Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think FD shipped any bodies to Greece, but I wonder if he had any beloved knives. Perhaps he sent those on along to Greece. Or maybe his beloved bicycle, sans brand plate. I hope LE in Greece was ALL OVER any vehicles exported by FD.

Jmo
Pretty sure Greek LE weren’t on top of anything related to Jennifer Dulos.

The Odyssey of Stupidity on Albany, maybe that's what she was doing with her grimy hands on the city sidewalk -- trying to rub conspiracy off.

Raise your hand if you've EVER leaned out a car door to rub your gum onto a sidewalk. Who would do that? Who would even think of that, as an excuse? Lame.

JMO

I guess she didn’t want to stick it under a table like other ‘normal’ people do. She probably really thought that was normal. She had to go up a notch from that and put it on the sidewalk. As if!

That’s the dumbest response to give as an explanation. At least say something that is believable and heard of before.

There was also the loud banging reported at FDs Sturbridge Hill spec house early in the morning the day after JD murder where he had a Fore trailer and dumpster, candidate for what he did with the bike (sans the Mercier logo that he ripped off and was found in Albany trash bag…so he knew bike could give him away…all so carefully planned and orchestrated). That was the house PG was working at the day of.
If police found anything there we’ll see it soon, neighbors said police were all over that neighborhood and house.
And he went back there for media photo ops with his nieces once out on bail- remember him sweeping?

Yes, the infamous 'sweeping' videos! Probably one of the few times in his life Fd picked up a broom. Classic stuff.

Its interesting that you are bringing this particular detail up about Sturbridge now as iirc the 'boom or banging' at the house was never explained. BUT, this detail is interesting also due to the convo that was happening here yesterday I believe about Fd consistently asking PG 'if he had seen or heard anything' the day he was in NC installing locks and working on the house?

The entire bizarre ongoing interaction with PG and Fd about NC on the missing/murder date and the Red Tacoma seat swap demand is something I've long puzzled over and I hope with the PG immunity agreement in place that his testimony clears up everything surrounding the Red Tacoma and why Fd kept asking him if he had heard or seen anything in NC on the missing/murder date. I just can't see Fd going to Sturbridge if PG was working at the house but otherwise why would Fd ask PG if he had seen or heard anything that day? What was Fd concerned that PG might see? I also wonder why Fd had PG in NC on the missing date as I don't believe he worked every day and while there was some urgency to get the house done, I don't think it was vital that he was in NC that day. Did Fd send PG to NC that day simply to get the Red Tacoma or was there some other reason/s?

That’s Fotis’s bike!
That brilliant drawn bike image is such a wonderful reminder of how far this thread and case group have travelled (literally!) to puzzle through this tragedy! When the Fd bike was announced and discussed extensively here it was truly I think one of the big missing pieces with things coming into greater focus shortly thereafter iirc!

Yes. It was the bike he loved. He could get a new brand plate later.

So possibly his denuded bike, a valuable knife, cash....

Jmo
Makes sense about the personal valuables but why send the cash as his credit cards were all being declined and then cancelled and he needed the Anna Curry money for gas and food money. IDK. Fd probably didn't care about stiffing creditors or credit card companies and had zero hesitation committing bail bond fraud using Atty Pattis and Anna Curry.

Fd took alot of money from Jf over the years as well as the nearly $2 million GF/Weinstein attempted to recover in the civil action against Fd. Fd spent alot of money on his 'water-skiing and skiing adventures' flying all over with MT so I wonder if he simply pissed away the money he took? We also don't know if Fd gave cash on an ongoing basis to MT during the course of their 'relationship' which might make sense as she wasn't working and had nothing other than the support payments from her daughters baby daddy.

I'm still wondering about the thumb drive law enforcement took away from him at 4JC raid.....hope we learn more about that at trial. IMO he had stolen so much from JF/Farber family over the years that I do wonder if he had bitcoin or did he burn through all the money he had taken with the divorce and slow house sales? I've also been thinking about the civil trial and GF/Weinstein going after Fd with guns blazing. Was the purpose of that to get Fd to settle the divorce and move on or was the goal to simply financially annihilate him or some other reason such as getting more information out of him? IDK. GF/Weinstein had to know at the time of the civl trial that Fd was close to bankrupt, yet they persisted.The settlement of his estate left virtually nothing so perhaps he had already used up all the cash for legal fees or given it to Rena or put it someplace for future access? GF/Weinstein did recover some cash from Atty Pattis in the civil action iirc but I don't recall it being a huge amount but it was something done for reasons other than cash potentially as well.

I'm leaning towards personal documents beingon the thumb drive vs bitcoin as if he had money he most likely wouldn't have needed to dump MT like a hot potato and move on to Anna Curry with lightning speed imo. Fd always looked out for number one so maybe he was taking the money from Anna Curry to live while hiding whatever money he had left from what he had taken from JF/Farber family?

Court Weather related announcements link for those interested about trial tomorrow:
Court Closings - CT Judicial Branch

Just checked NBC CT (another source for other weather related announcements is here: NBC Connecticut) and many places are either doing a delayed opening or closing for the day. Snow isn't due to start until around 11pm-midnight in most of the area so if it plays out like it usually does the announcements will be seen starting around 6am EST. FWIW New Canaan Country School just announced a 2 hr delay for tomorrow (its located maybe 20 min drive from the Courthouse).

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=a8759179-77c4-46be-9106-37ea8f05999a

Link for MT on State of CT Judicial Branch Website
- Docket number
- List of charges
- Statute information

Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLE Represented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 77
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Jury TrialNext Court Date:
1/16/2024 10:00 AM​
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54a CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
53a-155 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-166* HINDERING PROSECUTION 2ND DEG
C​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019

Yes, the infamous 'sweeping' videos! Probably one of the few times in his life Fd picked up a broom. Classic stuff.

Its interesting that you are bringing this particular detail up about Sturbridge now as iirc the 'boom or banging' at the house was never explained. BUT, this detail is interesting also due to the convo that was happening here yesterday I believe about Fd consistently asking PG 'if he had seen or heard anything' the day he was in NC installing locks and working on the house?

The entire bizarre ongoing interaction with PG and Fd about NC on the missing/murder date and the Red Tacoma seat swap demand is something I've long puzzled over and I hope with the PG immunity agreement in place that his testimony clears up everything surrounding the Red Tacoma and why Fd kept asking him if he had heard or seen anything in NC on the missing/murder date. I just can't see Fd going to Sturbridge if PG was working at the house but otherwise why would Fd ask PG if he had seen or heard anything that day? What was Fd concerned that PG might see? I also wonder why Fd had PG in NC on the missing date as I don't believe he worked every day and while there was some urgency to get the house done, I don't think it was vital that he was in NC that day. Did Fd send PG to NC that day simply to get the Red Tacoma or was there some other reason/s?
I thought that FDs plan was to make it look like FD was in Farmington sexing with MT in the shower, taking Toutz’s call on his cellphone, and meeting with KM in the Fore office on the morning JD was killed.

Meanwhile, PG was in New Canaan that day, a requirement if FD was going to try to pin it on him. Remember that FD even shaved his head to resemble PG more closely (PG even commented to FD on his shocking new look:
“Kimball said that Fotis' sudden hairstyle change caught detectives' attention early in the investigation, leading them to speculate that Fotis was trying to look like Gumienny.
'Whether that was the primary reason or not, it was the end result,' Kimball said.
'He did end up looking like Pawel, to the extent that Pawel commented: 'Hey, you look just like me.' That goes along with the planning and that goes along with creating a diversion.'“

The much debated sweatshirt evidence that was passed around in a mystery box and JS kept for over a year, nearly getting him thrown off the case, was also supposed to be PGs:
“According to prosecutors, Schoenhorn suggested during a July 8, 2022 videoconference that surveillance video which showed someone bicycling in dark clothing not far from the victim’s house actually showed Gumienny, not Fotis Dulos, and that the hoodie in question was the same dark clothing worn by the person in the video. Believing that Schoenhorn was aiming to suggest that Gumienny was the killer, prosecutors then averred that “Schoenhorn could become a necessary witness should he attempt to introduce said evidence.” In essence, they wrote, Schoenhorn would have to testify as to the chain of custody of the hoodie and the tools: “where the sweatshirt came from, how it came into his possession, and how it was handled.”

And I would not be surprised to see JS insinuate that maybe PG and JD were having an affair, etc. The MT family was squawking to the high heavens when it was recently revealed that PG was granted immunity.

So FD (and now MT) needed PG to be at or near the scene of the crime, eg New Canaan, while FD alibied himself via MT, KM and AT as being in Farmington and of course MT had her little photo op with Marty the S&S robot in Simsbury. NP early on spouted that there wasn’t even evidence that FD was at the scene (fingers crossed for Thurton Lane home webcam showing FD in the woods behind Welles) and that MT wasn’t either.

Later, when MT finally changed her tune and took back her sex in the shower story, NP still was trying to pin it on PG:
“Apparently, Michelle has changed her tune, and a handyman is telling tales to deflect attention from himself," Pattis said”

Even if FD hadn’t been planning to pin it on PG, he definitely needed PG to be out of his hair and not floating around his properties in Farmington so the coast would be clear for whatever heinous post hoc work he had to do at 80MS. Remember FDs texts to PG asking him his ETA. And how inconvenient it was when PG did search out his red truck at 80MS on his own (feign sex whenever you need an alibi- and FD told PG to “leave Michelle out of this”)

FD might have asked PG if he heard anything when he was in NC because FD wanted to know if the town was talking yet about JD going missing and if so what people were saying, so he could anticipate how to respond. Or, he could have said it to intimidate PG, clearly he threatened him over employment.

Either way, it seems like FD had good reason to send PG straight to NC that day, he told him not to stop at the office due to his meeting with his divorce attorney. So that put FD in Farmington, PG in New Canaan, and kept PG away from 80MS for the day.

Last edited:
In preparation for possible Court date tomorrow (and being a true glutton for punishment) I just rewatched portions of last two days presentation of evidence. My initial feeling of being an occupant in a windowless lower level cabin on the Titanic with water coming into the cabin from the porthole and my death being imminent was sadly confirmed with rewatching the first two days of trial.

For the sake of the VICTIMS I hope the Court gets it together as the early errors regarding presentation of critical evidence can imo have catastrophic carry over effects with the Jury. For those here that said its early days yet and too early to assess the proceedings, I definitely hear that POV but usually the way things start with a trial are the way things continue and imo if things continue the way they have been for the past two days then there is no possible way to achieve justice for the VICTIM/s imo. None. Simply don't see how it can happen. I pray I'm wrong but I saw little in rewatching that gave any room for optimism.

I am absolutely convinced with rewatching the presentation so far that the Judge does not for whatever reason understand the purpose of presumptive testing at a crime scene and I'm also absolutely convinced that the Defense Attorney understands EVEN LESS than the Judge on the matter but rather understood keenly how to create chaos on a non-issue and so was able to exploit the absolute lack of knowledge of the Judge. There was sadly no vigorous attempt by the State to intervene in a way that was remotely effective to get things on track as it was clear the Judge then was lost as well as stuck and this was highly disturbing to see as the Judge is the Capital of the ship in a way in the courtroom. What I would also like to know is how Defense Counsel would process a crime scene without presumptive testing? But better yet it probably makes sense to ask Defense Counsel what the word 'presumptive' actually means! How can a mountain of evidence at a scene be processed without presumptive testing? What method of screening would or even could be used? No lab has the the ability to test every piece of evidence and nor should it ever have to.

Why no discussion of presumptive testing for the jury? Why not explain what happens after the results of presumptive test are reviewed? Why not explain what happens at the crime lab and what a confirmatory test might be and on and on with how evidence is processed. Nothing. Jury just knows now because the Judge said it was ok that presumptive testing is 'Junk Science'. Great and where does the jury go from here with the evidence presented?

So, based on two days we have a jury with no framework because there were no opening statements and we have also a jury that believes the presumptive testing done at a crime scenes is 'junk science'. Not sure how the Jury gets it together or has much if any confidence in evidence presented by the State after what the Judge has allowed so far? I have a very basic grasp of the process and even so had to go back and rewatch testimony which I can say that I have never done before except with highly technical testimony in my field that lay people could not be reasonably expected to understand. I am baffled as to what exactly we are seeing in the courtroom as I have never seen anything like it.

Why did the witnesses who were at the scene doing the presumptive testing not simply explain the purposes of presumptive testing to the Judge and Jury? Nope. Instead the reigning point of the day is that presumptive testing chemical represent 'junk science'. Great. Let's just pack up all the evidence and call it a day! Insanity and imo total nonsense which should never have been permitted to occur but it did.

I also very much hope that the State only presented evidence at trial that was lab tested positive and I also don't understand why evidence is being introduced by a witness on the stand that didn't take the actual photograph of the then discussed piece of evidence or performed the presumptive test at the scene on a specific item of evidence SO THEY CAN SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY.

I have never seen law enforcement witnesses speak without authority and it frankly did the State zero favours imo. Whole situation when watched again with the evidence presentation thus far was imo quite confusing and this was absolutely unnecessary had the correct person been on the stand and the overall process of crime scene processing explained imo. I can only imagine how confused the poor Jury was with this presentation.

Is the person that did the involved evidence work or photo die and thus simply not available for trial? The idea that evidence from the garage would be eliminated because debris was on the measuring tape imo is ludicrous as in a perfect world this error would have been corrected prior to being photographed but on the other hand this was a garage where the doors were open if I recall and so wind can blow ground items around and land them on a tape or placard. So far as I recall the State didn't even argue the realities of the scene and just allowed the image to be excluded. Great, does this mean that all evidence discussions going forward will simply go the way of the alleged FD black sweatshirt that Defense Counsel and his accessory held on to for a year in his office prior giving it to law enforcement and resolution of the matter was that it would simply be excluded? Great. Or, Oh, debris blew through the air and ended up on the tape near the involved piece of evidence and ended up in a photograph so Lets just toss the evidence? Insanity.

Its another issue for another day but honestly listening to the trial discussion of the organisation structure of the "CRIME VAN" setup was so confusing as the staffing is byzantine and the more you read about it the more it becomes clear how at 4JC the Search Warrant wasn't read by I believe the then lead on site at the time and so the error regarding the inclusion of MT cell phone occurred. The Judge (current Judge btw) didn't buy the argument of exigent circumstances I believe (I don't concur as if the situation at that point in time didn't define exigent circumstances I'm not sure what might qualify in the good Judge's view (long lag time in getting AA with huge risk of evidence destruction by the alleged perps to say nothing of alleged perps having means and ability flee the country to name just a few points), but he is the Judge) but in any event the MT cell phone was tossed from evidence. I haven't read all the documents from this particular pre trial debacle but I will eventually finish them as I'm baffled how this SNAFU occurred as well as how the Judge could not understand the situation at the time (having 3 Judges to date on this case no doubt doesn't help AT all as my guess is that Judge Blawie would know precisely what was going on at the time and I very much wonder if current Judge did in fact speak to the prior Judge's? My recollection from looking at this issue again was that the person that wrote the 4JC search warrant wasn't on site at the time the then lead on site took the MT cell phone. How in the world was this ever allowed to occur? So many questions about the reasoning behind this structure but IMO with a complex case in multiple jurisdictions the "Crime Van" set up and staffing structure made a difficult evidence gathering process prone to error to say nothing of being extremely complex. At some point I'd like to have a head count of how many "Crime Van" folks were at Welles and even if the people that participated in the Welles evidence sweep knew who all did what at the site and ditto for 4JC or any of the other properties. I simply don't understand at a very basic level how this very complicated "Crime Van" structure with many disparate parts and many seeming disconnected professionals facilities obtaining good results. It was strange as on the stand when questions which of their colleagues were on site working that most couldn't answer. Also, I am not making this comment to disparage ANY of the work done by law enforcement in this case but I am questioning the structure that they work within that in the case of this particular tragedy imo did law enforcement NO FAVOURS.

I do think that a Judge that more intimately understood crime scene process and procedure would have immediately had ALL REFERENCES TO PRESUMPTIVE TESTING BEING "JUNK SCIENCE" stricken from the record on the spot and told the Jury to absolutely disregard said references and then reprimanded Defense Counsel accordingly. Instead we saw this intentionally ignorant statement thrown into the discussion and the entire presentation of evidence crumbled as the Judge simply didn't know what to do with the point. The State stood by mute and did nothing. I knew the moment that incorrect and frankly ignorant statement was knowingly made by Defense Counsel simply for the reason of distraction and disruption that it would be ALL the local press would fixate on as they frankly know even less than Defense Counsel on the issue imo but know a sound bite that will garner many many clicks in a closely watched trial. A quick google search on "junk science' and 'michele troconis trial' came back with over 24,000 results! Kudos to the Judge on allowing a true NON ISSUE to be turned into a MAJOR ISSUE in this trial to the point where the Jury imo has now been most definitely prejudiced against the quality of the presented evidence and the law enforcement professionals that collected the evidence for NO REASON as the assumption is that lab/confirmatory testing would be done following presumptive testing to prove one way or another what was shown was never explained to the Jury. Why was no discussion made as to what the process of evidence collection involves?

The other thing that was quite hilarious in a pathetic sad way was that Defense Counsel seems to have no substantive grounding in blood analysis or crime scene forensics imo. In replay there were many many references to BLOOD SPLATTER vs BLOOD SPATTER when the correct term for what was being seen was usually SPATTER. These terms imo describe two different items that are quite distinct and yet we saw Defense Counsel over and over use these terms interchangeably which is absolutely technically incorrect. What was quite funny was when the Judge (correctly imo) used the term SPATTER when Defense Counsel used SPLATTER and the Judge rightly looked totally confused as if they were talking about two different things. The only reason I am bringing this up is because Defense Counsel has made such a big deal about the professional competency of Atty Bowman as it relates to criminal defense work. The issue of SPLATTER and SPATTER are imo low level or very basic terms used routinely in descriptions of crime scenes and defense work and yet over and over Defense Counsel gets it wrong.

I'm filing this all away on a long list for the trial titled, "Things that make you go hmmmm" and admit to being absolutely baffled as to why we are where we are with this trial after ONLY 2 Days?

I thought that FDs plan was to make it look like FD was in Farmington sexing with MT in the shower, taking Toutz’s call on his cellphone, and meeting with KM in the Fore office on the morning JD was killed.

Meanwhile, PG was in New Canaan that day, a requirement if FD was going to try to pin it on him. Remember that FD even shaved his head to resemble PG more closely (PG even commented to FD on his shocking new look:
“Kimball said that Fotis' sudden hairstyle change caught detectives' attention early in the investigation, leading them to speculate that Fotis was trying to look like Gumienny.
'Whether that was the primary reason or not, it was the end result,' Kimball said.
'He did end up looking like Pawel, to the extent that Pawel commented: 'Hey, you look just like me.' That goes along with the planning and that goes along with creating a diversion.'“

The much debated sweatshirt evidence that was passed around in a mystery box and JS kept for over a year, nearly getting him thrown off the case, was also supposed to be PGs:
“According to prosecutors, Schoenhorn suggested during a July 8, 2022 videoconference that surveillance video which showed someone bicycling in dark clothing not far from the victim’s house actually showed Gumienny, not Fotis Dulos, and that the hoodie in question was the same dark clothing worn by the person in the video. Believing that Schoenhorn was aiming to suggest that Gumienny was the killer, prosecutors then averred that “Schoenhorn could become a necessary witness should he attempt to introduce said evidence.” In essence, they wrote, Schoenhorn would have to testify as to the chain of custody of the hoodie and the tools: “where the sweatshirt came from, how it came into his possession, and how it was handled.”

And I would not be surprised to see JS insinuate that maybe PG and JD were having an affair, etc. The MT family was squawking to the high heavens when it was recently revealed that PG was granted immunity.

So FD (and now MT) needed PG to be at or near the scene of the crime, eg New Canaan, while FD alibied himself via MT, KM and AT as being in Farmington and of course MT had her little photo op with Marty the S&S robot in Simsbury. NP early on spouted that there wasn’t even evidence that FD was at the scene (fingers crossed for Thurton Lane home webcam showing FD in the woods behind Welles) and that MT wasn’t either.

Later, when MT finally changed her tune and took back her sex in the shower story, NP still was trying to pin it on PG:
“Apparently, Michelle has changed her tune, and a handyman is telling tales to deflect attention from himself," Pattis said”

Even if FD hadn’t been planning to pin it on PG, he definitely needed PG to be out of his hair and not floating around his properties in Farmington so the coast would be clear for whatever heinous post hoc work he had to do at 80MS. Remember FDs texts to PG asking him his ETA. And how inconvenient it was when PG did search out his red truck at 80MS on his own (feign sex whenever you need an alibi- and FD told PG to “leave Michelle out of this”)

FD might have asked PG if he heard anything when he was in NC because FD wanted to know if the town was talking yet about JD going missing and if so what people were saying, so he could anticipate how to respond. Or, he could have said it to intimidate PG, clearly he threatened him over employment.

Either way, it seems like FD had good reason to send PG straight to NC that day, he told him not to stop at the office due to his meeting with his divorce attorney. So that put FD in Farmington, PG in New Canaan, and kept PG away from 80MS for the day.
Thanks for refocusing the early days of the first AA. Much appreciated.

Do we know why Defense Counsel was not charged with hindering or tampering in this case along with the alleged second party that gave him the black sweatshirt (I'll take NP as my guess here)? Holding on to evidence presumably in his office for over a year? Did the State undertake any testing of the black sweatshirt? As I mentioned I haven't read many of the documents from this debacle but honestly just the framework of the event as presented by MSM which I have read would have seen an attorney doing what was described here immediately removed from a case and without their license to practice in most jurisdictions. This all kinda reminds me of Mama Troconis setting up her Medicare scam office as a law office in order to protect it from seizure by the Feds. Instead in this case the evidence was taken to a law office where I'm not sure law enforcement could have ever siezed it if they wanted to. Wow! And Defense Counsel I believe had the audacity to criticise the criminal defense expertise of Atty Bowman? Ha! What happened with the sweatshirt also reminds me greatly of narcos that park their stashes or diamonds/gold with their crooked attorneys to avoid seizure. Next time I run into a rules/procedures and ethics expert I will certainly run the sweatshirt scenario by them I will definitely be curious what they say as this all is quite mind boggling. Cannot believe that the State had to deal with evidence BS on the level of this amidst preparing for trial. I cannot wait to hear what PG has to say about all of this as I'm sure it will be hair curling. I would ask whether the black sweatshirt matter was referred to the CT Bar but I now know better than to ask that question.....

I wish the state of CT had used the threat of prosecution for financial crimes to get MT to open up. I suspect there were some of those types of crimes done by fD, and facilitated by MT, but the fact that there has not been a word about this must mean that they can’t find any evidence with which to charge her. Interestingly, she did “plead the fifth” over and over when Richard Weinstein questioned her in court, making me think that there is some there, there.
Agree completely. The civil trial uncovered alot of the games played by FD with Fore as did the probate process. But with the probate process my recollection was that there was nothing left to give to the children. But, if Fd money/assets/bitcoin had been placed with family members outside the country there was no way to know as no investigation was ever conducted. I recall ages ago in this case that FD insisted on keeping his own books which given that he didn't have a hands on approach to his business was something I always found a bit odd. We know also that JF didn't get involved with household finances until she realised little made sense to her. It would be interesting to look at the historical tax returns (personal and business) as I'm sure Fd wrote his life with MT off for tax purposes until the cash ran out and the credit cards just issued decline notices! The civil trial convinced me that Atty Weinstein and GF knew exactly what money had existed and where it most likely had gone but sadly couldn't do anything to get it back and where it belonged which was the children the Fd claimed to care so much about.

No news on court being closed today - so I will go ahead & post this.

Tuesday, January 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Sup Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T Dismissed on 8/28/20.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women). 1/10/24: 6 jurors & 5 alternates (no idea of gender).
Jury Selection (2nd one) began on 1/9/24 & ended on 1/10/24.
Trial began on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6 3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 & 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1 (1/11/24) reference post #484 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-57.698903/page-25

1/12/24 Thursday, Trial Day 2: State's witnesses: Sgt. Jamie Pearston of the Connecticut State Police's Western District Major Crimes Unit.
Without jurors - Defense is arguing against photos that include images of things that didn't test presumptive for blood. Judge Randolph said he would review relevant cases regarding blood evidence during the recess. After spending time reviewing case law, Judge Randolph allowed Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning to enter into evidence tests of stains found in the garage of Jennifer that were "presumptive for blood."
State witnesses continued: Retired state police detective Matthew Reilly, evidence officer at the scene.
Schoenhorn then asked the court to withdraw several photos from evidence because Reilly didn't recall a red dot on the measuring device. The jury was asked to leave the room while the judge hears arguments on the evidence. But when the jury returned, Schoenhorn filed an objection to including the photo of the device, which Randolph denied.
For more info see post #489 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-57.698903/page-25
The court discussed the issue of presumptive tests for blood repeatedly Friday. Since the issue needed to be discussed outside of the jury's presence again, the jury was let go for the weekend at 4:25pm. They may or may not be back Tuesday, 1/16/24 depending on the weather since a storm is predicted, Randolph said. Monday is a state holiday & no court will be held.

In preparation for possible Court date tomorrow (and being a true glutton for punishment) I just rewatched portions of last two days presentation of evidence. My initial feeling of being an occupant in a windowless lower level cabin on the Titanic with water coming into the cabin from the porthole and my death being imminent was sadly confirmed with rewatching the first two days of trial.

For the sake of the VICTIMS I hope the Court gets it together as the early errors regarding presentation of critical evidence can imo have catastrophic carry over effects with the Jury. For those here that said its early days yet and too early to assess the proceedings, I definitely hear that POV but usually the way things start with a trial are the way things continue and imo if things continue the way they have been for the past two days then there is no possible way to achieve justice for the VICTIM/s imo. None. Simply don't see how it can happen. I pray I'm wrong but I saw little in rewatching that gave any room for optimism.

I am absolutely convinced with rewatching the presentation so far that the Judge does not for whatever reason understand the purpose of presumptive testing at a crime scene and I'm also absolutely convinced that the Defense Attorney understands EVEN LESS than the Judge on the matter but rather understood keenly how to create chaos on a non-issue and so was able to exploit the absolute lack of knowledge of the Judge. There was sadly no vigorous attempt by the State to intervene in a way that was remotely effective to get things on track as it was clear the Judge then was lost as well as stuck and this was highly disturbing to see as the Judge is the Capital of the ship in a way in the courtroom. What I would also like to know is how Defense Counsel would process a crime scene without presumptive testing? But better yet it probably makes sense to ask Defense Counsel what the word 'presumptive' actually means! How can a mountain of evidence at a scene be processed without presumptive testing? What method of screening would or even could be used? No lab has the the ability to test every piece of evidence and nor should it ever have to.

Why no discussion of presumptive testing for the jury? Why not explain what happens after the results of presumptive test are reviewed? Why not explain what happens at the crime lab and what a confirmatory test might be and on and on with how evidence is processed. Nothing. Jury just knows now because the Judge said it was ok that presumptive testing is 'Junk Science'. Great and where does the jury go from here with the evidence presented?

So, based on two days we have a jury with no framework because there were no opening statements and we have also a jury that believes the presumptive testing done at a crime scenes is 'junk science'. Not sure how the Jury gets it together or has much if any confidence in evidence presented by the State after what the Judge has allowed so far? I have a very basic grasp of the process and even so had to go back and rewatch testimony which I can say that I have never done before except with highly technical testimony in my field that lay people could not be reasonably expected to understand. I am baffled as to what exactly we are seeing in the courtroom as I have never seen anything like it.

Why did the witnesses who were at the scene doing the presumptive testing not simply explain the purposes of presumptive testing to the Judge and Jury? Nope. Instead the reigning point of the day is that presumptive testing chemical represent 'junk science'. Great. Let's just pack up all the evidence and call it a day! Insanity and imo total nonsense which should never have been permitted to occur but it did.

I also very much hope that the State only presented evidence at trial that was lab tested positive and I also don't understand why evidence is being introduced by a witness on the stand that didn't take the actual photograph of the then discussed piece of evidence or performed the presumptive test at the scene on a specific item of evidence SO THEY CAN SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY.

I have never seen law enforcement witnesses speak without authority and it frankly did the State zero favours imo. Whole situation when watched again with the evidence presentation thus far was imo quite confusing and this was absolutely unnecessary had the correct person been on the stand and the overall process of crime scene processing explained imo. I can only imagine how confused the poor Jury was with this presentation.

Is the person that did the involved evidence work or photo die and thus simply not available for trial? The idea that evidence from the garage would be eliminated because debris was on the measuring tape imo is ludicrous as in a perfect world this error would have been corrected prior to being photographed but on the other hand this was a garage where the doors were open if I recall and so wind can blow ground items around and land them on a tape or placard. So far as I recall the State didn't even argue the realities of the scene and just allowed the image to be excluded. Great, does this mean that all evidence discussions going forward will simply go the way of the alleged FD black sweatshirt that Defense Counsel and his accessory held on to for a year in his office prior giving it to law enforcement and resolution of the matter was that it would simply be excluded? Great. Or, Oh, debris blew through the air and ended up on the tape near the involved piece of evidence and ended up in a photograph so Lets just toss the evidence? Insanity.

Its another issue for another day but honestly listening to the trial discussion of the organisation structure of the "CRIME VAN" setup was so confusing as the staffing is byzantine and the more you read about it the more it becomes clear how at 4JC the Search Warrant wasn't read by I believe the then lead on site at the time and so the error regarding the inclusion of MT cell phone occurred. The Judge (current Judge btw) didn't buy the argument of exigent circumstances I believe (I don't concur as if the situation at that point in time didn't define exigent circumstances I'm not sure what might qualify in the good Judge's view (long lag time in getting AA with huge risk of evidence destruction by the alleged perps to say nothing of alleged perps having means and ability flee the country to name just a few points), but he is the Judge) but in any event the MT cell phone was tossed from evidence. I haven't read all the documents from this particular pre trial debacle but I will eventually finish them as I'm baffled how this SNAFU occurred as well as how the Judge could not understand the situation at the time (having 3 Judges to date on this case no doubt doesn't help AT all as my guess is that Judge Blawie would know precisely what was going on at the time and I very much wonder if current Judge did in fact speak to the prior Judge's? My recollection from looking at this issue again was that the person that wrote the 4JC search warrant wasn't on site at the time the then lead on site took the MT cell phone. How in the world was this ever allowed to occur? So many questions about the reasoning behind this structure but IMO with a complex case in multiple jurisdictions the "Crime Van" set up and staffing structure made a difficult evidence gathering process prone to error to say nothing of being extremely complex. At some point I'd like to have a head count of how many "Crime Van" folks were at Welles and even if the people that participated in the Welles evidence sweep knew who all did what at the site and ditto for 4JC or any of the other properties. I simply don't understand at a very basic level how this very complicated "Crime Van" structure with many disparate parts and many seeming disconnected professionals facilities obtaining good results. It was strange as on the stand when questions which of their colleagues were on site working that most couldn't answer. Also, I am not making this comment to disparage ANY of the work done by law enforcement in this case but I am questioning the structure that they work within that in the case of this particular tragedy imo did law enforcement NO FAVOURS.

I do think that a Judge that more intimately understood crime scene process and procedure would have immediately had ALL REFERENCES TO PRESUMPTIVE TESTING BEING "JUNK SCIENCE" stricken from the record on the spot and told the Jury to absolutely disregard said references and then reprimanded Defense Counsel accordingly. Instead we saw this intentionally ignorant statement thrown into the discussion and the entire presentation of evidence crumbled as the Judge simply didn't know what to do with the point. The State stood by mute and did nothing. I knew the moment that incorrect and frankly ignorant statement was knowingly made by Defense Counsel simply for the reason of distraction and disruption that it would be ALL the local press would fixate on as they frankly know even less than Defense Counsel on the issue imo but know a sound bite that will garner many many clicks in a closely watched trial. A quick google search on "junk science' and 'michele troconis trial' came back with over 24,000 results! Kudos to the Judge on allowing a true NON ISSUE to be turned into a MAJOR ISSUE in this trial to the point where the Jury imo has now been most definitely prejudiced against the quality of the presented evidence and the law enforcement professionals that collected the evidence for NO REASON as the assumption is that lab/confirmatory testing would be done following presumptive testing to prove one way or another what was shown was never explained to the Jury. Why was no discussion made as to what the process of evidence collection involves?

The other thing that was quite hilarious in a pathetic sad way was that Defense Counsel seems to have no substantive grounding in blood analysis or crime scene forensics imo. In replay there were many many references to BLOOD SPLATTER vs BLOOD SPATTER when the correct term for what was being seen was usually SPATTER. These terms imo describe two different items that are quite distinct and yet we saw Defense Counsel over and over use these terms interchangeably which is absolutely technically incorrect. What was quite funny was when the Judge (correctly imo) used the term SPATTER when Defense Counsel used SPLATTER and the Judge rightly looked totally confused as if they were talking about two different things. The only reason I am bringing this up is because Defense Counsel has made such a big deal about the professional competency of Atty Bowman as it relates to criminal defense work. The issue of SPLATTER and SPATTER are imo low level or very basic terms used routinely in descriptions of crime scenes and defense work and yet over and over Defense Counsel gets it wrong.

I'm filing this all away on a long list for the trial titled, "Things that make you go hmmmm" and admit to being absolutely baffled as to why we are where we are with this trial after ONLY 2 Days?
I feel your pain.

This has the feel of a preliminary hearing to me. And the defense is pounding tables, consuming time and oxygen.

IMO the State is simply entering photos into evidence. We see it in every trial. What's different here IMO is that the defense is objecting with verbosity. It's a technique IE used in the BMorphew preliminary.

I am here for the long game (if the defense doesn't age us all into the grave first). The experts are coming. The ones who tested the swabs, the ones who will explain the process of collecting what might be relevant (some will turn out not to be) and not collecting everything (because it's not possible!).

JS knows that presumptive testing is immediate and easy, that's why it's done as a first course of processing. IMO he's citing a dusty case where no testing beyond presumptive testing was done! So it was presented as (presumptive) positive for blood when it could have been any number of other things, never confirmed. That would be prejudicial because it would give an impression some substance was blood when it was never determined to be so.

The defense knows this.

This blood, however, was later tested and was IIRC DNA matched to JFd! That's a pretty specific proof of additional testing. The police officers and detectives who processed the scene cannot testify to that! They are testifying to what happened as the crime scene was initially processed!

Rest easy, @afitzy. The experts are coming. The ones that will testify that blood at the crime scene, what first tested "presumptive positive", was in fact blood, and not just blood, but an octizillion to one match to JFd's blood.

Wait until we get to the Tacoma seats. That PG had the incredible foresight to save. What did FD say? Spilled coffee? Dark stain. I cringe to consider something more akin to coffee grounds because that would suggest more than mere blood. Tissue. Granular material.

JS knows that, if he can stall this trial, prevent it from gaining speed, jurors will drop. He can get a mistrial if they run out of jurors. At some point, the judge is going to have to rein JS in.

The prosecution will connect the dots. We may see MT on CCTV at HomeDept, for instance, buying trash bags and ponchos. We will see trash bags with markers for blood belonging to JFd and fingerprints belonging to MT. The State will be able IMO to show the jury that FD, MT and JFd's blood converged. We will see the zip ties. We will see JFd's shirt and bra. We'll judge for ourselves, as will the sworn jury, about the quantity of blood, the nature of damage, and decide whether JFd suffered a survivable injury. We haven't heard anything yet about brain matter but sadly we might. Evidence indicating incompatibility with life.

JS is blowing smoke. The State has the fire. It's coming.

JMO

I want to talk about KM for a minute.

I still don't think he was at 4J, only his phone.

FD left his dinner party, as one does, and met up with KM. Why? KM also needed more groceries? I think not. (If they were meeting in the morning at 4J, why would they need to meet up the night before? Makes no sense.)

I believe they were reviewing their plan, KM was turning his phone over to FD so MT could manipulate it in the morning, to give the appearance that KM himself was there for that meeting that never was.

And why?

Was FD simply layering his alibi? To make it appear that, not only was he in his office taking phone calls (no, he wasn't. MT was there, with his phone, screwing up her one job spectacularly) but that KM was also there (no, he wasn't) in order for it to appear he even had a witness to his presence there (which, of course, he didn't because IMO neither of them was there).

So why then?

I think it's because both FD and KM needed alibis for the morning.

I don't think FD intended to kill JFd in her garage. He did intend to kill her, just not there. So what was the plan? This: gain control of her by whatever means. Zip ties. Drive her away from Welles in her own vehicle.

Then what?

He wasn't going to be able to park alongside the Tacoma and walk a woman bound with zip ties to the Tacoma....

This is where KM comes into play. IMO the plan was always to move JFd from her Suburban into another car away from the busier street at Waveny Park. Then FD drives JFd's vehicle to Waveny, abandons it, saunters casually to the Tacoma and drives away.... no blood to be had.

But IMO JFd fought like a mother tiger in that garage, fought for her life, fought to tell her story all over that garage, fought to protect her children with her very blood.

IMO eventually FD got JFd into her Suburban, in the back, on the bedliner. I believe he still met up with KM on a back road somewhere and transferred JFd into the vehicle KM was driving (likely FD's older Suburban), possibly into a Thule.

From there, KM would have driven IMO to 80MS, FD would have driven to Waveny. I think they must have forgotten a bag from Welles. Meant to dump it in the 2nd Suburban, missed it, and FD had no choice but to transfer it to the Tacoma where it seeped out.

At some point, IMO KM and FD reunited at 80MS where MT eventually joined them, returning each to his phone.

In the original plan IMO this was all supposed to happen in short order, getting KM's phone back online so he could resume busyness. A meeting at 4J and then business as usual. And FD would appear to have had a morning meeting and a regular work day at 80MS.

He didn't account for Welles taking so long. Horrors what JFd endured and succumbed to in her very own garage, but a hero in her own right. Her fight is what secured his arrest and ultimately protected her children from him ever getting them again.

I am ready to hear from KM.

JMO

I don't think FD shipped any bodies to Greece, but I wonder if he had any beloved knives. Perhaps he sent those on along to Greece. Or maybe his beloved bicycle, sans brand plate. I hope LE in Greece was ALL OVER any vehicles exported by FD.

Jmo
AIR from the AW, it wasn't the "brand plate" itself LE found but an impression of it on a piece of tape recovered from the Albany dump. Wondered if it was the same tape as used on the 2 garbage bags taped together and/or the license plate. So if the bike is ever found, plate may still be on it?

No news on court being closed today - so I will go ahead & post this.

Tuesday, January 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Sup Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T Dismissed on 8/28/20.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women). 1/10/24: 6 jurors & 5 alternates (no idea of gender).
Jury Selection (2nd one) began on 1/9/24 & ended on 1/10/24.
Trial began on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6 3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 & 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1 (1/11/24) reference post #484 here:

1/12/24 Thursday, Trial Day 2: State's witnesses: Sgt. Jamie Pearston of the Connecticut State Police's Western District Major Crimes Unit.
Without jurors - Defense is arguing against photos that include images of things that didn't test presumptive for blood. Judge Randolph said he would review relevant cases regarding blood evidence during the recess. After spending time reviewing case law, Judge Randolph allowed Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning to enter into evidence tests of stains found in the garage of Jennifer that were "presumptive for blood."
State witnesses continued: Retired state police detective Matthew Reilly, evidence officer at the scene.
Schoenhorn then asked the court to withdraw several photos from evidence because Reilly didn't recall a red dot on the measuring device. The jury was asked to leave the room while the judge hears arguments on the evidence. But when the jury returned, Schoenhorn filed an objection to including the photo of the device, which Randolph denied.
For more info see post #489 here:
The court discussed the issue of presumptive tests for blood repeatedly Friday. Since the issue needed to be discussed outside of the jury's presence again, the jury was let go for the weekend at 4:25pm. They may or may not be back Tuesday, 1/16/24 depending on the weather since a storm is predicted, Randolph said. Monday is a state holiday & no court will be held.
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 77
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Docket Type:* FIRM JURY DOCKET *Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released from Custody)
Purpose:Jury TrialHearing Date:
1/16/2024 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics