Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I am very curious where FD's Jeep Cherokee went when it left 80 MS Rd at 2:24 and returned at 3:55 as well as who was in it (regardless of where anyone's cellphone was during that timeframe) and whether they had anything relevant to the crime with them, and if so, what did they do with it?

FD and MT seemed concerned about learning what PG's plans were for returning to the Farmington area before the Jeep departed for that trip. So, they did not want PG showing up at 80 MS Rd while the Jeep was gone. Was that because they were both away from 80 MS Rd during that time and they didn't want PG knowing they were both somewhere doing something together in the early to mid-afternoon on the day JFD disappeared?

Later, it seems apparent they did not want PG showing up at 80 MS Rd at all, so they delivered both cellphones to 4JC shortly before PG's anticipated arrival time in the hope PG would arrive at 4JC, call them and discover that both their phones were both there (while NONE of the vehicles were - not FD's Suburban, nor FD's Jeep, nor PG's Toyota), and concluding he was unable to reach them, just take the Raptor and go home. Odd not to have left at least the Jeep there at 4JC, so it would look like FD and MT were away together in the Suburban, water-skiing or whatever, and had left together from 4JC.

So, it seems like they did not want him to see ANY of the vehicles (not the Jeep, not the Suburban, and not the Toyota), which makes me wonder if all those vehicles were somehow involved in the crimes at one point or another that day. And, did they wait to inspect the Toyota until they returned from that trip in the Jeep and that is why the last minute delivery of the phones to 4JC? If that is so, that makes me wonder whether the Toyota was driven back from New Canaan by someone other than those two, say KM, and it contained bags of bloody evidence, but not the body (which might have been in another vehicle)? And they thought their final act before PG showed up would be to remove and hide those bloody bags of evidence, but when they did so, they discovered that the bags had spilled quite a bit of blood in the Toyota, so they didn't want PG to collect the Toyota at all - until they would have time over the weekend to clean it. All my own speculative questions and wondering at this point.

As for the "hula" against the side of the Toyota: that story came out of MT's mouth, so has no credibility IMO. Just as with the later admitted to be false story about having sex with FD in the shower that morning, it seems that when speaking to male police officers, MT thinks she can deflect attention and blow smoke to conceal other important events by explaining that she was having sex at the time. It's like a bird that fluffs its feathers to make itself look big as a defense mechanism; MT points out her supposed sexual endeavors and everyone hearing that is supposed to temporarily lose their minds, so be unable to remember how to think about what they were thinking about.

Excellent questions!

And I agree with your take on her bringing "hula" into everything. I think you're right, she uses it to distract, uses it almost to prove something, like she's all that.

That being said, it's just grotesque that, regarding a day Jennifer goes missing, MT wants law enforcement to be very aware how super-desireable-to-Fotis she is. Who inserts details like that? Fabricated super-sexy overshare? This isn't the Playboy mansion; it's a MURDER INVESTIGATION.

Tacky is as tacky does.

You can't fake class.

JMO

Interestingarticle/piece - but it does not make sense, Why did he have the Strip Ties with him if his only intention was to speak/argue confront ? And ... Why would he have driven his employee's car there (w/out the guy knowing) and had already made duplicate / false plates for the endeavor ..? The article is weak not thoughtful at all.

I wonder if he didn't have another actor, stationed somewhere between Welles and Wavenly, where a handoff was indeed made. Part of the initial kidnapping plan. He had zip ties. He abducts her from the garage, passes her off to McMystery accomplice. Fotis returns Tacoma, retrieved his phone, goes to "work".... where he meets up with his accomplice and begins to exact his monstrous revenge fantasy. THAT may have been the plan. But Jennifer fought back. Which necessitated improvisation. Time changed everything. Instead of minutes, Fotis was there for HOURS, attempting a clean up. Transporting his prey, deceased. Possibly the handoff still happened. Possibly he transported all the rags and bags and paper towels which leaked onto the Tacoma seats.... and the time spent continued to complicate matters for Fotis. The alibi was weakened.... the phones and cars were all in the wrong places longer than planned... react, react, react....

I don't think KM was at 4 JC at all that morning, only his phone, which MT was instructed to occupy. When to turn it on, where to take it. It's possible he was there, but point is, if he wasn't THERE, where was he? I think he was in deep.

Just how many bags did FD and MT dispose of along Albany Avenue? I submit to you that those were bags of evidence, cleaning supplies, and the like.

The question then remains, where is Jennifer?

His bike, I bet that was the early morning dumpster clanging.

Jennifer, I fear she's somewhere she can't be found. That was the whole point.

How does ONE person get THAT angry?

In the end, all there is is loss.

JMO

And - the article says something like 'maybe they argued and it escalated' ... AS IF ... -
it was likely that JF could barely get a word out in her garage where FD was NOT ALLOWED to be before he struck her (but if she had breath or a chance - she might have plead for mercy or she might have cursed him -seems like she did not have much opportunity for either.)

So IMOO this article/story is not well founded . It misses the premise that he was not allowed there -by Court Order. And his shifting cars, fake plates, plastic ties, body shave, bicycle, false alibi calls, burner phones ... No this was not an argument gone astray. Maybe I am missing something - and this article was sarcastic/ a parody ..?

Excellent questions!

And I agree with your take on her bringing "hula" into everything. I think you're right, she uses it to distract, uses it almost to prove something, like she's all that.

That being said, it's just grotesque that, regarding a day Jennifer goes missing, MT wants law enforcement to be very aware how super-desireable-to-Fotis she is. Who inserts details like that? Fabricated super-sexy overshare? This isn't the Playboy mansion; it's a MURDER INVESTIGATION.

Tacky is as tacky does.

You can't fake class.

JMO

I think MT’s focus on a regular basis, is her status as a sex object. It was her first “go to” when she was talking to the police. She uses it to collect the men who she lives off of-and to be honest, it has worked for her. No reason for her to think that it wouldn’t work with the police, too. She is used to dealing with shallow men who have no real responsibilities, aside from chasing whatever they fancy at that particular moment, but the police who questioned her did not appear to be charmed by the image, like she expected them to be. I think she may have been genuinely surprised that they did not take the bait.

The Mind of a Killer

"That was the end for Fotis. I was more interested in the beginning of the end, Jennifer’s last morning, when Fotis either woke in the master suite beside Michelle Troconis or didn’t, either had sex with Michelle Troconis in the shower or didn’t—such details have been offered and retracted during interrogations. Fotis was up before the sun, in the red pickup truck he’d borrowed from an employee, registering on surveillance cameras all the way from Farmington to New Canaan.

snip

Fotis parked the truck on the western side of Waveny, got out the fancy European bike he had in back, then pedaled to 69 Welles Lane, where Jennifer and their children lived. Retracing this route convinced me of something I never would have realized had I only read about the case. Fotis had to be waiting behind or near the house when Jennifer left that morning. There’s no way he could’ve timed his arrival to her absence.

snip

Fotis, who probably stashed his bike in back and hid in the woods, must have gone into action as soon as Jennifer pulled out with the kids. Busted in the back door, surveilled the kitchen for supplies, went to the garage. Five minutes. Eight minutes. He was waiting when she pulled back in, a figure emerging from the shadows—the sort of fright that takes your breath away.

snip

He lashed out, struck her, killed her, then
improvised a cleanup....

snip

Though the body has not been found, the forensic experts said that no one could lose the amount of blood found in the garage and live. "

I remain sad that, not only did Fotis take Jennifer's life, he polluted her life for years beforehand. Court filings and noncompliance. Cheating on her, cheating her out of her home, her money, and eventually her life.

Turns out, her instinct was sharp. She was right -- Fotis was dangerous and MT needed to stay the H away from her children.

It's agonizing to read all the filings and counter-filings.

Going forward, may there be an expanding awareness of domestic violence so that the patterns of abuse aren't perpetuated by the system.

JMO

The Mind of a Killer

"That was the end for Fotis. I was more interested in the beginning of the end, Jennifer’s last morning, when Fotis either woke in the master suite beside Michelle Troconis or didn’t, either had sex with Michelle Troconis in the shower or didn’t—such details have been offered and retracted during interrogations. Fotis was up before the sun, in the red pickup truck he’d borrowed from an employee, registering on surveillance cameras all the way from Farmington to New Canaan.

snip

Fotis parked the truck on the western side of Waveny, got out the fancy European bike he had in back, then pedaled to 69 Welles Lane, where Jennifer and their children lived. Retracing this route convinced me of something I never would have realized had I only read about the case. Fotis had to be waiting behind or near the house when Jennifer left that morning. There’s no way he could’ve timed his arrival to her absence.

snip

Fotis, who probably stashed his bike in back and hid in the woods, must have gone into action as soon as Jennifer pulled out with the kids. Busted in the back door, surveilled the kitchen for supplies, went to the garage. Five minutes. Eight minutes. He was waiting when she pulled back in, a figure emerging from the shadows—the sort of fright that takes your breath away.

snip

He lashed out, struck her, killed her, then
improvised a cleanup....

snip

Though the body has not been found, the forensic experts said that no one could lose the amount of blood found in the garage and live. "
Thank you for presenting the major parts for those of us that could not get through to the entire piece.

Regarding an argument that escalated...

Yeah, Fotis didn't go there to argue. You don't bring zip ties to a conversation.

JMO
Good point. I totally agree that this was not an argument that escalated; it was an ambush with a predetermined end.

Besides the zip ties, many other items later found in the Albany Ave receptacles into which FD dumped garbage bags while accompanied by MT the night of the day JFD disappeared also seem a tad excessive if FD's visit to Welles Lane that day was merely intended to involve an argument. We don't know exactly WHEN they were introduced to the crimes that day, but they most certainly appear to have been used in relation to them (and I do hope LE has discovered when they were purchased and by whom):
  • TWO clear plastic ponchos, one with hood (on which biological evidence was found, taken, and analyzed);
  • Multiple pairs of gloves, one pair likely worn over the other during violent criminal activity (as determined through analysis of location of biological material on each);
  • Large black contractor-type plastic bags duct-taped together to make one very large surface or full-size improvised plastic body bag (on which biological evidence and prints from multiple individuals other than the victim were found, taken, and analyzed); and
  • Allegedly, a knife (covered in blood and taken from Albany Ave garbage receptacle and subsequently resold by homeless individual who spoke with LE... the knife itself has not to my knowledge been recovered).
Whatever happened in the 69 Welles Lane garage that day - and when the remains were subsequently disposed of - was so monstrous that when FD appeared to have run out of potential escape routes, he took his own life and left his co-conspirators to face the consequences without him. That act was not just a simple, "I've run out of funds" act; it was "I'm going to be seen for what I am."

I remain sad that, not only did Fotis take Jennifer's life, he polluted her life for years beforehand. Court filings and noncompliance. Cheating on her, cheating her out of her home, her money, and eventually her life.

Turns out, her instinct was sharp. She was right -- Fotis was dangerous and MT needed to stay the H away from her children.

It's agonizing to read all the filings and counter-filings.

Going forward, may there be an expanding awareness of domestic violence so that the patterns of abuse aren't perpetuated by the system.

JMO

Amen to all your posts, especially the callout for more DV awareness. And, as I've read there have been many excellent recent posts.

IMO....LE has more to tell us about MT and KM's involvement in this tragedy.

I don't agree with the article's writer in the quote below. I do agree FD was not smart. He was operating as he always did--with a sense of entitlement and belief in his power to get things the way he wanted. FD was under extreme financial pressure. MT was angry that she would need to leave the house again for the children's visit. Maybe she even threatened to leave if they couldn't put an end to the court limitations. And, FD did not want anyone to look into his finances.

The AirMail article finished with the following:

So here’s the question: What did Fotis do with the body? Most theories have him driving Jennifer to a house he’d been working on in Farmington, cleaning the truck, tossing evidence and dumping Jennifer in the woods, in a septic tank or well nearby. Some believe he handed the body off to his friend and lawyer Kent Mawhinney, who ditched it in a forest way up north.

Or maybe he sank Jennifer to the bottom of a lake or river nearby—the tips keep coming, the search goes on. But such theories have Fotis driving beside Jennifer’s body—blood was found on the passenger seat of the truck; asked to explain the stains, Dulos told Troconis, according to Troconis, that he’d “spilled coffee”—for over an hour, which seems not only ghoulish but risky. The Merritt Parkway and I.

[...]
Having traced the circuit Fotis followed that day, I am convinced he dumped the body in or near New Canaan, close to the crime scene, perhaps as close as the vacant lot at the end of Welles Lane. The drive from Farmington to New Canaan must have felt like a cross-country trip—a trip between regions, between lives.

One can only imagine what it would have felt like with the body of his children’s mother at his side. Fotis was not stupid, but, as I’ve said, he was not smart. He was a weak and simple person who probably did the job in the easiest way possible, meaning that Jennifer’s body, if it’s ever found, will be found in a place so obvious you can’t even see it.

The Mind of a Killer

I wonder if he didn't have another actor, stationed somewhere between Welles and Wavenly, where a handoff was indeed made. Part of the initial kidnapping plan. He had zip ties. He abducts her from the garage, passes her off to McMystery accomplice. Fotis returns Tacoma, retrieved his phone, goes to "work".... where he meets up with his accomplice and begins to exact his monstrous revenge fantasy. THAT may have been the plan. But Jennifer fought back. Which necessitated improvisation. Time changed everything. Instead of minutes, Fotis was there for HOURS, attempting a clean up. Transporting his prey, deceased. Possibly the handoff still happened. Possibly he transported all the rags and bags and paper towels which leaked onto the Tacoma seats.... and the time spent continued to complicate matters for Fotis. The alibi was weakened.... the phones and cars were all in the wrong places longer than planned... react, react, react....

I don't think KM was at 4 JC at all that morning, only his phone, which MT was instructed to occupy. When to turn it on, where to take it. It's possible he was there, but point is, if he wasn't THERE, where was he? I think he was in deep.

Just how many bags did FD and MT dispose of along Albany Avenue? I submit to you that those were bags of evidence, cleaning supplies, and the like.

JMO
BBM. I have turned this question over and over in my mind and on paper and I know LE and many here have done so as well. I so much want JFD's family to have her remains returned and properly treated, with the dignity and respect they all deserve.

There are so many possibilities - given the local territory all the way from New Canaan to Farmington and Avon, the many private properties and adjacent lands the co-conspirators had access to, and even the potential for packaging and moving her remains with the help of and to associates overseas. LE have searched a number of the possibilities and have attempted tracking of the co-conspirators' movements to narrow the possibilities, but to date have found nothing except items that were at one time on or near her remains (AFAIK).

I doubt MT would ever contribute toward a resolution that would bring JFD's remains home to her family. I hope with all my heart that KM can find the humanity within himself to do so.

Good point. I totally agree that this was not an argument that escalated; it was an ambush with a predetermined end.

Besides the zip ties, many other items later found in the Albany Ave receptacles into which FD dumped garbage bags while accompanied by MT the night of the day JFD disappeared also seem a tad excessive if FD's visit to Welles Lane that day was merely intended to involve an argument. We don't know exactly WHEN they were introduced to the crimes that day, but they most certainly appear to have been used in relation to them (and I do hope LE has discovered when they were purchased and by whom):
  • TWO clear plastic ponchos, one with hood (on which biological evidence was found, taken, and analyzed);
  • Multiple pairs of gloves, one pair likely worn over the other during violent criminal activity (as determined through analysis of location of biological material on each);
  • Large black contractor-type plastic bags duct-taped together to make one very large surface or full-size improvised plastic body bag (on which biological evidence and prints from multiple individuals other than the victim were found, taken, and analyzed); and
  • Allegedly, a knife (covered in blood and taken from Albany Ave garbage receptacle and subsequently resold by homeless individual who spoke with LE... the knife itself has not to my knowledge been recovered).
Whatever happened in the 69 Welles Lane garage that day - and when the remains were subsequently disposed of - was so monstrous that when FD appeared to have run out of potential escape routes, he took his own life and left his co-conspirators to face the consequences without him. That act was not just a simple, "I've run out of funds" act; it was "I'm going to be seen for what I am."

This is exactly what I think happened, and why I think he killed himself. Not because he was out of money, but because he knew that they knew what he did and how he did it.

This is exactly what I think happened, and why I think he killed himself. Not because he was out of money, but because he knew that they knew what he did and how he did it.

And, he lost. Jennifer and LE beat him at his own game.

His FORE Group 'house of cards' collapsed
His trophy children, Mini-Me water ski champions were out of reach
His income stream/cash cow stopped flowing

We see him as a loser -- he could not & would not admit to or accept losing in any contest.

He permanently left the game instead.

Left Michi & KM holding multiple 'bags.'

Left his children orphaned!

jmho ymmv lrr

And, he lost. Jennifer and LE beat him at his own game.

His FORE Group 'house of cards' collapsed
His trophy children, Mini-Me water ski champions were out of reach
His income stream/cash cow stopped flowing

We see him as a loser -- he could not & would not admit to or accept losing in any contest.

He permanently left the game instead.

Left Michi & KM holding multiple 'bags.'

Left his children orphaned!

jmho ymmv lrr
Left a note full of lies and arrogant commands beyond his authority as his final communication.

It might have served as his final con were it not so obviously dishonest and self-serving in nearly every word.

And - the article says something like 'maybe they argued and it escalated' ... AS IF ... -
it was likely that JF could barely get a word out in her garage where FD was NOT ALLOWED to be before he struck her (but if she had breath or a chance - she might have plead for mercy or she might have cursed him -seems like she did not have much opportunity for either.)

So IMOO this article/story is not well founded . It misses the premise that he was not allowed there -by Court Order. And his shifting cars, fake plates, plastic ties, body shave, bicycle, false alibi calls, burner phones ... No this was not an argument gone astray. Maybe I am missing something - and this article was sarcastic/ a parody ..?

JMO
I totally agree with your theory here.

@LtFoley
Pic 1: Seconds before one of the most memorable images of 2020 Pic 2: Forever iconic image of the great work of the Connecticut State Police. @CT_STATE_POLICE Always Contact @CTCADV for ways to help prevent Domestic Violence.
@mrskurantowicz
And I know you couldn’t ask for two better
@CT_STATE_POLICE
on the job. If you or someone you know needs to talk with an advocate about domestic violence you can call, text, chat, email 888-774-2900 or safeconnect@ctcadv.org 24/7 - 365
ErYmRBdXAAEGLrl

ErYmRBVXEAI9dGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members