Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of the date 3/20/19? This is the starting date that LE used when they did the search warrant on all of the phones. 3/20/19-date of the SW…Is there a significance, or would that date be arbitrary, because they chose to go back about two months from when Jennifer was murdered?

Last edited:
Thanks, @waldojabba for your local perspective. In your opinion, do you think the publicity on this case has been less in the Hartford area than in Stamford?

All I can think of is that Stamford is closer to NY -- where GF and the children reside. Nonetheless, a family that's remained very quiet and private -- versus the defendant. JMO
Even KM has kept his trap shut. As odious as he is, he hasn’t once tried to drag Jennifer, or portray himself as the “real victim” in this case. I am wondering if MT’s innocence campaign on X is having the desired effect?

I really do wonder what Schoenhorn thinks a change of venue will do for them? I mean, he may find a friendlier judge, but if he thinks that a Hartford jury will suit him better, he might be mistaken. His jury might be made up of people from Farmington, some of whom may be people like Jennifer. He can eliminate people who knew the Duloses, but he only has so many opportunities to do that. Some jurors may resent that FD and MT dumped evidence in their neighborhood, if they are actually from that area of Hartford. His Hartford jury might not be as helpful as Schoenhorn and Troconis think.
I live in New Canaan and grew up in CT on the other side of Farmington. It’s a small state and we all know about this case; it’s been heavily reported on in both Stamford and Hartford. JS must have some other reason, possibly just his own personal convenience.

^^rsbm

Burden is on the defense.

This request for a change of venue is truly Shoenhorn's last effort to get the case to Hartford after failing every other attempt in various courts over two years.

I trust the prosecution will bring up these previous efforts if in fact the defense truly believed there was legitimate cause for a change of venue (i.e., prejudicial pretrial publicity). This isn't something that happens overnight (or since MT started tweeting)!

What is it -- Stamford to Hartford, maybe two hours north?
Not even. 1.5 hour and news headlines of this type are broadcast statewide. It would make more sense if he was asking to move this to Denmark or Thailand.

It is hard to say without being in court and listening to the back and forth between defense /prosecution/ judge, but my guess is that when all is said and done JS will not prevail on any of his motions to any significant extent. They are all without substance imo.

That will put us at the juncture of plea time imo. I think JS will then go to the state and suggest a deal and then the negotiation begins ( protocol wise I guess the state could also approach JS ). I believe that is why Gloria was in court. It's getting around to pedal to the metal time. My assumption would be that Gloria had others with her like perhaps Weinstein /family/trusted friend.

I think that she wanted to
-let MT and her family feel her physical presence and understand that Jennifer has in no way has been forgotten, nor has Gloria taken her eye off the ball
- to get the feel of the proceedings/ assess the court dynamics and evaluate the strengths of the prosecution/defense/judge

Above all, she will have the well being of the children in mind while sitting there. They were aged 8-13 when Jennifer was murdered so four years later they are all pretty much teenagers. A trial will be nationally reported on and bring all the past back in to focus. I don't know that the media would be as respectful of the family's privacy as they were four years ago.

IMO she must decide what serves the best interests of the children while at the same time honor her murdered daughter. What does she think Jennifer would want her to do. Such an heart wrenching position. My heart goes out to this mother./grandmother. I trust whatever she decides will be for the best. ALLJMO
Very insightful and makes so much sense that Jennifer and her mother would prefer a quieter resolution in best interest of the kids. But still a resolution and the closure that they deserve.

Well, doing it before Jennifer’s murder makes it much worse, I think. I’m sorry somebody was huffy about it to you-not kind. This is the kind of stuff that sits in the back of my head, contributing to my thinking that she is anything but innocent of the charges. She may not understand that she didn’t have to be present and active when Jennifer was murdered, and that she didn’t have to touch her remains, in order to be part of this conspiracy. There just seem to be too many things that point to her involvement-things that a person wouldn’t ordinarily do, and that she cannot explain. On Facebook someone suggested that her team may be stretching this period before trial out, so JS can argue this last 4 years as her “confinement”, and thus, time already served so she doesn’t spend time in prison. And-it could end up that way, but she’d still be a convicted felon.
Wow. At this point I’m sure she could care less about being a convicted felon - like mother like daughter. Just happy to keep living her best life.

What is the significance of the date 3/20/19? This is the starting date that LE used when they did the search warrant on all of the phones. 3/20/19-date of the SW…Is there a significance, or would that date be arbitrary, because they chose to go back about two months from when Jennifer was murdered?
3/20/2019 was the date custody orders were modified; permitted more court-monitored communications by text & email between JFD and FD and allowed court-supervised visitation. Prior to modification, JFD had full physical custody and communications were restricted by court order.

I live in New Canaan and grew up in CT on the other side of Farmington. It’s a small state and we all know about this case; it’s been heavily reported on in both Stamford and Hartford. JS must have some other reason, possibly just his own personal convenience.
Heavily reported in New York, too. JS’s convenience in the matter cannot be discounted; I imagine that mT’s family also has to pay travel time, and I get a sense that they wouldn’t want to do it.

Got a little huffy over there, on X recently, for all of you not using X (formerly known as Twitter)…MT got busted for continually saying she didn’t even meet fD until 2016-proof from a court witness was produced, that said otherwise. Safe to say that she was not happy. She was tagging all kinds of people in the media with that, and other lies. Now, if she would lie about something that really is more of a “so what?” kind of situation, what would she do to keep herself out of prison? This is likely to come up in court this week-I really hope the judge says “why don’t you just stay off of Twitter?”

Got a little huffy over there, on X recently, for all of you not using X (formerly known as Twitter)…MT got busted for continually saying she didn’t even meet fD until 2016-proof from a court witness was produced, that said otherwise. Safe to say that she was not happy. She was tagging all kinds of people in the media with that, and other lies. Now, if she would lie about something that really is more of a “so what?” kind of situation, what would she do to keep herself out of prison? This is likely to come up in court this week-I really hope the judge says “why don’t you just stay off of Twitter?”
The license plates FD attempted to ditch in the storm drain--what vehicle did they come off of?

The license plates FD attempted to ditch in the storm drain--what vehicle did they come off of?
Nobody’s asked her that yet-but I am wondering, too. She was right next to him, opening the door just as he needed her to, and not closing it until he was done getting rid of it. It isn’t possible that she didn’t see him slip it into the storm drain, inches away from her.

Nobody’s asked her that yet-but I am wondering, too. She was right next to him, opening the door just as he needed her to, and not closing it until he was done getting rid of it. It isn’t possible that she didn’t see him slip it into the storm drain, inches away from her.
There were said to be tools found in that red bucket with the sweatshirt. They said the DNA test results were inconclusive as to whether they had MT's DNA on them. Could those tools have been used to take the plates off whatever vehicle they came from?

There were said to be tools found in that red bucket with the sweatshirt. They said the DNA test results were inconclusive as to whether they had MT's DNA on them. Could those tools have been used to take the plates off whatever vehicle they came from?
Absolutely-I mean, I think she knows all about those plates, and all about the tools-but inconclusive DNA results might as well be negative for her DNA, I think. I personally can totally see her being responsible for removing those plates from the truck while fD manages something else. I wonder why he got rid of the plates in the first place-why not just remove the tape they doctored them with and put the plates back where they originally were? The tape must have damaged the plates and they couldn’t.

Absolutely-I mean, I think she knows all about those plates, and all about the tools-but inconclusive DNA results might as well be negative for her DNA, I think. I personally can totally see her being responsible for removing those plates from the truck while fD manages something else. I wonder why he got rid of the plates in the first place-why not just remove the tape they doctored them with and put the plates back where they originally were? The tape must have damaged the plates and they couldn’t.
LE could've found out from DMV what vehicle they were once on. If from PG's vehicle, would seem odd, if they were trying to frame him. IMO. But his plates must've been on his truck when they returned it. Were they from JFD's suburban?

LE could've found out from DMV what vehicle they were once on. If from PG's vehicle, would seem odd, if they were trying to frame him. IMO. But his plates must've been on his truck when they returned it. Were they from JFD's suburban?
the plates definitely belonged to fD, according to motor vehicles, but I can’t remember which car. It was one they no longer had, or was no longer on the road. I can see why the plates were doctored, just not sure why fD would bother getting rid of them, since it was one more thing that made him appear guilty, if they were ever found. Why not just un-doctor them, and put them back where they had been keeping them? Same with the bike-why get rid of it? It wasn’t that distinctive; bikes with those kind of handlebars still exist.

Last edited:
the plates definitely belonged to fD, according to motor vehicles, but I can’t remember which car. It was one they no longer had, or was no longer on the road. I can see why the plates were doctored, just not sure why fD would bother getting rid of them, since it was one more thing that made him appear guilty, if they were ever found. Why not just un-doctor them, and put them back where they had been keeping them? Same with the bike-why get rid of it? It wasn’t that distinctive; bikes with those kind of handlebars still exist.
I agree with your "whys" about the plates. But the bike was said to be distinctive--a European model, AIR LE said--and that they found an impression of the bike's insignia on discarded tape--so that must've been taped over too. Possibly LE found it was the same kind of tape used on the plates? And I wonder if fingerprints were on the tape?

I get my daily laugh there on X (Twitter). Another reporter blocked her nonsense.

I agree. And regarding the plates:

5 key pieces of evidence in the search for Jennifer Dulos

"Detectives later searched the area and recovered two Connecticut license plates that had been altered with adhesive and tape, the warrants state. The plate was connected to a canceled registration for a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban belonging to Fotis Dulos, according to the warrant."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia