Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dulos was angry that he was unable to see his children. Heller had restricted his contact with them after he lied about them having contact with his then-girlfriend Michelle Troconis.
Troconis has been arrested three times since the disappearance of Faber Dulos. In the most recent arrest Jan. 7, she was charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the disappearance of Farber Dulos. Her case is pending.
“I speak to them on the phone once a week on a recorded line!” Dulos wrote, referring to the arrangement he had to talk to his children.
It’s unclear what Dulos expected to get from writing the letter, although he does ask the commission to take a closer look at his case and claims that he is being discriminated against because of his Greek origin.
Heller was unaware that the letter was written and told Dulos she should have been informed. She also told Dulos at a court hearing that it didn’t matter anyway.

“And — so I’ve been approved for reappointment. I’ll put it that way. So whatever complaint Mr. Dulos made, the Judicial Section Commission has approved me for reappointment. But I did not have any knowledge of it, and I think I should have been informed,” Heller said, according to court transcripts of a March 2019 hearing.

But a day after that hearing, Heller issued her new custody orders, which increased the amount of time that Dulos could see his children to every other weekend and Wednesday evenings as long as a court monitor was present.
The last time Dulos saw his children was on May 22, when he spent more than an hour at their New Canaan home eating dinner in the backyard while Farber Dulos and the nanny for the children, Lauren Almeida, were inside.
Dulos spent more than an hour outside the home but never went in, according to Colangelo.
After Farber Dulos’ disappearance, Heller held fewer and fewer court dates and did not schedule any hearings after Meehan requested a status conference in early January.

In his letter, Dulos said there were 389 pleadings at the time he wrote it.

There are now 544.

The last one was filed Friday by attorney Richard Rochlin, notifying the court that Fotis Dulos was dead.

I agree the Judicial Selection Commission should have notified the judge of his letter, and she should have notified both parties.

Four months before his estranged wife went missing, a frustrated and financially strapped Fotis Dulos wrote a scathing letter to judicial authorities opposing the reappointment of the judge handling his then two-and-a-half-year-old divorce case.
“I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere,” Dulos wrote in the Jan. 30, 2019, letter to the Judicial Selection Commission and obtained by The Courant.
The couple’s bitter divorce and fight over custody of their five children has been cited by investigators as a possible motive for Farber Dulos’ disappearance and suspected violent murder. The letter by Dulos criticizing Superior Court Judge Donna Heller lays out Dulos’ frustrations with the family court system and with his wife’s attorney, Reuben Midler.
It reveals not only his anger at not seeing his children “for more than one percent of the time in 2018” but also his frustrations with the cost of the divorce.
“My soon to be ex-wife has waged war against me by employing the law firm of Wayne Effron and specifically attorney Reuben Midler,” Dulos wrote. “I have been representing myself because I cannot afford legal fees of $70,0000 per month as she does. The result is I have been railroaded.”
Dulos complained that Heller allowed Midler to “always get his way” and controlled the proceedings. Midler could not be reached for comment.
Records detailed the financial drain of the bitter divorce.
The court-appointed guardian for the couple’s children, Michael Meehan, who Farber Dulos wanted removed from the case, was paid $175,000 through December 2018, records show. Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.
Herman’s report has been sealed by Heller, although search warrants released recently indicate that Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo obtained a copy through a search warrant. At the court hearing when the report was sealed, attorneys for Dulos intimated that Herman’s report was favorable toward Dulos.
There also are costs for a family therapist, three psychologists and court-approved monitors, paid about $150 an hour, who were required to supervise Dulos’ visits with his children. Records show Dulos had at least 20-25 supervised visits with his children since Farber Dulos filed for divorce in 2017.

“Judge Heller has ruled against me over and over. I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser,” Dulos wrote. “I am a good father and my children adore me.”

‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce
--------------------------------------------------------

This whole sordid diatrabe from FD shows an
interesting human phenomena:
The very thing that attracted FD to JFD in the
first place is what eventually did him in. The Farber Family Money.
When he met up with her after college and his
career and life were going nowhere, he had also learned very well on his job how to seek out financial info on citizens who you want to prowl for investment money. He was a money minion, similar to AC, who gravitated to those with moneyed families. Do the background checks, make friends, and collect their money to invest.
This is how the financial world works in investing.
Yes, JFD's family money initially got FD's attention and in his mind, his plan was devised.
But that very thing, HER Family Money, eventually did him in. He simply couldn't compete with her in the courtroom. He was drowning and knew it.
In the end it was Farber money (which transfers to power) did him in. He fought it but couldn't keep his head above water.
He mistakenly thought he had risen to their level and now was an equal opportunity opponent.
Boy, was he ever wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------

This whole sordid diatrabe from FD shows an
interesting human phenomena:
The very thing that attracted FD to JFD in the
first place is what eventually did him in. The Farber Family Money.
When he met up with her after college and his
career and life were going nowhere, he had also learned very well on his job how to seek out financial info on citizens who you want to prowl for investment money. He was a money minion, similar to AC, who gravitated to those with moneyed families. Do the background checks, make friends, and collect their money to invest.
This is how the financial world works in investing.
Yes, JFD's family money initially got FD's attention and in his mind, his plan was devised.
But that very thing, HER Family Money, eventually did him in. He simply couldn't compete with her in the courtroom. He was drowning and knew it.
In the end it was Farber money (which transfers to power) did him in. He fought it but couldn't keep his head above water.
He mistakenly thought he had risen to their level and now was an equal opportunity opponent.
Boy, was he ever wrong.

MOO he forgot that marrying for money is a job.

He was continously and generously fronted enough money by the Farbers to make his own fortune.

Last edited:
She took the phone call from Greece on the 24th. She was sitting there at 4JC waiting for it. To provide an alibi. In order to facilitate a murder. She was accomplice at that point if not much sooner. Remember, FD told her: I can't believe JD is doing this to me. ANY knowledge is conspiracy if you don't stop the crime. So imagine your partner gets up at 4:20AM one morning and leaves for parts known or unknown. You say you never talked to him that morning. And oh, he happens to leave his cell phone in the office. And you are instructed to answer it. And very odd goings-on with vehicles being left at MS the night before. Then you are helping to clean part of a crime scene. You bring bleach and garbage bags to assist. You handle a cloth that doesn't smell like coffee. Your DNA is found inside the garbage bags along with Jennifer's DNA. Heck, one of the bags even has your DNA as well as JD and FD. You weren't only handling construction debris. You found out JD was missing not long after the garbage dump. If even you were totally stupid up to that point(wouldn't know how that could be possible)well you know NOW. She should have run to the nearest police station. IMO.

I don’t disagree that there is plenty that can implicate her.going back to the day km was in the office I believe km was there to answer that phone call and establish the alibi.she may of just walked into the office looking for fd who she thought was around(in a13thousand sq foot house you could go hours thinking he was there when in fact he wasn’t)the phone rings and km sees his out and motions for her to answer.she could of had no idea that fd was off committing a crime at that point.it was the end of the day that she found out Jennifer was missing.At that point fd could of turned on the charm and started damage control.saying honey I was at 80ms all morning cleaning,and my phone was here the cops will never believe that. To get them off my back quicker you should tell them I was here all morning.in fact my Attorney says we should write our alibi down.and as he is scripting the alibi to her,she is saying but that didn’t happen.and he reassure her it’s best to make it more believable it’s not gonna hurt a thing just a little white lie.she all the while thinking fd couldn’t hurt a flea. Lying to le because he said it was ok only to realize in the coming days that fd was guilty of murder.trying to come clean with the cops but it was to late she forgot what was lies and what was truth dug herself a big whole in a state of confusion.she don’t know enough to flip on him he was smart enough not to give her that info.moo not saying it did happen this way but guys like fd have a way with love struck air heads like mt.

Popping in with a question about custody...
Does GF have now have the legal right to set up a plan for the children in case (heaven forbid) something would happen to her? I am assuming FD would have had some say if he were alive, but now that he is gone is she the sole decision-maker? I just would hate to see anyone from his side of the family lay claim to them.

MT

MOO he forgot that marrying for money is a job.

-------------------------
YES, I had forgotten that quote that I first saw years ago in a book
"HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE"

I'm sure Mr. HF (FIL) did not take kindly to a
son-in-law while borrowing Farber money,
was also spending 10 days per mo. bouncing around Europe water skiing. Bad move.

I just think mt could be the starie eyed air head in love with the rich guy,do what he asked.confused as to why but doing it because he asked. Fotis being the cheap builder he was probably used other people’s trash bins all the time.so this ride may not of seemed so out of place. Except the neighborhood he choose.
I m just not ready to be judge and jury with her life just yet.

Snipped and bolded by me.

Regarding MT, I do think she's not the brightest, but she also led a jet-setting life prior to living in CT. I don't think she's starry-eyed eyed, but instead sort of an hard and aging Euro-trash. I do think he manipulated her and in all likelihood lied to her, but I don't think she was naive - she knew what was up. The way she got involved with FD while he was still married and living with Jennifer tells us the character of MT. She was willing to move into Jennifer's house with Jennifer there! That's not starry-eyed. imo

Regarding the neighborhood where they threw the bags away, that has burned me from the very start of the case. They deliberately picked a "bad" neighborhood where if the items were discovered, they hoped/assumed LE would think someone in that neighborhood was the murderer. Just screams prejudice and superiority. Grrr.

I'm waiting for MT to tell what she knows about what happened to Jennifer.....hoping she has that bit of decency in her (but not counting on it).

jmo

Does GF have now have the legal right to set up a plan for the children in case (heaven forbid) something would happen to her? I am assuming FD would have had some say if he were alive, but now that he is gone is she the sole decision-maker? I just would hate to see anyone from his side of the family lay claim to them.

MOO IME I do believe GF has sole custody and legal guardianship. As I have also been granted that for a grandchild here in CT it is my understanding that she has sole decision making power and I imagine has already made a contingency plan for the children in case something happens to her.
Now however great that sounds I also do understand that legally anyone can step in to fight her 1) about any decisions she may make 2) to challenge that custody.
Sad but true.

I don’t disagree that there is plenty that can implicate her.going back to the day km was in the office I believe km was there to answer that phone call and establish the alibi.she may of just walked into the office looking for fd who she thought was around(in a13thousand sq foot house you could go hours thinking he was there when in fact he wasn’t)the phone rings and km sees his out and motions for her to answer.she could of had no idea that fd was off committing a crime at that point.it was the end of the day that she found out Jennifer was missing.At that point fd could of turned on the charm and started damage control.saying honey I was at 80ms all morning cleaning,and my phone was here the cops will never believe that. To get them off my back quicker you should tell them I was here all morning.in fact my Attorney says we should write our alibi down.and as he is scripting the alibi to her,she is saying but that didn’t happen.and he reassure her it’s best to make it more believable it’s not gonna hurt a thing just a little white lie.she all the while thinking fd couldn’t hurt a flea. Lying to le because he said it was ok only to realize in the coming days that fd was guilty of murder.trying to come clean with the cops but it was to late she forgot what was lies and what was truth dug herself a big whole in a state of confusion.she don’t know enough to flip on him he was smart enough not to give her that info.moo not saying it did happen this way but guys like fd have a way with love struck air heads like mt.
BBM: By the time JD had been announced as missing, MT had already participated in "cleaning Jennifer", handled bloody items, got her DNA on garbage bags that also had JD DNA, played cat and mouse with EE Toyota keys and gone on a garbage run. I don't think there's plausible deniability here. She knew the score. MOO>

Don't worry about the Greeks. Not gonna happen.

MOO IME I do believe GF has sole custody and legal guardianship. As I have also been granted that for a grandchild here in CT it is my understanding that she has sole decision making power and I imagine has already made a contingency plan for the children in case something happens to her.
Now however great that sounds I also do understand that legally anyone can step in to fight her 1) about any decisions she may make 2) to challenge that custody.
Sad but true.
Thank you

MT helps him clean his vehicle and he says it's coffee and she says "it doesn't smell like coffee". That tells me she was not involved! FD saying I can't believe JD did this to me, meant his anger went off the rails and thus the killing.

What still puzzles me is MT knew what she was getting into when she helped FD dispose of Jennifer so, why didn’t she stay by FD’s side Until the end , ride or die .

Why did Bowman ask the Court for a
“No Contact Order” . What actually caused her to turn on FD yet , Not really turn on him .

If she wanted to distance herself from FD she would have come clean to LE but , she didn’t .

Since she didn’t,
why didn’t she just stay ?

Replying to myself ..

I guess my point is :
MT didn’t need to agree to the No Contact Order. She’s paying his bill , he’s working for her .

She could have said , “No, I want to stay with Fotis , figure out another Defense for me /us”. Jon Bonet’s parents come to mind .

If she wasn’t going to turn on him and come clean with the truth, why’d she even bother leaving.

Regarding MT, I do think she's not the brightest, but she also led a jet-setting life prior to living in CT. I don't think she's starry-eyed eyed, but instead sort of an hard and aging Euro-trash. I do think he manipulated her and in all likelihood lied to her, but I don't think she was naive - she knew what was up. The way she got involved with FD while he was still married and living with Jennifer tells us the character of MT. She was willing to move into Jennifer's house with Jennifer there! That's not starry-eyed. imo

Regarding the neighborhood where they threw the bags away, that has burned me from the very start of the case. They deliberately picked a "bad" neighborhood where if the items were discovered, they hoped/assumed LE would think someone in that neighborhood was the murderer. Just screams prejudice and superiority. Grrr.

I'm waiting for MT to tell what she knows about what happened to Jennifer.....hoping she has that bit of decency in her (but not counting on it).

jmo

you make very good points of the type of person MT is.witch all points to good reasons for her involment. But I doubt fd would of told her where the body is in fear of her flipping. IF she knows I hope she flip so the farbers could give JFd the proper burial she deserves! And they could get the closure they deserve.

jmo
Replying to myself ..

I guess my point is :
MT didn’t need to agree to the No Contact Order. She’s paying his bill , he’s working for her .

She could have said , “No, I want to stay with Fotis , figure out another Defense for me /us”. Jon Bonet’s parents come to mind .

If she wasn’t going to turn on him and come clean with the truth, why’d she even bother leaving.

MOO agree. This is the question. What is/was the point of giving enough information to ruin relationship with FD but not enough to get out of trouble?
MOO this disconnect points to information that has not yet been revealed, either by MT or by the police.

Heller allowed Farber to intervene in the divorce case and there is a pending motion in the family case for sole custody of the children, which seeks "the same result she has already achieved in the New Canaan Probate Court.” It was one of her last actions on the case.

Do you know what the difference is between getting custody in Probate and Family?
Why would she have to do both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member