Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lest we forget, part of the Albany Ave spree was off camera. Don't recall how long but down a block or two.
How many garbage cans did they hit? Was it incinerated at the landfill? I think so. Problem is LE found nothing, despite their valiant effort. Heartbreaking. MOO.
They found no body, but did find DNA.
MOO the blood pattern evidence showing a weapon impact assault in JD garage would be accepted by a jury.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...-charges-be-dismissed-in-jennifer-dulos-case/

Jan 22, 2021

Jon L. Schoenhorn, the attorney for Connecticut criminal defendant Michelle Troconis, filed motions on Tuesday claiming the state withheld exculpatory evidence, demanding that charges be dropped, arguing certain charges were based on false information in an affidavit, and asserting that certain conditions of Troconis’s release shoulder be removed.

docs available at Law&Crime link above..

I was going to make joke that they didn't use his proper name, but then I clicked the link and the first words I saw were "Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel." :confused:

What all was in those trash bags?

We know it was multiple bags because they were visible on CCTV. Clean up materials from Welles, of course. Trash bags FROM Welles. Ten rolls worth of soiled paper towels. Items of clothing, some we know about, maybe more. A camping pillow. That's one trash bag. What else? More trash bags. From MT. More cleaning supplies, sponges and such. That's not even a full second bag. What else was he throwing away?????

Of course we don't know how many bags were recovered or whether anything of value was recovered from the landfill.... we don't even know what else was in the bag which contained Jennifer's shirt. But LE does. Other clothes? Fotis Dulos' clothes? General construction debris? 90% sticks and stones, 10% evidence he wanted to rid himself of?

He must've thought his plan was clever and foolproof. Multiple disposal sites, far enough from home.

I'm beginning to wonder, since Dulos checked himself out and his accomplices are perhaps positioned to plead out, if this tragic case will never see the inside of a trial. There are two people who have to really really really NOT WANT their dirty involvement lain bare.

Whichever way it happens, I hope sentencing is heavy and unforgiving.

They deserve it. Full heavy, full unforgiving.

MT whining that she can't ski.... yeah, well, neither can a Jennifer.

Hoping the searches at 80 MS yield significant results and soon.

JMO
And the zip ties.

What all was in those trash bags?

We know it was multiple bags because they were visible on CCTV. Clean up materials from Welles, of course. Trash bags FROM Welles. Ten rolls worth of soiled paper towels. Items of clothing, some we know about, maybe more. A camping pillow. That's one trash bag. What else? More trash bags. From MT. More cleaning supplies, sponges and such. That's not even a full second bag. What else was he throwing away?????

Of course we don't know how many bags were recovered or whether anything of value was recovered from the landfill.... we don't even know what else was in the bag which contained Jennifer's shirt. But LE does. Other clothes? Fotis Dulos' clothes? General construction debris? 90% sticks and stones, 10% evidence he wanted to rid himself of?

He must've thought his plan was clever and foolproof. Multiple disposal sites, far enough from home.

I'm beginning to wonder, since Dulos checked himself out and his accomplices are perhaps positioned to plead out, if this tragic case will never see the inside of a trial. There are two people who have to really really really NOT WANT their dirty involvement lain bare.

Whichever way it happens, I hope sentencing is heavy and unforgiving.

They deserve it. Full heavy, full unforgiving.

MT whining that she can't ski.... yeah, well, neither can a Jennifer.

Hoping the searches at 80 MS yield significant results and soon.

JMO
And the zip ties.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Back in August when the lawsuits were filed against NP re the FD retainer, this media outlet, “Your Content News” reported that Atty John Williams, NP’s lawyer (and former partner) said it would reveal new info re Dulos case. So if NP has new info re case, not subject to atty/client privilege, maybe prosecution should call him as a witness?

“The attorney representing Jennifer Dulos’ father’s estate filed the a lawsuit suit against attorney Norm Pattis demanding that he give the estate the remainder of the $250,000 retainer Dulos paid due to his premature death, and the lawyer representing Pattis’ firm told Your Content the lawsuit will reveal new information surrounding the case of the missing Connecticut mom.”

Lawyer for Norm Pattis Says Lawsuit Will Reveal New Details in Case of Missing Mom

BTW, a remote hearing in the cases brought v. Pattis by Hug and Weinstein seems to have gone ahead yesterday, per civil case detail, resulting in only another scheduled remote hearing for 2/11/21. Wonder if there would be a record of the hearing—audio or transcript. Tho’ maybe not if settlement is discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the zip ties.

Back in August when the lawsuits were filed against NP re the FD retainer, this media outlet, “Your Content News” reported that Atty John Williams, NP’s lawyer (and former partner) said it would reveal new info re Dulos case. So if NP has new info re case, not subject to atty/client privilege, maybe prosecution should call him as a witness?

“The attorney representing Jennifer Dulos’ father’s estate filed the a lawsuit suit against attorney Norm Pattis demanding that he give the estate the remainder of the $250,000 retainer Dulos paid due to his premature death, and the lawyer representing Pattis’ firm told Your Content the lawsuit will reveal new information surrounding the case of the missing Connecticut mom.”

Lawyer for Norm Pattis Says Lawsuit Will Reveal New Details in Case of Missing Mom

BTW, a remote hearing in the cases brought v. Pattis by Hug and Weinstein seems to have gone ahead yesterday, per civil case detail, resulting in only another scheduled remote hearing for 2/11/21. Wonder if there would be a record of the hearing—audio or transcript. Tho’ maybe not if settlement is discussed.

Thanks for the update Pernickety. I was thinking about that issue yesterday and didn't look up the dates!

In the article posted, I saw a anonymous quote that said Weinstein is called a "yardbarker" by other attorneys.....really? IMO, the press had a very difficult time getting an interview with Attorney W. SMH...as usual at this case.

Thanks for the update Pernickety. I was thinking about that issue yesterday and didn't look up the dates!

In the article posted, I saw a anonymous quote that said Weinstein is called a "yardbarker" by other attorneys.....really? IMO, the press had a very difficult time getting an interview with Attorney W. SMH...as usual at this case.

Wow-Weinstein appears to be anything BUT a “yardbarker”. You know who’s a yard barker? Jon Schenhorn. You know who else is one? Norm Pattis.

• Why did they have their phones for the evidence bag dump on rt 44/Albany:

I think he was feeling pretty much that he was home free. Even feeling exhilarated

After a day that had a lot of challenges – think of it – any number of things could have gone wrong ( a friend of Jennifer’s stopping by Welles to drop off something for Jennifer or the kids, during the attack; a neighbor out for a walk on the street as he pulls out in the suburban on to Welles; his employees not so reliable truck malfunctioning/breaking down with the body and bloody bag in it on his journey afterwards etc etc )

But here he was in his Raptor with MT – all cleaned up after a day where he had finally eliminated his problem. He was on an evening drive – he never expected that his bag dumping was going to be picked up on camera so why worry about the phones. He was miles away from the crime scene and probably still in a 10 mile ish radius of his house. Why not have his phone? So many ways he could explain this drive away, and his kids or the nanny might call. And tomorrow he would pick up the kids.

• He was smart/he was dumb : I sense he was probably of above average intelligence but no murderer thinks of everything and you cannot prepare for every contingency – “luck” really enters the equation. His acceptance to Brown could also have been to meet a quota of international students. A kid from Greece of Turkish descent – he would check that box. So many things we cannot know about his admission. One thing I have no doubt about though, he always considered himself to be the smartest person in the room. But really education and college degrees have not much to do with murder I suspect

As an aside, I am wondering when he actually got his citizenship? I have been here from the jump and cannot remember that. Was that what the first wife was all about?

I am intimately familiar with her neighborhood, New Canaan and Waveny as well as really familiar with the routes and drive to Fotis’ area and the surrounding environment. Looking for her body is truly like finding a needle in a haystack - finding the body will be a stroke of luck, unless some one knows where she is and shares that info - but I have hope that it will happen

All the above IMHO

I could be mistaken, but the zip ties DID have DNA on them I believe. I also keep coming back to the evidence found in the bags, because they do tell a story, I'm just not sure what that story is. I can't think of reasons for removing all of those items outside of dismemberment, and I really really REALLY want to think of another viable theory.

The January 2020 arrest warrant says the zip ties did have JFD's DNA on them.

I originally thought the t-shirt and bra (and IIRC some news reports of a borrowed ax) suggested dismemberment, but if and until more definitive evidence indicating that is found, I have set that possibility aside. I do wonder whether the "woodlike fragment" found in the search of JFD's Suburban matched the reportedly borrowed ax as that could indicate the ax was used in the initial attack upon JFD.

We've discussed here before that the presence of the clothing items could indicate there was a plan to bury JFD's remains and put substances in contact with her bare body to promote decomposition or deter discovery by animals. That theory aligned with the fact that bags of lime and a tarp had been reportedly seen in a grate-covered grave-sized-hole that had been discovered and later reported on the grounds of a private shooting or hunting club to which KM had gained access. When investigated after JFD's disappearance, no body was found there, but maybe the conspirators kept that plan but moved locations after realizing their original hole had been discovered by someone and tampered with (the club members who had found that hole had uncovered the leaves and debris that were concealing it so that someone wouldn't trip over it and get hurt).

It's also possible the reason the t-shirt and bra were taken off JFD's body was because FD feared his own blood could be on those particular items. Remember, he did cut himself in some way while he was at 69 Welles Lane. According to the arrest warrant, some of his blood was found on the kitchen faucet there, and perhaps the cupboard door below.

Many posts (40+) have been removed due to discussion of an original post that was basically generalized bashing of LE and conjecture with no supporting information/facts.

Websleuths is fact based and primarily pro-LE. We rely on facts as we know them via approved sources (MSM articles, LE reports, public documents, scholarly articles).

Generalized bashing of law enforcement is not allowed at Websleuths. Please don't make accusations against LE or anyone based on nothing but conjecture or wild speculation.

IOW, we wouldn't allow accusations against a neighbor just because they live next door and could have done such and such. We don't allow accusations against LE just because they could have done such and such while they were there just doing their job.

The only exception in this regard would be, if throughout the judicial process a defence lawyer was to introduce the possibility of impropriety by LE, then it could be up for discussion.

Also, new members need to know, and veteran members need to remember to please post respectfully at all times without bickering, name calling, or personalizing toward other members. Address the post and not the poster.

Hope that clarifies. Any questions, please use the Report feature or private message a Mod or Admin to ask.

Thanks.

Thread is open again.

Last edited:
Thank you for this! It's been a while since I reviewed that list.

So there was DNA on the zip ties, but it was just JFD's.

It's interesting to read this again after all of the speculation for months and months. For instance, the ponchos don't list DNA from FD or MT, just JFD. The pieces of black bag with "red/brown stains" only reference FD's fingerprints, not JFD's DNA. Were those things not present? Or not included for a specific reason?

Also, looking at this list, it's horrible to think of how much evidence they DIDN'T recover. IIRC, they recovered (3) bags, and the vehicle made ~(30) stops. Assuming one of those stops was the license plates and one was the mat, that's still 26 potential stops where no evidence was recovered.

ETA: Apparently the evidence list was deleted. My response here has nothing to do with the deleted posts; it's about what the evidence tells us about what could've possibly happened to JFD.

Thank you for this! It's been a while since I reviewed that list.

So there was DNA on the zip ties, but it was just JFD's.

It's interesting to read this again after all of the speculation for months and months. For instance, the ponchos don't list DNA from FD or MT, just JFD. The pieces of black bag with "red/brown stains" only reference FD's fingerprints, not JFD's DNA. Were those things not present? Or not included for a specific reason?

Also, looking at this list, it's horrible to think of how much evidence they DIDN'T recover. IIRC, they recovered (3) bags, and the vehicle made ~(30) stops. Assuming one of those stops was the license plates and one was the mat, that's still 26 potential stops where no evidence was recovered.

ETA: Apparently the evidence list was deleted. My response here has nothing to do with the deleted posts; it's about what the evidence tells us about what could've possibly happened to JFD.

I'll repost the screenshot...forgot to include the link to the arrest warrant:

DNA Evidence.PNG
Read the Fotis Dulos Arrest Warrant

"And there were NOT 30 stops along Albany....somehow, somewhere that was misreported on a warrant.
nvestigators said Fotis Dulos' cellphone data points later led them to Albany Avenue, where Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo now says Fotis made six stops, not 30 stops as originally alleged in the initial arrest warrant, dropping off trash bags with items that contained Jennifer’s blood."

Dulos Investigators One Year Later: ‘Our Closure is Finding Jennifer'

I'll repost the screenshot...forgot to include the link to the arrest warrant:

View attachment 280611

"And there were NOT 30 stops along Albany....somehow, somewhere that was misreported on a warrant.
nvestigators said Fotis Dulos' cellphone data points later led them to Albany Avenue, where Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo now says Fotis made six stops, not 30 stops as originally alleged in the initial arrest warrant, dropping off trash bags with items that contained Jennifer’s blood."

Dulos Investigators One Year Later: ‘Our Closure is Finding Jennifer'
Ohhh, that is important information I missed! Thank you! So hypothetically, they didn't miss as much evidence as I initially thought (hopefully).

Ohhh, that is important information I missed! Thank you! So hypothetically, they didn't miss as much evidence as I initially thought (hopefully).

The did miss quite a bit of the evidence because the truck bed had several bags when it turned off Albany (and just a one it returned.)

It's in the arrest warrant on pages 6 (not in screen shot) and 7 (partially shown):
upload_2021-1-22_14-29-22.png

You're right about that.
I meant I don't think they found anything in the landfill.
Remember that?
All those men, in the blistering heat for 3 long weeks?
MOO.
Here is an excellent timeline article from the Hartford Courant.
The police were called at 7pm 5/24 almost the exact time FD and MT were in Hartford dispersing trash and the license plate.
The New Canaan police got got surveillance Hartford police and were searching Hartford street trashes by 5/31.

Timeline: The key moments in the Jennifer Farber Dulos case, from her disappearance to Fotis Dulos’ death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member