Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tomlinson_PE

The hearing comes on the heels of a request by Attorney Christopher Hug, the administrator for the estate of Fotis Dulos, to override a state law requiring a seven-year waiting period to declare a missing person legally dead.

If Jennifer Dulos is declared dead, her estranged husband’s estate would be granted access to a $194,000 retirement account that has been off limits.

Judge Daly has arrived to a roomful of lawyers. Hearing is about to begin
Hug said the Fotis estate’s debt is “reasonably frozen.” Hug said the 4 Jefferson Crossing home has been foreclosed in and transferred to a trustee of the Dulos children.

Hug says the homes owned by Fotis - including 80 Mountain Spring Road (which has also been foreclosed) and another Avon home - have “no equity.” He said a home owned by the Fore Group in New Canaan may have a little value, though.
Hug says Fotis’ estate has begun selling off assets from his combined properties for money.
Weinstein says the deed to 4 Jefferson Crossing, where Fotis lived, has been handed over to the Farber family
Dulos had a separate safety deposit box at Peoples Bank that contained more than $35,000 in valuables including Rolex watch, gold doubloons, rings and other jewelry. There is some dispute over who it belongs too.
Two additional lots on 84 and 88 Mountain Spring Road have also been sold to try and recoup debts, said Richard Weinstein, the attorney representing Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber.
Attorneys are now sparring over safe deposit box shared by Fotis and his ex-girlfriend Michelle Troconis. Weinstein argues that the box contained gifts given to the Dulos children for their christening, including gold coins, multiple watches and a ring.
·Attorney Jon Schoenhorn, who represents Troconis, said he doesn’t object to the Weinstein’s claim.

Attorneys are now sparring over items left at Fotis’ properties. Schoenhorn claims his client has not been able to retrieve items, including her child’s toys, from the home at 4 Jefferson Crossing.
There are two pieces of furniture, valued at about $800, in particular that are being contested. Troconis claims the items were a gift to her, but Hug said it is “nearly impossible” to get to the bottom of these disputes

@davealtimari

The Dulos probate court hearing has seven different attorneys at least. This is going end up rivaling the divorce case when it comes to attorneys fees. This time most of it is coming out of the remains of Fotis Dulos estate.
·
Several of Dulos properties have now been foreclosed on, Mountain Spring Road is already for sale and 4 Jefferson Crossing where Dulos tried to kill himself will soon be on the market.
One of items in safety deposit box is a Tiffany ring that likely belonged to Jennifer, also three watches for the the couples three sons. Gold coins were supposedly birthday presents for the children.

Apparently people will soon be able to purchase Fotis Dulos property at an online auction. Unclear what items that will be but estate has hired Nadeau Auction Gallery to sell it.
STUFF...She wants more stuff and toys. (I saw on an IG post the toys she donated". Wonder what "kind of toys" ;) she's looking to retrieve now. Maybe she wants the Tiffany ring, I would bet my life on it. I wasn't aware of the box between the two, unless I missed that. So who's box was emptied prior to his death? His or theirs? This just gets more and more unreal.

Now is the time for them to really start pushing to find the body and secure those warrants.

I’m sure that it’s not in pieces if the lead detective says he’s confident that she will be found.

UPDATE

10/23/2020

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number FST CR200241179T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 11/30/2020. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

Meanwhile, the five Dulos children "are doing great," Weinstein said. "They really are doing wonderful, and thank God for Jennifer's friends, because they've just been tremendous."
Jennifer Dulos' family wants her declared dead to bring 'closure,' attorney says

Thanks for finding this article. The mention of the children and GF reading all the news articles is poignant. It is time for some closure.

Farber and the children "really want closure," Farber's attorney, Richard Weinstein, told ABC News on Friday. "The kids read every article, Gloria reads every article. And it just opens up these wounds."

"We don't want to be dealing with this two and three years from now," he said. "We want the [Fotis] Dulos estate resolved and eventually we can open up her [Jennifer Dulos'] estate and get her estate resolved."

Yesterday I was wondering why a criminal defense attorney would be demanding that a Probate Judge hold an evidentiary hearing about evidence in the criminal case.

In my mind, declaring someone dead is much different than declaring that person a victim of murder.

I, too, question the presence of AS in probate court. What is his standing to be there?
Why? Just look at the media circus Michelle Troconis has created on social media. It's all about her, she is the victim here, IN HER MIND. Schoenhorn just blows wind on that fire to make her believe it's true, and threw his hat in the ring this time to shift the focus once again to Michelle Troconis. SHAMEFUL! MOO

Weinstein said the request for Jennifer Dulos to be declared dead has nothing to do with any ongoing criminal cases.

“This is just going to be an excuse for some media frenzy around the Troconis case,” Weinstein said.

Anne Dranginis one of the lawyers for Gloria Farber, argued that Schoenhorn “does not have standing” to be a part of the discussion regarding Jennifer Dulos.

Judge: More evidence needed on whether Jennifer Dulos is dead

Why? Just look at the media circus Michelle Troconis has created on social media. It's all about her, she is the victim here, IN HER MIND. Schoenhorn just blows wind on that fire to make her believe it's true, and threw his hat in the ring this time to shift the focus once again to Michelle Troconis. SHAMEFUL! MOO

Weinstein said the request for Jennifer Dulos to be declared dead has nothing to do with any ongoing criminal cases.

“This is just going to be an excuse for some media frenzy around the Troconis case,” Weinstein said.

Anne Dranginis one of the lawyers for Gloria Farber, argued that Schoenhorn “does not have standing” to be a part of the discussion regarding Jennifer Dulos.

Judge: More evidence needed on whether Jennifer Dulos is dead
Here's an excerpt from Wiki on the CT woodchipper murder of Helie Crafts a number of years ago. In that case the victim's body was not found, but the ME issued a death certificate (on her dental crown found at the alleged murder scene).

"A prosecution for homicide requires an official determination of the death of the alleged victim; typically this is done by identification of a body – which was not available in this case. With the help of a forensic dentist, the tooth crown found on the water's edge was positively matched to Helle's dental records. On this evidence, the Connecticut State Medical Examiner's Office issued a death certificate on 13 January 1987; Richard was immediately arrested. In preparation for trial, state medical examiner H. Wayne Carver obtained a pig carcass that was fed through a woodchipper. The shape of, and marks on, the pig's bone chips after this process were similar to the shape of Helle's bone fragments, strengthening the hypothesis that Richard had used a woodchipper to dispose of his wife's body.[3]

Richard Crafts' murder trial began in May 1988 in New London, where it was moved due to extensive local publicity, and ended in July with a hung jury when a single juror voted in favor of acquittal before walking out of deliberations and refusing to return. A second trial in Norwalk ended in a guilty verdict on 21 November 1989. Richard was sentenced to serve 50 years in prison.[2][4] Richard, as of January 2020, has been released from prison and is at a halfway house in New Haven.[5]"

Murder of Helle Crafts - Wikipedia

No death certificate was issued by the ME in the case of Jennifer Dulos.

Yesterday I was wondering why a criminal defense attorney would be demanding that a Probate Judge hold an evidentiary hearing about evidence in the criminal case.

In my mind, declaring someone dead is much different than declaring that person a victim of murder.

I, too, question the presence of AS in probate court. What is his standing to be there?
Abundance of caution or "belts and suspenders"--isn't that what they call it?
He may have in mind a defense based on the body never having been found and no death certificate issued. If a probate judge declared JFD dead, that may be prejudicial to the defense of MT. He couldn't appeal on that if he didn't oppose it in the probate court. MOO

Abundance of caution or "belts and suspenders"--isn't that what they call it?
He may have in mind a defense based on the body never having been found and no death certificate issued. If a probate judge declared JFD dead, that may be prejudicial to the defense of MT. He couldn't appeal on that if he didn't oppose it in the probate court. MOO

Thanks Pernickety...Makes sense...BUT....

I don't like it! :mad: Attorney S.'s voice, manner, and attitude are abrasive...IMO-MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257