Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious.

How can JS testify to what MT said (identifying herself and FD in the Raptor cctv) without questioning her on the stand?

jmo
Exactly. She may choose not to take the stand. But her attorney can't protect her from cross by testifying for her.

Although I don't see harm in ID her in the truck. It appears to be a simple fact.

MOO

I think once the murder was done and they had everything bagged etc - they were giddy and running on adrenaline thinking they were essentially home free. Who would think to look in an area they never went? If anything was found it might be attributed to a day laborer who was doing rooofing down in the NC area etc. and they had Pawel G set up too.

Fotis giving the phone to LE in New Canaan was the fatal blow-without that ridiculously stupid move on his part, all the evidence we see today might never have been collected and we might have seen a very different outcome.
I am impressed at how quickly LE was able to respond and track down what they did.

Contrasting this to the Morphew case - as some have mentioned - simply night and day. Professional/ savy/lots of well executed resources etc in CT.

To be fair - CT /NC threw a lot more money at this case IIRC, 600k in overtime alone est in 2019 with numbers that I am sure are much higher at his point. ( I am sure we will find out an updated $ along the way from JS just how much, as part of his argument I believe, is that the state is going after his client to justify all the money spent..

In contrast Colorado spent an estimated 250k on the Morphew case.

ALL JMO

FD and the phone. Divine Providence, IMO.

Well, it’s the one she drove, but it wasn’t “hers”.
Hey, there's something we could do while we wait for the trial to start back up tomorrow -- list the things MT owns.

We can go first with the white Jeep. Only it's not apparently hers so....

Well, how about Legos then? Welp.

Tired hair extensions? Okay, those might be hers.

ABC gum? Already been chewed. Hers.

Let's see what else. FD? Technically he wasn't hers....

There's that x-rated portrait of her. She can own that. No one else wants to see that.

How's about her dark soul? Not really hers. Pretty sure she sold that out a long while ago.

Does she own anything? or just gift?

JMO

Hey, there's something we could do while we wait for the trial to start back up tomorrow -- list the things MT owns.

There's that x-rated portrait of her. She can own that. No one else wants to see that.

How's about her dark soul? Not really hers. Pretty sure she sold that out a long while ago.

JMO
Also a lemon squeezer.
A gray bathmat and a soap dish.
Some glasses she bought at Home Goods.
Of course, the “artistic” photos from over the bed.

JMO
BBM. That drawing came to mind the last few days she started hiding behind her hair. Could not NOT see it. MOO.

Do we think JS called an audible today, pivoting and then essentially testifying on behalf of his client, that she and FD are the female and make figures in the Raptor?

Odd after all his objections minutes beforehand.

What exactly was the point of his objections today?

Loop de loop.

Can't tell what the rolled up thing is. But... can you tell if it's westhertek or maybe another brand?

So it is a vehicle liner.

He mostly did a stellar job of calling attention to what was key.

Not sure that was what he was hoping for

JMO
Well said.

Unproductive day 7 for TP imo as he spent quite a bit of time as you say waving a flag to highlight critical evidence for the Jury and then wildly jumped into witness mode and seemed to testify on behalf of his client MT.

Oddly, TP seemed to imply that at some point MT was actually "assisting law enforcement" by identifying herself and that's when I felt like tequila shots were fully in order even though it was midday. Deperate times call for desperate measures. Very strange interpretation of the actual facts of the case imo. No objection raised. We were also treated to another instalment of the bizarre TP narrative questioning why FD is mentioned so much in this trial for MT. This dovetails with the Troconis clan making similar statements on the Courtroom steps as if they don't understand what is going on and their dear family member isn't being tried for Conspiracy to Commit Murder etc. My guess is that they will all be quite unhappy when every other word from the State is MT, MT, MT, MT etc. as we move forward on the slow boat to China!

To be clear, MT hasn't assisted a day in this case and has done zero to assist in the recovery of the body of JF. Worse though, MT, FD and KM actually hindered the investigation greatly, wasted huge amounts of law enforcement resources that could have been deployed to find JF and no doubt destroyed and tampered extensively with evidence as well. To imply that MT was helpful by identifying herself in an image is ludicrous but TP did this for nearly 12 minutes today unchecked without a question on cross in sight. It seems the States view is let TP blather on as if he is a toddler on permanent meltdown who is simply best ignored with hopes that it will eventually end. We shall see how that strategy plays out with the jury, but I know how I feel about it so far.

What is so odd about watching TP is that he absolutely doesn't seem wired to allow the process to play out in the typical way and trust in his ability to object appropriately and have the Judge respond. He seems to insanely have invented the "preemptive objection" whereby he knows what is going to be said by the witness or the State and insists that everything stop. Most of these preemptive objections have blessedly been shut down by the Judge but how many have to happen before a reprimand is in order? We are seeing motion after motion from TP with demands for blanket elimination of lines of questioning it seems along with objections to disallow witness testimony or any narrative at all it seems, even in cases where witness had direct knowledge. It all seems so totally manic and ultimately fruitless.

With the TP motion this early am hand delivered to the Judge only (State wasn't entitled to it in advance of delivery to Court as TP couldn't remember how to send an email). As the State correctly pointed out, it was sadly 'bush league', pathetically so imo. But, the entire situation was presented in a disturbingly dramatic and manic way by TP that I wondered if the Troconis clan wasn't holding his entire family hostage somewhere with the proviso for their release being more and more obstruction and drama? Insanity.

We then see the State so straight jacketed in its language to the point of not being able to even quickly reframe a question for the witness. That was sad to watch from an attorney that brought the trial the reference to the run over squirrel eating a hamburger in the Welles garage! It was painful to watch and I seriously question whether this environment is necessary? It was so nuts today as Atty Manning was actually making a suggestion of a possible objection for the Defense in advance of any such objection being raised? Wasn't sure if this were a dry joke (I've very sadly lost my sense of humour) or not but sadly I think she was actually serious as she now has the appearance and demeanor of prison camp resident or hostage who had been beaten into submission to the point where the internal response is to assist her persecutor in order to survive!

This all is then followed up with TP direct testimony on cross on behalf of his client with no objection from the State and NO QUESTION IN SIGHT! I'm simply lost as it seems like a slow boat to nowhere by design. I'm actually in pain for the Jury at this point.

Cross for TP is simply an unrestrained platform for his direct testimony to the Jury. I had to take a time out after listening to the 10 minutes with no questions and frankly no point. Today's pontifications were not on the level of the "Easter Bunny" non-hypothetical of last week where even the Judge jumped in and participated in the insanity but it sure felt damn close to me. Needed a break as to see such time wasted on strategically unimportant issues from the Defense had me concerned that the Jury will check out and that is precisely what TP is angling for here imo.

I realise the POV many hold here about the temperament of the Judge in the case and his skill with holding firm to maintaining a solid record. I see this. Issue though is that there is a price and the price could be losing the jury. Whoever said TP options really are limited to appeal and mistrial, I totally agree. Thing though is that I've seen juries lost and once they are gone they don't come back imo. I hope the Judge is not so fixed on the pristine record that the jury is checking out more and more each day. I don't recall what the witness list totals were as we haven't been privy to the witness list, but even if its half or quarter of the over 200+ estimated that is a lot of testimony for jurors to process. Not sure how any of that happens given the current mode of operation unless MONTHS are tacked on to the schedule. I don't envy this Judge this process and frankly he probably drew the short straw in the case draw amongst his peers to sit for this trial as there could have been little doubt in anyones mind entering trial that things would play out as they sadly have. Sadly also for this process he is Judge 3 on this case and for this I fully blame the State of CT as I find it hard to believe this couldn't have been better managed.

If an abundance of alternate jurors existed then perhaps I would say just get a big bucket of popcorn, put your feet up and let this play out the way it has been. Thing is that I think only 3 exist. Could we lose 1-2 folks to hardship or illness or COVID/flu with a long trial? Sure, then we have a mess and the show has been on the road for 2 months. TP is counting on this scenario and it seems like its sadly being served up to him on a platter imo along with by then total disclosure of all State evidence.

The about face TP made after the pointless imo prior objections to then discuss his 'helpful' client reminded me of this image:

I'm going to look tomorrow to see if TP is possibly wearing an earpiece that could be connected to Mama Troconis or getting texts mid trial as I can just imagine her shouting in his ear today, Say My Daughter was helpful. Say it, Say it, Say it NOW! etc. How else to explain TP testimony today that MT was helpful.

I'm simply lost. Judge seems to like baseball and possibly other sports analogies. Guess this trial is going to go into 'extra innings' to be played until the lightbulbs in the stadium burn out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 19.22.03.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 19.22.03.png
    678.8 KB · Views: 0

JMO
Integrity - nope
Moral compass - nope
Decency - definitely nope
Compassion - most clearly nope
Good Judgement - clearly not
Greed - absolutely
Jealousy - for sure
Entitlement - sure, why even ask?
Anger - absolutely
How about the cow hide rugs? Wonder if she is still selling them? How is she even supporting herself? Has anyone checked OnlyFans or equivalents? I'm afraid to check because I would probably find Mama Troconis has beat her to it!
Skis - definitely owns a few pairs
Boots - yes
Parka - yes
Starbucks card - yes

Thing though is that her lack of material possessions will save on eventual storage costs if she becomes a long term resident in CT so all is not lost!

JMO
And if I remember correctly, a lemon squeezer…

Poacher. Predator. MOO
Edited to add: No matter what specific photo is on the screen cap! Am just galled by how she insinuated herself into the children’s lives.
While it is difficult to see clearly....it seems as if the ppl have jeans. If it was the ski trip pic....you would see some ppls skin in bottom half of photo

Well said.

Unproductive day 7 for TP imo as he spent quite a bit of time as you say waving a flag to highlight critical evidence for the Jury and then wildly jumped into witness mode and seemed to testify on behalf of his client MT.

Oddly, TP seemed to imply that at some point MT was actually "assisting law enforcement" by identifying herself and that's when I felt like tequila shots were fully in order even though it was midday. Deperate times call for desperate measures. Very strange interpretation of the actual facts of the case imo. No objection raised. We were also treated to another instalment of the bizarre TP narrative questioning why FD is mentioned so much in this trial for MT. This dovetails with the Troconis clan making similar statements on the Courtroom steps as if they don't understand what is going on and their dear family member isn't being tried for Conspiracy to Commit Murder etc. My guess is that they will all be quite unhappy when every other word from the State is MT, MT, MT, MT etc. as we move forward on the slow boat to China!

To be clear, MT hasn't assisted a day in this case and has done zero to assist in the recovery of the body of JF. Worse though, MT, FD and KM actually hindered the investigation greatly, wasted huge amounts of law enforcement resources that could have been deployed to find JF and no doubt destroyed and tampered extensively with evidence as well. To imply that MT was helpful by identifying herself in an image is ludicrous but TP did this for nearly 12 minutes today unchecked without a question on cross in sight. It seems the States view is let TP blather on as if he is a toddler on permanent meltdown who is simply best ignored with hopes that it will eventually end. We shall see how that strategy plays out with the jury, but I know how I feel about it so far.

What is so odd about watching TP is that he absolutely doesn't seem wired to allow the process to play out in the typical way and trust in his ability to object appropriately and have the Judge respond. He seems to insanely have invented the "preemptive objection" whereby he knows what is going to be said by the witness or the State and insists that everything stop. Most of these preemptive objections have blessedly been shut down by the Judge but how many have to happen before a reprimand is in order? We are seeing motion after motion from TP with demands for blanket elimination of lines of questioning it seems along with objections to disallow witness testimony or any narrative at all it seems, even in cases where witness had direct knowledge. It all seems so totally manic and ultimately fruitless.

With the TP motion this early am hand delivered to the Judge only (State wasn't entitled to it in advance of delivery to Court as TP couldn't remember how to send an email). As the State correctly pointed out, it was sadly 'bush league', pathetically so imo. But, the entire situation was presented in a disturbingly dramatic and manic way by TP that I wondered if the Troconis clan wasn't holding his entire family hostage somewhere with the proviso for their release being more and more obstruction and drama? Insanity.

We then see the State so straight jacketed in its language to the point of not being able to even quickly reframe a question for the witness. That was sad to watch from an attorney that brought the trial the reference to the run over squirrel eating a hamburger in the Welles garage! It was painful to watch and I seriously question whether this environment is necessary? It was so nuts today as Atty Manning was actually making a suggestion of a possible objection for the Defense in advance of any such objection being raised? Wasn't sure if this were a dry joke (I've very sadly lost my sense of humour) or not but sadly I think she was actually serious as she now has the appearance and demeanor of prison camp resident or hostage who had been beaten into submission to the point where the internal response is to assist her persecutor in order to survive!

This all is then followed up with TP direct testimony on cross on behalf of his client with no objection from the State and NO QUESTION IN SIGHT! I'm simply lost as it seems like a slow boat to nowhere by design. I'm actually in pain for the Jury at this point.

Cross for TP is simply an unrestrained platform for his direct testimony to the Jury. I had to take a time out after listening to the 10 minutes with no questions and frankly no point. Today's pontifications were not on the level of the "Easter Bunny" non-hypothetical of last week where even the Judge jumped in and participated in the insanity but it sure felt damn close to me. Needed a break as to see such time wasted on strategically unimportant issues from the Defense had me concerned that the Jury will check out and that is precisely what TP is angling for here imo.

I realise the POV many hold here about the temperament of the Judge in the case and his skill with holding firm to maintaining a solid record. I see this. Issue though is that there is a price and the price could be losing the jury. Whoever said TP options really are limited to appeal and mistrial, I totally agree. Thing though is that I've seen juries lost and once they are gone they don't come back imo. I hope the Judge is not so fixed on the pristine record that the jury is checking out more and more each day. I don't recall what the witness list totals were as we haven't been privy to the witness list, but even if its half or quarter of the over 200+ estimated that is a lot of testimony for jurors to process. Not sure how any of that happens given the current mode of operation unless MONTHS are tacked on to the schedule. I don't envy this Judge this process and frankly he probably drew the short straw in the case draw amongst his peers to sit for this trial as there could have been little doubt in anyones mind entering trial that things would play out as they sadly have. Sadly also for this process he is Judge 3 on this case and for this I fully blame the State of CT as I find it hard to believe this couldn't have been better managed.

If an abundance of alternate jurors existed then perhaps I would say just get a big bucket of popcorn, put your feet up and let this play out the way it has been. Thing is that I think only 3 exist. Could we lose 1-2 folks to hardship or illness or COVID/flu with a long trial? Sure, then we have a mess and the show has been on the road for 2 months. TP is counting on this scenario and it seems like its sadly being served up to him on a platter imo along with by then total disclosure of all State evidence.

The about face TP made after the pointless imo prior objections to then discuss his 'helpful' client reminded me of this image:

I'm going to look tomorrow to see if TP is possibly wearing an earpiece that could be connected to Mama Troconis or getting texts mid trial as I can just imagine her shouting in his ear today, Say My Daughter was helpful. Say it, Say it, Say it NOW! etc. How else to explain TP testimony today that MT was helpful.

I'm simply lost. Judge seems to like baseball and possibly other sports analogies. Guess this trial is going to go into 'extra innings' to be played until the lightbulbs in the stadium burn out.
My only hopeful response to this is that J.S was flustered and red faced when court adjourned. Maybe he is really askeered of Mama Troconis.
MOO MOO MOO

For those that are gluttons for punishment rehashing today here is Harvard Lawyer Lee take on things. I simply don't have the courage to watch it all again as, "Once Is Enough"!

I love her!

Today was explosive for the P Team. The 17 minute ride with Fotis will be Michelle's undoing. She had to know what happened to Jennifer because her DNA is on two or three of the trash bags used to dispose of items from the messy CS that the couple is throwing into trash bins along Albany. MT intentionally and knowingly shielded Fotis with her passenger's side door as he slid the Old Tags in the sewer.

The Sgt that called for the city's water tanker to the scene is a hero. That equipment pulled the white envelope with the altered/old tags inside straight out of its watery grave. MT was with Fotis during this very stop. Also, when Fotis took the truck's bedliner to lean it against the store's exterior wall, MT was there as an active participant in covering up the CS.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 142753.png
Law and Crime video - Day 7 moo

Well said.

Who please ... is TP?? Thanks so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm