Not open for further replies.
JS: three skin cells....

State objects: there's no evidence this came from skin cells, overruled

JS.... if she sneezed...

Touch DNA....

Judge is calling for lunch.

Until 2pm

MOO

If I could, may I volunteer myself for a root canal?

JS is going to bog this down with numbers. So we went from billions down to trillionths...

If even just three cells from the defendant are on that bag, that's three too many to exonerate her!

MOO

So, going into afternoon session the State presented MT DNA on black garbage bags and black tape?

Just wanted to make sure I got the morning MT results down correctly.
MOO

MOO

If I could, may I volunteer myself for a root canal?

JS is going to bog this down with numbers. So we went from billions down to trillionths...

If even just three cells from the defendant are on that bag, that's three too many to exonerate her!

MOO
Correct! Today we are seeing numbers being thrown around instead of spaghetti! Try to look through the smoke! See image below.
MOO

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 4
She said testing of a garbage bag police say Fotis Dulos threw out in Hartford on the evening of his wife's disappearance she analyzed were several hundred thousand times more likely to have come from Troconis and three unknown individuals than others.

But she said she couldn't determine Troconis had actually touched it just from that result.

"I can't say who touched the bag for any of these conclusion," she said.

Later, the prosecutor said Troconis told investigators during her third interview — which has yet to be played in court — told police she held a bag open as Fotis Dulos "deposited something" into it.

"Is it possible that her DNA could have gotten on the bag as she was holding it?" McGuinness asked.

"Yes, that's possible," Madel said.

Maybe her third interview (or just that part) with Det Kimball will be shown next?

MOO

Dry morning so far.

But we do have DNA linked to FD in the same trash with damaged and bloody clothing matched to JFd.

Hoping for some strong linkage to the defendant.

I'm glued to this witness.

Who is the idiot who scheduled me for a dentist appointment, tomorrow morning, in the middle of the trial?????

Rotten timing.

MOO
Watch on your phone & use ear buds during your dentist. Can listen & catch up later

She said testing of a garbage bag police say Fotis Dulos threw out in Hartford on the evening of his wife's disappearance she analyzed were several hundred thousand times more likely to have come from Troconis and three unknown individuals than others.

But she said she couldn't determine Troconis had actually touched it just from that result.

"I can't say who touched the bag for any of these conclusion," she said.

Later, the prosecutor said Troconis told investigators during her third interview — which has yet to be played in court — told police she held a bag open as Fotis Dulos "deposited something" into it.

"Is it possible that her DNA could have gotten on the bag as she was holding it?" McGuinness asked.

"Yes, that's possible," Madel said.

Maybe her third interview (or just that part) with Det Kimball will be shown next?

Regarding the 3rd interview - which is from August 13, 2020 - yes it was said it would be played later [when? no idea]. And I will use your post as reference in my notes since you posted to the CTInsider article I was going to reference. :)

iI am hoping there is a smoking gun coming up, because if it's just the DNA we know about from the AA, I don't think they're proving anything beyond a REASONABLE doubt.
I am not sure we are going to have any new revelations with the testing, anything that we did not already know. It will be great if we get some new info re MT dna, but I think the State is fine with what they have. The dna is only one piece of the puzzle.
I learned in another case here on WS that dna analysis, finger print analysis and blood analysis are all circumstantial evidence and not direct evidence.I had not understood that until then ( Suzanne Morphew case).
The State has not laid out there entire case yet, but I believe it is a case made up of largely, if not all circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence requires juries to connect the dots – or put together the puzzle pieces.
There are many other parts of the puzzle the jury has not seen yet.
There are more animated witnesses to come and actually the third MT ionterview to play etc

I also don’t believe in the saying “losing the jury”.The jurors are there for the long haul ( fingers crossed) and consider all the evidence – they are not going to deliberate today and render a verdict. Each day they may lean a certain way but thats fine - you just need them leaning your way when all is said and done.
They are going to look at the totality of everything when all has been presented. They are not discussing it with one another - until all has been presented and the judge asks them deliberate.

( I have not been able to watch today so just taking a minute to catch up – apologies if this all has been stated already)

All JMO

I am not sure we are going to have any new revelations with the testing, anything that we did not already know. It will be great if we get some new info re MT dna, but I think the State is fine with what they have. The dna is only one piece of the puzzle.
I learned in another case here on WS that dna analysis, finger print analysis and blood analysis are all circumstantial evidence and not direct evidence.I had not understood that until then ( Suzanne Morphew case).
The State has not laid out there entire case yet, but I believe it is a case made up of largely, if not all circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence requires juries to connect the dots – or put together the puzzle pieces.
There are many other parts of the puzzle the jury has not seen yet.
There are more animated witnesses to come and actually the third MT ionterview to play etc

I also don’t believe in the saying “losing the jury”.The jurors are there for the long haul ( fingers crossed) and consider all the evidence – they are not going to deliberate today and render a verdict. Each day they may lean a certain way but thats fine - you just need them leaning your way when all is said and done.
They are going to look at the totality of everything when all has been presented. They are not discussing it with one another - until all has been presented and the judge asks them deliberate.

( I have not been able to watch today so just taking a minute to catch up – apologies if this all has been stated already)

All JMO
You picked a good day to miss.

Jmo

JS: you went through a lot of stuff and I'm not going to ask you about any of it.
NO need to bother with facts and data.

Nope, not at all….

Instead we get hours and hours of “testimony cross” with statements beginning with, “Won’t you agree”…..”Will you agree with me”, “am I correct in saying”…..

Blah, blah and more blah…..

MOO

Regarding the 3rd interview - which is from August 13, 2020 - yes it was said it would be played later [when? no idea]. And I will use your post as reference in my notes since you posted to the CTInsider article I was going to reference. :)
So these DNA results seem to have been analyzed 8/2/19, so I would imagine we are getting close to the third interview depending on what other relevant information was gleaned between these two dates.

I apologize if this has been discussed. Were FD and MT laptops ever seized and searched?
One of the search warrants listed at least two Apple laptops. They certainly would have been searched, but I don't think we know the results. Troconis also complained about her computer being taken, but I'm not sure if it was one of the laptops listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enni007