Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Allen was last reportedly seen the afternoon of Dec. 26 in the Oneco area of town on a Honda XR100 dirt bike without a working headlight, state police said. State police said the last communication from Allen came that same day when he texted his girlfriend to say he'd fallen off his bike and hurt his leg.
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/20170101/still-no-word-on-missing-sterling-18-year-old

Bolded refers to Sterling, CT. Not sure if that is where his house is or where the trails are but it says he was seen there.

I don't recall reading that his headlight was out :(

that story may be wrong, i dont think they have any witness that saw him in oneco.

re: the cell ping/s - there are potentially many towers in range, i wish i understood more completely how the process works tho, maybe i have a project for tonight now hehe

thanks for the map skibs

that story may be wrong, i dont think they have any witness that saw him in oneco.

re: the cell ping/s - there are potentially many towers in range, i wish i understood more completely how the process works tho, maybe i have a project for tonight now hehe

thanks for the map skibs

We really need to know his cell service provider to narrow any possibilities down.

We really need to know his cell service provider to narrow any possibilities down.

I wonder if he could have been using a prepaid cell? This says his phone was a "flip phone":

She says this leaves many unanswered questions. Police have been unable to track TJ through his cell phone which is a flip phone. He was last seen wearing a black helmet, camouflage sweatshirt, and jeans.
http://wtnh.com/2016/12/29/search-continues-for-sterling-teen-missing-in-woods/

I don't know any teens who carry flip phones...I thought only old people like me use them. ;)

Some locations in the photo captions here: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/20161229/volunteers-continue-searching-for-missing-sterling-man

Would not let me C&P:

1. Volunteers met at the Sterling Fire Department
2. Occum Fire capt. talked to Volunteers on the interception of Cedar Swam Road and Porter Pond Road in Sterling (actual road sign in pic 11 Shows the road as Cedar Swamp Rd.)
3. Volunteers came from Moosup to search in Sterling
4. There are pics of maps on a table with highlighted areas. Not sure if we can figure out where those areas are or not, but worth a look.

I'll admit I'm not an outoorsy person in the sense I don't hunt, fish, ride ATVs or dirtbikes, etc. - but is it normal for someone who is going out in the woods on the trails to wear camouflage? I would think it might be a little dangerous.

It's hunting season right now. Not a very bright idea at all. I don't enter those trails at all, any time of the year, with out blaze orange on. Too many people don't follow hunting laws for me to feel comfortable. (Not bashing hunters, I'm one myself. Just like any groups there's usually a few rotten eggs involved.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would a burner phone be a flip phone?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. It's just that I don't know too many people who go to a service provider and purposely get a flip phone with a contract anymore. Many flip phones are burner phones but not all flip phones are burner phones and not all burner phones are flip phones--you can get a prepaid smart phone too but it's more expensive. My flip phone that I had been nursing along since 2007 died 2 years ago and when I went to replace it there were no flip phones in the store. I went with a free smart phone with 2 year contract deal instead. It's possible if I really wanted a flip phone they would order it but I was happy to get a deal on the smart phone.

"They did get a ping on his cellphone, a location, but it was kind of erratic where it was at," Sterling Fire Chief Brian Glaude said. "It went dead. They weren't able to get any more information on it."

The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection with Sterling Fire Department, South Killingly Fire Department, Plainfield Police Department, Rhode Island police departments as well as Connecticut State Police Aviation Unit – Trooper One were searching the area. The Connecticut State Police K-9s were searching a specific area, which was separate from the ATVs, so as not to disturb any scent.

He just graduated from Ellis Tech this year and wants to be a welder.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/34138844/...d-volunteers-search-for-missing-sterling-teen

Trying to find more info on the specific area the K-9's searched. Interesting this quote about the location ping being being erratic.

It's hunting season right now. Not a very bright idea at all.

Dirtbikes are very loud. It would take a hunter who is either deaf or extremely careless to shoot someone on a dirtbike accidentally because they were wearing camo.

Dirtbikes are very loud. It would take a hunter who is either deaf or extremely careless to shoot someone on a dirtbike accidentally because they were wearing camo.

My Husband is deaf and hunts all the time. Not in that area but if he does then there are others.

Just wanted to say something about the report about his phone pinging around Ross's Pond/Cliff and Cucumber Hill Road in Foster. I'm a local and the Cucumber Hill Road area is also called Moosup Valley. Notorious for extremely bad cell signals or none at all. Even the Foster Police have trouble with radio transmissions in the Valley.

Many of the volunteers helping with the search coordinated through Facebook, posting on a group page "Search for T.J." There, friends and loved ones have been posting words of encouragement, along with praise for the way the community has come together in this search effort. Other posts include instructions on where they should focus the search, as well as an interactive map people can use to track areas that have been searched to be more efficient.

One of those posts said:
Today make Carbuncle Pond the #1 priority. For those familiar with topographic maps take a look at this one and find the highest point of the surrounding area of Carbuncle Pond and start there. Even during light bring a flashlight. Check crevices very very carefully. Check in wet and muddy places. These places on the map circled in red are hot points. Check them carefully. Go to areas where teens would hang out. He may not be able to move or talk so look vigilantly. He is also wearing a camp shirt. Look as he may be using a tree, log, or leaves as a heat source and he will be near water also used as a hydration source. Check at the bottom of steep hills where it is muddy and full of dirt and where he may have slipped or fallen and landed there. Also the lake off of Lewis Farm Road there is a trail where there is a fallen tree and big rocks and a very steep hill. Check there very closely. Take all these into consideration and he will be found. May everyone stay safe.

http://fox61.com/2016/12/29/hundred...ce-to-search-woods-for-missing-sterling-teen/

This has been said before, but you're misunderstanding the possible scenario. It's not being suggested that a hunter could mistake him for a deer on his dirtbike. Much more likely:

- TJ is injured after crashing his bike, he walks with bike, wearing camo he is not discernable as a person. Hunter mistakes movement for a deer.

- Or ... TJ wandering in the woods with his bike is hit by stray bullets.

Not wearing orange out there right now is dangerous. Best to stay out of the woods altogether unless you're a hunter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Natalee
Back