Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those two texts were they only a minute or so apart? Does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Never mind...what I was thinking makes no sense now.

Would a burner phone be a flip phone?

Yes, but I doubt he'd be texting his girlfriend or saving phone numbers on a burner phone. Burners are used to be disposed of shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but I doubt he'd be texting his girlfriend or saving phone numbers on a burner phone. Burners are used to be disposed of shortly after.

Yes they are but around here I have seen kids use them as the "I don't want my parents to know what I'm up to" phone.

Thank you for the information ... are hunting dates the same in Connecticut?

After taking out my hunting maps and taking a closer look his road in CT and south is a shotgun hunting area. It's the beginning of the Pachaug State Forest. Which I wouldn't enter for a million dollars.

Same text, 2 people, 1:30 and 3:00 pm.
Did he send them at the same time and the 3:00 one didn't go through due to poor reception? Because it makes no sense otherwise. And texting 2 people but not 911? I'm guessing he wasn't very injured at all, just frustrated that he crashed.

The area around Ross Pond was thoroughly searched ... but the pond itself? Needs to be.

ETA: Just saw post above. So guns are allowed in this area for hunting season. Not good. A licensed hunter making an honest tragic mistake would most likely call 911. But an unlicensed poacher out there, accidentally shooting a person, would probably not. And the pond is close, to conceal evidence. Just a thought I have ...

i saw somewhere that he wanted to sell his bike. What are the chances he was meeting someone for that reason and this is a robbery gone bad?

you would think that if had received a significant injury to his leg, his text would sound more urgent like "think i may have broken leg" or "need help, hurt my leg". they way he said it sounds so nonchalant

I have a son TJ's age. Normally DS has an iPhone to communicate. BUT there was a time when DS was being bratty and acting entitled, so my husband and I reactivated a flip phone that we had previous and DS used it for awhile until he could figure out how to be respectful and responsible.

Great parenting? No. But it worked.

I wonder if this flip phone is nothing more that something the parents gave him, as a consequence or something like that.

I have a son TJ's age. Normally DS has an iPhone to communicate. BUT there was a time when DS was being bratty and acting entitled, so my husband and I reactivated a flip phone that we had previous and DS used it for awhile until he could figure out how to be respectful and responsible.

I wonder if this flip phone is nothing more that something the parents gave him, as a consequence or something like that.

Sounds like pretty fantastic parenting to me. But then my husband and I are some of the strictest parents I know. Our kids are 21, 19, 18, 13 and 8 and they've been taught and made to be respectful. The way our parents and grandparents made us be.

I don't see anything wrong with doing that. I always tried to make the consequence fit the crime.

Sounds like pretty fantastic parenting to me. But then my husband and I are some of the strictest parents I know. Our kids are 21, 19, 18, 13 and 8 and they've been taught and made to be respectful. The way our parents and grandparents made us be.
Oh wow! 5. Only 2 boys now 26 and 24. We were somewhat strict, they were homeschooled(another story) and grew up on Air Force Bases...so they had freedom, also. Gated community, friends and hangouts were within walking distance, etc...

Oh wow! 5. Only 2 boys now 26 and 24. We were somewhat strict, they were homeschooled(another story) and grew up on Air Force Bases...so they had freedom, also. Gated community, friends and hangouts were within walking distance, etc...

I'm a veteran homeschooler :)

The area around Ross Pond was thoroughly searched ... but the pond itself? Needs to be.

I live in northeastern CT. I don't know anything more than anyone else about this case, but I'm into icefishing so things like ice conditions of local lakes and ponds perks my interest. By Christmas most lakes and ponds in the area had iced over, some were even 'fishable'- meaning the ice was thick enough for people to walk around on. Factors like currents, depth, elevation, springs, etc, determine how 'safe' ice is (First rule of ice fishing- there's no such thing as 'safe' ice! Just ice that's less dangerous) so while say a pond like Bigelow has 4-5" of ice and can be fished all over, Lake Mashapaug, in the same park, is only fishable in some spots while there's thin ice or even open water in large parts of the lake.

I've never been to Ross Pond and I haven't heard any ice reports of it yet (I haven't heard much about people icefishing it, there are much more popular icefishing spots nearby) but I'm pretty sure it has at least iced over and if that's the case searching it will be next to impossible before the thaw. But if the pond was frozen by the 26th it would be difficult for anyone to hide something like a dirtbike, the bigger hole you cut through the ice the more you have to work at it. Unless the ice was so thin or open in places- in which case it could be too weak to carry the weight and whoever would try hiding a bike this way could wind up in the water too.

It's possible someone hid him and/or the bike in Ross Pond, just not as likely. Hopefully searchers would notice if there had been any recent holes through the ice.

Of course it's also possible TJ tried taking a shortcut across the pond thinking the ice was stronger than it was and went through. (Last winter someone tried riding his bike across a small pond in Worcester and went through, fortunately he was rescued quickly)

I'll keep an eye on the ice fishing forums, see if anyone has been to Ross. Though since it's kind of in the middle of a search I don't think many icefishermen will go out of there way to fish it, especially since it's not a terribly popular place to begin with.

Did he send them at the same time and the 3:00 one didn't go through due to poor reception? Because it makes no sense otherwise. And texting 2 people but not 911? I'm guessing he wasn't very injured at all, just frustrated that he crashed.

ETA: Just saw post above. So guns are allowed in this area for hunting season. Not good. A licensed hunter making an honest tragic mistake would most likely call 911. But an unlicensed poacher out there, accidentally shooting a person, would probably not. And the pond is close, to conceal evidence. Just a thought I have ...

Agreed, the texts only make sense with bad reception. However, as someone pointed out earlier, the reception may not have allowed him to call 911, and texts just went through when a bit of signal was available. To me, it sounds like he was on the move after he crashed, which has made the search area difficult. He may have even tried to cut through private property to get home faster. I still worry about a concussion. Jmo.

i cant believe i had not seen the thing about the 3pm text before now...

so how does texting work if things get delayed? does it get timestamped with the time it is first attempted to be sent, the time it is actually sent, or the time it is received?

im pretty sure it is not the time it is received, that would be silly and i have never seen an app/messenger that worked that way (i have never actually texted with a phone tho)

so how does texting work if things get delayed? does it get timestamped with the time it is first attempted to be sent, the time it is actually sent, or the time it is received?

im pretty sure it is not the time it is received, that would be silly and i have never seen an app/messenger that worked that way (i have never actually texted with a phone tho)
I've heard about a 3pm text but haven't seen anything to prove it. From the link I posted: "The last cell phone activity on Allen’s phone was on Monday, December 26, at around 2:30 p.m., and he made that call in the general area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My experience has been that it timestamps the time received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I live in northeastern CT. I don't know anything more than anyone else about this case, but I'm into icefishing so things like ice conditions of local lakes and ponds perks my interest. By Christmas most lakes and ponds in the area had iced over, some were even 'fishable'- meaning the ice was thick enough for people to walk around on. Factors like currents, depth, elevation, springs, etc, determine how 'safe' ice is (First rule of ice fishing- there's no such thing as 'safe' ice! Just ice that's less dangerous) so while say a pond like Bigelow has 4-5" of ice and can be fished all over, Lake Mashapaug, in the same park, is only fishable in some spots while there's thin ice or even open water in large parts of the lake.

I've never been to Ross Pond and I haven't heard any ice reports of it yet (I haven't heard much about people icefishing it, there are much more popular icefishing spots nearby) but I'm pretty sure it has at least iced over and if that's the case searching it will be next to impossible before the thaw. But if the pond was frozen by the 26th it would be difficult for anyone to hide something like a dirtbike, the bigger hole you cut through the ice the more you have to work at it. Unless the ice was so thin or open in places- in which case it could be too weak to carry the weight and whoever would try hiding a bike this way could wind up in the water too.

It's possible someone hid him and/or the bike in Ross Pond, just not as likely. Hopefully searchers would notice if there had been any recent holes through the ice.

Of course it's also possible TJ tried taking a shortcut across the pond thinking the ice was stronger than it was and went through. (Last winter someone tried riding his bike across a small pond in Worcester and went through, fortunately he was rescued quickly)

I'll keep an eye on the ice fishing forums, see if anyone has been to Ross. Though since it's kind of in the middle of a search I don't think many icefishermen will go out of there way to fish it, especially since it's not a terribly popular place to begin with.

OT

Do you ever icefish bog meadow in East Killingly?

My experience has been that it timestamps the time received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

im probably not stating something correctly - but surely if you turn your phone off and go to bed, and someone texts you at 1am 3am and 5am, when you turn your phone on at 6am and get those texts you can see the times they were sent to you right?.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back