Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, the defense lawyer's questioning of video narration (as he calls it) throughout LE testimony only serves to highlight the fact that Fd and MT were dumping evidence at multiple spots. Especially after he argues about the observation that it may be Fd and MT AND, then, states that it is her and him. Juries can often spot word salad and "look over here" actions that are presented.

I'm cracking up all over again ! Can't you picture MT, in a ratty nappy robe....hair all yucked up....clutching her lemon squeezer and dripping gray bath mat? 'This is all I need' ....

So sorry, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
I know…Steve Martin actually kinda looks like TP throwing a tantrum in court too. Comedy is the best and thanks so much for the laugh as it makes this all somewhat bearable. Only somewhat though.

IMHO, the defense lawyer's questioning of video narration (as he calls it) throughout LE testimony only serves to highlight the fact that Fd and MT were dumping evidence at multiple spots. Especially after he argues about the observation that it may be Fd and MT AND, then, states that it is her and him. Juries can often spot word salad and "look over here" actions that are presented.

Exactly ! JS went on and on for minutes, objecting to the statements made by the detective. "What do you mean, female?" "How could you tell?" "Who told you that was a female?" " Is that the naaarrrrriitive they told you?" It was obnoxious, loud and over the top.

And, minutes later...he states on behalf of his client, that yes indeed it was her and FD in the truck !!! And, yeppers, she sure did admit to the police that it was her and fotis in there too! WTH ? The jury had to be gobsmacked by that.

I almost went back and tried to watch it again, but I couldn't.

Today was explosive for the P Team. The 17 minute ride with Fotis will be Michelle's undoing. She had to know what happened to Jennifer because her DNA is on two or three of the trash bags used to dispose of items from the messy CS that the couple is throwing into trash bins along Albany. MT intentionally and knowingly shielded Fotis with her passenger's side door as he slid the Old Tags in the sewer.

The Sgt that called for the city's water tanker to the scene is a hero. That equipment pulled the white envelope with the altered/old tags inside straight out of its watery grave. MT was with Fotis during this very stop. Also, when Fotis took the truck's bedliner to lean it against the store's exterior wall, MT was there as an active participant in covering up the CS.

View attachment 476896
Law and Crime video - Day 7 moo
Glad you reiterated the excellent work done here on the license plates by law enforcement. So much good work done to document all these crimes. But the video was also stunning in HD. I can’t recall imagery this perfect at trial in a long time. Case is lucky to have the Hartford footage and the bus cams and I frankly hope to see more home security footage in nc and Farmington.

Exactly ! JS went on and on for minutes, objecting to the statements made by the detective. "What do you mean, female?" "How could you tell?" "Who told you that was a female?" " Is that the naaarrrrriitive they told you?" It was obnoxious, loud and over the top.

And, minutes later...he states on behalf of his client, that yes indeed it was her and FD in the truck !!! And, yeppers, she sure did admit to the police that it was her and fotis in there too! WTH ? The jury had to be gobsmacked by that.

I almost went back and tried to watch it again, but I couldn't.
Perhaps he is going to say he is schizophrenic and we got to witness two of his personalities today.

Time to say, “adios”…. I guess it wasn’t a long term relationship anyway….

Do you mean BF=best friend or BF=boyfriend?
No, that guy is her new(ish) boyfriend. They work together at his churro shop in Breckenridge. Although she also has that smitten little artist who wants to be her East Coast boyfriend.

Do not know about the weather there - so I will go ahead & post this.

Tuesday, January 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Sup Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T Dismissed on 8/28/20
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women). 1/10/24: 6 jurors & 5 alternates (no idea of gender).
Jury Selection (2nd one) began on 1/9/24 & ended on 1/10/24. 1 alternate juror (male) dismissed (1/17/24). 6 jurors & 4 alternates. 1/18/24: 1 juror was dismissed. Now 6 jurors & 3 alternates.
Trial began on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6 3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 & 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-6 (1/11-1/19/24) reference post #683 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-58.701181/page-35

1/22/24 Monday, Trial Day 7: Shoenhorn is referencing the Tacoma, that Vantresta mentioned. That he didn't list other vehicles associated with FD through his employees. Shoenhorn says Vantresta wouldn't have known about the Tacoma for another week. He's objecting that Sgt Vantresta stated that Albany area is a high crime area. Says it bring racism into it. Asking the judge to strike it from last week. Motion denied since the onus to raise objections to witness testimony is on counsel, not the court.
State's witnesses: Sgt. Kenneth Ventresca of the Connecticut State Police re evidence from Fotis Dulos' cellphone & checked on surveillance cameras & will return to stand on Monday for cross exam.
Michael Fitzsimons, a retired Connecticut State police detective for major crimes; who downloaded & reviewed surveillance video from the Albany Avenue seafood restaurant that police said depicts Fotis Dulos’ Ford Raptor the night of his wife's disappearance. Jurors saw screenshots & video of CCTV.
Josh Quint, who was working as a civilian analyst for the Hartford Police Dept. in 2019 & worked in the command center for more than 1,000 cameras throughout the city. Jurors saw several video of FD dropping off trash bags & MT leaning out the cab of truck.
Connecticut State Tropper Brett Attmore; who was tasked with going to the Hartford command center May 30, 2019 to review video footage of Fotis Dulos’ Raptor traveling in the city on May 24, 2019.
Another issue with a juror. One juror says he grew up with a witness (Sgt. Michael Beauton mentioned by Vantresta) on the stand, a state police sergeant. The judge allowed the juror to stay because he says he had no real relationship with the witness, although their dads were friends.
Connecticut Police Sgt. Michael Beauton. Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness played videos showing a man police believe to be Fotis Dulos discarding items along Albany Avenue. In one video, the man can be seen throwing away a black garbage bag in a trash can & then walking over a dark-colored mat toward the back of the store & also showed another video, which showed a woman who police believe to be Troconis reaching down toward the pavement from the passenger side while Fotis Dulos put something in a trash can, walked over to the passenger side & then entered the vehicle through the driver’s side to drive off.
After a brief cross-examination from defense attorney Schoenhorn, Sgt. Michael Beauton’s testimony concluded Monday afternoon & the state said it had no more witnesses to present for the day. Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning said the state has a few witnesses lined up for Tuesday & they are trying to schedule additional witnesses. Judge Kevin Randolph then adjourned court early. The trial is scheduled to resume at 10am Tuesday, 1/23/24.
For more info see post #789 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-58.701181/page-40

Why plates get the sewer on a busy road, and the blood soaked items just a municipal garbage can? People are idiots. They thought the poor neighborhood would make everything disappear … there are so many woods and secluded areas around CT and they chose a heavily watched & recorded road.
Yes, if they had just buried everything or burned it all then nothing would have been found. I think MT and FD watched too many Hollywood murder mysteries movies on their, “netflix and chill nights in” and all of FD and MT planning was overly complex but poorly researched and left them vulnerable to capture and visible on inevitable cameras….this, and not doing proper reconnaissance on their dumping area!

Today I am going to watch and hope and not question why this judge and this court are so different from what I am used to seeing. It is obvious by now that JS will blather on and on and on and nobody will stop him. It is also obvious that this court aims for about 4 hours' testimony per day. It is also obvious that the State will twist and turn and bend their questioning to accommodate JS rather than argue to the Judge that JS is out of line.

That well worn expression "It is what it is" (which I hate!) applies here.

Justice for Jennifer is all that matters in the end.

If anything, he's fair, measured, maybe overly fair. I don't know that I've ever watched a trial where the Judge himself thinks through an objection methodically and out loud like we're seeing here. Remarkably neutral.
My sense is the judge is thinking through the objections methodically and very much OUT LOUD on purpose, so that his thought process will be memorialized as part of the record.
Everything is spelled out and transparent.
The judge is not leaving room for others to interpret his intentions..aka when the appellate lawyer comes trolling. Imo

My sense is the judge is thinking through the objections methodically and very much OUT LOUD on purpose, so that his thought process will be memorialized as part of the record.
The judge is not leaving room for others to interpret his intentions..aka when the appellate lawyer comes trolling. Imo

Yes, but it is almost unheard of for judges to allow speaking objections, and then the judge amplifies them by going through his thoughts.

A much better practice is to discuss during sidebars so the jury isn't influenced. The sidebars are recorded by the court reporter and are a part of the record for appellate purposes.

All I can say is that this is the most annoying trial I have ever watched. I can't even imagine how the jurors feel having to sit through this. I find myself tuning out .. shutting it off .. going back to watch later and fast forwarding through the annoying parts on the replay.

Absolutely, with the sad result being a trial played at best 1/2 speed but I absolutely agree its all being done in pursuit or attempt of achieving justice for the Victim and for that I applaud him.

As many have said though it will be a messy and ugly and highly painful case to watch. My concern has always been justice and the jury and the impact of all of this on them as ultimately this case will be placed into their hands. The Judge has spoken about the jury a few times and so he seems to be monitoring the situation. We shall see.

As was said in above post, "it is what it is" and the State is rolling with the situation in the Court the best that they can as is the Judge. The State and the Judge are working their way methodically day by day through the mountain of evidence about the murder of JF and the conspirators tampering and hindering to prove their case against FD and MT.

Working hard day by day is the only hope of putting forward the State's case and to use a sports metaphor, the State isn't taking their 'eye off the ball' and taking the ongoing TP bait or falling into TP traps that would be tempting to attack. The State seems focused and dedicated and this is at least promising.

Its a fine balance though for the Judge and the State as a real risk exists of the train veering off the tracks as at times so far has happened imo. The focus of the State and Judge are strictly on the case and advancing the process slowly and for this I do applaud them both. Watching the trial though I recall something I think it was Jay Z said long about methodical and grinding hard work paying off over time and how, "...you can hit a half court shot once..." and I believe this! State is just grinding through the evidence and hoping it pays off with the jury over the LONG HAUL.

TP is looking to make that miracle, "half court shot once", and is most likely under resourced and weakly prepared I think vs the State. Thing is that it is possible to achieve that miracle shot but statistically improbable. Mistrial risk is above average in this case imo and so staying close to the lines probably is best bet by Judge and State.

But, State needs to play defence as well as offence so as to make the possibility of 'half court shot' near impossible and my struggle with watching this all play out has been the lack of defence from the State. Perhaps the State feels their case is so compelling that defence isn't required? We've seen a few instances of effective push back with solid results for the investment made imo by the State. Perhaps their strategy is to simply steam roller the process with overwhelming evidence and pray that resonates with Jury? IDK.

IDK, just have to watch it all play out and be patient the best that we can which can be challenging and will require for me at least personal time outs and occasional shots of tequila as this is a very rough slog vs other trials!
MOO

All I can say is that this is the most annoying trial I have ever watched. I can't even imagine how the jurors feel having to sit through this. I find myself tuning out .. shutting it off .. going back to watch later and fast forwarding through the annoying parts on the replay.
Me too! Thing is the jury can't do that and so maybe this is why Judge is limiting things to 3-4 hrs a day? Given all that is going on that is probably max the Jurors can tolerate without simply not showing up imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum