Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Detective Duggan was assigned a detail to Albany Avenue, trash retrieval. On May 30. Missing person, POI had discarded trash.

Three locations.

1st location, multiple trash cans/dumpsters

Witness describes procedure:

Removed trash from receptacles and placed them in their own industrial trash bags. Brought them to Troop H. Laid out butcher block paper, with grids. Dumped the seized trash onto the paper.

Camera back on, trash can IDed.

Witness testifies that they gathered the trash into their own bags and then seized the trash can as well. Because they were aware that another individual had removed trash from that can.

State is entering photos into evidence, as this witness took the photos.

JS is asking questions of the witness. Where was the photo taken, did witness tale lid off. JS is satisfied, no objection.

Witness continues to ID the trash can in various states of collection.

JS asking questions if that's how the trash can appeared to the witness. Satisfied, no objection.

Transferred trash back to the Evidence Bldg.

Why is JS allowed to ask questions to this witness during the prosecution’s direct?

Shouldn’t his questions be saved for cross?

I assume the jury was brought in…do I have this wrong, missed the start?

Witness is IDing the photo of the trash, as it appeared on the paper once it had been dumped out.

JS asking questioning witness, did you write on the paper? Did they all come from that bag?

JS is asking about content, in particular a white shirt.

State objects. Judge sustains.

Photo shows a splayed out t-shirt, which was seized because it appeared to have a bloodlike substance on it. Nothing else was seized from that bag. [To me, it looks like typical household waste. ]

Next is another bag of trash.

JS is asking if this bag is how it was found and who wrote the letters on the paper and if those letters correspond to the restaurant near the trash can. Satisfies, no objection.

Clear plastic bag.

State asks witness if, on the 30th, when he seized trash from that can, he saw weathertek liners he did not.

Photo of trash spread out. [Looks like typical household waste to me].

Why is JS allowed to ask questions to this witness during the prosecution’s direct?

Shouldn’t his questions be saved for cross?

I assume the jury was brought in…do I have this wrong, missed the start?
JS questions before admitting the photo into evidence, which is allowed.

Jury was brought in, yes.

2nd location at Blue Hills and Albany

Witness seized contents of trash can but not the can itself, as there was no indication the POI had touched it.

Judge questions the cross street.

Witness describes documenting and seizing the contents of that trash can by the Jamaican bakery.

JS asks witness if the photo shows enduring that was in the can and if they seized everything in the can. Satisfied, no objection.

JS asks if they removed the debris and took it with them. Witness doesn't recall. JS, no objection.

Photo at Troop H garage.

JS asks if this bag contains all the items seized. Witness says this is his bag which contains what was seized. No objection.

Witness IDs trash that was in the canister outside the Jamaican Bakery, emptied onto brown paper.

JS asks if the state of the contents after dumping it from the State's trash bag. No objection.

Photo of trash can showing white bags and some loose trash.

Photo of trash can with schtuff on the bottom. Witness didn't recall whether they seized that.

Photo of Stare's trash bag.

Photo of trash on paper in Troop H garage.

3rd location

Albany and Green Street.

Witness testifies to photographing the trash can and contents, collected the trash into their own trash bags and brought it to the Troop H garage.

Witness is IDing photos of the trash can and contents on site. No objections from JS.

Photos admitted.

Photo of trash in can.

State asking about a white object. Witness identifies zip ties. Witness IDs clear poncho with red bloodlike substance. Witness identifies a broom handle.

Photo 7 is the contents of the Albany and Green trash can, spread on paper at the Troop H garage. No objection from the Defense.

Depicting zip ties, poncho, black trash which they opened to find a Vineyard vines long sleeve shirt and cut bra with a bloodlike substance, a mop (handle), a razor blade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm