Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Why did they have their phones for the evidence bag dump on rt 44/Albany:
I think he was feeling pretty much that he was home free. Even feeling exhilarated

After a day that had a lot of challenges – think of it – any number of things could have gone wrong ( a friend of Jennifer’s stopping by Welles to drop off something for Jennifer or the kids, during the attack; a neighbor out for a walk on the street as he pulls out in the suburban on to Welles; his employees not so reliable truck malfunctioning/breaking down with the body and bloody bag in it on his journey afterwards etc etc )

But here he was in his Raptor with MT – all cleaned up after a day where he had finally eliminated his problem. He was on an evening drive – he never expected that his bag dumping was going to be picked up on camera so why worry about the phones. He was miles away from the crime scene and probably still in a 10 mile ish radius of his house. Why not have his phone? So many ways he could explain this drive away, and his kids or the nanny might call. And tomorrow he would pick up the kids.

• He was smart/he was dumb : I sense he was probably of above average intelligence but no murderer thinks of everything and you cannot prepare for every contingency – “luck” really enters the equation. His acceptance to Brown could also have been to meet a quota of international students. A kid from Greece of Turkish descent – he would check that box. So many things we cannot know about his admission. One thing I have no doubt about though, he always considered himself to be the smartest person in the room. But really education and college degrees have not much to do with murder I suspect

As an aside, I am wondering when he actually got his citizenship? I have been here from the jump and cannot remember that. Was that what the first wife was all about?

I am intimately familiar with her neighborhood, New Canaan and Waveny as well as really familiar with the routes and drive to Fotis’ area and the surrounding environment. Looking for her body is truly like finding a needle in a haystack - finding the body will be a stroke of luck, unless some one knows where she is and shares that info - but I have hope that it will happen

All the above IMHO

Didn't worry about phones because they were "going to Starbucks" and didn't know about the CTV on the streets.

Thank you for this! It's been a while since I reviewed that list.

So there was DNA on the zip ties, but it was just JFD's.

It's interesting to read this again after all of the speculation for months and months. For instance, the ponchos don't list DNA from FD or MT, just JFD. The pieces of black bag with "red/brown stains" only reference FD's fingerprints, not JFD's DNA. Were those things not present? Or not included for a specific reason?

Also, looking at this list, it's horrible to think of how much evidence they DIDN'T recover. IIRC, they recovered (3) bags, and the vehicle made ~(30) stops. Assuming one of those stops was the license plates and one was the mat, that's still 26 potential stops where no evidence was recovered.

ETA: Apparently the evidence list was deleted. My response here has nothing to do with the deleted posts; it's about what the evidence tells us about what could've possibly happened to JFD.

There were also some black gardening gloves with FD DNA inside and JFD DNA on the outside.

I too agree that something went seriously wrong at Welles. My thought has always been that he meant to incapacitate her, perhaps by hitting her in the head with something, but he may have severely underestimated/overestimated what would happen. Hence a LOT of blood he hadn't planned to clean up. Why else would he use items from Welles to clean? Rolls and rolls of paper towels, he went in the house to use the sink, supposedly visible stains in the garage/spatter. If he meant to kill her there and THEN disappear her, he would've chosen a less bloody way to go about it.

I'm not sure where JFD's body is. Sometimes I lean towards dismemberment, sometimes I think she is buried in the middle of nowhere, where a random hiker will find her years from now. The amount of time spent at 80MS the day she went missing is significant though. There really wasn't any other time to dispose of the body, unless he did it the next morning before he met with LE, which is probably too risky. He would want to be done with it ASAP since his plan already went awry. That makes it likely that the body is at least NEAR 80MS, especially since LE are suddenly back going through the property much more thoroughly than before - they suddenly have a reason to spend all of these resources at that very specific site.

Is this the same meeting with police he was 3 hours late to?

Thanks for the update Pernickety. I was thinking about that issue yesterday and didn't look up the dates!

In the article posted, I saw a anonymous quote that said Weinstein is called a "yardbarker" by other attorneys.....really? IMO, the press had a very difficult time getting an interview with Attorney W. SMH...as usual at this case.
I didn't see "yardbarker". I did see "street preacher" (unattributed). I guessed that came from "Pattisville", as Afitzy would call it. NP's representing YC media in lawsuit against city of Philly for not allowing them to cover vote count. He also plants some of his essays on their site. So YC is hardly impartial in its reporting on NP.

Many posts (40+) have been removed due to discussion of an original post that was basically generalized bashing of LE and conjecture with no supporting information/facts.

Websleuths is fact based and primarily pro-LE. We rely on facts as we know them via approved sources (MSM articles, LE reports, public documents, scholarly articles).

Generalized bashing of law enforcement is not allowed at Websleuths. Please don't make accusations against LE or anyone based on nothing but conjecture or wild speculation.

IOW, we wouldn't allow accusations against a neighbor just because they live next door and could have done such and such. We don't allow accusations against LE just because they could have done such and such while they were there just doing their job.

The only exception in this regard would be, if throughout the judicial process a defence lawyer was to introduce the possibility of impropriety by LE, then it could be up for discussion.

Also, new members need to know, and veteran members need to remember to please post respectfully at all times without bickering, name calling, or personalizing toward other members. Address the post and not the poster.

Hope that clarifies. Any questions, please use the Report feature or private message a Mod or Admin to ask.

Thanks.

Thread is open again.

Thank you, Sillybilly-I wanted to tell the poster that, but it wasn’t my place. Sorry I quarreled with them, though

Wow-Weinstein appears to be anything BUT a “yardbarker”. You know who’s a yard barker? Jon Schenhorn. You know who else is one? Norm Pattis.
Lawyer for Norm Pattis Says Lawsuit Will Reveal New Details in Case of Missing Mom
Personally I lean more towards carnival barker for those two.
Weinstein certainly did bite with some effective teeth in the civil trial. Cry foul all you want NP, but FDs forged checks and faked documents didn’t slip by.
Weinstein as street preacher? Was that why Norm was shaking his head at trial and holding it in his hands as Weinstein took down FD and produced evidence that the MT tryst on the Farber expense account began years earlier than he had said? Prayer to the heavens or revelation laid bare?
The beginning of the end, less than a month later FD didn’t even have fakery at his disposal, just a rigged tailpipe. And now MT keeps the sideshow running in the absence of its ringmaster.
Morbid carnival indeed.
MOO (as always).

So.......few things........

I don't see dismemberment as a feasible way to deal with a body when you are short on time. It's messy for one, where would he take a body to dismember that a big mess would be unnoticed? I live in the Farmington Valley, once I thought I was alone because I didn't see anyone and I threw something in the Farmington River and someone yelled out a window at me. There is always someone around, even if you think you are alone. Lots of people around here, lots of cameras.
And what practical purpose would taking the time out to dismember someone serve? I'm no dismemberment expert, but I bet for someone who wasn't a butcher or a hunter or surgeon, it would be hard and time consuming.

Also, just speculating from a personal opinion, but if I had a body to dispose of, I would not want it to be found in a place that would be automatically associated with me. You have to remember, FD was thinking at this point he was going to get away with it. Being not dumb but also not smart, he surely could piece together that he would be scrutinized and any property of his would be possibly/probably searched. Given that the body has not been stumbled across by a hiker or some other civilian going about their business, my guess would be that he had scouted out in advance some unpopular wooded area within a short distance of Welles Lane, not a place where the public would go. Dug a grave, dropped her in.

I am very interested in how the upcoming trials are going to play out. Hoping that some of the lingering questions will be answered.
I wonder if anyone will write a tell all book, some insider. There is so much speculation and some of the speculation is based on speculation, so the speculation is getting really wild.

As per dismemberment; discussed many threads back, if the body was in the back of the Tacoma bed, under a tarp, under the bike (photo from warrant is grainy but there was an enhanced image in the early threads where something lumpy could be seen under the bike wheel), then rigor mortis could have been really setting in by the arrival back at 80MS (heat from black plastic +sun would have really sped it up). Rigor mortis could have prompted need for dismemberment.
I believe that if he drove the 1.5 hrs back to Farmington with the body in the front seat, there would have been far more blood on the front seat than they found. It would have been immediately obvious to the eye and taken more than paper towels to remove. If that much blood had been spilled in the Welles garage, such an injured body lying on a porous surface for 1.5 hours much more would have seeped out (also other fluid drainage, apologies for the graphics). Remember the weathertec liner, too, that must have been in the bed of the Tacoma, so I am thinking that’s where her body was on the trip but either way by the time he and Michi had their lunch and prepped for phase 2, rigor mortis could have compounded their task.

Where might he have done this gruesome act away from watchful eyes?
MT said FD went into the basement at 80MS while she was cleaning windows upstairs. Any of the luxury bathrooms in the unoccupied 80MS
(8 to choose from, 5 with full baths and walk-in showers) lined with tarps or ponchos could have been an obvious out-of-the-way that could have required the Clorox and cleaning supplies MT was summoned for. No neighbors windows for miles to see.

I had early on considered disposal in the remote area around Silver Spring Rd. @afitzy clocked the RT from Lapham pullout at 38 minutes I believe so he could have been there and back in time to get on the Merritt at 11:07.
FD was caught crossing the state line back there shortly after his release from the first arrest in June 2019. It’s completely remote, would not be associated with FD, and his excuse that Waze directed him there to avoid traffic is extremely hard to believe, some segments are only 1 lane, it’s unpaved in parts, and there are multiple quicker ways to cut up to 84 from NC. Moreover much of the land is owned by the water company, so it’s not somewhere people would stumble over something hiking, bikers use it and people looking for remote place to do illicit things. There are some houses back there but long stretches that are remote and unoccupied.
I had pretty much dissuaded myself that she’s back there though, based on the facts presented and swayed by Colangelo’s hinting that “FD owned a lot of land around Farmington” and repeated digging and searches up there, with virtually no activity in FFC after the first few weeks of the case more than a year and a half ago. (Of course they could have snuck in to do a search along SS Rd without catching attention if they were discreet, it’s that off the beaten path.) I still wonder what FD was doing back there so soon after his release though.

Thanks for the opportunity to dredge up some of these thoughts. While we wait for movement (3 hours of KM interview with LE- what’s the juicy details in there that has MT abandoning her IG PR campaign and JS filing blanks in desperation?) it’s always good to revisit and ruminate.

MOO.

Screen Shot sue2 01-23-21 09-03-38.downloads.PNG
As per dismemberment; discussed many threads back, if the body was in the back of the Tacoma bed, under a tarp, under the bike (photo from warrant is grainy but there was an enhanced image in the early threads where something lumpy could be seen under the bike wheel), then rigor mortis could have been really setting in by the arrival back at 80MS (heat from black plastic +sun would have really sped it up). Rigor mortis could have prompted need for dismemberment.
I believe that if he drove the 1.5 hrs back to Farmington with the body in the front seat, there would have been far more blood on the front seat than they found. It would have been immediately obvious to the eye and taken more than paper towels to remove. If that much blood had been spilled in the Welles garage, such an injured body lying on a porous surface for 1.5 hours much more would have seeped out (also other fluid drainage, apologies for the graphics). Remember the weathertec liner, too, that must have been in the bed of the Tacoma, so I am thinking that’s where her body was on the trip but either way by the time he and Michi had their lunch and prepped for phase 2, rigor mortis could have compounded their task.

Where might he have done this gruesome act away from watchful eyes?
MT said FD went into the basement at 80MS while she was cleaning windows upstairs. Any of the luxury bathrooms in the unoccupied 80MS
(8 to choose from, 5 with full baths and walk-in showers) lined with tarps or ponchos could have been an obvious out-of-the-way that could have required the Clorox and cleaning supplies MT was summoned for. No neighbors windows for miles to see.

I had early on considered disposal in the remote area around Silver Spring Rd. @afitzy clocked the RT from Lapham pullout at 38 minutes I believe so he could have been there and back in time to get on the Merritt at 11:07.
FD was caught crossing the state line back there shortly after his release from the first arrest in June 2019. It’s completely remote, would not be associated with FD, and his excuse that Waze directed him there to avoid traffic is extremely hard to believe, some segments are only 1 lane, it’s unpaved in parts, and there are multiple quicker ways to cut up to 84 from NC. Moreover much of the land is owned by the water company, so it’s not somewhere people would stumble over something hiking, bikers use it and people looking for remote place to do illicit things. There are some houses back there but long stretches that are remote and unoccupied.
I had pretty much dissuaded myself that she’s back there though, based on the facts presented and swayed by Colangelo’s hinting that “FD owned a lot of land around Farmington” and repeated digging and searches up there, with virtually no activity in FFC after the first few weeks of the case more than a year and a half ago. (Of course they could have snuck in to do a search along SS Rd without catching attention if they were discreet, it’s that off the beaten path.) I still wonder what FD was doing back there so soon after his release though.

Thanks for the opportunity to dredge up some of these thoughts. While we wait for movement (3 hours of KM interview with LE- what’s the juicy details in there that has MT abandoning her IG PR campaign and JS filing blanks in desperation?) it’s always good to revisit and ruminate.

MOO.

Thank you for a very thoughtful and insightful post. Not living in CT, the Silver Spring Rd option escaped my attention earlier.

Here's a screenshot of a map with the route that maybe longer than your suggestion, but really increases the scope of where JFD's remains might be found. (There's even a Nyconn Horse Transport area near the route...Hmmmm). For those of us unfamiliar with the area, this might help.
Screen Shot sue2 01-23-21 09-03-38.downloads.PNG
Google Maps

I think one grave at the gun club (the one they stumbled upon) was for KM’s wife.

And I think that there was another one on there that they did not find for Jennifer.

Why else would KM’s phone have pinged there right after MT and FD were arrested on May 31st?

They need to search the gun club again.

Also, they should offer KM immunity in exchange for the body.

just give the poor family some closure.

...I had early on considered disposal in the remote area around Silver Spring Rd. @afitzy clocked the RT from Lapham pullout at 38 minutes I believe so he could have been there and back in time to get on the Merritt at 11:07.

MOO.
View attachment 280774

Thank you for a very thoughtful and insightful post. Not living in CT, the Silver Spring Rd option escaped my attention earlier.

Here's a screenshot of a map with the route that maybe longer than your suggestion, but really increases the scope of where JFD's remains might be found. (There's even a Nyconn Horse Transport area near the route...Hmmmm). For those of us unfamiliar with the area, this might help.
View attachment 280774
Google Maps

First quote snipped by me.

Thanks to both of you for remembering the name of the road FD was driving on when he slipped temporarily out of state in violation of the terms of his bail and monitoring. I've been dredging up old thoughts about how events might have played out myself and wanted to revisit that incident but had been searching high and wide for that information without success.

Do you recall what the date was when FD did that?

First quote snipped by me.

Thanks to both of you for remembering the name of the road FD was driving on when he slipped temporarily out of state in violation of the terms of his bail and monitoring. I've been dredging up old thoughts about how events might have played out myself and wanted to revisit that incident but had been searching high and wide for that information without success.

Do you recall what the date was when FD did that?

6/24
Estranged Husband of Missing New Canaan Mother Crossed State Line Into New York: Lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm