Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

5/15/23

Mawhinney appeared in state Superior Court in Stamford Monday on motions submitted by his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, to modify the conditions of his release.

Kestenband argued Mawhinney had been compliant with the conditions of his house arrest since it was imposed five months ago, when his client was released after posting a $246,000 bond on Dec. 15.

“There have not been any problems even with him leaving the house without permission or any problems with him charging the electronic monitoring bracelet, that is still on and we are not asking to have removed today,” Kestenband said.

Supervisory State’s Attorney Michelle Manning did not object to house arrest being lifted. The state’s main concern, she said, is that GPS monitoring continue for Mawhinney, “particularly in light of events last fall.”

[..]

In October, Mawhinney was taken back into custody on a $1.5 million bond after a judge ruled that he had tampered with his mandated electronic monitoring device.

Judge Gary White later lowered Mawhinney’s bond back to $246,000 in December. Mawhinney eventually posted that bond and was placed on house arrest.

At Monday’s hearing, White ruled that Mawhinney would no longer need to serve house arrest. White also approved a request from Mawhinney to travel to Massachusetts on May 16 for a family-related event.

I was speaking with a friend who was a town employee when the murder occurred. He remembers hearing the SUV, I believe a Chevy Suburban's alarm going off when presumably Fotis got out, he said the alarm went off for a good half minute before he figured how to disarm it. He really thinks there was someone else at the house to clean up after the murder. And the transfer of the black garbage bags having the crime scene evidence would have had to happen before he got to Waveny to park the Suburban.

There was this strange death last year not far from where the Chevy Suburban was parked after the Dulos murder.

I'm new here, please move it if it is inappropriate.

A friend who works at Waveny near where this happened found it somewhat suspicious. It was reported as a self-immolation, yet when the state examined the body they found a bullet hole, I believe in the head. How does someone set themselves on fire and also kill themselves with a gun? He was a good friend and active member in the AA community and some of the members thought there may have been foul play.

Again this post can be moved just don't know where it belongs.

The strange thing about this other case is that public attention moved on when they assumed it was a suicide--someone who was so depressed as to take his own life by burning himself up.

As bad as the Dulos case was, Jennifer was from a very rich family and attention on her murder has been nuclear. Yet she had no ties to New Canaan except for moving here to insulate herself from her husband who I believe she was a few days before when due to the custody rules he was able to see the kids. Again--neither she nor her now dead husband had any ties to New Canaan.

In this case how would you go about inquiring about the state police report? Burned body found in New Canaan park identified

And Al Fletcher, who was identified in this article was a hard working local community member, worked at the Ring's End lumber supply company for nearly 20 years and sober for many years too in AA.

The strange thing about this other case is that public attention moved on when they assumed it was a suicide--someone who was so depressed as to take his own life by burning himself up.

As bad as the Dulos case was, Jennifer was from a very rich family and attention on her murder has been nuclear. Yet she had no ties to New Canaan except for moving here to insulate herself from her husband who I believe she was a few days before when due to the custody rules he was able to see the kids. Again--neither she nor her now dead husband had any ties to New Canaan.

In this case how would you go about inquiring about the state police report? Burned body found in New Canaan park identified

And Al Fletcher, who was identified in this article was a hard working local community member, worked at the Ring's End lumber supply company for nearly 20 years and sober for many years too in AA.

Not familiar with Ring's End -- quite familiar with Weed & Duryea at one time!

Not familiar with Ring's End -- quite familiar with Weed & Duryea at one time!
Rings End is the quality option still left. Home Depot drove a lot of the smaller lumber companies out of business though Ring's End has a few branches.

I spoke to the local police who referred me to the state police on getting a police report on the death at Waveny Park last year. I spoke to one of their barracks who said that I could come in to file for a report, which may or may not be redacted.

4 years already, with no justice in sight for Jennifer and her family. I think by this time 4 years ago, she was dead, and fD was in the cleanup phase. I wonder what all of them were thinking? Was Michelle focused on creating her alibi, and maintaining one for fD? Did she have any thought at all for how devastating this would be for 5 little children? Did she have any inkling that fD was using her, and did she know how little respect fD had to have for her and for KM, to involve them? There are so many layers to this awful event, and fD decided to check out and leave MT and KM to face the music-does MT now know that fD doesn’t love her, and never did, even while he allowed her to put herself in legal jeopardy for him? There aren’t words bad enough to call him-but so far, the Troconis family cannot seem to throw shade at him, like they have at Jennifer and her family. That is quite telling, to me.

MAY 24, 2023
[...]

COVID-19 caused delays for the trials, but the cases for Troconis and Mawhinney are still ongoing. Troconis is due back in court on May 26 for the pre-trial and Mawhinney is on the trial list to be scheduled.

Both have denied having anything to do with Jennifer's disappearance.

Jennifer's five children, who were between the ages of 8 and 13 when she disappeared, now live with their grandmother in New York.

[...]

Jennifer Farber Dulos: 4 Years Since Her Disappearance

Article has a statement from the family via Carrie Luft
Such a sad anniversary with those two accomplices "dangling" out there and the court process so head shaking IMO
This is the classiest finger in the eye of MT and KM (and their families) that can be imagined. It’s Jennifer’s family’s way of saying that they have not only not forgotten Jennifer, but they haven’t forgotten the involvement of those two lowriders.

Also.... with the passage of time, MT loses any attempt to claim DV from FD as a defense. She's had four years free of any influence from him, plenty of time to look up the number for LE and tell them what the monster made her do. Nope, no new insight, MT, in light of what happened back then? Nothing to share with LE that clicks for you now? How the monster manipulated you and you feared for your life if you didn't comply and now you realize you were used? And you're heartsick over your role in Jennifer's death and disposal and devastated for the children who lost her. Yeah, no. None of that.

Her deep ties to the community, *poof*.

Her rosary-wearing religious self, capable of empathy? Nope. Still focused on her freedom.

The only plus here is that WHEN (not if) this goes to trial, she has no defense. None.

FD literally left her holding the (trash) bag (the one with Jennifer's bloody clothes in it IIRC and her fingerprints on the rim.)

Guilty as sin.

JMO

Last edited:
Marissa Alter &
X
4h • g
MICHELLE TROCONIS CASE: Attorney Jon
Schoenhorn has made an additional filing against the state's motion to remove him from the case. It says that it's become apparent neither side will use the blue sweatshirt that was turned over to state police in 2021 at trial, which means there would be no reason for the state to call Schoenhorn as a witness. The potential for that was the reasoning behind the state's motion to disqualify Schoenhorn. This filing asks the judge to deny the motion as moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1