Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question on the vacuum.
FD used a vacuum hose in his suicide which leads me to think he had central vac. He’s a custom builder so very likely he does. Did they even have a vacuum that MT brought to 80 ms?

Did LE confirm if they had two. Seems unlikely with central vac. MT stated that she had to return to 4 Jx for the other one as the first one she brought was broken. Did LE check both vacuums to see if one was broken as she claimed? If found, did they look at the contents in the vacuum canister or bag?

Also, seems unlikely MT is the cleaning type. I wonder if FORE typically used a cleaning service. Who was the client that they were meeting and the reason for them cleaning 80 ms. Was that meeting corroborated and the person interviewed? Curious.

Also, who attended the little party on the 23rd? The neighbor has a camera we know as it captured him getting the mail. Curious about specifically who came and the times people arrived and departed on the 23, 24th and 25th!

Also, Norm Pattis claimed someone dropped the bags containing evidence...wouldn’t that person be captured on the neighbor’s surveillance?!!!

Moo

Re: small pillow.

LE acknowledges the Welles garage as a crime scene. I'd speculate either to muffle sound (screams or gunfire? ) or staunch blood flow.

View attachment 280948
image from stamfordadvocate.com

jmho ymmv lrr

To muffle screams...that’s good. I hadn’t thought of that since he was alone. It would be hard to hold a pillow over her face and continue to inflict blows with something or stab her...gives me chills just imaging it all going down while JD is fighting to survive. Or I guess a simpler explanation could even be that the pillow was knocked off the shelf in the struggle and got blood on it so he had to take it.

One more question on the vacuum.
FD used a vacuum hose in his suicide which leads me to think he had central vac. He’s a custom builder so very likely he does. Did they even have a vacuum that MT brought to 80 ms?

Did LE confirm if they had two. Seems unlikely with central vac. MT stated that she had to return to 4 Jx for the other one as the first one she brought was broken. Did LE check both vacuums to see if one was broken as she claimed? If found, did they look at the contents in the vacuum canister or bag?

Also, seems unlikely MT is the cleaning type. I wonder if FORE typically used a cleaning service. Who was the client that they were meeting and the reason for them cleaning 80 ms. Was that meeting corroborated and the person interviewed? Curious.

Also, who attended the little party on the 23rd? The neighbor has a camera we know as it captured him getting the mail. Curious about specifically who came and the times people arrived and departed on the 23, 24th and 25th!

Also, Norm Pattis claimed someone dropped the bags containing evidence...wouldn’t that person be captured on the neighbor’s surveillance?!!!

Moo
Forgive me if this has already been discussed as I’m new to this thread. I’ve been following JD case since the beginning but not on WS (joined in May 2020 to follow Suzanne Morphew case). Anyway, if I am understanding correctly there was a bloody “camping pillow” found among the items in the garbage bags from Albany Avenue. This pillow was missing from JD garage per nanny. I looked up camping pillows to get an idea of what it might have looked like. Camping pillows are generally smaller than standard pillows and come in many different shapes & sizes and materials. Some camping pillows look waterproof and some are made of foam and some fold up into a compact size and have nylon carrying bags with drawstrings or zippers. Why did FD need the pillow? Is the speculation it was used to suffocate JD? Was it used as a silencer for a gunshot? Was it used to soak up blood? Was it used for the carrying case if there was one? Is there is a photo of the actual type of pillow JD had on the garage shelf? What are ya’ll thinking the camp pillow was used for? Just curious. TIA

Edit: I seriously doubt it was used to make JD more comfortable so I was just wondering why FD would have grabbed the pillow? I know it probably doesn’t matter but could it hold a clue to how she was killed? We know there was a lot of blood so it wasn’t simply suffocation but maybe she was still breathing and fighting so he grabbed the pillow to suffocate her and hasten her death? Sorry so graphic! All MOO & speculation.

Welcome!!! So nice to have you!

A couple of thoughts... I don’t know if he knew if the camping pillow was there but maybe he saw it during his visitation if the garage was opened to get the basketball they played with.

He obviously had a plan of how this was going down. I honestly don’t think he planned to kill her in a way that drew blood due to him being paranoid. I think he was planning on suffocating her and maybe that’s what the ponchos and zip ties were for but she put up a fight and maybe he grabbed something to club her with or maybe she grabbed something and he got it from her. So sad to think of her struggle. Then maybe he grabbed the pillow to soak up the blood while he went in to get the paper towels (10 rolls!!!!)

Or to muffle her screams! I imagine that he had a backpack with tape, the ponchos and zip ties. Maybe garbage bags too. I wonder if the camera that captured him with the hoodie on the bike showed a backpack or Fanny pack.

So curious to what he used to cause the spatter.

moo

Something else keeps nagging me... the Weather tech mat that was from JF’s Suburban that he kept due to dna concerns of his that he propped up against the wall of Milagros. Surveillance captured him propping it up there. Did LE capture surveillance of the person that took that mat from the wall? Was that person identified/interviewed? I wonder if the mat was found? Just not in the aw! Seems if they could see FD they could see whom took it. Moo

We can probably assume that, after the violent ordeal assault in the Welles garage, FD moved her into the back of her Suburban so he could begin to clean the bloody mess he'd just made. Two hours worth....

Which from a practical sense made sense. Prior to that day he'd probably never had to operate a paper towel.

We know he brought zip ties with him. Probably to aid in abduction, but likely used instead for transport, as he improvised.

I think KM's movements that day will be critical. As determined by gaps in his movements/cellphone, etc. His own vehicle, perhaps parked.

Those missing minutes might not have been for disposal but for regrouping. New plan. Who drives the Tacoma. Who drives the old Suburban, which I believe was in fact in New Canaan on the 24th. Maybe KM retrieved that vehicle on the 23rd, leaving his car at 4JC or elsewhere.

They might've had a pretty seamless plan and alibi too, if Fotis had been able to whisk Jennifer out of her garage, with nary a trace.

But his plan blew up.

He's not even good at murder.

JMO

Moo

RSBM to reply to this part of your post. I was stunned & SHOCKED to only just learn that FD’s big explanation for the trash bags being disposed of along Albany Avenue was because someone dumped them on his porch! Really?! Seriously did he think anyone would buy this? Did NP actually believe this? I’m guessing NO WAY and he was probably shdh that FD left him to “explain” the trash bags along Albany Avenue. Way to throw your attorney under the bus on your way out FD! That sounds like a desperate man grasping at straws to make up an excuse for something so damning and beyond incriminating that was caught on video.

But to play along...I wondered the same thing about the surveillance cameras that caught every vehicle coming and going from the property but didn’t catch the person dumping the trash on FD’s porch? Did the perpetrator sneak through the woods hauling all these trash bags by himself and manage to sneak onto FD porch and dump them all and get away without leaving a trace? Did FD not have any security cameras that captured his front and back doors at these expensive houses? Were all the bloody items already in the same trash bags that FD threw away? If the trash bags were from JH house then how did FD fingerprints get on some of the items inside? Did he open the bags and go through the bloody contents with his bare hands? So JD is missing and he finds this horrific evidence on his porch that indicates the mother of his children has been severely and possibly mortally wounded and his first thought is for himself? (That I could believe!) So instead of calling LE immediately and not touching anything he decides it’s a better idea to take a drive with his girlfriend and throw away crucial evidence that could lead to the killer and contain their DNA? Because he thinks “someone” is trying to frame him? Who & why?! A business deal gone wrong? A scorned girlfriend? Who would go to such extremes for revenge? Or was FD implying that JD was alive and pulling a Gone Girl to set him up? Did FD think anyone would believe she would somehow collect enough of her own blood to saturate 10 rolls of paper towels, abandon her five children and her life, her family & friends and all her possessions just to punish him? JD was scared of him and she just wanted to get a divorce and have him out of her life as much as possible and keep herself and their children safe. The only person seeking revenge and punishment was FD!

It’s so ridiculous and almost laughable that this was his story about why he made some 30 stops disposing of trash bags and other items. Oh and what about his old license plates? The killer must have got a hold of those somehow too but hey FD if they wanted to frame you then why alter the numbers? It’s such nonsense and obviously FD knew it wasn’t going to fly or he wouldn’t have checked out like a coward before going to trial. He knew if he went back to prison he was never getting out again. Ever. Not alive anyway.

I was so curious when I saw his suicide note about what possible explanation there could be for the trash dumping. I didn’t realize that NP had made FD’s explanation public so just read about it for the first time and it made me so angry that I have gotten myself all riled up over it... sorry, rant over. :p

p.s. And thanks for the welcome @Southernsnooper! Love your name! I live in the deep South so I’m a southern snooper too! :D

Last edited:
Growing Up Coddled?
We can probably assume ... FD moved her ... so he could begin to clean the bloody mess he'd just made. Two hours worth.... Which from a practical sense made sense. Prior to that day he'd probably never had to operate a paper towel....
@Megnut sbm bbm
I don't know about FD specifically, but I know a few ppl in the category you so aptly described --- previously probably
never had to operate a paper towel. :D:cool::rolleyes: Thx for your astute observation.

Also, noting Blawie returned FD’s seized suburban and Jeep but not the Tacoma. They can still use photos of what they found in court but interesting point or maybe we just don’t know if the Tacoma was returned to PG. Fotis Dulos appears in court; some seized items to be returned | fox61.com
Moo

I think it was fD’s Raptor that they were hanging onto, wasn’t it? I suppose they may also have been holding onto PG’s Tacoma...but I don’t recall. It would make sense if they did hang into the Tacoma because even though they (fD and MT had it detailed), evidence of JFD’s presence in the Tacoma may still exist. I continue to rhank god that PG held onto those car seats after they were swapped out.

I think it was fD’s Raptor that they were hanging onto, wasn’t it? I suppose they may also have been holding onto PG’s Tacoma...but I don’t recall. It would make sense if they did hang into the Tacoma because even though they (fD and MT had it detailed), evidence of JFD’s presence in the Tacoma may still exist. I continue to rhank god that PG held onto those car seats after they were swapped out.

and that PG called a good lawyer, likely preventing fd from blaming it ll on him!

jmho ymmv lrr

To muffle screams...that’s good. I hadn’t thought of that since he was alone. It would be hard to hold a pillow over her face and continue to inflict blows with something or stab her...gives me chills just imaging it all going down while JD is fighting to survive. Or I guess a simpler explanation could even be that the pillow was knocked off the shelf in the struggle and got blood on it so he had to take it.

BBM-this is what I think happened with the pillow-it ended up getting blood on it, so he had to take it

Yes, I believe they still have the Raptor as well as the phones and electronics.

I wonder what they gleaned from them, if they weren’t scrubbed.

Moo

Transporting 'Cargo' w. Thule Gear?
Apologizing if this has been discussed to death as I'm just popping in and noticed posts about racks & boxes. I haven't seen/don't remember pics of car w equipment. Had not thought about this gear before.

Affidavit at 1:36pm: "Suburban w a Thule rack."
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/6eb01bbf-8afe-4860-a191-c57592237b20-png.280789/
Rack, not cargo carrier, not roof top box, not car top carrier.
Roof racks. <--- Presumably one of these?

Anyone have pix or descriptions of what gear was on the ^ Suburban?
Did it have manufacturer's orig. luggage rack/gear rack, so not detachable?
How easy is it to install/affix the Thule roof racks for car? What about car top carriers? R
emoval time?
A five min. job or muuuch longer?
Or would FD likely leave racks & boxes on all the time?

And another category of carriers & baskets: Cargo carriers
Holy cow, who knew there were so many different racks, carriers, types of equipment? And pricey.

Last edited:
Growing Up Coddled?
@Megnut sbm bbm
I don't know about FD specifically, but I know a few ppl in the category you so aptly described --- previously probably
never had to operate a paper towel. :D:cool::rolleyes: Thx for your astute observation.
This made me chuckle too! :D If my husband ever murders me and has to clean up the crime scene by himself he will surely be caught based just on how he thinks that he has cleaned up the kitchen after dinner when there are still crumbs all over the counter and specks of spaghetti sauce on the stove etc. But I still appreciate it when he cleans up even if I have to finish the job! :p

Apologizing if this has been discussed to death as I'm just popping in and noticed posts about racks & boxes. I haven't seen/don't remember pics of car w equipment. Had not thought about this gear before.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/6eb01bbf-8afe-4860-a191-c57592237b20-png.280789/

How easy is it to install/affix the Thule roof racks for car? What about car top carriers? R
emoval time?

Holy cow, who knew there were so many different racks, carriers, types of equipment? And pricey.

You can see the Thule rack on his Suburban in this article:
Photos show state of Fotis Dulos' garage after apparent suicide attempt

There is also a photo of the Thule rack open on top of his Suburban in a publicly available photo of FD, MT, and the kids on a ski trip- the kids that were not supposed to be doing things with MT no less-
You can see it at the link below by scrolling down through the photos.
Who is Fotis Dulos? Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Education, Career, Arrest, Charges, Missing Wife, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram | Latest Bios

One reason for the focus on the Thule rack would be to distinguish it from other black Suburbans, including JDs, there are tons of black Suburbans around in New Canaan and I’m assuming also Farmington. (for example I believe I saw photos on social media of one of FD’s good friends with a black Suburban with his family.) They are so ubiquitous that having the Thule rack would help to tie it to FD.

These are certainly removable but it wouldn’t be something he’d be doing on Lapham Rd or anything. You can take it off in the summer when ski season is over if you don’t use it for luggage; it cuts down on gas mileage but with the Suburban gas mileage isn’t the biggest consideration is it. I’m guessing he kept his on year round because he snow skied and water skied. It was on his car in May so he did keep it in the summer.

Last edited:

emoval time?

Who is Fotis Dulos? Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Education, Career, Arrest, Charges, Missing Wife, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram | Latest Bios

Attachments

• Fotis-Dulos-and-his-Children-in-the-Past.jpg
    Fotis-Dulos-and-his-Children-in-the-Past.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 33

I really don't recall any theories on the pillow and believe it likely had visible blood splatter and FD collected it for disposal.

“C4 video also showed an unidentified person removing what appeared to be a light-colored piece of material containing a large blood-like stain” from the Raptor, the affidavit says.

That item was consistent with a small camping pillow Almeida, the nanny, told police was missing from the garage at Jennifer Dulos’ home.

A homeless man interviewed by detectives said he’d seen a “bloody pillow” in the area the object was discarded, but said he left it where he found it, the affidavit says.

Jan 10, 2020
Bloody zip ties and a French bicycle: Court records detail evidence against Jennifer Dulos’ husband

Attachments

• Fotis-Dulos-and-his-Children-in-the-Past.jpg
    Fotis-Dulos-and-his-Children-in-the-Past.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 138
  • New-Canaan-Missing-Mom-PICTURE-Dulos-Suicide___SUV-with-sweeper.jpg
    New-Canaan-Missing-Mom-PICTURE-Dulos-Suicide___SUV-with-sweeper.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 126
@sleuth66 and @Megnut Thx for links and info about the Suburban.

From post by sleuth66 "focus on the Thule rack would be to distinguish it from other black Suburbans."
Iiuc, per ^ this, the vid of Suburban mos' def' shows it to be a Thule rack, not manu's equip??? I can't tell from pics. Pics in Feb 3, 2050 article show the Thule carrier/box was still atop the rack on the Suburban.

So, it's possible, at some point, JD's remains could have been in that carrier. It was large enough. my2cts.

A few more thoughts:

-he could have removed the clothes if he was using lime in a grave because he wanted direct contact between the body and the lime, without clothes in the way. Would also interfere with easy ID if the body were found with clothes but FD was aware of DNA as he actually mentioned it to the visitation supervisor. So it’s possible that the cutting off of clothes is suggestive of use of lime in a grave.

-like another poster above I believe the zip ties were used to transport/conceal the body. I believe that he killed her as quickly as he could, either by blunt force with sports equipment (hockey stick, baseball bat that he knew was in the garage) or more likely a blunt tool he brought himself.
I lean strongly that he strangled her and thought that would not leave blood evidence; the Annie Le case at Yale showed how domestic murderers can think that strangulation is clean, while instead it produces blood spatter in line with everything that’s been shared about the blood in the garage here. He could have grabbed the camping pillow to staunch the blood.
Thus the zip ties could have been used to compact and carry the body, these were 4 ft zip ties if I recall. JD was tall and thin and 120 pounds would become difficult to move if not compacted (terrible image I know). It’s possible he used a duffle bag or water ski bag to tie up and transport the body in, to avoid suspicion out in the open on Lapham and also while driving back to Farmington. Maybe he even practiced with MT to find a bag that would work sizewise.

- I believe that he stashed supplies including the zip ties, trash bags (maybe taped together), maybe a bat or club he used to knock her out or hit her, and possibly a duffel or waterski bag to put the body in, two nights before when he came for visitation.
I believe he put these in the woods behind her house off of Indian Waters Drive. He may have put them there even earlier, but if so I am sure he at least checked on them the night when he was in NC.
I wonder if they have data on his whereabouts in and around NC on the 22nd, for example after dinner. I wonder what time he returned to Farmington the night of the 22nd, he’d probably want to do this when it was dark and it was light until late that time of year. Also, did he ever go out to Silver Spring Rd on the 22nd?

I believe that he rode his bike on Weed St to take a left on Indian Waters, where there is a relatively good swathe of woods he could sneak through that morning, picking up the stashed supplies along the way. There is a house on Thurton Drive with a long driveway that is set back and at an angle that could catch him on security camera if he was sneaking around back there.

He likely did not bike up Welles Lane because he would risk being seen by them on their way to school, plus the neighbors camera that caught JD leaving and returning from school drop off, and FD departing at 10:25, would also have caught FD riding up on his bike. Plus Frogtown is busy and he would risk being seen by a lot of passing traffic, and it is much longer around so this was a major shortcut for him where he could gather supplies and hide out in the woods until they left for school.

This would mean that he would need to go back and get his bike from Indian Waters where he left it (he did not haul his bike through the woods, I would be shocked if he did this- thick and brushy and suspicious, plus he had to be carrying the zip ties and whatever else. Maybe evidence will prove me wrong but that would be quite the undertaking to haul the bike through the woods). This could be where he picked up poison ivy (though that could be anywhere in CT in May, don’t look at the side of the road wrong or you may start developing a rash, haha)..

This may account for some of the 47 minutes lag at Waveny, if he parked JDs Suburban with her body in it on Lapham and left it, took off in the Tacoma to get his bike from Indian Waters, and then returned to Lapham to transfer the body into the Tacoma.

Alternatively he could have stopped at Indian Waters to get his bike in JDs Suburban with her body in back on his way to Waveny but I’m guessing he did not want to risk being seen or stopped in JDs vehicle with a body in there. He would look more like a service worker in the beater truck if neighbors noticed him on Indian Waters in the Tacoma.
We know he took the bike back to Farmington since it was on the Merritt CCTV in the truck bed so he had to have time to retrieve it.

Personally I believe he could have done this all himself without an accomplice, if he had planned it out in advance.

MOO.

Something else keeps nagging me... the Weather tech mat that was from JF’s Suburban that he kept due to dna concerns of his that he propped up against the wall of Milagros. Surveillance captured him propping it up there. Did LE capture surveillance of the person that took that mat from the wall? Was that person identified/interviewed? I wonder if the mat was found? Just not in the aw! Seems if they could see FD they could see whom took it. Moo
^^bbm

According to the AWA, the unidentified person seen on surveillance near what appeared to be the pillow was later identified as homeless and interviewed but I don't see mention of Milagros or anybody taking the Weather Tech floor mat here.

Actually, I don't recall reading that the location of the wall (Milagros?) was disclosed or that the floor mat was taken by another.

Pg 7 of 35 AWA.

Bloody zip ties and a French bicycle: Court records detail evidence against Jennifer Dulos’ husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces