Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the mulch field they are investigating right now and the Suburban and FD's pick up were caught on camera just further ahead on the right where the area is more wooded. The strong smell of mulch could have thrown off any dogs searching here years ago. I am familiar with the park and could see how someone could go in there and dig a hole, especially if it were a bit dark out. After 2.5 years, the police would not just start looking there if not for a solid lead, I would think. The zip ties could have been used to make it easier for him to transport her body. Though she was small, it's easier to move someone if the legs and arms are secured. Did he intend to kill her in such a bloody fashion? Perhaps not, but rage likely got in the way. I now don't believe he would have driven all the way to Farmington with a dead body in his pick up cab. The missing 15 minutes in his timeline could have been him covering her up in this very area. Imagine if she's been there all this time.

I just found this tidbit from the case which is very interesting. 40 minutes is a more feasible time for him to go in the woods at Waveny and dispose of a body:
  • Farber Dulos’ cell records show the last person she talked with was Almeida shortly before 8 a.m. Data showed that her cellphone was in the vicinity of Waveny Park for nearly 40 minutes on the morning she disappeared in the area where her Chevy Suburban was found and other videos had showed a red Toyota truck parked earlier. Police believe Dulos drove that red truck, which belonged to an employee, from Farmington to New Canaan on the morning of May 24. Three minutes after Farber Dulos’ phone disconnected from the network, the red truck is spotted driving north on the Merritt Parkway headed back to Farmington.

Ok-I am old, and I don’t necessarily understand how some stuff works…re: Jennifer’s cell phone-so it showed that it was in the vicinity of Waveny for approximately 40 minutes the morning of her disappearance. What likely happened to it after that? Is it enough to just turn off the phone? Does it have to be destroyed? How does it stop indicating its location? (See? I said I don’t understand)

Ok-I am old, and I don’t necessarily understand how some stuff works…re: Jennifer’s cell phone-so it showed that it was in the vicinity of Waveny for approximately 40 minutes the morning of her disappearance. What likely happened to it after that? Is it enough to just turn off the phone? Does it have to be destroyed? How does it stop indicating its location? (See? I said I don’t understand)
According to Google, unless the NSA was involved, turning it off should've been enough.

"In most cases, when you turn your phone off—even if you do not remove the battery—it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down."

NSA Can Reportedly Track Phones Even When They're Turned Off

The CT Post has another article that references the search and also mentions a chambers meeting with KM tomorrow.....Interesting coincidences? (nice picture of the area)

We also need to remember the searches at the two properties in the Farmington area that also yielded no results. As the article quotes Brian Foley:

"Brian Foley, aide to Department of Emergency Management and Public Protection Commissioner James Rovella, described the search as a “standard investigative effort out of an abundance of caution.'"

New search in Jennifer Dulos case days before ‘informant’ to appear in judge’s chambers

According to Google, unless the NSA was involved, turning it off should've been enough.

"In most cases, when you turn your phone off—even if you do not remove the battery—it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down."

NSA Can Reportedly Track Phones Even When They're Turned Off

Ok, that’s what I thought…so if we assume that the phone was on at Waveny for 40 minutes, then 2 of the likely scenarios is that fD either tirned it off and left it there someplace, or he turned it off and tossed it out the window somewhere while he drove back towards Farmington (although these are not the only ones). Could he really have left her phone at Waveny? Somehow, I don’t think so.

Ok, that’s what I thought…so if we assume that the phone was on at Waveny for 40 minutes, then 2 of the likely scenarios is that fD either tirned it off and left it there someplace, or he turned it off and tossed it out the window somewhere while he drove back towards Farmington (although these are not the only ones). Could he really have left her phone at Waveny? Somehow, I don’t think so.
Same. I'm much more inclined to think it's in the brush off the Merritt somewhere. The only thing he might want to get rid of before he drove back would be JFD and a weapon (if one was used).

Was that Jennifer’s phone or someone named Almeida? I’m confused.

Another report on the recent JS court filing....Has a few more tidbits from JS's press conference after the hearing. JS is in his retirement (almost) glory, IMO. JS is well aware that the cost of the JFD investigation his no legal basis in a court of law. BUT, it might influence future jurors???? Wonder which judges he's citing here?

Of course, when Fotis Dulos takes his life, suddenly, they’ve spent millions of dollars, they were not going to be pursuing the charges against her, now they’ve got to be justifying millions of dollars,” spent on the investigation, Schoenhorn continued. “Many people, including judges, have said, ‘Gee, they don’t spend that kind of money when poor women in Hartford, from the inner city, women of color go missing.”

Schoenhorn said he was not yet certain whether that argument will become a centerpiece of his defense if the case goes to trial, calling it an “observation.”

Attorney: Troconis prosecution used to justify ‘millions’ spent on Jennifer Dulos search
This argument might work against him. As a CT tax payer, I definitely find it disheartening that so much has had to be spent on this investigation. But I don't think there is a person in the state who reads the news who doesn't believe MT knew more than she acknowledged in her multiple police interviews. The true question is how much of the bill should be charged back to her for not honestly cooperating from the get go.

MOO that's a long way to drag a body and eems like dogs would have got that trail.
Yet Brian Lundrie shows us, dogs never can be used to say a place is cleared or excluded, only that can be used to say there is a trail found.
I'm local and walk on the trail where her car was parked right across the street from the mulch dump. Not far at all and very little human traffic most of the time so feels like it actually would have been easy. But for that reason I had assumed the area was thoroughly searched at the time and surely something would have been found originally! To your point with all the time spent searching for Laundrie, apparently there isn't a foolproof technique.

The CT Post has another article that references the search and also mentions a chambers meeting with KM tomorrow.....Interesting coincidences? (nice picture of the area)

We also need to remember the searches at the two properties in the Farmington area that also yielded no results. As the article quotes Brian Foley:

"Brian Foley, aide to Department of Emergency Management and Public Protection Commissioner James Rovella, described the search as a “standard investigative effort out of an abundance of caution.'"

New search in Jennifer Dulos case days before ‘informant’ to appear in judge’s chambers

So interesting. I still hope a little!

I'm local and walk on the trail where her car was parked right across the street from the mulch dump. Not far at all and very little human traffic most of the time so feels like it actually would have been easy. But for that reason I had assumed the area was thoroughly searched at the time and surely something would have been found originally! To your point with all the time spent searching for Laundrie, apparently there isn't a foolproof technique.

She was very thin and I think he had muscles if not brains and a heart or soul. I remember the poison ivy… So many times, bodies don’t show up at first and then weather or animals or time change things. Around here, mushroom hunters seem to find bodies all the time. That’s good for investigations, I know, but yikes for the person who finds it. MOO.

This argument might work against him. As a CT tax payer, I definitely find it disheartening that so much has had to be spent on this investigation. But I don't think there is a person in the state who reads the news who doesn't believe MT knew more than she acknowledged in her multiple police interviews. The true question is how much of the bill should be charged back to her for not honestly cooperating from the get go.

This case has cost so much to investigate in my view because there are so many deliberate, extensive ways in which FD, MT, and their lot have used money, access, power, and confusion like in all the houses to complicate the issue. Once they unearth one criminal offense, that keeps leading to another and another. It’s crime upon crime, and people with money or the promise of more notoriety (NP) have stretched it out. Most cases don’t have these complicating factors. Just as I don’t think the murder of someone with no money or fame should go unaddressed, I also don’t think this murder of someone rich and with clout should go unaddressed, either. JFD’s money and FD’s and MT’s desire for it are primary elements, and, frankly, look at all the collateral time, money, and frustration MT and FD caused. I always have felt like in this case, some people and absolutely MT and company wanted/want to punish JFD for what she was and what she had because they were jealous. Yes, MT ought to be held responsible for dragging it all out with her lies in my view. MOO.

FD was building a house in New Canaan - 61 Sturbridge Hill Road which since foreclosed and went on auction. Waveny is a huge 300 acre park and many parts of it are wooded. There are no cameras. The cameras that picked up images of his car parked in the park on the side of a woody road were taken from school buses passing that morning.
I believe the Sturbridge Hill property has now successfully been sold. Ironically, the winning realtor's social media promo video included an actor who looked very much like FD returning home to his picture perfect family fresh off the commuter train in a sports car wearing a high end watch.

I'm local too and agree it could've been very easy for FD, a very strong man, to drag a 120 person in there. It's New Canaan...if someone is seen in the woods, most people would not necessarily think anything suspicious. You would have thought that this part of the 300 acre park would have been the main focus 2.5 years ago. His and her car were adjacent to it?! Remember, a grave-type hole was found at Ken M.'s gun club with lime which can disguise smells. Victims are constantly found in "previously searched" areas. Let's hope this is the case so that her family can have closure on this aspect of her horrible death.

This is the mulch field they are investigating right now and the Suburban and FD's pick up were caught on camera just further ahead on the right where the area is more wooded. The strong smell of mulch could have thrown off any dogs searching here years ago. I am familiar with the park and could see how someone could go in there and dig a hole, especially if it were a bit dark out. After 2.5 years, the police would not just start looking there if not for a solid lead, I would think. The zip ties could have been used to make it easier for him to transport her body. Though she was small, it's easier to move someone if the legs and arms are secured. Did he intend to kill her in such a bloody fashion? Perhaps not, but rage likely got in the way. I now don't believe he would have driven all the way to Farmington with a dead body in his pick up cab. The missing 15 minutes in his timeline could have been him covering her up in this very area. Imagine if she's been there all this time.
While I agree it would have been really risky to drive all the way back with the body, the fact that bloody zip ties and her clothes were found in Hartford (plus the long time spent at 80MS that afternoon, the bloody paper towels that looked like coffee he handed to MT there) suggests in that case a more elaborate (and for sure messy and risky) operation in the garage at Welles to get all that off, after which he brought back all that evidence for disposal in Hartford, which would be odd if he left the body in NC- wouldn’t he dump it somewhere like S. Norwalk or Bridgeport on the way home instead of taking it back to Farmington? There were also two plastic ponchos with blood on them, one with the hood cut off, and 2 mops, found in Hartford, suggesting a two person operation.
MOO.

All of it.

What is the over and under on news today regarding yesterday’s search, and the finding of the skeleton in Harwinton? Probably unlikely to hear anything at all this week, but I plan to be paying closer attention than I have recently done.
Here’s more about the area where the human remains were found this weekend in Harwinton- long history of dumping bodies there back in the 80s and 90s. So perhaps related to that.

The area where Ms. Muskus' remains were found is well known to police and locals as a notorious spot for illegal activity and dead bodies. In total, five bodies have been found in or near the Campville area over the last 20 years. A sixth was found approximately eight miles away.” (Article dated 2006)
Body Count at 5; Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member