Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heller has ordered Herman’s testimony stricken from the record, ruled the hearings as a mistrial, since they were never completed, and required that his report remained sealed. Heller also noted in the order that anyone who reveals or releases the report could face sanctions or contempt of court.
Jennifer Dulos divorce: Judge tosses psych exam that favored Fotis Dulos
Very sadly this never stopped Atty. P. and Atty Rochlin from endlessly referring to this report and ditto for Dave Altimari of the HC.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago Atty. P. was waving this report around again and said, "...it will clear my client".

Farce being played out and the sad thing is that it IMO did zero to facilitate the defense of his client ever.

MOO

Many agree with you.

Most importantly, the children are no longer in danger of him taking them with him to his grave.

Also, their mother will (hopefully) not be dragged through the mud with lies about her.

If anything, his taking his own life further proves his deranged nature to the point where he would not have hesitated to take the life of another.

Note that this is NOT the same as a long-depressed individual who commits suicide.

I do worry about FD sister and any family kidnapping the kids.
Did FD put something in the possible note or any possible wills that indicated he wanted the children to go with HIS relatives in Greece?

Grandma will be on top of it ...moo

Are filed wills open to the public in CT?

One of my parents' best friends growing up in CT was a public defender until retirement. He always says that he "represented" clients rather than "defended" them. I think that is a very important line to draw, and one it seems evident that Norm Pattis and company stepped over long before even this case.

In a sense, Pattis really did his client no favors on the opposite side of that line. Perhaps, even unconsciously, this is what Pattis was really getting at yesterday when he declared that he failed FD. Pattis has to know this deep down in a fleeting moment of lucidity. I believe that FD was guilty, but I also believe that his representation failed him. Pattis fed the media machine he continued to blame, and I believe he did it out of his own selfishness.

I'm not saying FD is a victim by ANY means. He chose this aggressive, media-thirsty attorney with eyes wide open. It's just a shame to see things go down like this. FD got away with it in my eyes because he maintained control until the end, even if it had to be whether he personally live or died. MOO.

Pattis also fed FD stories of the impossible. NP convinced FD that he would walk away a free man. And for awhile it looked that way. When the bond fell apart, FD finally realized that he was not going to walk free. When FD finally realized he’d been conned, he took the easy way out.
Pattis has a big hand in FD suicide. IMO. Maybe he didn’t mean to exaggerate the chances of victory. But FD hung on Pattis’ every word. and took it as gospel.
Live by the sword. Die by the sword.
A tragedy to all whose lives were touched by FD.
Maybe CT will reinstate the death penalty. And deny bond to those accused of capital crimes.

Would he even be able to give any information with Attorney Client Privilege?

Past and Future Misbehavior
Discussions of previous acts are generally subject to the attorney-client privilege. If, for example, if a client tells his lawyer that he robbed a bank or lied about assets during a divorce, the lawyer probably can’t disclose the information.

But if a client initiates a communication with a lawyer for the purpose of committing a crime or an act of fraud in the future, the attorney-client privilege typically doesn’t apply. Likewise, most states allow—or require—attorneys to disclose information learned from a client that will prevent death or serious injury. Many have a similar rule where revealing otherwise confidential information would prevent or remedy financial injury due to a crime or fraud.
The Attorney-Client Privilege

suppose he knows something about KM or MT? something that would send them to or save them from prison?

Prosecutors are human beings and yes they occasionally allow dying defendants to see their families before their imminent deaths. FD has not been convicted of any crime yet so he is not receiving any special privileges that anyone else technically out on bond wouldn’t receive.
Are you sure he wasn’t convicted? Everyone said he killed her!

It is absolutely insane to ask a state to waste state resources trying a corpse.

However, NP is welcome to defend the estate in a wrongful death suit against FD if the estate wants to waste their money on incompetent representation.

Surely the children will inherit anything FD has so no reason for a lawsuit.
However, I would imagine FD's estate is in the negative numbers. What a loser!

And there is also the notion that what FD believes is evidence may not be evidence to prove his innocence at all.
That’s why it’s important for state now to continue on with this trial without FD to prove he murdered her! To prove she is dead by showing her body, bloody items and everything in between!

Past and Future Misbehavior
Discussions of previous acts are generally subject to the attorney-client privilege. If, for example, if a client tells his lawyer that he robbed a bank or lied about assets during a divorce, the lawyer probably can’t disclose the information.

But if a client initiates a communication with a lawyer for the purpose of committing a crime or an act of fraud in the future, the attorney-client privilege typically doesn’t apply. Likewise, most states allow—or require—attorneys to disclose information learned from a client that will prevent death or serious injury. Many have a similar rule where revealing otherwise confidential information would prevent or remedy financial injury due to a crime or fraud.
The Attorney-Client Privilege

suppose he knows something about KM or MT? something that would send them to or save them from prison?
Doesn't matter if it happened in the past when FD told him (from my understanding).

@MemPat and @LittleBitty, I think DA just "scooped" @LittleBitty earlier quote here??????

Virtually identical.....have to double check the timing.
I always hope Dave is reading here so he can see how little respect we have for his "reporting".
Not surprised that he would borrow the wise and witty LittleBitty's words!

Heller has ordered Herman’s testimony stricken from the record, ruled the hearings as a mistrial, since they were never completed, and required that his report remained sealed. Heller also noted in the order that anyone who reveals or releases the report could face sanctions or contempt of court.
Jennifer Dulos divorce: Judge tosses psych exam that favored Fotis Dulos

4 months after Jennifer was killed? A lot of good that does. The orders had no teeth. Everyone knew that. Too little, too late IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru