Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atty. P. Did say something interesting on chaz and aj show about how in a civil litigation that the estate can be substituted for a live person.

Perhaps what would end this ongoing Atty. P. Catch me if you can on the Albany evidence is simply to sue the estate for wrongful death now. Let Atty. P. defend FD and end this nightmare. This would finish the discussion but would also diminish the estate but it might be worth it to clear the decks and provide closure for the family as the Atty. P. Nightmare doesn’t seem to want to end.

wonder if it could work?

moo

132.00 02/04/2020 P OBJECTION TO MOTION
Document.gif
newred.gif
TO DISCHARGE RECEIVER
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18644247

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting to listen to. NP says he cannot comment on where the suicide note came from but assures them it is authentic/ Acknowledges that his chances to try the case without Fotis are remote at best/ indicates he is still under a gag order (*!!#) so cannot tell the story that vindicates Fotis yet/ They ask him if he has indesputable evidence of Fotis' innocence and Norm says "Yes and No"/Indicates if the state will not give him the discovery he will get it one way or another/and he will tell the larger story of Fotis' innocence when gag order lifted or one way or another/
Although he gave no inidication of what the story would be - listening to him left me with a nagging suspicion that this story of his, this story of Fotis' innocence, will be more a story of continuing to malign Jennifer - re medical issues etc - .
He said they are still gathering evidence.
He sounds like a guy who needs to take a few very deep breaths, get some sleep and rethink his whole focus. He has lost all perspective ALL IMO of course

The HC reported that McGuigan said he arrived around 11:30am with a private bondsman- I recall during live coverage McG said it was a woman- and they encountered 2 police cars already there, and a scene of chaos, and then a lot more police arrived shortly after. Some reporting said the welfare check call was at 11:54, but other reporting said the suicide attempt call came in to FPD at 11:54. Once they did the we,fare check and found him they likely also called in for backup.

I do remember at the time that a woman bondsman was reported to have posted the notice that morning. So that could be the woman that arrived at 11:18 and left at 11:28. And then AC arrived later.
Or, the times could be all mixed up, or off by a bit. But I do recall there should have been another woman from the bond company with McGuigan.

Also, it isn’t clear if the welfare check was called in first, slightly earlier than 11:54 to FPD, and a couple cars went to do the welfare check, and then they called for backup at 11:54 when they found him in the garage, or that the initial welfare check call was at 11:54. It would seem like they called for backup quickly once they found him because pretty quickly LE put up tents and had a ton of equipment out, which they probably didn’t bring with them just on the welfare check, and also pretty quickly there were a lot of cop cars on scene. The very earliest coverage of FD on the ground in the driveway though just had a few officers there with him, and no tents or anything, just doing CPR compressions, so they likely called for backup when they realized what was going on.

Even if the 11:54 call was the welfare check, and not the second call for backup, that means that KS must have alerted the monitoring company slightly before that, because they’d need to track FD and then call in the welfare check.
So it is possible that the welfare check happened around 11:30 when McGuighan says he arrived, and the 2 police cars were there already looking for FD, and then once they found him in the garage, likely not the first place they looked, they called for backup at 11:54.

Here’s the timeline details, pasted in from Post 647 thread 40 by @afitzy :

McGuigan said he and a private bondsman arrived at the Dulos home in Farmington at about 11:30 a.m. to serve notice that they would be formally moving in court later in the morning to pull the bond. McGuigan said he encountered a state of confusion. [BBM]

Two Farmington patrol cars had already arrived and they were quickly joined by dozens of police officers and emergency medical personnel.

The first responders located Dulos in the garage of his home. McGuigan said Dulos, who appeared unresponsive, was moved to the back yard from the garage, which appears to have been filled with smoke or exhaust. Emergency medical personnel immediately began efforts at resuscitation, which continued for an extended period of time, two sources said.

It was believed initially by the first responders that Dulos had died. But after at least a half hour of efforts at resuscitation, medical personnel detective a faint pulse, one of the sources said.

MOO.

ETA: I recall that morning that there was talk that the woman who arrived earlier that was thought to be maybe from the DAs office? called police when she found nobody home. This might have been the bondswoman? This was during the WFSB live coverage out in front, and here is a MSM source that also mentions that (small town news but sometimes these have the best clues!) so this is probably the 11:18 woman, and this might be why the FPD was already on the welfare check with 2 cars there when McG arrived at 11:30. Also might explain why we heard early on that KS didn’t call FD until 12:15 and then FDs phone went to VM. So it might not have been KS that made the welfare check call initially but it might have all transpired together- she finds FD not home, leaves at 11:30 and calls in to police, they check his monitor and show him home, KS realizes FD isn’t at court, FPD is on the welfare check and finds FD in car and calls in suicide attempt....
Fotis Dulos, Suspect in Jennifer Dulos Case on Murder Charge, Attempted Suicide and Is Now Hospitalized and in Critical Condition

So the Bond company Waits until 11:30 am to Inform Fd in person, that they were pulling the Bond?

Was this Not the Same Bond that resulted in the Emergency Hearing just 30 minutes later, at 12:00 Noon?

It is 1.5 Hours on a good day from 4JC to Stamford.

It is Impossible to get to the Stamford Court from 4JC in 30 minutes.

Did the Bond company Not Know there was an Emergency Hearing regarding their Own Bond?

Something is not right.

IMO.

I think what's happening with the bail compony is that they gave FD the bail money using the house as collateral. So given that the house is under water, there is no collateral for the 270k. So basically they are in line for the proceeds, if any, from the estate. I'm not sure what this AC lady has to do with it except maybe she's the executor or beneficiary.

"So given that the house is under water, there is no collateral for the 270k. " I agree. MOO.

"So basically they are in line for the proceeds, if any, from the estate." I disagree. Collateral that is posted as protection against FD fleeing is lost when FD flees. "They" or the bail company, 24/7, can look to the indemnitor, Palmetto, and Palmetto can look to its insurance company, to be made whole on the loss of collateral when FD flees. Not sure what happens upon FD's death. MOO.

"I'm not sure what this AC lady has to do with it except maybe she's the executor or beneficiary." Please clarify the legal entity for which AC has been appointed executor or beneficiary. So far there has been no documents released which indicate that AC has been appointed as an executor (perhaps you mean of FD's estate) or that AC is the beneficiary of some of kind of insurance policy or will executed by FD. No evidence that an insurance policy purchased by FD or will executed by FD exists. Should an insurance company receive an insurance claim related to FD's death, suicide would void a payout. I would hope the insurance company would investigate the source of the premiums used to purchase the policy as ill-gotten gains. Palmetto's relationship with AC is unknown although I expect investigators to produce documents outlining that relationship and any compensation paid by Palmetto to AC for sourcing new business. MOO.

Last edited:
So the Bond company Waits until 11:30 am to Inform Fd in person, that they were pulling the Bond?

Was this Not the Same Bond that resulted in the Emergency Hearing just 30 minutes later, at 12:00 Noon?

Did the Bond company Not Know there was an Emergency Hearing regarding their Own Bond?

Something is not right.

IMO.
Absolutely agree that nothing about what was going on at 4jx makes sense.

But top of mind IMO is where was Pattisville? If McGuigan was at 4jx, then did he knock or look in windows? Who made the call to FPD for the welfare check? This isn’t hard to figure out as these are very basic questions.

Where is CSP in all of this?

Simply looks like a cluster[REDACTED]!!!!

MOO

Legal experts believe that prosecutors will move forward with their case against Bloomfield attorney Kent Mawhinney, who has been charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
They say the case against the attorney is likely to proceed, even though the prime suspect, real estate developer Fotis Dulos, died by suicide Thursday. Fotis had been awaiting trial for murder of his wife Jennifer, who disappeared in May.
Now, the fate of an attorney hangs in the balance.
Mawhinney, a Connecticut lawyer for 29 years, received his law degree from Western New England College in 1990. He specialized in immigration law. He was friends with Dulos, and represented him in several civil matters.
But Mawhinney’s law license was suspended Jan. 28, and he remains behind bars, unable to post a $2 million bond. While the criminal case unfolds, a court-appointed trustee will look at the defendant-lawyer’s caseload, contact his clients, and refer them to other counsel as needed, according to former Connecticut chief disciplinary counsel Mark Dubois, an attorney with New London’s Geraghty & Bonnano...

While the experts the Connecticut Law Tribune spoke to Monday said the state will probably either offer Mawhinney a plea or try the case, they agreed the evidence is flimsy at best. Dulos’ death will also probably not sway the prosecution’s decision to move forward with the case, they said.
“To be frank, my opinion from reading the affidavit is that to call this a weak case is an understatement,” said longtime New Haven criminal defense lawyer John Williams. “It’s a nothing case. I can’t believe a judge signed that warrant because it does not allege anything. It’s all speculation upon speculation. There are a lot of might have been’s. It’s disgusting and all that shallow grave stuff is all speculation.”
Criminal defense attorney James Bergenn of Shipman & Goodwin agreed.
“There is nothing in the public record that puts Mawhinney as a co-conspirator in advance of the murder,” Bergenn said. “All I can see in the public records is that Dulos and Mawhinney were buddies, had an attorney-client relationship, and each had problems going through a divorce.”
Mawhinney is also charged with spousal sexual assault and violating a protective order related to his wife.

Meanwhile, Dubois, who spent years prosecuting attorney-ethics case, said Mawhinney “lost a big bargaining chip” when Dulos died.

“The question now is what does he know, if anything, and how can they bargain here?” Dubois said. ”Ninety-nine percent of criminal cases end with some kind of plea bargain. It will probably happen in this case.”

Richard Colangelo Jr., who was named chief state’s attorney last week, is also still acting as state’s attorney for the Stamford/Norwalk judicial district. He is prosecuting the case against Mawhinney. He declined to discuss the matter Monday because the case is ongoing.
Michele Troconis, Dulos’ girlfriend, is also charged with conspiracy to commit murder. She posted bond, and her case is pending.

Experts: Prosecution Likely to Proceed Against Lawyer Implicated in Fotis Dulos Case | Connecticut Law Tribune

Something is not right.

IMO.
My understanding was that FD was already aware that the original bond was being revoked from a 9:30 am call. And he was working on securing a second bond.

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting to listen to. NP says he cannot comment on where the suicide note came from but assures them it is authentic/ Acknowledges that his chances to try the case without Fotis are remote at best/ indicates he is still under a gag order (*!!#) so cannot tell the story that vindicates Fotis yet/ They ask him if he has indesputable evidence of Fotis' innocence and Norm says "Yes and No"/Indicates if the state will not give him the discovery he will get it one way or another/and he will tell the larger story of Fotis' innocence when gag order lifted or one way or another/
Although he gave no inidication of what the story would be - listening to him left me with a nagging suspicion that this story of his, this story of Fotis' innocence, will be more a story of continuing to malign Jennifer - re medical issues etc - .
He sounds like a guy who needs to take a few very deep breaths, get some sleep and rethink his whole focus. He has lost all perspective ALL IMO of course

Not sending someone to drive FD to court and have a coffee on the way was too callous.

IMO I think post 233 above @xtrain nailed it.

More to come from LE and I speculated that much of it we cannot yet imagine.

KM investigation is ongoing.

AC enters the case and has engaged Atty. P. IMO her role in the Fd bond situation appears absolutely worthy of further investigation by LE as zero about what MSM have uncovered about her situation leads me to the conclusion that she had the financial wherewithal to support a $3 million unsecured note.

IKD what exactly we are looking at regarding the last Fd bond but the role of AC and the Atty. P. PI absolutely IMO need to be fully investigated by LE.

Further, the timeline of the woman at 4Jx discussed in the WFSB video I posted early absolutely needs scrutiny as it seems that she came back to 4Jx, left and LE didn't show up until shortly after noon. What did this person do when they returned to 4Jx at 11:18am, why did they leave and what caused the delay in making the welfare check phone call?

We don't know the CO concentration levels in the Suburban but I would think that the difference between breaking into the Suburban at 11:18am and 12 noon would have been HUGE and might have saved the life of Fd. Why did this person leave 4Jx? Did this person call Atty. P. or Atty Smith? Why was the welfare call to FPD delayed if this person was at 4Jx at 11:18am?

WFSB Reporters on the scene made note of all the traffic in/out of 4Jx and they had the drone present as well. The WFSB Reporter on the scene was quite concerned about the woman entering the property and leaving and made note to immediately report the situation to LE and discuss it in the live coverage. What was going on at the scene? The scene looked chaotic but I do wonder if we witnessed a suicide attempt or an assisted suicide? I hope LE makes the suicide investigation results public as few things at that scene which was captured live made sense IMO.

MOO
The money train has left the station. The family of FD had no problem with the FIL and GF wealth, while they were on the train. Now, they have a problem because they're tickets expired. Bummer.

MOO Having your father insist on a live in girfriend is not being a good Dad or husband.
MOO He married for money, he couldn't make money himself because he hardly worked, he got bored felt victimized and started down a path that led to divorce and ruin.

He was without children until he was in his very late 30's how was it he was unable to work hard enough or build a career and make all the millions of dollar he wanted...??? Who stopped him from becoming a multi millionaire in his own right??

Who allowed him to quit his day job upon becoming Mr. Jennifer Farber and 'build houses' when that was not the trade he was in when he met Jennifer....

He is the creator of all of his own problems. Why not let Jennifer have her own bathroom in your monstrosity houses if you are a nice husband and your wife asked for one thing from you; what loving man and decent father goes to Greece or God knows where 10 days a month on 'vacations' .. and this man wonders why he is broke and the legal 'system' against poor (literally and figuratively) pitiful him.

I know we have our own suicide theories and if the kids photographs were in his car; even more staged...for maximum benefit to himself in the kids eyes when he was miraculously saved, and oh look dad almost killed himself because Grandma won't stop suing him...

ETA; I will say, I don't know anything about suicide...so I don't know how it can be a sudden rash event, coupled with his desperately seeking new bond just that morning, when when he woke up Tuesday he was not going to court, it was a last minute court date...it just seems so fake and staged..and that note..more attention seeking and histrionics..I hope we know more about a lot soon...this case is baffling..

Also stated in the beginning that FD showed his great love and loyalty to MT.
Now, why do you think he pointed that out?
Hoping that MT will continue to show her love and loyalty?
MOO.

NP's guilt should run deep IF FD truly did have an alibi/excuse (which for the life of me, I cannot comprehend) and NP told him to hold that card close. If my attorney told me that, I would be flipping through the yellowpages so fast your head would spin!

It is against the law to kill people who see psychologists too.
If this is more Gone Girl, how ridculous. Blood spatter is not droplets like cutting a finger, it is the near aerosol blood spray raised from a severe strike to the body. How far the spatter extends correlates to the impact.
The forensic expert is going to be able to support that it was a grievous assault. Perhaps she lived a little longer but without medical attention she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter