Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="sds71, post: 17349679, member: 104301"]Investigators declined to say what they were searching for, but said said they expected it to be a prolonged search.
“Connecticut State Police major crimes detectives and canines are there as a standard investigative effort out of an abundance of caution,” said Brian Foley, aide to Department of Emergency Management and Public Protection Commissioner James Rovella.

Police searching New Canaan park near where Jennifer Dulos SUV found

@davealtimari

Not my story anymore but if I was still covering the Jennifer Dulos case I'd be in New Canaan where the cops are searching some town owned property near Waveny Park this morning, not far from where the red truck was parked the morning she disappeared.[/QUOTE]

BBM
Investigators declined to say what they were searching for, but said said they expected it to be a prolonged search. Since LE already left Waveny today - but LE is quoted as saying they expected it to be a prolonged search, I expect they will be back to search more, or perhaps they found what they were looking for ?

Seems to me that KM already talked and the result was a reduced bond where he's been free since. I think if the info came from KM, the search at this specific location would have been months ago. JMO

I don’t know that he is definitely, necessarily done talking…I think there is still some room to negotiate, since he hasn’t gone to trial yet, on any of the cases against him. He can still tell them what fD might have told him after the murder. Of course, he is putting himself in the best possible light-so to tell what he might characterize as a confession, could possibly change the charges against him-from murder co-conspiritor, to something lesser. Make no mistake, I personally believe that KM was fully involved and fully invested in Jennifer’s murder; I don’t think for a second that he only found out about it after the fact. Just trying to figure out “why search now, and why search THERE now?”

I don’t know that he is definitely, necessarily done talking…I think there is still some room to negotiate, since he hasn’t gone to trial yet, on any of the cases against him. He can still tell them what fD might have told him after the murder. Of course, he is putting himself in the best possible light-so to tell what he might characterize as a confession, could possibly change the charges against him-from murder co-conspiritor, to something lesser. Make no mistake, I personally believe that KM was fully involved and fully invested in Jennifer’s murder; I don’t think for a second that he only found out about it after the fact. Just trying to figure out “why search now, and why search THERE now?”
I disagree. In my experience -- prosecutors require full cooperation without any opportunity to be jerked around by a defendant once they get their favor of freedom. Many prosecutors also require the defendant to pass a polygraph before they go to the judge with their request for bond release. JMO

I totally agree - I do not sense that KM is a guy that is going to give up all his leverage at once. Prob
has more cards to play imo

What is the conventional wisdom on the likely murder weapon-knife?
The idea of it being a knife doesn't make sense to me given how poorly the clean-up was executed. I don't think he anticipated as much blood as there was, especially since he used paper towels from the house to clean. If it WAS a knife or something of the sort, I think it was an impulsive last-minute decision.

How many minutes did FD have, from leaving Jennifer's house before being tracked back in the red truck?

How much time might he have had? Perhaps he spent that time in the park.

Gosh, it seems crazy he'd do anything in the area of the Suburban because that's where he'd have known LE would scour. But then it was all crazy.

Any chance his original plan accounted for her being found, to appear she was assaulted and murdered while jogging? Seems harder to stage (he couldn't know what she'd be wearing, for instance).

Are they looking for the weapon? The rest of the bike? The luggage carrier? A body?

If anyone's talking, my money's on KM.

JMO
Iirc, there was about fifteen minutes unaccounted for while he was down in NC from when he was last seen in NC to when he was seen on the rest stop cameras.

What is going on today?

And a skull was found in Canaan , not New Canaan last month

Troopers received a report at about 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 19, from an individual who found what they believed to be skeletal remains while walking their dog, according to Connecticut State Police

Skeletal Remains Discovered In Wooded Area In Connecticut, State Police Say
I am waiting on more details about this. About 0.0001% chance it's JFD given the timeline and location, but still.

Sorry if this has been previously addressed:
Given that FD was a lunatic, initially the idea that he would drive all the way from New Canaan to Farmington with a dead body in the car didn't seem farfetched, but now I'm thinking it would make all kinds of sense if he disposed of her perhaps in a pre-dug hole near Waveny. The blood on the front seat could have been from the numerous bloody paper towels he went through in the garage and any wet mops he may have used. I live 10 minutes from the crime scene and think about her every time I drive by that park. Hope they find Jennifer.

Sorry if this has been previously addressed:
Given that FD was a lunatic, initially the idea that he would drive all the way from New Canaan to Farmington with a dead body in the car didn't seem farfetched, but now I'm thinking it would make all kinds of sense if he disposed of her perhaps in a pre-dug hole near Waveny. The blood on the front seat could have been from the numerous bloody paper towels he went through in the garage and any wet mops he may have used. I live 10 minutes from the crime scene and think about her every time I drive by that park. Hope they find Jennifer.
I was thinking this earlier today. Wasn't FD down in New Canaan the week before the disappearance?

I was thinking this earlier today. Wasn't FD down in New Canaan the week before the disappearance?
FD was building a house in New Canaan - 61 Sturbridge Hill Road which since foreclosed and went on auction. Waveny is a huge 300 acre park and many parts of it are wooded. There are no cameras. The cameras that picked up images of his car parked in the park on the side of a woody road were taken from school buses passing that morning.

The idea of it being a knife doesn't make sense to me given how poorly the clean-up was executed. I don't think he anticipated as much blood as there was, especially since he used paper towels from the house to clean. If it WAS a knife or something of the sort, I think it was an impulsive last-minute decision.

IMO FD didn't plan to murder her in New Canaan at all. He came there equipped with zip ties so I think he intended to take her by surprise -- and by force. Which means he would've ambushed her in the garage, deftly incapacitated her, and abducted her, bound but alive, unbleeding. Then what? Not sure....

Meet up with someone for transfer? Maybe.

I have to believe manner of death and mode of disposal were well planned, adjustments not withstanding.

Perhaps he repurposed the materials from the creepy grave KM dug then abandoned. I seriously doubt he left her anywhere near her Suburban but maybe he utilized a space (where LE is presently looking) as a staging area --

JMO

What is going on today?

And a skull was found in Canaan , not New Canaan last month

Troopers received a report at about 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 19, from an individual who found what they believed to be skeletal remains while walking their dog, according to Connecticut State Police

Skeletal Remains Discovered In Wooded Area In Connecticut, State Police Say
Hmm, location the article pins to seems to be the Harwinton Rod and Gun Club. (Not the same Windsor Rod and Gun Club where KM went late that night and where the grave was found). This location is roughly 30+ mins from 4 JC.
Probably coincidence but timing of search at Waveny a little intriguing. The true crime fiction writer in me wants to fantasize it was JFD and there was a phone with the remains that showed some activity around the mulch piles across from the Lapham pullout. BUT that’s probably too much to hope for. (MOO- don’t run too far with this unfounded fantasy).

Regardless good to see they’re still searching and haven’t given up. At the very least it keeps MT on her toes (made more difficult by the bulky ankle monitor of course).

How would her blood have been found in PG’s truck, then-could it have been transferred from clothing fD had been wearing? It would’ve gotten on the passenger seat and door.
All MOO.
The amount of blood spatter in the garage indicated it was a bloody murder.
FD cleaned up with the missing package of JFs paper towels, those towels were likely put in trash bags to be taken back to be disposed of elsewhere in the truck borrowed from the employee and then a bag leaked on the way back.

IMO FD didn't plan to murder her in New Canaan at all. He came there equipped with zip ties so I think he intended to take her by surprise -- and by force. Which means he would've ambushed her in the garage, deftly incapacitated her, and abducted her, bound but alive, unbleeding. Then what? Not sure....

Meet up with someone for transfer? Maybe.

I have to believe manner of death and mode of disposal were well planned, adjustments not withstanding.

Perhaps he repurposed the materials from the creepy grave KM dug then abandoned. I seriously doubt he left her anywhere near her Suburban but maybe he utilized a space (where LE is presently looking) as a staging area --

JMO
This is the mulch field they are investigating right now and the Suburban and FD's pick up were caught on camera just further ahead on the right where the area is more wooded. The strong smell of mulch could have thrown off any dogs searching here years ago. I am familiar with the park and could see how someone could go in there and dig a hole, especially if it were a bit dark out. After 2.5 years, the police would not just start looking there if not for a solid lead, I would think. The zip ties could have been used to make it easier for him to transport her body. Though she was small, it's easier to move someone if the legs and arms are secured. Did he intend to kill her in such a bloody fashion? Perhaps not, but rage likely got in the way. I now don't believe he would have driven all the way to Farmington with a dead body in his pick up cab. The missing 15 minutes in his timeline could have been him covering her up in this very area. Imagine if she's been there all this time.

Attachments

• mulch.jpg
    mulch.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
What is the over and under on news today regarding yesterday’s search, and the finding of the skeleton in Harwinton? Probably unlikely to hear anything at all this week, but I plan to be paying closer attention than I have recently done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo