD: it wasn't me. I was home with my phone for a meeting from 7:30 to 8:30.
LE: how do you know when she went missing?
FD: well, exactly.

FD, PF, SP, DP -- they're all the same. Same evil, different shoes.

JMO

Washington Post, using FBI study on weapons
most commonly used in murders, states
"Without guns men have greater preference than women for BEATING, BLUNT OBJECTS
and strangling.
Women are more prone to kill with STABB
ING, asphyxiation, poison, fire, drowning,
explosives and defenestration."
Notice that?
Men- prefer beating, blunt objects
Women- prefer Stabbing
Odd that we have 2 alleged missing weapons.
Ax/hatchet and fishing knife/switchblade.

I'm still searching for murders where perp used
one weapon, then switched to a second weapon. Haven't found anything yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/05/07/poison-is-a-womans-weapon/

Is Ct a first, third and fifth weekend as opposed to every other weekend? It’s so much easier than every other weekend. Seems no one could keep the weekends counted correctly so Texas made it easier with the Friday beginning first, third and fifth as designated weekends.
That’s seems like a good idea,but CT still “every other” @Tink56 provided a link to a court document (p 8) stating his weekends began on March 30. Ive updated my weekend “guesses” in my last post.

A probable cause hearing will likely give Fotis Dulos’ legal team a little more information and the opportunity to attack the state’s evidence in his estranged wife’s homicide, according to defense attorneys who are not associated with the case.But they said convincing a judge to drop the murder charges is a different story.
“You’ve got nothing to lose by going ahead with (a probable cause hearing),” said Elliot Warren, a Westport defense attorney who mostly handles federal cases.
Every defendant in Connecticut charged with a crime carrying a life sentence or a life sentence without the possibility of parole is eligible for a probable cause hearing, according to state law. Defendants can waive the right based on whether their attorney thinks it’s a good strategic move...
“There are clearly times when you should waive it,” said Gerald Klein, a Hartford defense attorney who is not associated with the Dulos case. “For instance, in a case where the primary witnesses are street people who are likely to be in the wind two years from now when the trial occurs, because even if they aren’t there, the state can bring up their transcripts from the probable cause hearing.”
Under the hearing, a prosecutor must present enough evidence and testimony to allow a judge to determine whether probable cause exists to continue the case. Probable cause is a much lower standard than beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard juries must consider when convicting someone of a crime...
Colangelo, the state’s attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford and Norwalk who is prosecuting the case, is likely to provide the minimal amount of evidence needed to determine probable cause since Pattis can cross-examine witnesses and challenge whatever evidence is presented during the hearing.
Pattis will not be allowed to present his evidence or call witnesses to the stand until the state rests its case and the judge has made a determination that probable cause exists, according to the law. Pattis can then ask the judge if he can put forth testimony or evidence that will refute the probable cause finding. The judge does not have to allow Pattis an opportunity to rebut unless the attorney makes a strong argument that his evidence could alter the probable cause finding.
In this case, the probable cause hearing will be before Stamford Superior Court Judge John Blawie, who already felt there was enough probable cause for the charges when he signed the arrest warrants for Fotis Dulos.
“There is a low probability of success given the fact a judge has already signed the warrant, but it is a chance to hold Mr. Dulos’ accusers accountable,” Pattis said last week.
Defense attorneys usually seek a probable cause hearing for an arrest based on a police report or if a client is being held on bond, Warren said. The hearing gives a defense attorney an opportunity to argue for a lower bond during cross examination based on the strength of the evidence, Warren said...
The witnesses in the probable cause hearing will likely be law enforcement officials, Klein said.The state’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. James Gill may also be called to testify about his conclusions on the death of Jennifer Dulos based on evidence provided by police.
The only wild card could be a man police described as homeless who was spotted on videos taking what appeared to be a bloody pillow out of a trash can in Hartford, according to arrest warrants.
The man told police he saw the bloody pillow in the trash where police say Fotis Dulos was caught on video dumping garbage bags that were found to contain his wife’s blood and clothing, according to arrest warrants.
Police surmise in arrest warrants that the pillow was taken from the garage of Jennifer Dulos’ home as part of the cleanup of the murder and later dumped in Hartford by Fotis Dulos along with the other bloodstained items, the arrest warrants said.The man is the type of witness who Klein said could come back to haunt a defense attorney. If the man testifies in the probable cause hearing, but doesn’t show up for the trial, his remarks could still be used during the proceedings.
“I learned that the hard way 30 years ago,” Klein said. “Barring that type of scenario, I always have a probable cause hearing. You’re getting a preview of the state’s case.”
Lawyers: Probable cause hearing a good move for defense in Jennifer Dulos case

I'm betting KM of retrieving the gun.
I do not believe KM could have been the "friend" who took custody of the gun initially because wasn't he under a domestic violence injunction at the time? I could be wrong about that but, if he was, he was legally barred from possessing a firearm. I feel certain LE has talked to the person who was holding Dulos' gun; was it returned, where is it now, etc.

So many good questions!!!!

1. I do believe that MT was not lying when she said she didn't know FD was at JFd house for 5/22 visitation. She was ticked. Regardless of how much pre-planning for JFd murder I believe she may have been privy to, she did not want FD to spend any time around JFd. At all. JMO. MOO.

2. The Tower Dumps will be a treasure trove. As will the tracking of phone calls/texts etc starting on 3/20/19 which is the date when FD received court ordered supervised visitation after not seeing his children since 3/1/18. It will be interesting to see all of the records between FD and his co-conspirators as well as any other Greek friends and family members and their comings and goings from Greece/Turkey etc... to the United States.

It is also important to note from the SW #19 Any and all Verizon wireless telephone account records for target phone (JFd cellular number) to cover dates from 5/24/19 through 6/5/19 that on 6/21/17 Farmington Police secured an unregistered firearm Glock 19 9 mm from Fotis Dulos pursuant to a Protective Order. According to the SW wording, "As of 3/8/19 a FRIEND of Fotis Dulos had reportedly made arrangements to receive the Glock--the exact status of the firearm is currently undetermined."

3. I am very curious to know who was hanging out on Thurton too. If it is indeed the Fore Group, Inc. 2015 Black Chevy Suburban then we know that it had to have happened AFTER the accident on 5/17 which means that it could have taken place on 5/17 or on any date afterwards up through 5/24-5/25. We know that LE canvassed several neighborhoods etc...requesting footage from at least 5/20 or so. Perhaps it occurred on the 5/22 visitation? Just a thought. Ofcourse it could have happened on 5/24 as well. Very curious. No idea if it was night or day. I think based on the little that has been released that KM met with FD on the night of 5/23 in Farmington. I believe he may have been operating this Chevy Suburban on 5/23 and during perhaps the morning and day of 5/24. Did he take possession of JFd remains? Where did he take them? Or was JFd briefly in that vehicle to her final resting place? EE said that on that afternoon of 5/24 when he came to retrieve his Toyota Tacoma that FD was operating the black suburban. MT was operating the White Jeep Cherokee Laredo.
LittleBitty thank you so much for your SW recaps! I was thinking about this when I was falling asleep last night and you k ow how it is when something hits you... like what? So I wanted to ask you first thing this morning, or anyone else who might know. It was posted that FD did not see his kids from 3/1/18 til visitation was granted on 3/20/19. A year? Is that true? What could have precipitated a judge to order no visitation at all for a year? MOO TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper