Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a good question. I am trying to remember which trial it was...that the special public defender got more money.....I think some places let then cut a salary deal with the state, county, town.
Anyone know for sure?

IIRC In the Jodi A case, Nurmi was able to negotiate his salary with the state because he had been representing her initially and she ran out of money.

The difference here, as I see it, is that FD has been able to make bail. If someone can make bail, they aren't destitute IMO.

[QUOTE="I am still so curious, as we all are, as to how the possible Fore Group, Inc. Chevy Suburban seen on surveillance at 7 Thurton Drive plays into all of this. Roughly 600 feet SW of JFd address. We don't know the date but we do know it was after the car accident on 5/17. We don't know who was in the vehicle. I am hoping cellular information/ call data records will help a bit with this or possible enhancement of the surveillance video/footage from Hartford PD.[/QUOTE]

SBM, I was just looking at the satellite view, it's chilling to think he was watching her home beforehand.

My question for the Farmington (or any familiar with the Farmington area) peeps is this: Are there any popular places in the woods/around a lake etc...that the teens would go to drink, hang out, possibly have a bonfire (and by extension that the adults would know about)? Places outdoors where teens would go? Or maybe where trash was dumped or burned?

So this is a question for all the Farmington locals (if you are lurking don't be afraid to post...we would all welcome your input, theories and observations :D:D:D)

My question for the Farmington (or any familiar with the Farmington area) peeps is this: Are there any popular places in the woods/around a lake etc...that the teens would go to drink, hang out, possibly have a bonfire (and by extension that the adults would know about)? Places outdoors where teens would go? Or maybe where trash was dumped or burned?

I ask for a couple of reasons...but I appreciate in advance any observations if you could post them or if any of yall have any knowledge of such or a way to answer my questions. TIA! (thanks in advance)

Avon/Farmington/Canton local here! Been creeping on WS for a week, joined last night, and am actively finding the courage to answer LittleBitty's call to action! (You are all geniuses, BTW). I just started a deep dive into this case a few days ago and have been FREAKED out by the stuff I've discovered so close to home. Highlights include: my oldest friend's family home shares a long stretch of woods with 585 Deercliff; I went to the same HS as MT's daughter (and discovered in an edition of the school magazine published MAY 28TH, 2019 that MT and GB recently donated a $10K ski trip to GB's ski chalet); I had the same elementary school teachers as JFD's eldest kids; I rode at the same barn (Folly Farm) as her kids; and, most chillingly, I've met Dana Hinman several times (named in AW; not someone I would call a 'good guy').

To answer the question, teens hang out in the woods here. There's a lot of pretense in the Farmington Valley, and if you're going to misbehave, you better do it in a secluded spot. For the local prep schoolers (Avon Old Farms, Ethel Walker, Miss Porter's), the go-to spot is the woods surrounding the sprawling Avon Old Farms campus. Close to AOF is another big park called Fisher Meadows. I also recently talked to a local mother with teenage kids, and she was telling me her daughters routinely walk through the woods on Deercliff Rd. If AOF is a sprawling wood, Deercliff is VAST. It is as winding, tree-covered, and secluded a residential area as it gets in Farmington/Avon. To that point, there are two types of luxury home developments in this area and they typically represent the two types of wealth we see. The first are open developments with all the houses right on top of each other -- people who purchase these houses typically want to display something (wealth, status, etc). The second are secluded developments with lots of tree-cover, private driveways, and distance between the houses -- people who purchase these homes want privacy (lots of athletes, lawyers, old money). If you look at FD's first properties (Bart Drive, Charlotte Court), they fall into the first category. But his later developments (Jefferson Xing, Olcott, Deercliff, Sky View) exemplify the second category. IMO, this transition from high-visibility properties to low-visibility properties marks a distinct shift in FD's business model and personal objectives.

Hope that helps answer your question. LMK if you have any other local questions and I'll do my best to answer!

PS I've been immersed in the archived pages of JFD's blog and the codified language she uses to discuss FD turns my stomach. I hope the state is holding out on big evidence and they nail this sociopath. Justice for Jennifer.

“Sources said police also are trying to determine why Fotis Dulos is covered in a poison ivy rash and where he may have gotten it. They noticed the poison ivy last week when they executed a body search warrant on him and took his DNA,” the Hartford Courant reports.
Courant: Estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos hires prominent lawyer Norman Pattis

BTW everyone the above article references FD first arrest on 6/1/19. Not his recent arrest for murder, felony murder and kidnapping. But since we are going over old information...it was speculated by most of us (if you guys are new or lurking) that FD somehow got the poison ivy (which was everywhere in CT at this time of year) inadvertently while disposing of evidence, or creeping around in the woods related to JFd disappearance.

The article ONLY mentions that he was covered in a poison ivy rash but no scratches. But I mean if yall have ever had it, even if you put medicine on it and are like the most controlled person on the planet...YOU ARE GONNA SCRATCH!.

So just to bring up more conversation what if he put the poison ivy on himself to cover up scratches from Jennifer as she fought to defend herself. LE only photographed FD on the 31st...well enough time for big scratches in self defense to heal and also be covered up by the rash and fresh scratching by FD because of the itching...

Just food for thought....I figured if he had on shorts that day he either got it lying in wait at JFd home or when he was on the bicycle on Weed Street and cut through a portion to get to JFd residence that was not seen on camera. But still...

Avon/Farmington/Canton local here! Been creeping on WS for a week, joined last night, and am actively finding the courage to answer LittleBitty's call to action! (You are all geniuses, BTW). I just started a deep dive into this case a few days ago and have been FREAKED out by the stuff I've discovered so close to home. Highlights include: my oldest friend's family home shares a long stretch of woods with 585 Deercliff; I went to the same HS as MT's daughter (and discovered in an edition of the school magazine published MAY 28TH, 2019 that MT and GB recently donated a $10K ski trip to GB's ski chalet); I had the same elementary school teachers as JFD's eldest kids; I rode at the same barn (Folly Farm) as her kids; and, most chillingly, I've met Dana Hinman several times (named in AW; not someone I would call a 'good guy').

To answer the question, teens hang out in the woods here. There's a lot of pretense in the Farmington Valley, and if you're going to misbehave, you better do it in a secluded spot. For the local prep schoolers (Avon Old Farms, Ethel Walker, Miss Porter's), the go-to spot is the woods surrounding the sprawling Avon Old Farms campus. Close to AOF is another big park called Fisher Meadows. I also recently talked to a local mother with teenage kids, and she was telling me her daughters routinely walk through the woods on Deercliff Rd. If AOF is a sprawling wood, Deercliff is VAST. It is as winding, tree-covered, and secluded a residential area as it gets in Farmington/Avon. To that point, there are two types of luxury home developments in this area and they typically represent the two types of wealth we see. The first are open developments with all the houses right on top of each other -- people who purchase these houses typically want to display something (wealth, status, etc). The second are secluded developments with lots of tree-cover, private driveways, and distance between the houses -- people who purchase these homes want privacy (lots of athletes, lawyers, old money). If you look at FD's first properties (Bart Drive, Charlotte Court), they fall into the first category. But his later developments (Jefferson Xing, Olcott, Deercliff, Sky View) exemplify the second category. IMO, this transition from high-visibility properties to low-visibility properties marks a distinct shift in FD's business model and personal objectives.

Hope that helps answer your question. LMK if you have any other local questions and I'll do my best to answer!

PS I've been immersed in the archived pages of JFD's blog and the codified language she uses to discuss FD turns my stomach. I hope the state is holding out on big evidence and they nail this sociopath. Justice for Jennifer.

WELCOME! We are so glad to have you here and posting! Yay!
That is so much great information! Thank you so much. I am in Texas so must rely on locals for all the geography and such.
That is such great information! I hope you continue to post as we would love to have your insight. It is always great to have fresh voices.

2 questions I still have:
1. Did a neighbor see the garage open and/or FD enter it?
2. Did JD have security cameras in or around her home?
Haven't heard anything from LE about a neighbor of JFD seeing anything. May be true and we just haven't seen it yet.
Early on, within a day or so of the murder, a local paper or tv crew showed a pic of a security
type light or camera on the corner of garage.
That photo is no longer online that I can find.
And we haven't heard anything about her security system. Was it on or off? Was it monitored by an outside company? We don't know.

It was recovered per the SW in JFd abandoned 2017 Black Chevy Suburban when the crime van was doing their processing.
Yes, it was also listed along with the (partial?) footprint inside the Suburban.

I had always felt like that wood fragment was something that was tracked in with a shoe...which could also lead to some area that the person driving the Suburban had been disposing of evidence...even a body.

WELCOME! We are so glad to have you here and posting! Yay!
That is so much great information! Thank you so much. I am in Texas so must rely on locals for all the geography and such.
That is such great information! I hope you continue to post as we would love to have your insight. It is always great to have fresh voices.
Thanks! So glad I stumbled on this forum. :)

One thing that's been bothering me is the recent "retirement" of the longterm Avon Police Chief. He was suspended/ put on paid admin-leave on Nov 11, 2019, for allegations regarding his conduct, but the details of those allegations have never been made public. The woman they brought in as interim chief resigned by Nov 29th. Now, at first, I thought this was a coincidence, but after reading the police report on KD's accident I'm starting to think there's something rotten in the state of CT.

MOO

Super great questions @LittleBitty!

I wonder if it might not be 1 thing that spooked 'ole Atty. P. but the fact that the narrative made by the State is now so much clearer?

I kept thinking about the one thing that Atty Colangelo could flash at the hearing that could shut down debate and discussion on many fronts.

Its a tough pick as it seems like the CCTV and evidence pool is extensive.

Perhaps the Face of the driver of EE truck (and any passenger) on Lapham OR Face of driver of JFd Suburban leaving Welles at 10:25 am possibly with JFd visible? I'm sure one damning photo could be found to simply shut down Pattisville prospects for more months of pure BS which seems to be what they want to do so they can maximise billings too!

My suspicion is that the State does have CCTV with faces visible and they have these and more and would Atty. P. risk them being flashed and photographed in Court and played for months on TV and discussed on the internet?

IDK. Doubtful. IMO, this round goes to the State as we went from Atty. P. screaming for Grand Jury, Atty. P. updating his West-law database to current law and then focusing on PCH and then retreating so he can live to fight another day.

Pure speculation on my part as there could have been one item in the huge list of items we are still processing that resulted in the decision to back off the PCH.

MOO
I think NP and FD are terrified that her body /parts will be found before it goes to trial, which would be devastating to them. It's a race against the clock for them, in that case. Eventually, more will be discovered. Or - MT or KM will come to their senses and speak up.

Or the GreekGrifters are running out of their cash stash.

OR: There is another crime that's not out yet, that they are terrified of LE finding out about. Connections to Greece, perhaps...

Or something in MT's past - with her past connections - that sheds light on what Fd &MT were doing?

@auspex That is incredible that you have all these "6 degrees from Kevin Bacon" type connections to MT especially.
Thanks for your observations on Dana. That is quite helpful as well. So glad you are posting. We are very happy to have your ideas and theories here. It is most welcome.

What do your friends all think of MT or FD? Anyone know them personally? I am just curious as to all the local scuttlebutt.
I find all of that personally fascinating. Very interesting the MT donation to the school for the ski chalet too.

Great insight also into where people might hang out or areas that might be known to the locals. Thanks so much for sharing all of this. You will probably be getting a ton more questions from other posters but it is the best way to get your feet wet so to speak as a poster.

Haven't heard anything from LE about a neighbor of JFD seeing anything. May be true and we just haven't seen it yet.
Early on, within a day or so of the murder, a local paper or tv crew showed a pic of a security
type light or camera on the corner of garage.
That photo is no longer online that I can find.
And we haven't heard anything about her security system. Was it on or off? Was it monitored by an outside company? We don't know.

I saw the footage of the security cam, but it has been removed. There was a system, but MOO the DA wants out of the media, I think we will have to wait till trial to hear more about it.

Welcome to the forum!!!! Yes we need local
information on so many different things.
I'm in Florida now but used to live in your area
for many years and things have changed a lot since I've been gone. And the family I still have around there don't pay much attention to the case.
Thanks so much for your input and local color.
We hope you'll stay and participate as I'm sure
you could be a real asset. Thanks for posting.

Thanks! So glad I stumbled on this forum. :)

One thing that's been bothering me is the recent "retirement" of the longterm Avon Police Chief. He was suspended/ put on paid admin-leave on Nov 11, 2019, for allegations regarding his conduct, but the details of those allegations have never been made public. The woman they brought in as interim chief resigned by Nov 29th. Now, at first, I thought this was a coincidence, but after reading the police report on KD's accident I'm starting to think there's something rotten in the state of CT.

MOO
That is indeed very troubling as you say. There are so many unsavory types surrounding this case and that are especially associated with KM (co-conspirator), MT (paramour of FD) and ofcourse FD himself. Lots of shady finances that I've no doubt implicates some pretty important people...MOO.

The KD accident is troubling for so many reasons. So many reasons. Not the least of which is that if I was out of the country while a beloved parent was injured in an accident she later died from a short time after the "accident" I would move heaven and earth to find out what happened. I certainly wouldn't be writing the nanny's statement to police, etc...I would demand a full accident report and such. Just inconceivable to me. Unless there are shady circumstances behind the accident in question.

I think this is why to a large degree the AVON/Farmington PD were not involved much if at all (from the moment JFd was reported missing). JMO

What are your thoughts on this?

What do your friends all think of MT or FD? Anyone know them personally?

I have more direct connections to JFD's friends, and I'm increasingly getting the sense they ran in very divergent circles. Let's put it this way, Dana Hinman is not the type of person I would ever imagine JFD socializing with. Same goes for Hutch Haines, who I do not know personally but my boyfriend does (and considers sketchy). Perhaps this is why FD is so drawn to MT? She can get down with the rougher type of people FD clearly prefers, while JFD was always put off by them (Uncle Mark, Yorgos, Kent).

I do believe my friend's family who live on Deercliff had several run-ins with FD and I'm planning to follow up with them about it.

I also talked to a bartender at our local ski resort, and she said FD would come in often and she did not enjoy waiting on him.

Remember that the week of August 20, 2019 he had tried to get a separate attorney for the two eldest twin boys. And he was playing basketball with them allegedly on the night of 5/22. the observer was likely sitting with the other kiddos and observing. No clue what could have been said while FD was with just the two boys on the court.

The Monitor is Not watching the children, they are Watching Fd.

The Monitor is to stick to Fd regardless of where the children are.

Every Move Fd makes, the Monitor is Required to make the same move.

IMO.

Speaking of KM....I notice that Cheshire Correctional Institution has an "Addiction Service Program" and wonder if the big guys at Bridgeport or wherever he was held decided if
KM was a good snitch he might get a transfer to a cushier, more sympathetic environment where
a drunken lawyer could get some AA type counseling and services. Cheshire years back was a Reformatory School for bad boys 16-24
and I believe it was a minimum security facility.
I do suspect he may be talking and thus the
softer digs and maybe even a real bed to sleep in.
moo

Why not assume he broke in through the mudroom door. Or assume that there was a spare key under the doormat for the mudroom door that leads outside?

There was no mention of a broken window/etc., no mention of glass in the warrant LA didn't mention seeing broken glass or broken window or door (and she would have noticed that), he wouldn't want to make that much noise, anyway, nor set off the alarm if it was on.

Not likely she'd leave a spare key or LA might have used it but she seems to have been far too afraid of Fd to have even left a key out.

I have more direct connections to JFD's friends, and I'm increasingly getting the sense they ran in very divergent circles. Let's put it this way, Dana Hinman is not the type of person I would ever imagine JFD socializing with. Same goes for Hutch Haines, who I do not know personally but my boyfriend does (and considers sketchy). Perhaps this is why FD is so drawn to MT? She can get down with the rougher type of people FD clearly prefers, while JFD was always put off by them (Uncle Mark, Yorgos, Kent).

I do believe my friend's family who live on Deercliff had several run-ins with FD and I'm planning to follow up with them about it.

I also talked to a bartender at our local ski resort, and she said FD would come in often and she did not enjoy waiting on him.

Oh wow! That would be great to learn of your friend's family's run ins with FD. I am not surprised to learn that FD frequented the local bars/nightlife and equally not surprised to learn that servers/bartenders would not enjoy his presence. That makes total sense with what we have learned about his personality.

So you have said your friends/acquaintances were more familiar with JFd (makes total sense). Do they have any impressions of her? I always got the sense of her being more reserved and "shy" for lack of a better term to use.

So glad you posted! Your insight is invaluable to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1