Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She k

i had same question
is it possible they have not swabbed him yet to do comparisons to keep him out of this case?
My guess is that he was irrelevant to this portion of the crime and LE has direct evidence as to his whereabouts. Remember, KM is an attorney (well, former) and a crafty one at that so my guess is that he was quite careful and specific in terms of his involvement.
MOO

State asking to be heard.

Defense Exhibit W, disk. Conversion scale only pertains to one swab. No objection if the defense notes that on cross.

The second conversion, this lab doesn't even use. Objection, relevance.

JS: this is 6th grade math

JS says it's just to illustrate.

He wants the jury to understand.

Judge sees it as closing argument. Sees no testimony on conversions to lay quantities. Pico to ounces is a closing argument.

JS wants the judge to take JUDICIAL NOTICE.

So he doesn't have to call a 6th grade teach or the head of the lab.

[A 6th grade math PROFESSOR? Some kind of 6th grade college?]

Judge says he can ask on cross how many nanos and picos in an ounce -- sustained. sustained.

JS will create a new exhibit and number it accordingly.

Jury entering.

One of the search warrants listed at least two Apple laptops. They certainly would have been searched, but I don't think we know the results. Troconis also complained about her computer being taken, but I'm not sure if it was one of the laptops listed.
Hi @MassGuy!

I went through the first batch of search warrants again last night and it listed at least 8 computers along with iPads and hard drives etc. seized from 4Jx alone.

I’m having a hard time seeing through the smoke of the conversion data etc.? If identification can be made with 3 nanograms then what difference does conversion make? It’s the limits of underlying science that seems relevant not the sample size.

Am I missing what Defence argument is here?

MOO

I’m having a hard time seeing through the smoke of the conversion data etc.? If identification can be made with 3 nanograms then what difference does conversion make? It’s the limits of underlying science that seems relevant not the sample size.

MOK
Instead of attacking the actual science, I believe he is trying to insinuate that such minute amounts are either circumstantial, irrelevant, or incorrect. If he can confuse the jury as to the validity of such high level testimony and info, he has a better chance of the jury questioning the reliability or importance of the DNA results.

ETA: AKA once again treating the jury as if they are incapable of being astute and following the evidence presented.

Instead of attacking the actual science, I believe he is trying to insinuate that such minute amounts are either circumstantial, irrelevant, or incorrect. If he can confuse the jury as to the validity of such high level testimony and info, he has a better chance of the jury questioning the reliability or importance of the DNA results.

ETA: AKA once again treating the jury as if they are incapable of being astute and following the evidence presented.
Just seemed like another “three card Monte” moment and so I reached for my wallet to make sure I wasn’t a victim of a pickpocket!

Why let science stand in the way of a good and profitable day of “three card Monte”?
MOO

Onto the fabric cutting from the Tacoma seat back

Looking at the envelope as received. LE label, then their label

Black side and a foam side. Highlighting not collected. Not tested.

JS is reading from the form filled out by a different analyst.

JS: do you know how the DNA was found?

State objects: Judge helps JS with his question -- how was it deposited.

Witness does not know how it was deposited. She only tests the sample.

Witness agrees, with a confirmatory test for blood, she cannot say an LE bloodlike sample is human blood.

JS hypothetical about MT's DNA transfering to a bag by holding it.

Objection, misstates state's hypothetical. JS inserted another person.

Could a small amount of DNA get on the bag if it was moved to another room?

State objects. Judge schools. Improper form. No value without the classical approach.

JS. Assume for a moment-- JS pulls a trash bag out....

Judge says this isn't a hypothetical.

State objects. Overrules.

Witness testifies that yes, if you touch garbage bags, you could leave DNA....

Did you test for the daughter? No. Mother? No.

Could you leave DNA on a trash bag if you were inside cleaning?

Judge says we have already heard how DNA can be transferred. Overruled.

JS forgot his question. Audio playedback.

State objects again. Foundation.

Needless presentation of cumulative evidence. Sustained.

Assume if MT is in a truck with FD and she touched him, could her DNA be transferred by him to the trash bag?

State objection. Counsel is introducing closing argument.

Judge says he is asking for the witness to opine.

She describes secondary transfer. Many factors. Shedders.

5% deconvoluted is a minor contributor? Yes.

MOO
No.
It's circular on purpose. He wants you to think that FD transfered MT's DNA onto the bags at Albany and, if not that, that the daughter and the mother touched those bags.

JMO

One of the search warrants listed at least two Apple laptops. They certainly would have been searched, but I don't think we know the results. Troconis also complained about her computer being taken, but I'm not sure if it was one of the laptops listed.
Hoping something came out of that search that will be in the trial. Maybe wishful thinking?

Now talking about a green and yellow sponge located inside a trash bag

Witness did the mitochondrial DNA test to develop a profile.

PG could not be excluded... so JS points out also his mother and siblings could not be excluded

[He is throwing MT's daughter under the bus? Wow.]

The cutting from the shirt

2 contributors
JS says a match to the person we know as Jennifer
And the brassiere --
100 billion x
Witness says the knowns were all eliminates.

JS: did you compare it to KM?

No, just the known profiles.

End of cross

No.
It's circular on purpose. He wants you to think that FD transfered MT's DNA onto the bags at Albany and, if not that, that the daughter and the mother touched those bags.

JMO
Ah yes!

Family reunion quick group cleanup while preparing to go for a latte on Albany!

That makes total sense…..

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online