Found Deceased CT - Jessica Edwards, 30, South Windsor, 9 May 2021 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In an interview Saturday morning, Cleverdon said Hutchinson was initially incredibly cooperative with investigators.
“As they narrowed the investigation, it became more directed at Mr. Hutchinson,” he said. “We didn’t want to prematurely point the finger at him ... We were cautious at first because he was cooperating. We didn’t want to spook him, we didn’t want to lose him.”
Cleverdon said Hutchinson’s cellphone data led investigators to East Hartford. Edwards’ body was found between 9:30 and 10 a.m. Friday in a heavily wooded area not far from a trail area off the road.

Edwards’ cause of death is still pending investigation by the state’s chief medical examiner. Cleverdon said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday morning, but that an official report might not be ready to be released immediately.

Cleverdon and the department’s deputy chief notified Edwards’ family after her body was found.

“They have been absolute warriors through this and I know they are hurting,” Cleverdon said. “Their suspicions of what happened ... certainly helped us with this investigation. That drive helped push us forward as well.”

While Hutchinson currently faces a manslaughter offense, Cleverdon said his agency advocated for a murder charge — and that one is still possible. He said the charge decision comes for what the State’s Attorney can prosecute. For now, that’s believed to be a manslaughter charge…

Police: Husband's cooperation with investigators led to his arrest in death of CT woman

In an interview Saturday morning, Cleverdon said Hutchinson was initially incredibly cooperative with investigators.
“As they narrowed the investigation, it became more directed at Mr. Hutchinson,” he said. “We didn’t want to prematurely point the finger at him ... We were cautious at first because he was cooperating. We didn’t want to spook him, we didn’t want to lose him.”
Cleverdon said Hutchinson’s cellphone data led investigators to East Hartford. Edwards’ body was found between 9:30 and 10 a.m. Friday in a heavily wooded area not far from a trail area off the road.

Edwards’ cause of death is still pending investigation by the state’s chief medical examiner. Cleverdon said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday morning, but that an official report might not be ready to be released immediately.

Cleverdon and the department’s deputy chief notified Edwards’ family after her body was found.

“They have been absolute warriors through this and I know they are hurting,” Cleverdon said. “Their suspicions of what happened ... certainly helped us with this investigation. That drive helped push us forward as well.”

While Hutchinson currently faces a manslaughter offense, Cleverdon said his agency advocated for a murder charge — and that one is still possible. He said the charge decision comes for what the State’s Attorney can prosecute. For now, that’s believed to be a manslaughter charge…
Police: Husband's cooperation with investigators led to his arrest in death of CT woman
Basically, it sounds like LE thinks they can prove intent either with the evidence they have or COD. Interesting.

bbm
No, not at all.

I also think she may not have been the one to send the message at 2:30am. :(
Moms of 7 months old babies and going to classes usually get sleep whenever they can !
Imo.
Ever since we learned it was not a voice call but an email/system message, I’ve never thought she sent that message. Not to mention she was getting ready to graduate, why miss classes now?

I think we all know why, sadly.
So tragic.

Trying to catch up, sorry of this has been been posted...

3 hours ago Body of missing Connecticut mother found in woods, husband arrested - Times News Express

The day prior, Edwards visited her mother and sister in East Hartford. Hutchinson claimed she left their South Windsor condominium early the next morning and that he had not seen her since. He also told investigators his wife left in another person’s car, but police “do not believe that’s accurate” anymore, Cleverdon said.

You know, if you're gonna dispose of your spouse's body, there are three rules you really need to keep in mind:
1. Make sure you don't bring your cell phone with you.
2. Leave your cell phone at home.
3. Double check that you don't have your cell phone with you.

Not that complicated.

Missing Connecticut mom found dead, husband arrested

The body of Jessica Edwards, 30, the mother of a 7-month-old, was discovered in the entrance of a park near the Hockanum River in East Hartford on Friday morning, South Windsor police said.

Her husband, Tahj Hutchinson, 22, was arrested on a manslaughter charge around 9 p.m., police said. Autopsy results are pending, and more charges are possible.

Police did not say how Edwards died. The state medical examiner's office will determine the cause and manner of death, Cleverdon said.

Hutchinson was being held in lieu of $1 million bail, police said. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Cleverdon said that location data from a phone related to the investigation helped lead police to the location near the entrance of Hockanum River Linear Park where the body was found.

You know, if you're gonna dispose of your spouse's body, there are three rules you really need to keep in mind:
1. Make sure you don't bring your cell phone with you.
2. Leave your cell phone at home.
3. Double check that you don't have your cell phone with you.

Not that complicated.
4. Cellphone? What cell phone?

Trying to catch up, sorry of this has been been posted...

3 hours ago Body of missing Connecticut mother found in woods, husband arrested - Times News Express

The day prior, Edwards visited her mother and sister in East Hartford. Hutchinson claimed she left their South Windsor condominium early the next morning and that he had not seen her since. He also told investigators his wife left in another person’s car, but police “do not believe that’s accurate” anymore, Cleverdon said.
I don't think LE ever believed she left in an invisible car with an unknown person, but were going along with it to "not spook" the husband as stated in previous post.

They played their hand well. And, they credit Jessica's family. I hate the outcome, but baby is safe and husband is behind bars. And, Jessica is found.

jmo

Per the below article, TH (husband) confessed to LE.

"Police told NBC Connecticut that they were able to obtain a confession from Hutchinson but did not provide details on what the confession entailed." - Vigil to Be Held in South Windsor For Jessica Edwards

Additionally, the following article has photos of TH speaking to LE earlier in the day before he was officially arrested. Unfortunately, his knuckles look awful, which breaks my heart... MOO. I think it's behind a paywall, so I attached a version of the photo and the link.
Husband charged with first-degree manslaughter, held on $1M bond in death of South Windsor woman; to be arraigned Monday

Attachments

• received_488893442348406.jpeg
    received_488893442348406.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 110
It might be early to guess motive here ; but I'm going to speculate that she found out something nefarious he was up to, or he was not the person whom he portrayed himself to be, and she was ready to leave him ?
Imo.
So sorry for this young woman's family and esp. her baby !

It might be early to guess motive here ; but I'm going to speculate that she found out something nefarious he was up to, or he was not the person whom he portrayed himself to be, and she was ready to leave him ?
Imo.
So sorry for this young woman's family and esp. her baby !
That could be.

My hunch has been that she came home after having a nice time with family, in good spirits, only to find that he left work for her to do (messy kitchen, undone chores) as passive-agressive ways to ruin her mother's day good mood. Perhaps he is jealous of her accomplishments and close family, or resentful he has a wife older than he is and he is a father. She was going places with her studies and career, and perhaps he felt insecure about that.

She needed to get up for work the next day plus, likely, tend to the baby that night too. I think tempers flared and an argument turned violent at his hands.

It could've been an argument that any tired couple could have after a long day, but he couldn't handle the criticism and, well, he shut her up. :(

All speculation, of course.

I know I keep saying it, but I'm just grateful the baby is safe.

jmo

Husband charged in death of missing Connecticut mom hours after her body was found

May 22, 2021, 1:22 PM

Hours after police found the body of a missing Connecticut mother, her husband was arrested and charged in connection with her death.

Jessica Edwards, 30, was reported missing by her family on May 10, police said, a day after celebrating her first Mother's Day. Her family had "grave concern" for her well-being, the South Windsor Police Department said, as there continued to be no sign of her days into the investigation.

After a nearly two-week search, the South Windsor Police Department announced Friday evening that they had found her body earlier that day in the entrance to the Hockanum River Linear Park in East Hartford. There wasn't a person of interest at the time, Sgt. Mark Cleverdon said during a press briefing, though they expected to have another update later that night.

[..]

A few hours later, the department announced they had arrested Edwards' husband, Tahj Hutchinson, 22, in connection with her death.

He has been charged with first-degree manslaughter, though additional charges may be filed pending the autopsy results and completion of the investigation, police said.

Hutchinson was taken into custody Friday at 9 p.m. and is being held on a $1 million bond. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday. It is unclear whether Hutchinson has an attorney.

Connecticut mom Jessica Edwards’ body found, husband arrested: reports

5/22/21

The body of missing Connecticut mother Jessica Edwards has been found and her husband has been arrested in connection with the death, according to reports.

Edwards, 30, of South Windsor, was last seen May 10, the day after Mother’s Day, FOX 61 of Hartford reported. Her body was found Friday morning at the entrance to Hockanum River Linear Park in East Hartford, the report said.

The park is about five miles from central South Windsor. Family members of Edwards were spotted at the park by FOX 61 after police had left the scene.

[..]

The couple had an 8-month-old son, Jayden, the Journal Inquirer of Manchester reported.

The baby was removed from a Manchester home where Hutchinson was arrested, the newspaper reported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back