Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've heard about a 3pm text but haven't seen anything to prove it. From the link I posted: "The last cell phone activity on Allen’s phone was on Monday, December 26, at around 2:30 p.m., and he made that call in the general area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I missed that about he second text. Margaret Henry Road is in Sterling and runs parallel to his road about 1 mile as the crow flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard about a 3pm text but haven't seen anything to prove it. From the link I posted: "The last cell phone activity on Allen’s phone was on Monday, December 26, at around 2:30 p.m., and he made that call in the general area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly"

ok now we are getting somewhere, i didnt even check your link, i thought it was a link to info about phone type because of the way it got shortened :p im not being very thorough :O

2:30pm at an area (margaret henry road) that is right in between old furnace state park and cucumber hill road, the previously given area, still very close to his home, and that road runs far enough south that we might be talking about very close to his home

it is also a fairly precise location to give, much more precise than the previous info (OFSP and CH Rd.) they may have had triangulation on his cell at that point and just have not given out the exact narrowed down location for purposes of protecting the investigation.

im probably not stating something correctly - but surely if you turn your phone off and go to bed, and someone texts you at 1am 3am and 5am, when you turn your phone on at 6am and get those texts you can see the times they were sent to you right?.

No. Mine shows time I received it, when I turn on my phone and notification comes through of text received.

and if the times in that (most recent) article are correct then he is within about 2 miles of his home approx. 2 hours after he left.

ok now we are getting somewhere, i didnt even check your link, i thought it was a link to info about phone type because of the way it got shortened [emoji14] im not being very thorough :O

2:30pm at an area (margaret henry road) that is right in between old furnace state park and cucumber hill road, the previously given area, still very close to his home, and that road runs far enough south that we might be talking about very close to his home

it is also a fairly precise location to give, much more precise than the previous info (OFSP and CH Rd.) they may have had triangulation on his cell at that point and just have not given out the exact narrowed down location for purposes of protecting the investigation.
Oopsie I didn't grab the link correctly from my phone. Just didn't want hearsay making its way over here from the FB page. 3pm text was mentioned there, but nothing to back it up as of yet... I took a walk on the wild side there for a bit before kindly showing myself the door.

I think the 2:30 phone activity wasn't immediately known but what made them extend their search based on "new information" December 30:
"New information was developed, therefore, troopers are broadening the search area,” authorities said Friday.

While authorities were mum on details, they said they are now searching South Killingly towards the Rhode Island state line. They deployed K-9 Search and Rescue teams, as well as the state police helicopter."

Also:
"According to police, the last phone contact with Allen was at about 1:50 p.m. on Monday. "

Makes me wonder if 2:30 was a phone call that wasn't answered?... Sorry I'm not linking article, my phone isn't being user friendly today, but it's linked up thread already.

I missed that about he second text. Margaret Henry Road is in Sterling and runs parallel to his road about 1 mile as the crow flies.

SO close to home!!

So the last ping was around Margaret Henry Road in Killingly, am I reading that right? In Killingly, where Margaret Henry Road ends and you have to turn one way or the other on Providence Pike, you can't really see it on Google Maps top-down view, but there are two towers basically across from there. I don't know if they're radio or cell or both. Probably both. Is that where he pinged on? If so, that's interesting. I live near there and I have seen people on ATVs and dirtbikes go into the woods right across from where MH Road ends. You can see on Google Maps top-down view that there's a decent sized stretch of woods there, right at the end across from MH Road and those towers, sort of encircled by Terwelliger Road. I'm pretty sure the ATVs and dirtbikers I've seen going around that area are people who live in the more east side of that little "panel" of forest, off Prov Pike and Bailey Hill (which also encircles that stretch of forest, and meets with Terwelliger to enclose it off) but that must mean there's at least some sort of informal trails back there. I have no idea if anyone's taken a look there. The forest there is close, but not super close*, so a helicopter or drone flyover should be able to at least spot a red dirtbike if it's there. It's a total off-chance, and I don't really see this kid randomly dirtbiking around there by himself the day after Christmas when there are actual trails he could be on (I think a lot of that forest is technically owned by the people around the area)...but it was nagging at me, so I felt I had to post. I don't have, and refuse to get, a Facebook, so I can't really see what's been searched and what hasn't or post there so I figured here is better. Hope they find this kid.

*edit: I just realized this sounds weird - by "close" I mean "dense".

? Question still reading. Did either person that he texted call 911 or his parents?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

steelman cell phone.jpg

You guys need to get a new phone like the one I have........circa 1993.

You never have to worry about losing it around the house, and if you ever get lost in the woods, you can snuggle up against it to stay warm.

The guy at the swap meet said these are making a big comeback and everybody wants one............

View attachment 107203

You never have to worry about losing it around the house, and if you ever get lost in the woods, you can snuggle up against it to stay warm.

The guy at the swap meet said these are making a big comeback and everybody wants one............

Only you, Steelman. :D

? Question still reading. Did either person that he texted call 911 or his parents?

No call was reported and search didn't start until next day so I doubt it. To point out: there were 2 texting conversations about the same time. One regarding that crash. The other one (sent before crash text) said nothing about crash. The "activity" on his phone at 2:30 hasn't been disclosed.

I did note that the most recent article said the last CONTACT with TJ was the crash text. Which led me to wonder if he made a call that wasn't answered at 2:30. Or... Which leads me to wonder, who drives around on a dirt bike calling and texting? Hmmm....

Also, is Oneco anywhere near these pings? I wish we could share the text message screenshots here, but also have a new found respect for TOS.

This kid has been missing since 12/26 ? Two texts out to friends and then nothing afterwards ? Is that all the details we know ?

First of all, just because he was able to send out a text, or even a couple of them, doesn't mean he was necessarily in good health. I've had accidents on dirt bikes where I crashed and got back on the bike only to find out later that I had a sprained ankle and a broken collarbone. I had the same thing happen when I got thrown off a horse on the side of a mountain one time. I got back on him and rode 4 miles back to a barn, never realizing that my right ankle had been crushed when the horse stepped on it. A week later, I was leaving the hospital on crutches.

Point being, he may have sustained a really bad injury, but was still physically capable enough to send out a text to someone already programmed into his phone. The adrenaline alone may have been keeping him awake and functioning. You have a lot of that going on right after a really scary event. That's not to say that his hands weren't shaking and trembling a lot when he hit the "send" button.

He may have hurt a lot more than his foot, and chances are he did. No way to fix this other than to get out and hunt for him. It would have been nice if he had taken a loud whistle along with him, which is what experienced outdoors-men do...........but I doubt we are going to get that lucky. He's probably curled up under branches, leaves, and limbs in an effort to get a little protection from the wind and weather.

attachment.php

hahaha! I do believe that looks like my old phone .__ send it back, please.

View attachment 107203

Very close to our first cell phone complimentary of the military for whatever reason but yeah we were then hooked. Even though we were both hams/amateur radio operators the cell phone ruled when you needed to call to bring home a gallon of milk.

This kid has been missing since 12/26 ? Two texts out to friends and then nothing afterwards ? Is that all the details we know ?

First of all, just because he was able to send out a text, or even a couple of them, doesn't mean he was necessarily in good health. I've had accidents on dirt bikes where I crashed and got back on the bike only to find out later that I had a sprained ankle and a broken collarbone. I had the same thing happen when I got thrown off a horse on the side of a mountain one time. I got back on him and rode 4 miles back to a barn, never realizing that my right ankle had been crushed when the horse stepped on it. A week later, I was leaving the hospital on crutches.

Point being, he may have sustained a really bad injury, but was still physically capable enough to send out a text to someone already programmed into his phone. The adrenaline alone may have been keeping him awake and functioning. You have a lot of that going on right after a really scary event. That's not to say that his hands weren't shaking and trembling a lot when he hit the "send" button.

He may have hurt a lot more than his foot, and chances are he did. No way to fix this other than to get out and hunt for him. It would have been nice if he had taken a loud whistle along with him, which is what experienced outdoors-men do...........but I doubt we are going to get that lucky. He's probably curled up under branches, leaves, and limbs in an effort to get a little protection from the wind and weather.

So true. After a car accident where I broke my leg and sprained both my ankles, I tried to get out of the car and walk. The other people involved freaked out and told me not to move. I couldn't figure out why because I didn't feel anything. Then I looked down and saw my leg was shaped very strangely. Even then, it took me a few minutes to understand I was badly injured. It was at least half an hour before I felt any pain.

I also looked at the dirt bike he was riding and some if laying down on the side are barely noticeable. imho.
hahaha! I do believe that looks like my old phone .__ send it back, please.

No call was reported and search didn't start until next day so I doubt it. To point out: there were 2 texting conversations about the same time. One regarding that crash. The other one (sent before crash text) said nothing about crash. The "activity" on his phone at 2:30 hasn't been disclosed.

I did note that the most recent article said the last CONTACT with TJ was the crash text. Which led me to wonder if he made a call that wasn't answered at 2:30. Or... Which leads me to wonder, who drives around on a dirt bike calling and texting? Hmmm....

Also, is Oneco anywhere near these pings? I wish we could share the text message screenshots here, but also have a new found respect for TOS.

Quoting myself, wondering can we share the texts here? I think it would clear up confusion on what was sent when (among other things)...is that a nono?

Oneco is a village within Sterling, CT.

Does anybody know if a map of the area has been made up yet ? I'm curious what the terrain looks like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back