Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Troconis family spoke outside court at the lunch break. Calling the entire situation a “tragedy” for all families involved and reiterating Michelle Troconis is innocent of all charges against her.

A tragedy for all families involved, but MT's attorney attempts to have the VICTIM's family and friends excluded from the courtroom.

Speaks louder than the microphone in front of the courthouse.

Geez now he wants to scratch JFd being referred to as a victim or even alleged victim because, if I heard him right, there's no evidence she is a victim of any conspiracy to murder.

OMG isn't that precisely what the trial is about????

JMO
Megnut, I missed whether the judge ruled on this motion today. Do you know? Or, did he defer his decision until later?

These officers are Canaan police. Tge officer whose bane I don't yet know us now describing the terrain and access relative to Waveny Park.

Describing their search along the trail near the Suburban.

(I have to stop watching due to an ill timed commitment! I'll resume asap.)
I couldn’t watch because I had an appointment to “get my wig smoked” (hair dyed). Ill-timed, indeed!

There is a note under the Law and Crime livestream that states both sides agreed to waive opening statements, but no reason was given.
I’ll bet I know why-Gloria Farber and her lawyer cut JS down at the knees the other day when they announced that Jennifer’s been declared dead. He didn’t want to dtart over again in such a short time.

Megnut, I missed whether the judge ruled on this motion today. Do you know? Or, did he defer his decision until later?
That tells me that they were considering a “no body, no murder” defense. When the official word came down that JFD was declared dead, one of the Troconises was PO’ed-on Twitter (sorry, X) they said “Is this a coincidence?”

The Troconis family spoke outside court at the lunch break. Calling the entire situation a “tragedy” for all families involved and reiterating Michelle Troconis is innocent of all charges against her.

So, the same tragedy for both? They are equating what their daughter is going through to what Jennifer went through? Is it the same exact tragedy for MT’s kid as it is for the Dulos kids? Sorry, but no.

Last edited:
For anyone who missed the morning/afternoon (like me!) events of the trial:

@MarissaAlter

HAPPENING NOW: Media set up at Stamford Superior Court waiting for Michelle Troconis to arrive for the start of her trial in connection to the disappearance and presumed murder of Jennifer Dulos.

JUST IN: Michelle Troconis has arrived with her legal team, family, and other supporters for the start of her trial in connection to the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos on May 24, 2019.

TROCONIS TRIAL: Looks like we're about to start

We begin with motions filed by the defense yesterday and this. First is to sequester witnesses for both sides.

State doesn't have a problem with it with the exception of members of Jennifer Dulos' family who are present in the courtroom.

Judge Kevin Randolph says consitutional provisions allow the victims' family to be present for the proceedings even if they're testifying. He will grant the sequester motion for all other witnesses.

Attorney Jon Schoenhorn doesn't want Jennifer Dulos referred to as "the victim," wants her known as Ms. Dulos or Jennifer. Says it would be different if perhaps Fotis Dulos was the defendant in this trial.

Judge says reference to "victim" would prejudicial but can say "alleged victim," which is what prosecution said was it plan anyway. So motion half-granted.

typo: should say *would be

Several other motions to preclude testimony, evidence, opinions, ect during trial. Most of those won't be argued today because won't come up today.

One that will be: Schoenhorn objects to witnesses saying "presumptive test for blood," or "blood-like substances." Wants them to refer to "red stain" or "brown stain.”

Prosecution objects. Judge denies the defense's motion on using the term "blood-like substance." Will take up the presumptive blood motion tomorrow.

The jury has been brought in. We'll get underway once they're sworn in.

Troconis is accused of plotting with her former boyfriend, Fotis Dulos, to kill his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos on 5/24/19. Troconis is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit evidence tampering, evidence tampering & hindering prosecution.

We just finished jury instructions. Quick break. Evidence to start at 11:30 am.

First witness for the state: Lt. Aaron Latourette with the New Canaan Police Department.

LaTourette was working in the patrol division on May 24, 2019. That night he responded to 69 Welles Lane, Jennifer Dulos' home, after a report of her missing. Jennifer Dulos' nanny had called police.

Officers responded to the home, which is on a dead-end cul de sac, around 7pm. The nanny said Jennifer Dulos was missing and never made it to a doctor's appointment earlier that day.

LaTourette: Officers went to the front door, rang doorbell, knocked, and there was no answer.

LaTourette: We walked the perimeter and didn't see anyone. Then used the code provided by the nanny to open the garage door and walk through.

LaTourette: it was a three car garage, center bay had a black SUV with NY registration plate. Left and right bays were empty. In the middle of garage was a door that led into the residence.

LaTourette: I looked at the vehicle and noticed what appeared to be red blood on it--"a red mark on the grill." Drew my attention bec it was a different color than the car. We discussed if it was from a deer but there was no hair with it.

Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning pulls up body cam footage from the other officer with LaTourette showing police walking through the house and garage. Says it's about 20 minutes.

So far, footage just shows them walking through the empty house with flashlights, going into every room and opening closets doors to see if Jennifer Dulos is anywhere.

You see them walking through the five children's rooms. At the time, Jennifer Dulos' kids were ages 8-13.

The search includes the attic and basement. In the kitchen they find Jennifer Dulos' handbag. A call comes over the police radio stating Jennifer Dulos' SUV has been found on Lapham Road.

Now the officers are back in the garage looking at the black Range Rover and notice what could be blood on it. "Deer?" one asks. "Strange."

Officers take pictures of the car. Note what looks like blood spatter on side & tire. "It doesn't sit well with me," says one. "It's a pattern here." Note the absence of fur. "Usually if you hit a deer & get blood on your car, you take it to the car wash to be cleaned.”

The officers leave the garage and the video ends. LaTourette is now back to answering questions. Explains they looked through all closets, cubby holes, ect. during the search.

LaTourette: The nanny said Jennifer's purse wouldn't be there if she wasn't. We found it in her mudroom near the kitchen. It also had keys for Jennifer's car and a notepad. A light jacket was with it.

Manning now pulls up an aerial photo of a portion of Waveny Park and Lapham Road, where Jennifer Dulos' car was found.

LaTourette testifies there are hiking trails all over there and pull-offs on Lapham Road for cars to park. That's where they found Jennifer Dulos' black Chevy Suburban.

Manning pulls up a picture of the abandoned SUV. LaTourette says there was another pull-off parking sport behind it and at last one ahead of it.

LaTourette: When we arrived at Lapham Park, walked on a trail looking for any indications of Jennifer Dulos but didn't find anything.

LaTourette: A K9 conducted a search but didn't detect a scent. So I returned to 69 Welles with the K9 handler. We went back into garage. Grabbed the jacket to give the K9 Jennifer's scent.

LaTourette: I also observed in the garage a redish footprint that could be a footprint in blood. I also observed a red color that appeared to be blood on the garbage cans in the garage.

Manning pulls up pictures of all of these. LaTourette also says he noted apparent blood drops on the floor and a "redish-pinkish" stain that looked like someone had tried to clean up.

LaTourette says he contacted CT State Police's Crime Unit and canvassed the neighborhood.

Jon Schoenhorn begins cross of Lt. LaTourette.

Schoenhorn focusing right now on the trails around Waveny Park and the one LaTourette walked. Brings up a nearby commuter rail station.

Schoenhorn asks LaTourette about Lapham Road being a major thoroughfare in New Canaan. Schoenhorn: this was a highly traveled road. There would've been a good amount of traffic on the day in question, correct?

LaTourette says yes. Schoenhorn now moves on to questions about the garage. "Nothing stood out to you as being out of the ordinary initially, right?" LaTourette agrees. We're done with cross.

Next witness: Scott Romano, retired sergeant with New Canaan police who was with the investigative unit at the time of Jennifer Dulos' disappearance.

Romano says he was off on 5/24/19 but was contacted that night about a missing person case and asked to come in. He responded to Lapham Road where the SUV was found.

Romano: I took over securing the vehicle and made sure no one touched it until we decided what to do with it. There was nothing remarkable about it except it looked like something had been wiped off the passenger side and marks that appeared to be blood.

Romano: we determined the SUV should be towed to the New Canaan Police Department and impounded inside so it could be processed. We couldn't initially start the SUV because it was left in reverse and the battery was dead.

Romano: After vehicle was secured, I went to Jennifer Dulos' home and did a canvas of the neighborhood to see if any homes had cameras. We looked at any house that had a view of the street.

Romano: we were specifically intered in 54 Welles since there were cameras that appeared to pick up street. We made contact with the owner, who agreed to let us review footage.

Romano: We targeted a morning section where we were able to pick up Jennifer Dulos' vehicle leaving and then returning and then leaving for a second time and not returning.

We are breaking for recess. Resumes at 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares