Found Deceased CT - Jessica Edwards, 30, South Windsor, 9 May 2021 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the warrant: he said he flipped her on her stomach and *knelt on her neck/back*. At some point, she stopped moving and he didn’t know why so he stood up to tend to the baby. What?! Didn’t know why? Has he not glanced at a newspaper in the past year?!
OMG. That hit hard.

Good point. He sure as heck knows what happens when you kneel on someone's neck/back.

jmo

From the warrant: he said he flipped her on her stomach and *knelt on her neck/back*. At some point, she stopped moving and he didn’t know why so he stood up to tend to the baby. What?! Didn’t know why? Has he not glanced at a newspaper in the past year?!
Exactly. My first thought. Copy cat syndrome. IMO I think that's exactly how she died.

I don't believe any of this nonsense for one minute. The autopsy will show what really happened, how she died and I bet it's suffocation from him KNEELING ON HER NECK! What a sick, psychopath. She was ready to leave him. He couldn't have that. So he did the unthinkable to the mother of his child! Is there a chance the charges can get upgraded maybe to premeditated murder?

Exactly. My first thought. Copy cat syndrome. IMO I think that's exactly how she died.

I wonder if this is a sick joke on the part of the accused—seems very unlikely that he wouldn’t have at least a minimal awareness of the recently-concluded murder trial for Derek Chauvin and the potentially-fatal consequences of kneeling on the back of a prone person. I personally will not be surprised if autopsy results reveal there was manual or ligature strangulation involved, as this seems like a crime of rage and I can’t see him just “kneeling on her back” whereas I can imagine him getting her on a prone position on the ground and then choking or strangling her. This is all conjecture/MOO.

I don't believe any of this nonsense for one minute. The autopsy will show what really happened, how she died and I bet it's suffocation from him KNEELING ON HER NECK! What a sick, psychopath. She was ready to leave him. He couldn't have that. So he did the unthinkable to the mother of his child! Is there a chance the charges can get upgraded maybe to premeditated murder?
I actually am not convinced that's how she died and I'm really wondering what the COD will come out as. Opposite to what PP said, I think it's *exactly* that he knows what happens when you kneel on someone's neck and used that as the first excuse he would think of. I think it will come out that it was much more intentional than that...

Also, we left her there on the floor for a full day??? Disgusting.

I'm confused about the timing though. We've all thought JE didn't send the message overnight excusing herself from class on Monday, but TH makes it sound as if JE died Monday morning... If they can prove he sent the message, is that enough for intent? Or did JE really send it thinking she just wouldn't be mentally and emotionally up to class that day?

I wonder if this is a sick joke on the part of the accused—seems very unlikely that he wouldn’t have at least a minimal awareness of the recently-concluded murder trial for Derek Chauvin and the potentially-fatal consequences of kneeling on the back of a prone person. I personally will not be surprised if autopsy results reveal there was manual or ligature strangulation involved, as this seems like a crime of rage and I can’t see him just “kneeling on her back” whereas I can imagine him getting her on a prone position on the ground and then choking or strangling her. This is all conjecture/MOO.
I completely agree with this. My immediate though was manual asphyxiation and his brain jumped to Chauvin as an "accidental" example hoping the autopsy would just conclude asphyxiation. MOO.

Also from warrant: He took cellphone photos of the computer screen showing her bank account info at 6:43am Monday (day after Mothers' Day), at a time when he had told LE he was sleeping.
Am I confused or is this around when JE died? Could this have been part of the escalation? And what was the point?

@CChauFOX61
·JUST IN: Judge sets bond at $1.5M for TJ Hutchinson. He is to have no contact with the family. Court has ended.

@zach_murdock
Keren Prescott, of Power Up CT, gave a statement to the court on behalf of the family asking a judge to deny him any bond. Edwards’ family huddled in the courtroom hallway afterward, hugging and crying.
We understand some of Hutchinson’s family also was here but in a separate courtroom (still some COVID restrictions at play, too, obviously) but we haven’t gotten to speak to them. Edwards’ family and Prescott are expected to address the media outside shortly.

Last edited:
Am I confused or is this around when JE died? Could this have been part of the escalation? And what was the point?
I don't know what the point was. It proves he was lying to LE, which is good for the investigation. He said he was sleeping but he wasn't. Investigators asked he if was jealous and spying on her, which he denied. He also had her ID in his car. Perhaps he meant to spend the money to escape?? Maybe checking to see if she was hiding money from him as a divorce move, during the fight?

jmo

@CChauFOX61
Family rep says the family needs a little bit of space while they grieve while raising Jessica Edwards’s baby boy. They are happy the judge increased bail and it can only be done in court. “We can’t get justice but we can get accountability.”
Family of Jessica Edwards coming out of court. “This is domestic violence.” Family does not want to comment on the baby. “He allegedly knew where she was. Meanwhile the family is searching everywhere and they’re on the news crying.”

@CChauFOX61
Family rep says the family needs a little bit of space while they grieve while raising Jessica Edwards’s baby boy. They are happy the judge increased bail and it can only be done in court. “We can’t get justice but we can get accountability.”
Family of Jessica Edwards coming out of court. “This is domestic violence.” Family does not want to comment on the baby. “He allegedly knew where she was. Meanwhile the family is searching everywhere and they’re on the news crying.”
Good people. And they are strong.

jmo

Jessica Edwards found dead; Husband in court on related charges | fox61.com

According to the arrest warrant, initially denied knowing what happened to his wife, however, days later he told police that the two got into a verbal argument on Mother’s Day weekend.

He said the argument turned physical on May 10, with them wrestling on the ground for a kitchen knife. According to Hutchinson, he pinned her to the ground, eventually flipping her on her stomach and kneeling on her back and neck, the court documents said.

He said Edwards stopped moving. Hutchinson told police he came back a little later and she was still not moving and did not respond to him. That’s when Hutchinson said he realized she was dead. Hutchinson said he left Edwards on the floor on a blanket throughout the day while her family was calling him looking for her.

Later that night, Hutchinson said he loaded Jessica’s body in the back of his Jeep and left when the family came over. He said he drove to a “random GPS” location and dragged her body into a wooded area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back