Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. Couldn’t have come at a better time.

1) I absolutely wouldn’t put anything past the FD family, giving past behavior and willful blindness. The sticky fingers and an attempt to insinuate themselves (possibly financially) are a risk as long as the children are alive, IMO. What a forward-thinking gift to the children from their loving grandmama.

2) Also, if JfD is declared deceased, what happens to a GGirl strategy? I didn’t think this is going to be the approach. The defense’s attempt to unseal JFD’s health records unnerves me, though.

MOO
As far as I know, they (the defense) are not allowed to raise JFD’s health records, but it won’t surprise me if they do try. If their goal is to claim she may have committed suicide, I hope those jurors realize that nobody can cause themselves that kind of injury and disappear themselves for good, on the very same day that Fotis Dulos just happens to shave his head and drive his employee’s truck to a spot very near Jennifer’s home. Just imagine the coincidence! And imagine her committing suicide on the very same day that she dumped her bloody clothing and other stuff on his front lawn-my god! What a woman! She is bleeding badly, but still capable of leaving her car at Waveny Park, then somehow manages to get blood all over Pawel Gumienny’s truck, THEN somehow manages to get up to Farmington with all of that evidence, that fD realizes he has to get rid of! All while she is bleeding to death, and nobody notices!

As far as I know, they (the defense) are not allowed to raise JFD’s health records, but it won’t surprise me if they do try. If their goal is to claim she may have committed suicide, I hope those jurors realize that nobody can cause themselves that kind of injury and disappear themselves for good, on the very same day that Fotis Dulos just happens to shave his head and drive his employee’s truck to a spot very near Jennifer’s home. Just imagine the coincidence! And imagine her committing suicide on the very same day that she dumped her bloody clothing and other stuff on his front lawn-my god! What a woman! She is bleeding badly, but still capable of leaving her car at Waveny Park, then somehow manages to get blood all over Pawel Gumienny’s truck, THEN somehow manages to get up to Farmington with all of that evidence, that fD realizes he has to get rid of! All while she is bleeding to death, and nobody notices!
I know… it’s ludicrous.
Even calling that movie “Gone Mom” galled me. Sensationalistic, trivializing. IMO.

What could she specifically mean, protecting the assets-and from whom? I didn’t think there were really any assets for the children, from either of the parents, unless they mean from some kind of trust fund of Jennifer’s, if she had one, or bequest from Gloria Farber, if she died. Who would they need to protect the assets from? Not fD’s family…? I mean, we already know they have no problem taking things that don’t belong to them (furnishings), but would they dare?

The language by the petitioner (protect Jennifer's assets) would apply to any decedent. Here, Jennifer is clearly dead and her death entitles her estate to be legally probated like any other death where claims can be settled and her assets properly transferred per her LW&T, and in accordance with state and federal laws.

During probate, creditors/parties with claims have a limited period to file their claims with the Court, where legitimate claims will be satisfied, state and federal tax returns filed, taxes paid, and final distributions of her assets made. What's different for Jennifer is that CT required a 7 year waiting period before Jennifer could be legally declared dead and a death certificate issued.

Legally, Jennifer's husband died before her, there is no surviving spouse, his estate is closed, ending any Dulos' interest in Jennifer. MOO

Pawel Guimenny, who owned a red pickup truck that investigators said was used by Fotis Dulos in a plot to kill his estranged wife, will take the stand against Troconis with an agreement that he will have immunity from any criminal charges.

Guimenny is listed among about 250 people who may be called to testify or whose names could come up during the trial, which begins Thursday...

The list of potential witnesses and people whose names may come up at trial includes Gloria Farber, the mother of Jennifer Dulos who has been caring for her grandchildren since the disappearance.

The list, which was obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media Group, also includes judges and attorneys who have been involved in the case and the contentious Dulos divorce, as well as friends of Troconis and her family.

Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning's list of potential witnesses includes dozens of state troopers, police and investigators, two of the Dulos children and their babysitter Lauren Almeida who arrest warrants show told authorities the night of the disappearance that she believed Fotis Dulos may have done something to his estranged wife.

While not everyone on the list will end up testifying, Guimenny has been issued a subpoena to take the stand, his attorney said.

"Manning also included a friend of Fotis Dulos who police said called his cellphone around the time Jennifer Dulos was attacked in her garage. Federal authorities have also investigated the potential alibi call, which came from the man who was living in Greece, court documents show.

"Norm Pattis, who was Fotis Dulos' criminal defense attorney, is also on Manning's list even though he agreed in 2021 to a civil settlement with Farber and her family to not discuss Jennifer Dulos and her disappearance for 40 years after making controversial comments about the case."

According to a Alfred Branch in his Patch posting:
Carrie Luft, spokesperson for the Farber family and Jennifer's friends, said Tuesday that she will release a statement on Wednesday before the start of Troconis' trial on Thursday.

01/09/2024

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 01/10/2024. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

01/09/2024

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 01/10/2024. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.
It's so long in coming.

5 years.

Much to pick from but what I find most obscene about MT post arrest is her absolute disregard for children who lost their mother. I find her a disgrace. No compassion, no diplomacy, no decency.

Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe it.

Classless.

I hope her deeds are exposed in full.

Jmo

It's so long in coming.

5 years.

Much to pick from but what I find most obscene about MT post arrest is her absolute disregard for children who lost their mother. I find her a disgrace. No compassion, no diplomacy, no decency.

Classless.

Jmo
She and her family really, truly, look at MT as “the victim” here. It is absolutely outrageous, as far as I am concerned. Somebody on her defense team needs to point out to the Troconis family, just how tone deaf this is. Jennifer did not put her in this predicament; neither did her children or mother. The only one who did, was MT-she is the architect of all of her problems. It’s not a good look, by anyone’s estimation, except for in the Troconis family.

I am reerencing this article for my notes.

Wednesday, January 10th:
*Jury Selection set to begin (Day 2 of 2) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Sup Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T Dismissed on 8/28/20.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women).
Trial was set to begin on 1/8/24 is continued on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Jury Selection set to begin on 1/9/24 & on 1/10/24.
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 reference post #316 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-57.698903/page-16

10/23/23 Update: Darien-New Canaan Probate Court judge declares Jennifer Dulos dead. Dulos’ mother Gloria Farber petitioned for the decree in October 2023 in order to help protect Jennifer & her children’s assets.
1/9/24 Update: Pawel Guimenny, who owned a red pickup truck that investigators said was used by Fotis Dulos in a plot to kill his estranged wife, will take the stand against Troconis with an agreement that he will have immunity from any criminal charges.
1/9/24 Tuesday, Jury Selection Day 1: Lawyers for the state & Troconis were back in Superior Court in Stamford ahead of Troconis’ full trial. They are attempting to re-fill the alternate juror pool that has slowly dwindled as jurors have been excused for various personal reasons. Trial had to be delayed to call in more jurors. Four had been dismissed since their initial selection began back in October of 2023. Two more were selected on Tuesday, with only two left to fill. Potential jurors called Tuesday were told to review an extensive list of witnesses & people involved in the Dulos disappearance case, to ensure they are not connected to anyone involved with the case. They also answered questions including, do you regularly follow media reports about the case & can you avoid media reports for the duration of the trial? Have you posted about the case? And have you formed an opinion about the defendant? On Wednesday, the court will attempt to fill the final two jury vacancies. The judge raised a single concern about the quick turnaround on any jurors selected Wednesday, 1/10/24, because of the trials start date of Thursday, Jan. 11.
Jury selection continues on Wednesday, 1/10/24 with the trial now beginning Thursday, 1/11/24.
For more info see post #329 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-57.698903/page-17

It's so long in coming.

5 years.

Classless.

Jmo
There is a disconnect in MT that I think is exhibited every time we see her or read about her actions etc. I don’t know if she ever progressed out of a teenage adolescent mentality. She certainly does not appear to show up as a well adjusted adult or even just an adult in any of this. Her family rushes in and enables the childlike behavior. Seems she’s never really had to pay the piper/be held accountable for her actions.

She see’s nothing outside of her tunnel vision which only includes a small nucleus : Herself her child her family / she seems to pay no attention or process the bigger picture. As has been stated many times she does not see her behavior as participating in this crime just SOP. Being FD’s partner and assisting him. It’s her job of sorts - she supports herself financially by seemingly latching onto men with “means”. Nothing new in society. She wants a lifestyle.

Since she did not physically kill Jennifer and was not in new canaan , she does not feel culpable in any form or fashion for her murder. Sure she “fibbed”, told white lies etc to help her partner but surely that cannot be such a big deal. Just her usual SOP. I am sure her whole family thinks that the charges are unjust under unjust laws.

I somewhat blame their second attorney JS for allowing them to stay in that lala land if that’s where they are.
I do think JS has sold them a bill of goods.
When she is convicted, imo I see MT perhaps then filing for incompetent representation. Like Skakel did with Mickey Sherman.
Just my take / All JMO

There is a disconnect in MT that I think is exhibited every time we see her or read about her actions etc. I don’t know if she ever progressed out of a teenage adolescent mentality. She certainly does not appear to show up as a well adjusted adult or even just an adult in any of this. Her family rushes in and enables the childlike behavior. Seems she’s never really had to pay the piper/be held accountable for her actions.

She see’s nothing outside of her tunnel vision which only includes a small nucleus : Herself her child her family / she seems to pay no attention or process the bigger picture. As has been stated many times she does not see her behavior as participating in this crime just SOP. Being FD’s partner and assisting him. It’s her job of sorts - she supports herself financially by seemingly latching onto men with “means”. Nothing new in society. She wants a lifestyle.

Since she did not physically kill Jennifer and was not in new canaan , she does not feel culpable in any form or fashion for her murder. Sure she “fibbed”, told white lies etc to help her partner but surely that cannot be such a big deal. Just her usual SOP. I am sure her whole family thinks that the charges are unjust under unjust laws.

I somewhat blame their second attorney JS for allowing them to stay in that lala land if that’s where they are.
I do think JS has sold them a bill of goods.
When she is convicted, imo I see MT perhaps then filing for incompetent representation. Like Skakel did with Mickey Sherman.
Just my take / All JMO
I think you have explained the situation perfectly. We have all known people like MT-maybe they haven’t helped plan a killing, but they do whatever is good for them, without any concern for the collateral damage caused by it-they take no blame and are outraged by the suggestion that they should be held accountable for what they have done. On another social media site, someone who claimed to have known MT since childhood, claimed to have an “unpopular view” of the charges (the person did not think she was involved), because she knew MT to be “naive and trusting”. Well, so what? That doesn’t mean that you cannot also be held legally responsible for what you’ve done-and in any event, I don’t believe she is naive and trusting. I do think she might be rather stupid and mean.

I think you have explained the situation perfectly. We have all known people like MT-maybe they haven’t helped plan a killing, but they do whatever is good for them, without any concern for the collateral damage caused by it-they take no blame and are outraged by the suggestion that they should be held accountable for what they have done. On another social media site, someone who claimed to have known MT since childhood, claimed to have an “unpopular view” of the charges (the person did not think she was involved), because she knew MT to be “naive and trusting”. Well, so what? That doesn’t mean that you cannot also be held legally responsible for what you’ve done-and in any event, I don’t believe she is naive and trusting. I do think she might be rather stupid and mean.
Agree. The alibi script and the cleaning and the disposing of items with your DNA on them certainly does not absolve you from criminal activity. IMO, she COULD have alerted the police and prevented this catastrophe.

So well-stated.

We don't seek closure.... we hope the trial brings accountability....

Amen. A sad but solid amen.

JMO
Exactly right. Let’s see this to its hopefully inevitable conclusion-MT and KM in prison. We are really focused on MT, but let’s not forget about KM. He’s next, and when MT’s trial is done, he’ll have our full and undivided attention.

@MarissaAlter

HAPPENING NOW: We are back at Stamford Superior Court on the eve of Michelle Troconis’ trial in connection to the disappearance & presumed death of Jennifer Dulos in May 2019. The hope is to select 2 more alternate jurors to bring us to 6 alternates & 6 regular jurors.

10:44 AM · Jan 10, 2024

If they only get 1 alternate or don’t get any, the trial will still begin tomorrow at 10am. Troconis is accused of conspiring with her then-boyfriend, Fotis Dulos, to kill his estranged wife. Jennifer & Fotis Dulos were going through an ugly divorce & custody battle.

10:49 AM · Jan 10, 2024

Troconis has pleaded not guilty to all charges—conspiracy to commit murder, evidence tampering, conspiracy to commit evidence tampering, and hindering prosecution. Those are B, C, and D felonies—not A like murder—so the jury is 6 people, not 12.

10:51 AM · Jan 10, 2024

In Judge Randolph’s remarks to the jury, he said the trial is expected to take six weeks and the March 1 date that’s been given is an “over-estimate.”

11:01 AM · Jan 10, 2024

@MarissaAlter

About 20 potential jurors have been excused so far. We just had a moment of humor: the judge interjected and answered a question about where the potential juror’s HS was in NY. “You went there too?!” the man asked incredulously. Judge Randolph said yes but diff years.

12:40 PM · Jan 10, 2024

As this juror goes to leave after questioning, he turned to Randolph and said, “you have to tell me what year you graduated!” Randolph: “It’s not gonna happen.” And everyone laughed.

12:47 PM · Jan 10, 2024

Edited to include:

JUST IN: We have a fifth alternate juror. Both sides have agreed to stop here. We will go to trial with six regular jurors and five alternates.

12:49 PM · Jan 10, 2024

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members