Found Deceased CT - Jessica Edwards, 30, South Windsor, 9 May 2021 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His other gifts were just as awful for a first mother's day IMO. A card and an Ulta gift card. Smh.
She might have been miffed and ready to dump the guy but she also was ready to take exams and get to the day at hand that Monday. She has a great family who helps with the baby, and wasn't reliant on a slacker husband for anything.

She had specific things to do that day that required her attention, and there is no way I think she threatened him with a knife. (Maybe she picked one up to protect herself, but even that I doubt.) I bet she just wanted to study, not continue the weekend's argument.

I can understand manslaughter at this point, but the autopsy report might bump up the charges to murder. We'll see what COD was. He mentions he "hit her head"...that might be that HE hit her head.

jmo

Affidavit: Husband confessed to killing Jessica Edwards during apparent fight

Hutchinson told police that he and Edwards had been arguing all day May 8, with him eventually blocking her from calling his phone or contacting him through Facebook, the affidavit states.

He told police the arguing continued May 9 until it “escalated to a physical confrontation,” according to the affidavit. Hutchinson claimed to police his wife “was attempting to hit him and threw household items at him,” according to the affidavit.

Hutchinson told investigators at some point on May 9, he pushed his wife hard, and she hit her head on something and bled from her ear, the affidavit said. When Edwards left that night to pick up their son from her mother’s house in East Hartford, Hutchinson told police he fell asleep. When Edwards got home, she woke him up and they briefly argued before going to bed in separate rooms, he told police.

On May 10, “they woke up in the morning and continued arguing,” the affidavit said Hutchinson told officers.

Hutchinson claimed to officers that Edwards hit him in the head with a laptop and allegedly grabbed a knife from the kitchen, the affidavit said.

“He stated … they wrestled over the knife and he eventually pinned her on the ground on the living room floor, him on top of her and her on her back,” the affidavit said. “He stated that they continued in a physical confrontation and he was able to flip her over onto her stomach and was kneeling on her back and neck area with his body weight, holding her down.”

The sister told police she demanded Hutchinson open the back of the Jeep, which was locked, and he instead drove out of the parking lot as she chased after him, holding on to the door handle, the affidavit said. As soon as he drove off, she called 911.

About half an hour later, Hutchinson showed up — barefoot — at East Hartford Police Department to report Edwards missing, despite the couple living in South Windsor.

Hutchinson later explained to police during his confession that he wasn’t wearing shoes because they got muddy from dumping Edwards’ body in the wooded area before going to the police station, the affidavit said.

On May 13, Hutchinson agreed to allow investigators to search his home and three vehicles.

During a search of the Jeep, the affidavit said, police “saw a few small red stains consistent with a possible bloodlike substance” on a blanket in the back of the vehicle. The affidavit said blood was found on the handle of the cargo area privacy cover in the Jeep. In the console, investigators found Edwards’ debit card and her driver’s license, the affidavit said.

In the home, the affidavit said, investigators seized a pillow found in the bedroom with “blood staining on it.”

On May 20, investigators obtained cellphone data requested from T-Mobile for the records of Hutchinson and Edwards. The affidavit said data showed Hutchinson’s cellphone connected with a tower near Labor Park in East Hartford on May 10 between 10:57 p.m. and 11:07 p.m. This was after Edwards’ sister confronted him at the couple’s South Windsor condo, and before he reported his wife missing to East Hartford police.

The data showed Hutchinson returned a few hours later from around 2:30 to 3 a.m. May 11, according to the affidavit.

Knew it. Wonder where he got that idea. So now he will say it was an accident, and thought he was just restraining her. Somehow, that's not going to fly after the past year of news.
I agree, he got the idea from the Floyd case. Grr...that is infuriating.

I have a feeling they are going to stick with manslaughter rather than murder, though, rather that add a higher charge. We'll see, I guess.

jmo

I agree, he got the idea from the Floyd case. Grr...that is infuriating.

I have a feeling they are going to stick with manslaughter rather than murder, though, rather that add a higher charge. We'll see, I guess.

jmo
LE originally sounded hopeful they can upgrade the charges, so I wonder if they found evidence of premeditation during their physical and electronic searches? As it stands now though, I agree that staying with the lesser charge is more likely to stick. MOO.

Jessica Edwards' death caused by compression to torso and neck, ruled a homicide: medical examiner

Police said in the affidavit what Hutchinson told them did not match up with evidence they had collected in the house, through security cameras in the condo complex, and data from his phone, bank records, and the baby monitor.

The medical examiner ruled the death of South Windsor mother Jessica Edwards a homicide on Monday afternoon.

The Office of the Chief State's Medical Examiner said the cause of death was asphyxia due to compression of the torso and neck and ruled the death a homicide.

In the arrest warrant affidavit, police said Hutchinson confessed to the killing when they questioned him Friday outside his parents’ Manchester home after they discovered Edwards’ body.

“Tahj provided them with a confession to what had happened,” the affidavit said.

Throughout their interviews with Hutchinson, investigators described him as “visibly unemotional” about Edwards’ disappearance, adding that he never asked for updates on the case when they contacted him, the affidavit shows.

The document states that Hutchinson had a roughly 18-minute window to dispose of Edwards’ body before he showed up at the East Hartford station. He later told investigators he returned to the area where he left Edwards’ body early the next morning, but wasn’t able to find her, according to the affidavit.

Investigators did not point to a motive for the killing, but acknowledged in the affidavit that Edwards’ sister found divorce documents in the home. Edwards completed the documents, but did not file them, according to the affidavit.

When police searched the home on May 10, the day Edwards’ was reported missing, they did not find evidence of a struggle or of a crime scene that had been cleaned up. Police found that the couple’s bedroom door had been forced open, which one of the investigators said was a sign of a possible earlier domestic violence incident where one person is locked in a room to protect themselves from another person. It was unclear if police believed that incident happened over the weekend or another time.

As the family gathered in tears outside the courthouse, Prescott said they knew it was not realistic to ask for that bond be denied, but those gathered were hoping to send a message that this type of violence will not be tolerated. They have asked Hartford’s top prosecutor, State’s Attorney Sharmese Walcott, to personally handle the case.

LE originally sounded hopeful they can upgrade the charges, so I wonder if they found evidence of premeditation during their physical and electronic searches? As it stands now though, I agree that staying with the lesser charge is more likely to stick. MOO.
In the arrest warrant, it states that they found the door to her bedroom had been pried open, and that the handle was still in the locked position. This is a common situation in DV cases, where the victim is trying to get away from the perpetrator who is threatening to harm them. So he had to break in to attack her. Sick.

Read point 29 in the warrant: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-11eb-a864-6b2e09dd89dc/60abacc16fa0f.pdf.pdf

05/24/2021

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that TAHJ HUTCHINSON, with docket number H12MCR210285716S, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Plea Hearing has been scheduled for 06/01/2021. This will take place in GA 12 Manchester Courthouse located at the following address: 410 Center Street, Manchester, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

Jessica was, according to my OH, very small and petite. She could well have a knife to defend herself from a violent husband bit IMO the rest is absolute . There is no way she could have overpowered him and pinning her to the floor "in self defence" makes zero sense. That along with breaking the door open makes it pretty obvious he is full of it in his confession.

MOO

On May 13, Hutchinson agreed to allow investigators to search his home and three vehicles.

During a search of the Jeep, the affidavit said, police “saw a few small red stains consistent with a possible bloodlike substance” on a blanket in the back of the vehicle. The affidavit said blood was found on the handle of the cargo area privacy cover in the Jeep. In the console, investigators found Edwards’ debit card and her driver’s license, the affidavit said.

In the home, the affidavit said, investigators seized a pillow found in the bedroom with “blood staining on it.”

On May 20, investigators obtained cellphone data requested from T-Mobile for the records of Hutchinson and Edwards. The affidavit said data showed Hutchinson’s cellphone connected with a tower near Labor Park in East Hartford on May 10 between 10:57 p.m. and 11:07 p.m. This was after Edwards’ sister confronted him at the couple’s South Windsor condo, and before he reported his wife missing to East Hartford police.

The data showed Hutchinson returned a few hours later from around 2:30 to 3 a.m. May 11, according to the affidavit.
I wonder why exactly he went back to the woods in the middle of the night when he couldn’t find her. Was he thinking of moving her deeper into the woods or covering her body more completely?

With so much blood evidence I am confused why it was just asphyxiation.. I think they’ll end up charging him with more than manslaughter as she seems to have more than one type of injury which might point to extra intention and premed.

Dumbfounded how many cases they find a divorce in the works. Sounds like a brutal attack of breakup violence. I had wondered why her fb status said “single” and his said “married” :(

so disturbed to read of the door having been forcefully opened. I have been in an abusive relationship and to this day I flee to calm down and process when arguments heat up.. to think of someone coming at you and breaking down doors to get you is a total nightmare!!! Moo

In the arrest warrant, it states that they found the door to her bedroom had been pried open, and that the handle was still in the locked position. This is a common situation in DV cases, where the victim is trying to get away from the perpetrator who is threatening to harm them. So he had to break in to attack her. Sick.

Read point 29 in the warrant: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-11eb-a864-6b2e09dd89dc/60abacc16fa0f.pdf.pdf
Yeah, this occurred to me when I was rereading it... There's a clear intent to cause harm, but they need to be able to prove the intent was to kill intentionally. I'd be curious to know if this was a pattern of behavior.

I can appreciate why the guinea pigs would start a fight: one more thing to take care of, IMO. More things to feed and clean up.
I wouldn’t trust that there was a fight over guinea pigs. If you can still see SM, she did not seem to be hating on guinea pigs- in fact the opposite.
Divorce papers more like it.
So maybe he went out and got her guinea pigs, in response to a random SM post she made earlier, being desperate to try to keep her from filing. So perhaps guinea pigs didn’t change her mind, but I doubt guinea pigs were at the center of it.
The fact he mentioned the guinea pigs to LE is more likely a reflection of his bruised ego, which often leads to this kind of tragic end in DV cases.
<MOO only>

I may have missed it, but where was the baby during the disposal of her body?

several articles including an interview with her sister and one with her mother shared that he had the baby in his care.
I remember reading one article that stated one of his reasons for not searching was because he was watching the baby.
Also recall the mother crying and saying she wanted to see her grandson, etc...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back