Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s another date for the MT Wheel of Fortune time line. 11/8/18 bought the $650K ski shack in Eagle County, Co.
co-owned w GB. Wonder if JFD or her family were super secret silent investors and they didn’t even know it? MOO MOO

I have to admit I am intrigued, and a little bit in awe, of the financial shenanigans:
Working for a near bankrupt company, shuffling $ from Peter to pay Paul, some really cool slight of hands with bank loans, trips expensed to failing company, child enrolled in expensive private school, living in million dollar mansion scott free (financed by bf-ex) AND buying a lovely furnished condo in ski country.
WOW MOO

YES, Twitter too — where AW warrants were being shared. The slithery part of MT’s DNA, IMHO, led to the delusion of #1. And #2 ~ no words. Hiring an attorney temperamentally similar yet malleable instead of staying with a more grounded one only multiplied the sketch factor. MOO

I think Andrew Bowman was hired to keep her from being charged with conspiracy, but he wasn’t able to manage that; once they charged her, she needed an attorney who can get her an acquittal (they hope). They lost confidence in Bowman, and for the trial portion, they need a pain in the *** like Schoenhorn.
48 hrs show

By nature these shows are superficial but nonetheless in that context, here are my impressions in no particular order :

Appearances included LE, Fotis’s sister, nieces, his lawyers ( how can we forget the insufferable NP), two of MT’s sisters, her Dad, her lawyer JS and JFD’s friend Carrie L
And probably others I am forgetting

Through interviews with all the above the story unfolds

Small detail : LE indicated in the show that the suburban was backed up to a tree along lapham rd, approx 100 ft from where the bus cam caught the stationary Tacoma earlier in the day. It’s doors were locked and there were no keys inside. The car was jammed in reverse which I seem to remember from the earlier version but I had been under the impression that the keys had been left in the car and the drivers side ajar - anybody else remember that?

FD’s family and lawyers were their usual selves - same old script

The MT family despite their good intentions and obvious love for and loyalty to MT
did not do anything to move the needle in MT’s favor. Just the family saying MT is not capable of doing bad things etc - like all families do. Schoenhorn also did nothing to help the case.

LE pointed out there was that pesky detail about how MT provided
a false alibi for Fotus on the morning of the murder and that MT was provably less than forthcoming in her initial interviews with LE. And then there was the Albany Avenue trek the night of the murder with garbage bags full of JFD’s bloody clothes etc , and the “cleaning” of 80 Mt Spr that afternoon of the murder - the Tacoma detailed, new seats etc a week later... not a lot of detail but enough so you got the idea that MT would need to be deaf and dumb to not realize someting was not “ on the up and up”.

Near the end KM is mentioned as having likely cut a deal with prosecutors -
Coangelo and Erin wrap it up with Coangelo leaving the door open for a deal to be made
also with MT -

- Bottom line - I was left with an incredible sense of sadness. This murder has caused so much collateral damage. There is no way to bring Jennifer back or fix any of it . All simply because one man was so very deceitful, damaged and dangerous -

First Fotis failed Jennifer, then the Court failed Jennifer. Then MT failed Jennifer by the affair and conspiring to kill Jennifer and help cover up the murder.
You know it is so obvious that Fotis thought they would not get caught. And they almost didn’t.
I think it was Coangelo who pointed out in the show that LE’s big break came via Fotis’ cell phone. The one Fotis handed over to the police in NC the day after the murder. It showed MT and FD on Albany Ave the night before ...and we all know the story after that.

There is no way MT will be acquitted.
Too much evidence- circumstantial and other - to be explained away. Despite attempts to portray her in a positive light she just does not come across as a warm and sympathetic character. By anyone’s definition.

I’d tell her : Time to cut a deal. Now. Spare your child, JFD’s kids, and your family a trial which will be a media feeding frenzy. Do it now - get the jail time over with - turn your life around.

ALL MOO

I was thinking the same thing-if there ever was last chance to do it, this is it. Judging from the 48 Hours feedback, all of that cr*p that JS is throwing out there is not working.

Great job figuring that out. I think that’s right, the current CEO and PEG share a grandmother. I also saw that the CEO married one of his cousins, but didn’t drill down on if she came from this group. The money does seem to be a family affair.
I can’t crack if MT received any windfall with her divorce. Since PEG was petitioner, and what was said by @CTGrammy about MT securing CS premarriage, and the dates of marriage, compared with dates of FD involvement- I’m thinking , nope, PEG wasn’t in a very good mood about the whole thing...MOO

From what I remember, she didn't get anything from that marriage, nor did she get part of the accident settlement. It's in one of the early threads here. I'll try to find it.

It appears the marriage lasted about 38-1/2 months. MT was a U.S. citizen. PEG was born in Caracas, but was reported in the article someone posted yesterday to have been a French national. I wonder if MT’s 3-year marriage helped her ex-husband gain U.S. citizenship.

Makes sense.

I have always wondered if FD's first marriage fulfilled his requirement for citizenship, also.

Wonder if either of them, FD or MT, were financially rewarded for their assistance.

48 hrs show

By nature these shows are superficial but nonetheless in that context, here are my impressions in no particular order :

Appearances included LE, Fotis’s sister, nieces, his lawyers ( how can we forget the insufferable NP), two of MT’s sisters, her Dad, her lawyer JS and JFD’s friend Carrie L
And probably others I am forgetting

Through interviews with all the above the story unfolds

Small detail : LE indicated in the show that the suburban was backed up to a tree along lapham rd, approx 100 ft from where the bus cam caught the stationary Tacoma earlier in the day. It’s doors were locked and there were no keys inside. The car was jammed in reverse which I seem to remember from the earlier version but I had been under the impression that the keys had been left in the car and the drivers side ajar - anybody else remember that?

FD’s family and lawyers were their usual selves - same old script

The MT family despite their good intentions and obvious love for and loyalty to MT
did not do anything to move the needle in MT’s favor. Just the family saying MT is not capable of doing bad things etc - like all families do. Schoenhorn also did nothing to help the case.

LE pointed out there was that pesky detail about how MT provided
a false alibi for Fotus on the morning of the murder and that MT was provably less than forthcoming in her initial interviews with LE. And then there was the Albany Avenue trek the night of the murder with garbage bags full of JFD’s bloody clothes etc , and the “cleaning” of 80 Mt Spr that afternoon of the murder - the Tacoma detailed, new seats etc a week later... not a lot of detail but enough so you got the idea that MT would need to be deaf and dumb to not realize someting was not “ on the up and up”. BBM

Near the end KM is mentioned as having likely cut a deal with prosecutors -
Coangelo and Erin wrap it up with Coangelo leaving the door open for a deal to be made
also with MT -

- Bottom line - I was left with an incredible sense of sadness. This murder has caused so much collateral damage. There is no way to bring Jennifer back or fix any of it . All simply because one man was so very deceitful, damaged and dangerous -

First Fotis failed Jennifer, then the Court failed Jennifer. Then MT failed Jennifer by the affair and conspiring to kill Jennifer and help cover up the murder.
You know it is so obvious that Fotis thought they would not get caught. And they almost didn’t.
I think it was Coangelo who pointed out in the show that LE’s big break came via Fotis’ cell phone. The one Fotis handed over to the police in NC the day after the murder. It showed MT and FD on Albany Ave the night before ...and we all know the story after that.

There is no way MT will be acquitted.
Too much evidence- circumstantial and other - to be explained away. Despite attempts to portray her in a positive light she just does not come across as a warm and sympathetic character. By anyone’s definition.

I’d tell her : Time to cut a deal. Now. Spare your child, JFD’s kids, and your family a trial which will be a media feeding frenzy. Do it now - get the jail time over with - turn your life around.

ALL MOO

In response to the part of your post above that I bolded, I realized FD and the kids probably were in communication about the upcoming weekend, and he knew that JFD's family and friends were looking for her.

The kids idolized their father and would have been upset about their mother being missing. I doubt they missed that fact during the late afternoon and evening of the 24th.

FD started calling Lauren the nanny before he completed his Albany Avenue run it appears. Finally, Lauren received permission from NC LE to accept/return FD's calls. So at 8:41 on the 24th Lauren called him back.

I guess it could be possible the kids had no idea their mother was missing, but the older certainly would have been wondering why she wasn't at the orthodontist appointment at 4:40. LE was notified around 7 P.M. that JFD was missing. Everything I know about kids would lead me to believe that one of them would have sent a text to dad saying something about JFD being missing.

Where was Michi as all this started?

From the arrest warrant:
upload_2021-2-14_11-59-30.png
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11ea-845d-bfd3124a7453/5e14e1a421b22.pdf.pdf
pages 28 and 29

In response to the part of your post above that I bolded, I realized FD and the kids probably were in communication about the upcoming weekend, and he knew that JFD's family and friends were looking for her.

The kids idolized their father and would have been upset about their mother being missing. I doubt they missed that fact during the late afternoon and evening of the 24th.

FD started calling Lauren the nanny before he completed his Albany Avenue run it appears. Finally, Lauren received permission from NC LE to accept/return FD's calls. So at 8:41 on the 24th Lauren called him back.

I guess it could be possible the kids had no idea their mother was missing, but the older certainly would have been wondering why she wasn't at the orthodontist appointment at 4:40. LE was notified around 7 P.M. that JFD was missing. Everything I know about kids would lead me to believe that one of them would have sent a text to dad saying something about JFD being missing.

Where was Michi as all this started?

From the arrest warrant:
View attachment 284255
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11ea-845d-bfd3124a7453/5e14e1a421b22.pdf.pdf
pages 28 and 29
You bring up some very pertinent thoughts on what the children would have been doing and thinking that day. I’m sure they were also texting their mother, and after not getting any response were asking their grandma, nanny and father what had happened.

<modsnip, quoted posts>

Waaaaaait.... wait... what?!? MTs ex got into a car accident.... with a PLANE?!?!
You truly cannot make this "ish" up... every single thing with these people is sooooo over the top. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow-every single comment, from both men and women, on the 48Hours Facebook page about last night’s episode dedicated to MT, expressed the opinion that she was involved. I don’t think this is what JS was banking on. Now would be a good time for MT to serve up some information. I think that MT knows where JFD’s remains ended up and cannot bring herself to say, for 2 reasons...1) because she really really still thinks that as long as she keeps her trap shut, she’ll end up free as a bird, and 2)what they did with JFD’s remains is so disgusting, she cannot now bring herself to say the words

By any chance do u have a working link to watch this? All the ones hosted by CBS refuse to play for me and I haven't found any other links. TIA

I don’t-I recorded it last night but haven’t yet watched it and am not sure if I will because I’m afraid I’ll blow a gasket

I thought it was well done, from the perspective of the Dulos kids. It was imbued throughout with beautiful photos of Jennifer with her children, quotes from her blogs expressing her love and commitment to them, and her friend CLs commentary on how much JD adored them and what a wonderful person she was.
When something terrible like this happens and it's all over the news, this is material that the children will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
I am thankful that CL did such a good job presumably negotiating how this was going to be put together in terms of the kids' perspective. It comes across as a beautiful tribute to JD and the tragic way in which LE slowly unravelled the case that could lead to only one shocking and nauseating conclusion, that the father of the 5 children had murdered their mother with the coverup and help of his skanky paramour.

This theme contrasted starkly with the insistent, shallow and all too eager chorus from MTs sisters, which lacked any substance whatsoever. When EM says, "hey, you know, sometimes women do unexpected things for men they love," the sisters are like, "other women yes, but not her." Why not? "because how we were brought up". Oh, you mean you weren't brought up to be murderers, like all those other women who do stuff like this? Is this the "good family" defense? The MT is special defense, not like other women who coverup for their boyfriends?
And then RDK too, with her insistence that FD just wasn't the kind of guy to do it; ignoring the trash bags, bloody Tacoma seat, carwash, etc. As if chopping vegetables and making tomato sauce together in the 4JC kitchen is supposed to suggest that FD wasn't capable of doing the same to his wife?

Other tidbits I noted were that in some of the shots, from a particular angle JS seems to be trying to grow a nascent ponytail like NP (or maybe he hadn't been able to get to the barber due to COVID restrictions?), and apparently the MT sister squad reads our posts here, because they mentioned some of the scathing things that have been said of MT in our WS forums. I mean, for a woman whose defense is sex in the shower and sex against the employee's bloodstained truck (and leaning out of the truck to wipe her sticky fingers on the sidewalk), I have no idea why people might suggest that she's a sleazy homewrecker. We should really be more sympathetic, right?

While MTs "I didn't do it" interrogation clip gets some play, it is true, I noted that in insisting that she has no idea where JD is in the police interview, she refers to Detective K. as "John" which struck me as odd and staged, like she's trying to level the power with her inquisitor and put herself on his plane, when it's very clear that he's suggesting she's a conspirator in a murder. As in, "look John, I'm telling you I just don't know where she is". Wanna get a coffee at Starbucks afterwards? wink wink, flap flap.

Finally, as others have noted, it also ends with a PSA on the part of Colangelo, all but offering up that if anyone has information that leads to the location of JD's body, well there's a deal for you waiting at the table. EM said it not him, but it cuts to a clip of RC saying "absolutely" implying that he's open for business on the deal front in return for the body.

Everyone clearly had some skin in this game, and if I were keeping score I'd award the winning points to CL (for her stoic yet honorable tribute to JD on behalf of the children) and LE (who comes across as professional and dedicated, a strong foil to JS's characterization of LE as in it for the [taxpayer's] $).

Without a doubt, the losers were MT and her blowout sister chorus, as well as JS who lost points for his questionable grooming and his poor taste in office wallpaper, not to mention putting his foot in his mouth when he proclaims MT was "left holding the bag" (which of course leads to the conclusion that must be why her DNA was on it...).

MOO.

Last edited:
The intelligence, competence, and determination shown in these posts as everyone here gives their all to help bring about justice for Jennifer are stunning. I applaud you all and I thank you all for caring so much. MOO.

I thought it was well done, from the perspective of the Dulos kids. It was imbued throughout with beautiful photos of Jennifer with her children, quotes from her blogs expressing her love and commitment to them, and her friend CLs commentary on how much JD adored them and what a wonderful person she was.
When something terrible like this happens and it's all over the news, this is material that the children will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
I am thankful that CL did such a good job presumably negotiating how this was going to be put together in terms of the kids' perspective. It comes across as a beautiful tribute to JD and the tragic way in which LE slowly unravelled the case that could lead to only one shocking and nauseating conclusion, that the father of the 5 children had murdered their mother with the coverup and help of his skanky paramour.

This theme contrasted starkly with the insistent, shallow and all too eager chorus from MTs sisters, which lacked any substance whatsoever. When EM says, "hey, you know, sometimes women do unexpected things for men they love," the sisters are like, "other women yes, but not her." Why not? "because how we were brought up". Oh, you mean you weren't brought up to be murderers, like all those other women who do stuff like this? Is this the "good family" defense? The MT is special defense, not like other women who coverup for their boyfriends?
And then RDK too, with her insistence that FD just wasn't the kind of guy to do it; ignoring the trash bags, bloody Tacoma seat, carwash, etc. As if chopping vegetables and making tomato sauce together in the 4JC kitchen is supposed to suggest that FD wasn't capable of doing the same to his wife?

Other tidbits I noted were that in some of the shots, from a particular angle JS seems to be trying to grow a nascent ponytail like NP (or maybe he hadn't been able to get to the barber due to COVID restrictions?), and apparently the MT sister squad reads our posts here, because they mentioned some of the scathing things that have been said of MT in our WS forums. I mean, for a woman whose defense is sex in the shower and sex against the employee's bloodstained truck (and leaning out of the truck to wipe her sticky fingers on the sidewalk), I have no idea why people might suggest that she's a sleazy homewrecker. We should really be more sympathetic, right?

While MTs "I didn't do it" interrogation clip gets some play, it is true, I noted that in insisting that she has no idea where JD is in the police interview, she refers to Detective K. as "John" which struck me as odd and staged, like she's trying to level the power with her inquisitor and put herself on his plane, when it's very clear that he's suggesting she's a conspirator in a murder. As in, "look John, I'm telling you I just don't know where she is". Wanna get a coffee at Starbucks afterwards? wink wink, flap flap.

Finally, as others have noted, it also ends with a PSA on the part of Colangelo, all but offering up that if anyone has information that leads to the location of JD's body, well there's a deal for you waiting at the table. EM said it not him, but it cuts to a clip of RC saying "absolutely" implying that he's open for business on the deal front in return for the body.

Everyone clearly had some skin in this game, and if I were keeping score I'd award the winning points to CL (for her stoic yet honorable tribute to JD on behalf of the children) and LE (who comes across as professional and dedicated, a strong foil to JS's characterization of LE as in it for the [taxpayer's] $).

Without a doubt, the losers were MT and her blowout sister chorus, as well as JS who lost points for his questionable grooming and his poor taste in office wallpaper, not to mention putting his foot in his mouth when he proclaims MT was "left holding the bag" (which of course leads to the conclusion that must be why her DNA was on it...).

MOO.

Sleuth, I can’t access the show but you just painted a picture for me - so eloquently described, and it has made my day.

Reminder: Websleuths is a victim friendly forum:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

In this case, sleuthing MT to help establish a timeline for JFD’s case is allowed. That includes dates of previous marriages, etc.

Sleuthing family members of MT’s ex-husband, including the family members’ marital status and employment, is NOT allowed under Terms of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn