Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link:

Troconis and Mawhinney were charged with conspiracy to commit murder. They have also denied having anything to do with the disappearance of Jennifer.

In the warrant for his arrest, police said Mawhinney changed his story about his whereabouts leading up to and after Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Mawhinney’s lawyers have said the state does not have a strong case against him.

In October, Mawhinney was arrested, accused of tampering with his GPS ankle monitor.

Bond for him was reduced from $1.5 million to $246,000.

His attorney, Lee Gold, said Mawhinney was released Thursday and the court imposed a home detention condition that allows Mawhinney to leave home under certain circumstances.

I agree that Mawhinney release on bond was odd, but in the frame of equal justice, since they are letting MT roam free, it's only fitting that KM is granted bond again. I honestly don't see this case ever going to justice. I expect it will be dismissed sometime 2023 for lack of? (Maybe interest, maybe evidence, maybe the state of CT doesn't care any longer). Sad, but MOO only.

I agree that Mawhinney release on bond was odd, but in the frame of equal justice, since they are letting MT roam free, it's only fitting that KM is granted bond again. I honestly don't see this case ever going to justice. I expect it will be dismissed sometime 2023 for lack of? (Maybe interest, maybe evidence, maybe the state of IF MT goes back to Bowmandoesn't care any longer). Sad, but MOO only.

Maybe Schoenhorn will take another dramatic miss-step?

Both of the remaining accused hired competent defense attorneys. MT at least at the beginning, now, not so sure, although he has kept her out for many, many months.

So possibly the message from the Connecticut courts is -- ladies, in Connecticut that marriage license means that you've signed everything, and we do mean everything, everything your father worked for over his lifetime, and your own life, over to your husband & his future mistress(es.)

Isn't Mawhinney the one who sent a guy to his soon-to-be-ex and children's home to "fix" the garage door with a few gallons of gasoline & a crowbar???

1671282749176.png

Both of the remaining accused hired competent defense attorneys. MT at least at the beginning, now, not so sure, although he has kept her out for many, many months.

So possibly the message from the Connecticut courts is -- ladies, in Connecticut that marriage license means that you've signed everything, and we do mean everything, everything your father worked for over his lifetime, and your own life, over to your husband & his future mistress(es.)

Isn't Mawhinney the one who sent a guy to his soon-to-be-ex and children's home to "fix" the garage door with a few gallons of gasoline & a crowbar???

View attachment 388215

The two cases against KM involving his ex-spouse that were continued for better than three years were finally resolved last June.

6/20/22

Suspended lawyer Kent D. Mawhinney, who has lived in South Windsor and Manchester and was accused of raping his estranged wife, emerged Friday with no rape conviction but with a conviction for violating a family violence protective order issued after he was accused of the rape.

The lawyer, Kent D. Mawhinney, 56, received a five-year suspended sentence and three years’ probation in Hartford Superior Court for violating the protective order, online court records show.

A murder conspiracy charge remains pending against him in Stamford Superior Court. He is accused of conspiring with the late Fotis Dulos of Farmington in the murder of Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos. Mawhinney is free on $246,000 bond in that case, online court record show.

View attachment 388215

Crowbar man and his gas can. (Didn't this guy get caught?)

The grave dug at the gun club was for his soon to be ex-wife.

JMO

Last edited:
Yes he did try to flee when LE came after him initially. I think you make a great point @LosAngeles. Imo - He has the demeanor of a man with nothing to lose - and that may be so. I believe the judge should have kept him locked up. Desperate people do desperate things. Esp when their judgement is impaired as KM’s seems to be.
He seems to be on house arrest now so maybe they can keep closer tabs on him.

Thing is, they don’t always monitor so closely-I don’t have a good feeling about this.

Last edited:
@Tink56 - wondering if there might be a hearing coming up for KM? I have MT on 2/23/23.

TIA! - and a
Happy New Year Smiley

Happy New Year to everyone following. It will be soon 4 years since Jennifer was killed. Will we ever know what really happened to her since Fotis Dulos if not here? Will there ever be Justice for Jennifer?
Mamaglori-absolutely nothing would surprise me in this case; Connecticut doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to get this over with.

Information is accurate as of January 04, 2023 04:50 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: MAWHINNEY KENTRepresented By: 007660 BUTLER N & GOLD
Birth Year: 1965Times on the Docket: 26
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241179-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$246,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Multiple Bonds
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:On the Trial List, To Be ScheduledTrial List Date:
12/15/2022 9:00 AM​
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
KM on trial list, to be scheduled

Information is accurate as of January 04, 2023 04:50 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 37
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR19-0167364-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:9/5/2019
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$100,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Pre-TrialNext Court Date:
2/23/2023 9:00 AM​
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/26/2019Not Guilty
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019Not Guilty
MT next court date is still scheduled to be on 2/23/23

While we patiently wait for justice for Jennifer, thought might like to see a bit of justice handed to Fotis lawyer, good old Norm.
What did they call him-a prominent CT lawyer? More clients for Jon Schoenhorn, I guess…

What did they call him-a prominent CT lawyer? More clients for Jon Schoenhorn, I guess…

Does anyone know if JS motion to have case moved to Hartford was decided by the court? Here's an article in CT Law Trib about it--

“The law is clear,” Schoenhorn said. “You must be tried in the judicial district where the crime is alleged to have occurred. … They’ve illegally manipulated the case to have it be down in Stamford, and they’re just holding on to it.”

Beyond that, Schoenhorn said the location isn’t what’s important here.

“Legally and constitutionally, I believe it should be in Hartford, but that’s not the point of my motion,” Schoenhorn said. “The motion is not a backdoor way of getting a change of venue. It’s based on the fact that these two, maybe three, troopers engaged in misconduct, and the state should not get any kind of reward for following through with that misconduct.”

A hearing is set for November for the judge to rule on the motions.

Does anyone know if JS motion to have case moved to Hartford was decided by the court? Here's an article in CT Law Trib about it--

“The law is clear,” Schoenhorn said. “You must be tried in the judicial district where the crime is alleged to have occurred. … They’ve illegally manipulated the case to have it be down in Stamford, and they’re just holding on to it.”

Beyond that, Schoenhorn said the location isn’t what’s important here.

“Legally and constitutionally, I believe it should be in Hartford, but that’s not the point of my motion,” Schoenhorn said. “The motion is not a backdoor way of getting a change of venue. It’s based on the fact that these two, maybe three, troopers engaged in misconduct, and the state should not get any kind of reward for following through with that misconduct.”

A hearing is set for November for the judge to rule on the motions.

From my notes - this was not discussed at the Nov. hearings. Just the motions to get rid of each other...

10/18/22 Update: No info on what was discussed, but there will be a hearing on 11/29/22 & if needed, 11/30, about the state’s motion to disqualify Jon Schoenhorn as Troconis’ attorney. He filed his own motion to disqualify this state’s attorney’s office. “Schoenhorn should be disqualified,” the state wrote, for two reasons. First, prosecutors argued, “he is likely to be a necessary witness in the impending trial, and thus there is a compelling need for his testimony.” Second, they asserted, “he is laboring under a potential conflict of interest with a likelihood of it developing into a substantial actual conflict.”
11/29/22 Update: Due to a judge being out today & therefore cases being moved around, Troconis' hearing was pushed from 10am to 2pm. The State & defense met in Judge's chambers to discuss the many pending motions in the case, including the reciprocal motions to have attorneys from each side removed. The hearing will continue tomorrow, 11/30/22.
11/30/22: Schoenhorn & prosecutors in the case have called for the removal of each other over the handling of a sweatshirt that both sides contend may be evidence in the case. As recently as Monday, Schoenhorn filed a memorandum opposing his removal as Troconis' attorney while seeking deep sanctions against prosecutors. Schoenhorn now wants a judge to either dismiss the case against his client or replace the state police Western District Major Crime Squad, which has been investigating the death of Jennifer Dulos for more than three years, with another unit & transfer the court case to a different jurisdiction. Schoenhorn will be represented by attorney John Gulash during the hearing in February. On Tuesday, the parties essentially met with the Judge in chambers. They returned for a brief hearing today, Wednesday when Judge Gary White said he will hear arguments about the requests to disqualify the defense & prosecution in the case on 2/23/23.

It’s been a minute since I’ve checked in on this case and I still don’t know where I stand on Michelle’s alleged involvement. I can’t fathom why someone in her position would prefer to live out so many years in court as public enemy No. 1 (with Folis gone) than sing like a canary. Surely there was no shortage of offers made to her at the time that would’ve been a worthwhile exchange for her cooperation. I guess I just can’t imagine taking any pertinent info to your grave could be worth it when it comes at the expense of not only your own reputation but also the peace of mind of your children and family. Unless she is that confident in Jennifer’s remains never being found.

Last edited:
From my notes - this was not discussed at the Nov. hearings. Just the motions to get rid of each other...

10/18/22 Update: No info on what was discussed, but there will be a hearing on 11/29/22 & if needed, 11/30, about the state’s motion to disqualify Jon Schoenhorn as Troconis’ attorney. He filed his own motion to disqualify this state’s attorney’s office. “Schoenhorn should be disqualified,” the state wrote, for two reasons. First, prosecutors argued, “he is likely to be a necessary witness in the impending trial, and thus there is a compelling need for his testimony.” Second, they asserted, “he is laboring under a potential conflict of interest with a likelihood of it developing into a substantial actual conflict.”
11/29/22 Update: Due to a judge being out today & therefore cases being moved around, Troconis' hearing was pushed from 10am to 2pm. The State & defense met in Judge's chambers to discuss the many pending motions in the case, including the reciprocal motions to have attorneys from each side removed. The hearing will continue tomorrow, 11/30/22.
11/30/22: Schoenhorn & prosecutors in the case have called for the removal of each other over the handling of a sweatshirt that both sides contend may be evidence in the case. As recently as Monday, Schoenhorn filed a memorandum opposing his removal as Troconis' attorney while seeking deep sanctions against prosecutors. Schoenhorn now wants a judge to either dismiss the case against his client or replace the state police Western District Major Crime Squad, which has been investigating the death of Jennifer Dulos for more than three years, with another unit & transfer the court case to a different jurisdiction. Schoenhorn will be represented by attorney John Gulash during the hearing in February. On Tuesday, the parties essentially met with the Judge in chambers. They returned for a brief hearing today, Wednesday when Judge Gary White said he will hear arguments about the requests to disqualify the defense & prosecution in the case on 2/23/23.
Thank you for the good info. My feeling is that Norm Pattis will also be called as a witness by the state. B/c who else would've gotten that pail with the sweatshirt (and some tools) in it right from the time NP got Dulos' case? Employee Pawel said he found it in his truck after FD returned it, and he left it in Dulos' laundry room? After Dulos died was that evidence transferred to MT's then atty (Bowman) and then to Schoenhorn?

Thank you for the good info. My feeling is that Norm Pattis will also be called as a witness by the state. B/c who else would've gotten that pail with the sweatshirt (and some tools) in it right from the time NP got Dulos' case? Employee Pawel said he found it in his truck after FD returned it, and he left it in Dulos' laundry room? After Dulos died was that evidence transferred to MT's then atty (Bowman) and then to Schoenhorn?

Pattis appealed to the Judge for a delay in his suspension from last week.

DENIED. DENIED. DENIED.

My Favorite Quote from the article -- "Norm Pattis ... is warned by Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her."

IMO.

CT judge denies Alex Jones lawyer Norm Pattis’ request to delay his suspension​

Rob Ryser Updated: Jan. 12, 2023 10:52 a.m. Facebook Twitter Email​

Rob RyserJan. 11, 2023
Alex Jones' attorney Norm Pattis, right, is warned by Judge Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her during the Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation damages trial at Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, Conn. Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.

Alex Jones' attorney Norm Pattis, right, is warned by Judge Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her during the Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation damages trial at Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, Conn. Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.
Christian Abraham/Hearst Connecticut Media

WATERBURY — A Connecticut judge has denied Alex Jones lawyer Norm Pattis’ request to delay his six-month suspension for sharing protected medical records of Sandy Hook families with other Jones lawyers.

It could not be immediately confirmed Wednesday afternoon whether the decision by state Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis would disqualify Pattis from representing an accused seditionist when that trial begins Thursday in Washington, D.C., but Pattis suggested it would bench him.

“I suspect I will be out of the Joe Biggs case today,” Pattis tweeted shortly after Bellis’ decision, referring to a suspected ringleader in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol who Pattis represents. “Although unplanned, six months off sounds good about now.”
Pattis, who was suspended for six months by Bellis on Jan. 5 for sharing medical records of Sandy Hook families with Jones’ lawyers who were not involved in a Connecticut defamation case, hoped not be barred from practicing law in Washington, D.C. under a reciprocal process.
“Attorney Pattis is presently waiting to end jury selection and begin opening arguments in the (trial of Joseph Biggs and others) where a motion for emergency order is pending seeking an order permitting him to remain in that case, and that court has indicated that the decision of this court in the present matter will factor into its decision,” wrote Pattis’ law partner, Kevin Smith, in a motion to Bellis on Wednesday.
Pattis had already informed U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly in an emergency motion to remain on the sedition case that Bellis was “unlikely” to delay Pattis’ suspension, in which case Pattis intended to ask Connecticut Supreme Court for an emergency delay.
Kelly had not ruled on Pattis’ emergency motion by Thursday morning.
Despite Pattis’ tweet suggesting that his six months off from practicing law “sounds good about now,” he appealed to Bellis on Wednesday to delay his suspension, saying that it was taking a toll on him.
Pattis noted that he has “taken down his blog page, and letters of notice have gone out to all of his clients.”
“(T)he injury (Pattis) has suffered and would continue to suffer as a result of immediate implementation of the suspension order is easily calculable and its weight grows by the day like so much interest,” Smith wrote to Bellis on Thursday.
Bellis' refusal to delay Pattis' suspension is the latest fallout from the $1.5 billion in defamation judgments awarded to Sandy Hook families after jury trials in Texas and Connecticut last year. The judgments, which plunged Jones into personal bankruptcy, are being appealed.
Pattis told Hearst Connecticut Media shortly after the Connecticut trial concluded that he was at a crossroads as a result of representing Jones.
The suspension is the first discipline on Pattis’ 30-year record.
“Next stop, Supreme Court,” Pattis tweeted.
Reach Rob Ryser at rryser@newstimes.com or 203-731-3342

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member